• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
1. One Big Mob
2. Sir Psycho Sexy
3. Nobody Weird Like Me
4. Venice Queen
5. Deep Kick

One Hot Minute is my favourite Chili's album, when John returned things weren't quite the same.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
So anyway I forgot to say morning Gaf.

Pretty much got things sorted out, so it's all good. Feeling much better this morning.

Well, I say feeling better, I mean mentally. Physically I'm actually pretty ill, everyone in work has got the same thing, sore throat, aches, bunged up etc. 3 people have called in sick today, but muggins here is far too busy so I've dragged myself in, nearly fainted on the tube, feeling crap and can't concentrate. Maybe I'll go home early if I can get everything done I need to.

Oh yeah, I had the exact same cold at the start of the week, it's a total bastard. Still got a sore throat but at least my head has cleared up some.

Totally go home early, work is not worth feeling this crappy for. All my colleagues thought I was nuts for even coming in yesterday. I love working in education, people are so human.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
so where do you guys clothe shop? topman im guessing

I normally wear military surplus stuff with metal t-shirts.

But for more "normal" stuff it's Matalan and Asda.

Note: I have only went clothes shopping once in four years.

Mikeside

I reckon we should sort something out for november/dec, what say you? When I saw Mike this weekend he still seemed up for it too. It will be fun and tragic all at the same time :D

You're using my real name on the forum again.
Now people know my name.
GOD.

...yeah I'm up for some hijinks. Are we still thinking Agincourt?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
You're using my real name on the forum again.
Now people know my name.
GOD.

...yeah I'm up for some hijinks. Are we still thinking Agincourt?

Yeeeeeah boii! We need to get good and drunk first I think :D

I sometimes attempt to type your full name but then I can't remember the formatting so I just go with the easy option :p Like SmokyDave is just Dave really.

I reckon we should sort something out for november/dec, what say you? When I saw Mike this weekend he still seemed up for it too. It will be fun and tragic all at the same time :D

I can do 3rd November, 10th November, and assuming the next meet up is 1st December, I can do 24th November and 8th December.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I can do 3rd November, 10th November, and assuming the next meet up is 1st December, I can do 24th November and 8th December.

Early November might work well actually, since it'll be between meets and we can eek out the irl gaf goodness a little. I'm thinking the 3rd could be cool. Whatcha thinking IamMikeside??

Mikeside

Early November might work well actually, since it'll be between meets and we can eek out the irl gaf goodness a little. I'm thinking the 3rd could be cool. Whatcha thinking IamMikeside??

That's better - now I'm an enigma, a mystery wrapped in an unspoken legend, a whisper in the wind. The cry of a newborn baby. The soft call of a wise owl in the night. Am I in the East? Am I in the West? I am the morningtide.
Or something. I don't really know what happened there.

Er... yeah, Nov 3 should be good por moi. I'll have just been paid, so that's good :)

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
That's better - now I'm an enigma, a mystery wrapped in an unspoken legend, a whisper in the wind. The cry of a newborn baby. The soft call of a wise owl in the night. Am I in the East? Am I in the West? I am the morningtide.
Or something. I don't really know what happened there.

Er... yeah, Nov 3 should be good por moi. I'll have just been paid, so that's good :)

Me too, we can go hog wild, get a limo and a bag of blow - holla!

ahem

Mikeside

The connections on GAF man.

In my AI lecture today we discussed the AI of prostitutes in GTA. Mature 3rd year students.

Tell me about the AI of prostitutes in GTA - sounds fascinating.

Me too, we can go hog wild, get a limo and a bag of blow - holla!

ahem

Err...k?

I thought you guys were supposed to be nerds. Why aren't we doing a bomberman tourny or some shit?
You're all going to be super disappointed when you see how quickly and on how little alcohol I get slaughtered.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Tell me about the AI of prostitutes in GTA - sounds fascinating.

Err...k?

I thought you guys were supposed to be nerds. Why aren't we doing a bomberman tourny or some shit?
You're all going to be super disappointed when you see how quickly and on how little alcohol I get slaughtered.

Awesome, as long as I don't have to carry you that sounds fun.

I am a nerd but I also love getting off my tits. The two things are not mutually exclusive in my world. Bomberman tourney does sound pretty cool though, I have it on my xbox and a mess of controllers... hmm, I wonder what the best drug to do with bomberman would be?? Prolly mandy, everything is better with mandy ha

Mikeside

Awesome, as long as I don't have to carry you that sounds fun.

I am a nerd but I also love getting off my tits. The two things are not mutually exclusive in my world. Bomberman tourney does sound pretty cool though, I have it on my xbox and a mess of controllers... hmm, I wonder what the best drug to do with bomberman would be?? Prolly mandy, everything is better with mandy ha

S'ok, I was
mostly
joking :p

Surely mushrooms + bomberman = best time ever?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
The best gaming experience I had was doing mushrooms and playing San Andreas, it was amazing. The phrase living breathing world has never been so true. I hung out with some mexicans who were sharing a bottle for about half an hour it was epic. I didn't even kill anyone for the first couple of hours, it would have been too weird.

That was back in the day though. You can't get that shit no more and it makes me sad.

Mikeside

The best gaming experience I had was doing mushrooms and playing San Andreas, it was amazing. The phrase living breathing world has never been so true. I hung out with some mexicans who were sharing a bottle for about half an hour it was epic. I didn't even kill anyone for the first couple of hours, it would have been too weird.

That was back in the day though. You can't get that shit no more and it makes me sad.

A friend of mine got insanely blazed on a few bongs and spent 7 hours fishing on Fable 1.
His housemate went to bed and he was fishing, got up for work the next day - yep, John was still sitting there, fishing.

I tend to play stuff like Rock Band or Bejeweled when I'm stoned - far less hassle

SmokyDave

Amen. I've spent hours upon hours of 'quality time' in San Andreas. I remember once spending most of a week off just taking photos of my cars in photo mode and then eventually I came down and realised most of them were shit. Such good memories.

I tend to play stuff like Rock Band or Bejeweled when I'm stoned - far less hassle
Just Cause 2 and Red Dead Redemption are my modern-day choices.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
A friend of mine got insanely blazed on a few bongs and spent 7 hours fishing on Fable 1.
His housemate went to bed and he was fishing, got up for work the next day - yep, John was still sitting there, fishing.

I've been plenty high many times in my life but never so much that I have wanted to play videogame fishing, let alone all night long. Sounds like the best shit ever. Or he had a mini-stroke, one of the two.

My favourite stoner games would probably be GTA and Halo, which is unsurprising given they're my favourite games anyway, but you can really get into a good rhythm. Back when I used to hit the bong years ago it was the perfect time between rounds of Halo to stack, smoke and get back into it. Also, playing customs with the HaloGAF folks post-Reach was great because we'd play at 1am on a friday night and I would invariably be falling out of my chair. JRPGs are also good to zone out to.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Amen. I've spent hours upon hours of 'quality time' in San Andreas. I remember once spending most of a week off just taking photos of my cars in photo mode and then eventually I came down and realised most of them were shit. Such good memories.

Just Cause 2 and Red Dead Redemption are my modern-day choices.

Awesome :D That game is legendary for the dumb things it made it's players do.

I don't know if I've told this story here before, but when SA came out I was both unemployed and heavily drugged up (read: sponging scumbag - it didn't last long I promise). So there was that mission where you've got to get a key off a women in Las Venturas. I found out where she lived in the game and camped outside her house. I think you were meant to date her, but I chose stalk and kill. There must have been something wrong with the game because I sat there for literally 4 hours a day for a solid week of real time, just getting super high and communicating with the passers by (using up and down on the dpad) and occasionally having a little killspree. She eventually came out any my revenge was swift and comprehensive.

SKINNER!

Banned

oh...ok.
iz1WtfHuYubYQ.gif

Juicy Bob

You know, I've never been high before. Just never had the urge to try the stuff.

However, I do believe there's a good case for legalising cannabis, it just needs to handled sensibly with big penalties for drug-driving and other irresponsible behaviour. At the very least, they should make it medically available for people who would benefit from its effects.

Mikeside

I've been plenty high many times in my life but never so much that I have wanted to play videogame fishing, let alone all night long. Sounds like the best shit ever. Or he had a mini-stroke, one of the two.

My favourite stoner games would probably be GTA and Halo, which is unsurprising given they're my favourite games anyway, but you can really get into a good rhythm. Back when I used to hit the bong years ago it was the perfect time between rounds of Halo to stack, smoke and get back into it. Also, playing customs with the HaloGAF folks post-Reach was great because we'd play at 1am on a friday night and I would invariably be falling out of my chair. JRPGs are also good to zone out to.

I haven't really enjoyed a JRPG in a while, but I tried Ni No Kuni - Wrath of the White Witch at EGE and it seemed fairly enjoyable, but I suppose it'll depend how it lasts over serveral hours, rather than a 20 minute demo.

Worth keeping an eye on, for sure - especially as it look flippin' gorgeous.

You know, I've never been high before. Just never had the urge to try the stuff.

However, I do believe there's a good case for legalising cannabis, it just needs to handled sensibly with big penalties for drug-driving and other irresponsible behaviour. At the very least, they should make it medically available for people who would benefit from its effects.

From what I understand, we don't really know the long-term effects of the type of cannibis that we generally smoke around here because it's super skunk, which is something to do with the insane amounts of THC on it, compared to the cannibis that was smoked in the 90s and earlier, so we probably couldn't actually prescribe it medically as it's not been tested for use.

That could be bullshit, it's something one of my friends was telling me about a few weeks ago.

Jedeye, that sounds fucking psychotic.... Also exactly like something I would've done back in those heady days of San Andreas.

... I remember being too young to buy the game, so having to get a friend's mum to buy it for me, hahah.

Middle of the night, alone in my room on the top floor of a 3 floor house, all the lights off, volume turned right up, stoned to fuck playing Silent Hill 2. Most scared I think I have ever been. Was awesome.

Managed to get out of work early, nearly home to be looked after.

Mikeside

Middle of the night, alone in my room on the top floor of a 3 floor house, all the lights off, volume turned right up, stoned to fuck playing Silent Hill 2. Most scared I think I have ever been. Was awesome.

Managed to get out of work early, nearly home to be looked after.

I'm jelly.

Ahh well, I have a 4 day week next week, then a 3 day week following that.

So there.

...I wanna be at home :(

I thought you guys were on about the next London GAF meet. Never mind!

And yes, I'm CHEEZMO's mum. The shit I have to put up, it's unbelievable.

Mikeside

I thought you guys were on about the next London GAF meet. Never mind!

And yes, I'm CHEEZMO's mum. The shit I have to put up, it's unbelievable.

Pfft, get a hotel room (there are cheap ones around here) and come to Home Counties GAF meetup too.

I'll even give you a lift to and from the train station.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom