• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinner

Banned
XuKan.png

hey guys whats going on

Mikeside

Are you ogling or slut shaming?

Chinner doesn't come to meets because he doesn't want us to know he buys his trousers from Topshop.

I'm glad they got rid of the booth babes because I think it's demeaning to the respected women in the industry and I think it puts off a lot of families and female gamers from getting involved in the hobby & going to the expos. Also, frankly, I don't feel that comfortable going to something like Eurogamer and geeking out when I feel like there are all these women with no interest in games wandering around and silently (or not so silently as I overheard them making fun of people) judging everyone there.

See? I totally can't shut up about it. I seem to be pissed off tonight, GAF. What's up with that?

Weird, I'm sure I saw lots of sexy girls at Eurogamer... also don't assume that just cause a girl's hot she's a booth babe or knows nothing about gaming. BGBW made that mistake...

Mikeside

Weird, I'm sure I saw lots of sexy girls at Eurogamer... also don't assume that just cause a girl's hot she's a booth babe or knows nothing about gaming. BGBW made that mistake...

In the thread I said that if a girl cares about games or gaming, then I'm happy for them to be there, but still - it's not appropriate for them to be in tiny hotpants and nipple tape because it's an all-ages event with kids, parents, families, blah blah blah.

But yeah. Trying to calm down tonight. Who wants to sing some Paul Simon at me?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
In the thread I said that if a girl cares about games or gaming, then I'm happy for them to be there, but still - it's not appropriate for them to be in tiny hotpants and nipple tape because it's an all-ages event with kids, parents, families, blah blah blah.

But yeah. Trying to calm down tonight. Who wants to sing some Paul Simon at me?

You need to be checking the new Godspeed album out. it is GOD(speed)LY

SKINNER!

Banned
so where do you guys clothe shop? topman im guessing

Burtons, M&S, Next, GAP, Primark, online shops if I'm looking for a specific tshirt, US stores like Old Navy or Sears/Target whenever I'm abroad, sometimes Asda or Tesco if I'm needing holiday clothes at 1am (there's probably cctv footage of me trying on a pair of jeans in public kicking around somewhere).
Not too fussed about labels as long as it looks good. Will never go near a hollister or Superdry though /snob

Edit: Shoes on the other hand....

Lirlond

For Jeans I usually go to USC or something equivalent. Cheap jeans always tear really easily for me. Especially since I have fat thighs. Everything else its places like Burton, H&M, Topman, Primark etc

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
BGBW made that mistake...

I already said I felt guilty over that. At least it was a semi-ish compliment she was was saying she look nice. And she did seem engaged in the job and knew what she was talking about so it was a bit unfair of me to lump her in the booth babe category.

As for clothes shopping I usually got UniQlo since they have a wide colour choice and
TK Maxx shock horror

Qasiel

Other-side-of-the-Atlantic GAF are talking crazy talk again: Using a microwave instead of a kettle to boil water for a cup of tea. Not just a one-off, when the kettle breaks and they want a brew, but all the time.

That doesn't sit right with me. Not one bit.

Other-side-of-the-Atlantic GAF are talking crazy talk again: Using a microwave instead of a kettle to boil water for a cup of tea. Not just a one-off, when the kettle breaks and they want a brew, but all the time.

That doesn't sit right with me. Not one bit.

I had to do that when I was staying in a hostel in Helsinki. Tasted like crap. There's something wrong with them.

Qasiel

I had to do that when I was staying in a hostel in Helsinki. Tasted like crap. There's something wrong with them.

It's like heating water in a saucepan for a cuppa when you don't have a kettle handy. It just doesn't taste the same.

Now don't get me wrong; I love a bit of science and the thought of making tea via microwaves sounds great in theory, but in practice just isn't right.

Mikeside

Microwaved water does sound like a surefire way of getting superpowers though... hmmm.

You'd get the power of water, though.
Wouldn't you just be Aquaman? I can't think of anything more disappointing than getting to be a superhero, but having to be the shit one who gets made fun of by the other superheroes.

So anyway I forgot to say morning Gaf.

Pretty much got things sorted out, so it's all good. Feeling much better this morning.

Well, I say feeling better, I mean mentally. Physically I'm actually pretty ill, everyone in work has got the same thing, sore throat, aches, bunged up etc. 3 people have called in sick today, but muggins here is far too busy so I've dragged myself in, nearly fainted on the tube, feeling crap and can't concentrate. Maybe I'll go home early if I can get everything done I need to.

Juicy Bob

I'm so British, I have at least three cups of tea a day and I can't even remember the last time I had a cup of coffee.

EDIT: Glad to hear it, Musha. Here's hoping you fully recover physically soon.

Qasiel

You'd get the power of water, though.
Wouldn't you just be Aquaman? I can't think of anything more disappointing than getting to be a superhero, but having to be the shit one who gets made fun of by the other superheroes.
Ever read "The Boys"? There's a girl on an Avengers/Justice League-esque team who gets more done to her than just be made fun of by her fellow supes.

SmokyDave

I'm so British, I have at least three cups of tea a day and I can't even remember the last time I had a cup of coffee.

EDIT: Glad to hear it, Musha. Here's hoping you fully recover physically soon.

I'm English and I throw back coffee like it was going out of fashion whilst ignoring the warm, wet mediocrity that is 'tea'.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
61.jpg

Most of the new stuff i buy is from the JJ store.

Even had a browse of one over in Amsterdam

Tea lol the only people who drink tea are dudes locked up in police cells and that's only because they have no other choice.

Mikeside

I'm English and I throw back coffee like it was going out of fashion whilst ignoring the warm, wet mediocrity that is 'tea'.

Yeah, so I hate to be the one to tell you this, but your parents probably bought you from a Polish couple or something. You definitely aren't English.

Ever read "The Boys"? There's a girl on an Avengers/Justice League-esque team who gets more done to her than just be made fun of by her fellow supes.

Sounds more horrific and upsetting than disappointing :p

SKINNER!

Banned
Coffee here too. I don't mind tea but sometimes I feel like I'm forcing myself to finish it.

Been going through a Red Hot Chili Peppers binge today by listening to "Live at Hyde Park" on the drive to work and now going through "Blood Sugar Sex Magik".

1.) Can't Stop
2.) Around the World
3.) Tell me Baby/Fortune Faded
4.) Power of Equality
5.) Pretty Little Ditty

Notable mentions: Hard to Concentrate, Aeroplane, Love Rollercoaster, Save the Population, Snow.

Top 5/10 RHCP tracks. Go!

Mikeside

Coffee here too. I don't mind tea but sometimes I feel like I'm forcing myself to finish it.

Been going through a Red Hot Chili Peppers binge today by listening to "Live at Hyde Park" on the drive to work and now going through "Blood Sugar Sex Magik".

1.) Can't Stop
2.) Around the World
4.) Power of Equality
5.) Pretty Little Ditty

Notable mentions: Hard to Concentrate, Aeroplane, Love Rollercoaster, Save the Population, Snow.

1. Under the Bridge
2. Road Trippin'
3. Scar Tissue
4. Nope... that's it

Qasiel

1) By The Way (Hyde Park version for that outro)
2) Can't Stop (got some good memories associated with that song)
3) Save The Population (my personal Karaoke tune when I was in Japan)
4) Parallel Universe (again, dat outro)
5) Cabron (downright funky tune, and always in my BBQ playlists)
6) Road Trippin' (I surf. The words "check the surf" are mentioned. Conjures up images if mates going surfing. Love it.)
7) Californication (Beautiful use of lyrics and a catchy tune. Plus the video was damned cool)
8) Around The World (A fun old song, and a cool way to open a fantastic album)
9) Scar Tissue (A girl I used to fancy loved this song and I was young & impressionable once, so this song has always stuck with me)
10) Teenager In Love (B-Side, but a cool-as-feck cover of a very old rock n' roll song

Bonus: They're Red Hot (Zany, madcap Chili's with Kiedis just funking away)

Man, I love me some RHCP.

Stubo

1.) Can't Stop
2.) Around the World
4.) Power of Equality
5.) Pretty Little Ditty

1. Otherside
2. Scar tissue
3. Under the Bridge
4. Can't Stop
5. Californication

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom