• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Does Mountain Dew taste anything like Mountain Dew Energy? If so, I don't see the hype

It's been so long since I tried American MD that I can't remember. But I'm gonna keep telling myself the American one's better because MD Energy tastes... watery.

Root Beer however, oh mama. I could spend my whole loan at the American sweet/soda/cereal section in Fenwick's.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Guess next year I should wear a tie with my shirt.

And black yourself up, totes.

It's never not funny.

I actually have a friend who is totally a white Moss (although he is a lot more socially competent). I wanna get him an afro wig and some teabags.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
The best MD from america is MD/2020

maddog.jpg

I get shivers just looking at it. No matter what flavour you get you can't mask that horrible fucking undertaste.

It works well with my gaylord spirits - Sailor Jerry's (enhances and rounds off the rum flavour) and amaretto (the warmth of the almond flavour is yummy).

I'm not nearly hard enough for vodka, it makes me retch.

Can't imagine the colour mixing irn bru with a rum.

I will need to buy a bottle of rum this friday, I don't think i have ever felt a rum drunk.

Stubo

Now playing it in my office.

THEY CALL ME THE HIPHOPAPOTTAMUS MY LYRICS ARE BOTTOMLESS
Where did you get this preposterous hypothesis, did Steve tell you that perchance? ...Steve...

So many amazing lines in their songs, wasn't a huge fan of season 2 though...

I haven't had irn bru in ages and now I want some. Same applies for mountain dew actually :( you guys suck!

Spookie

What?...

This doesn't make sense AT ALL.
You were so into Metal Gear Rising at Eurogamer, though?
Totally geeking out about being ready for Raiden, loving all the PMCs and mechs and shit?
I thought for sure that you were a big time MGS fan, right?

Shit, I'd better cancel that pre-order I got for your Christmas prezzie.

hulk.jpg

Scuderia

Real Mt Dew is awesome, and tastes much better than our energy version. Pretty much all i drank when i went to the US, and i recently got some from a shop near Manchester, good times!

SKINNER!

Banned
I tried Mountain Dew the other day. My advise: Don't try it. Not even once.

Mountain Dew is the only fizzy drink I can happily drink over and over and over. Taste so good! Wish I could get the stuff in the classic dark green glass bottle though because those "MOUNTAIN DEW ENERGY" bright green plastic ones look like dildos.

:(

Real Talk though: Splinter Cell is better.

ZNR2X.gif

How are 3? I might wait a few months to see if I can get one cheaper on pay as you go, I'd rarely use it for the phone functionality.

I don't know what Three are like these days, back when I changed they had a lot of signal problems, even in London. Most people in my office are on Vodafone and our corporate contract is with them as well. I'm sure Three have improved in the last few years, I mean they are gaining market share, taking it off Everything Everywhere quite rapidly. They will never be in the same league as the big three, but they do offer actually unlimited internet apparently.

Mikeside

I don't know what Three are like these days, back when I changed they had a lot of signal problems, even in London. Most people in my office are on Vodafone and our corporate contract is with them as well. I'm sure Three have improved in the last few years, I mean they are gaining market share, taking it off Everything Everywhere quite rapidly. They will never be in the same league as the big three, but they do offer actually unlimited internet apparently.

I'm with 3 and you're dead on.
The signal can be a bit crummy in some places, but it's getting better all the time.
The internet plan I'm on is true unlimited with no fair usage c(r)ap.
Customer service is pretty great too - I had an issue with my phone claiming to be tethering internet to another device (not allowed on my contract without a £3 add on or something) but that got fixed and I'm a happy chappy now :)

SKINNER!

Banned
Speaking to the BBC, Rodney Collins - a press officer when Sir Jimmy Savile was a DJ at BBC Radio 1 - said he had been asked in 1973 to check whether newspapers were planning to print allegations of Savile having inappropriate liaisons with underage girls.

He said he discovered the papers had "heard these allegations" but were unwilling to print them "whether... true or not because Jimmy Savile [did] a lot for charity".

"He was perceived as a very popular man," he recalled being told.

He reported back that they were not planning to run the story: "I didn't say that there's no truth in the allegations, I didn't say that Jimmy Savile was whiter than white.

"What I said was I don't believe the newspapers are going to print anything."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-19801768

Charity work is now as valuable as a "get out of jail free" card? wow

daviyoung

Banned
I feel sorry for his cellmate if they do put him in jail.

Still surprised it took this long before it leaked.

There are plenty of cover-ups and bribes and pay-offs in media even today, I don't want to know some of the shenanigans that goes on with the talent shows like x-factor or pop idol. They just reek of dodgy dealings. Roger Melly in Viz is a good satire of it all.

SmokyDave

You know you've been GAFfing too much when you overhear someone saying "why did they let a 5 year old out at 7:30 at night?!" and then wait for 'em to get banned for victim blaming.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
You know you've been GAFfing too much when you overhear someone saying "why did they let a 5 year old out at 7:30 at night?!" and then wait for 'em to get banned for victim blaming.

My mum was going on about this to me just a few hours ago. Almost verbatim to that.

SKINNER!

Banned
Currently at Glasgow Central station and its already freezing as if its December! Winter is gonna be brutal this year. I can feel it :(

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Currently at Glasgow Central station and its already freezing as if its December! Winter is gonna be brutal this year. I can feel it :(

Do you still get the Christmas Market outside of St. Enoch's Centre in December? I remember eating so many hotdogs and pork+sauerkraut sandwiches from the German dudes there.

Chinner

Banned
i liked that jacket whatshisface posted on burtons. i actually found it in the shop but they didnt have my size (XXXXXXXL) :(

are winter jackets even actually in yet? majority of jackets ive seen in store so far have been horrible

Mikeside

Somebody needs to keep me out of the Eurogamer Booth Babes thread, I think it's going to get me banned again...

i liked that jacket whatshisface posted on burtons. i actually found it in the shop but they didnt have my size (XXXXXXXL) :(

are winter jackets even actually in yet? majority of jackets ive seen in store so far have been horrible

WHATSHISFACE?!?!?! :( :( :(
Just because YOU'RE a gaf OT personality, Chinner.

Chinner

Banned
well i like that coat you posted. when i looked around meadows-land/manchester it was easily the best coat out there. as i said, not sure if i should wait for winter collection but who the fuck knows when thats coming/

Mikeside

well i like that coat you posted. when i looked around meadows-land/manchester it was easily the best coat out there. as i said, not sure if i should wait for winter collection but who the fuck knows when thats coming/

I got that coat early because I thought it's only gonna get colder and I'd rather have it ready.

It's super comfy, by the way :)

There's also 25% off on everything on their online store. I think the code is EMAIL25 or something.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

I don't think Chinner is really a fattie. I bet he's a skinny stripey t-shirt hipster with asymetrical hair.

Jezza...

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Somebody needs to keep me out of the Eurogamer Booth Babes thread, I think it's going to get me banned again...

WHATS HIS NAME?!?!?! :( :( :(
Just because YOU'RE a gaf OT personality, Chinner.

Are you ogling or slut shaming?

It's going to be awkward at the next gaf meet up when I'll only refer to you as whatshisface :p

Chinner doesn't come to meets because he doesn't want us to know he buys his trousers from Topshop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom