• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

kasane

On another note, it is so damn depressing watching Japanese videos of Evil Ryu. First off it's very hard to find. Top tier or not, he doesn't seem that popular. And when I do come across them, most of them have a sub 50% win rate and get bodied hard by much better players. Sure Daigo is kicking ass and taking names with Evil Ryu, but the only two matches of him floating around on Youtube is him getting beat by two different Mak players.

And if that wasn't bad enough, these Evil Ryu players aren't doing anything new. They're practically playing him almost identical to his AE 2012 self. Not that he's that different, but he has some new stuff that I think is useful, but they're not using it at all.

I have come up with some idea in my mind that I want to try in Ultra. I've already tested them in the USF4 mod, but of course it's not the real thing. And these Evil Ryu players aren't attempting them. I don't know whether they don't work or it's just not a good idea to use them. At least this just makes me hungrier to play USF4 since I'm not getting any satisfaction watching my character.

I think the one thing I learned the most from watching Japanese arcade matches is that if I played at one with decent comp, I'd probably only have a 20% win rate at best. Even the dudes with a win rate that low look about as good as me lol.

Daigo is top 3 now in bp with eryu

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Weird. I thought all EX fireballs with knockdown properties retained them when going through a single fireball.

Are you back on Chun or are you still on dat T. Hawk grind?
Oh I'm still a Chun main. Just needed a break for a while, then ended up not playing much at all for a while after that.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I think I'm going to run a very long stream on day one. Would need some people to play in it. Since it's PSN I probably won't bother too much myself.

Imm0rt4l

So Chun is god-tier? Fuck :p.

Now everyone will complain about how overpowered she is.

I thought that was juri. Also I find it interesting this is my line of thinking whenever I'm interested in a character. Rolento looks obnoxious as fuck, but I liked him since alpha 2. So I was kinda glad to hear they were handing him some nerfs, I don't like that op bullshit.

#lowtierhero

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Degen is a live action training dummy. He will put himself in situations for you to do whatever you please with him. Plus every new game reignites the rivalry between Beef and Degen and that itself is something to watch.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I thought that was juri. Also I find it interesting this is my line of thinking whenever I'm interested in a character. Rolento looks obnoxious as fuck, but I liked him since alpha 2. So I was kinda glad to hear they were handing him some nerfs, I don't like that op bullshit.

#lowtierhero

Just main Dan

Prototype

I'm trying really hard to wait until the disc release comes out but it's akin to torture.

Can you buy the full game digital yet? If so, does it come with all the costumes like the disc version will?

BiggNife

Does AE runs ok on Windows 8.1?

It runs perfectly. The only caveat is that you need to manually install Games for Windows Live from Microsoft's website because for whatever reason the version of GfW that Steam installs automatically causes Win8 to crash. Hopefully AE finally converts to Steamworks soon, and Ultra is going to be Steamworks out of the box.

Combofiend explains GFWL to Steamworks transition for PC players.
What's up guys? I know there are a lot of you out there who are playing SSFIVAE on Games For Windows Live (GFWL) and are wondering what will happen once GFWL goes down. Well today, I bring you the info on how to transition from GFWL to Steam. Keep reading below to see how.

As Ultra Street Fighter IV is coming out soon for Steam, we are looking to transition our current GFWL users over to Steamworks in order to provide the optimal level of support across the board for PC Street Fighter fans. We’ve been working behind the scenes to ensure that this change will be as seamless as possible, but for users who still wish to continue using GFWL, the game will still function as normal for the foreseeable future.

The transition from GFWL to Steamworks will take place on May 30, 2014.
Unfortunately, both paid and free DLC will not be transferred over in this process.

Source

So, while I'm happy that we get a quick transition to Steamworks, I think the fact that we lose all DLC is bullshit.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Unfortunately, both paid and free DLC will not be transferred over in this process.

What the fuck.

Just make it all free, Capcom. Seriously. We shouldn't have to pay for you fucking up.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
So I got the arcade edition for free on PS Plus. Im curious whether or not I still need that version if I pay to upgrade.

Yes, because USF4 will just be treated as an DLC addon, that's how it worked with super to AE.

Unless you buy the full version of the game

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
DLC meaning costumes? If so, who cares. Playing on PC itself gives you access to hundreds of costumes.

Saikyo

Wait, it wasnt just the DLC with the GFWL shop version or it is steam version too?

Capcom always have to screw up something if it is indeed the 2 versions...

DLC meaning costumes? If so, who cares. Playing on PC itself gives you access to hundreds of costumes.
It's not a matter of caring about costumes or not, it's a matter of ripping us off something we paid for.

I'm wondering if it applies to both versions though. DLCs are registered on Steam for the Steam version of the game.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Uh. Guys. Do not fret. Basically do this. Copy the DLC and the costume folders and back them up somewhere. When you get the steam version and it resets everything, just copy them back into their specific places. It should work because that's how you mod costumes to begin with.

Saikyo

If the guy of steam enhanced is right, just the DLC bought on GWFL and not the ones on steam that will not be tranfered, so who bought everything on steam is safe I guess.

Shimesaba

Sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere, but in the Changelog, what does the "Ultra Combo W classification changed to 75% tier" on Honda and Makoto refer to? (My guess is percent of damage reduction for choosing to have both ultras - is there a listing of which characters are in which tiers?)

Top Bottom