• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

xCobalt

Sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere, but what in the Changelog, what does the "Ultra Combo W classification changed to 75% tier" on Honda and Makoto refer to? (My guess is percent of damage reduction for choosing to have both ultras - is there a listing of which characters are in which tiers?)

In the early versions, if Honda and Makoto chose Ultra Combo double, damage would be reduced to 60%

Here's how the original list classified the characters:
Ultra Combo Double

Allows characters the ability to use both Ultra simultaneously
Characters either do 75% damage or 60% damage of their normal Ultra damage
Character classified under the 60% damage are: Zangief, Cammy, Fei Long, T.Hawk, Makoto, Hakan, Dhalsim, Rose, Akuma, E.Honda, and Hugo
Characters classified under the 75% damage are: All remaining characters

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Don't know if old, but, for Xbox360, you can pre-order Ultra's DLC release next week here

Thanks for this.

It sucks, because I have a lot of Microsoft points/$ that I can use. I'd rather not spend real money on this, but I'd otherwise not get the pre-order costumes.

vg260

Thanks for this.

It sucks, because I have a lot of Microsoft points/$ that I can use. I'd rather not spend real money on this, but I'd otherwise not get the pre-order costumes.

Yup. Same here. Got credit that will expire, and I don't see what I'm going to spend it on not having an Xbox One.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Hmm. That's kind of tempting to get Super and get the upgrade. How's the community on PC compared to say, the PS3?

Barely slightly below to Just as good so far in my few days I played so far, which is funny because when AE first came out on PC people used to give it a lot of slack saying the playerbase was too easy/bad. Guess they leveled up and probably more people from XBL/PSN converted. As with SF4series on any system though there are still people with high PP that pretty trash that make you wonder how much boosting they did to get that high.

Shackzam

Wanna play pc AE?

I gotta fix something with my Windows Live account because for some reason I'm considered a child account and I can't accept anyone's friend request, but I would love to play some AE once I straighten this out. I'll message you when it's fixed.

vulva

I gotta fix something with my Windows Live account because for some reason I'm considered a child account and I can't accept anyone's friend request, but I would love to play some AE once I straighten this out. I'll message you when it's fixed.
Kk. I'll be home in an hour if you're looking to fix it tonight. If later then just message me whenever.

Wait I might not be able to play July 1. We'll see I guess!

To update on the PC transition: if you bought the DLC via Steam, you'll get the costumes in the new Steamworks edition.

If you bought the DLC via Games for Windows Live, however, then you're going to have to buy them again.

kirblar

To update on the PC transition: if you bought the DLC via Steam, you'll get the costumes in the new Steamworks edition.

If you bought the DLC via Games for Windows Live, however, then you're going to have to buy them again.
I'd recommend waiting until Ultra drops to see if there's some sort of bundle there if you're losing them in the transition.

LowParry

Barely slightly below to Just as good so far in my few days I played so far, which is funny because when AE first came out on PC people used to give it a lot of slack saying the playerbase was too easy/bad. Guess they leveled up and probably more people from XBL/PSN converted. As with SF4series on any system though there are still people with high PP that pretty trash that make you wonder how much boosting they did to get that high.

Heh. Well if the PC has a good amount of people playing, I may hop on board with the PC. I assumed with the game going Steamworks, better netcode in use with online play?

Dartastic

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";113586589]focus attack, stand fierce, ex ducking throw, get hit by pokes a lot[/QUOTE]
Tried this. Pokes lead to getting hurt bad. WTF this is bad advice GAF obviously doesn't know how to Dudley.

Also, my PSN and XBL handles are Dartastic. I'm going to be playing on PSN though, because that's the console I have right now. I lent my GF my 360 because she's catching up on uh, basically the last 7 years. I'm kinda jealous of her. Haha.

Shackzam

Kk. I'll be home in an hour if you're looking to fix it tonight. If later then just message me whenever.

Wait I might not be able to play July 1. We'll see I guess!

What's your steam or games of windows live account? I can't seem to find it in the OT

Tried this. Pokes lead to getting hurt bad. WTF this is bad advice GAF obviously doesn't know how to Dudley.

Also, my PSN and XBL handles are Dartastic. I'm going to be playing on PSN though, because that's the console I have right now. I lent my GF my 360 because she's catching up on uh, basically the last 7 years. I'm kinda jealous of her. Haha.

Use Dudley's Thunderbolt (Charge Down then Up) as a poke.

Degen

I have the disc version preordered but I don't think I wanna wait that long. Might as well just get both

based Hugo

FourMyle

So is it true that Juri and Sagat will be nerfed for the console version? I haven't been keeping attention since the "final" arcade changelog was released.

Tansut

Will the title screen, character select music and other aesthetics be changed for those who update from Super or AE? The AE update didn't do that so I'm wondering if this time will be different.

Onemic

Will the title screen, character select music and other aesthetics be changed for those who update from Super or AE? The AE update didn't do that so I'm wondering if this time will be different.

Character select music and title screen are different.

Top Bottom