• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

M3z_

I miss the Vanilla days, back when I could random select and feel good about it as long as it didn't land on Gen or Zangief.

4gamer showed off some USF4 wall scrolls featuring the work of the amazing artist Kinu Nishimura. Just Cammy and Chun-Li though.

http://www.4gamer.net/games/225/G022539/20140528013/

They are probably good avatar material for anyone who wants to mess around with them. Enjoy

G9fx1ya.jpg

vulva

Yes you can redeem your GFWL/retail code on Steam. Also, there's an unintended side effect of allowing GFWL/retail keys to be redeemed on Steam. If you check your "CD Key" in Steam game library page you'll notice that they give you a different key other than the one you redeemed. In other words, they give you a spare "Steam key." I gave my spare key (from Steam) to a friend and he was able to redeem the game on Steam.

ALL GFWL/retail keys work on Steam, including the ones that came from a Steam copy. Free SSF4 AE for everyone as long as you pass on your [spare] key.

If anyone bought it on Steam and can hook me up with their code I'd be super appreciative!

FSLink

Banned
Hm. Might have to main Rolento for that badass FF theme of his. Been watching tons of videos of USF4 Rolento and I did use him in SFxT when I briefly played that. Definitely giving him a try.

The Chun-Li wall scrolls are awesome.

Item Box

Not sure how I even ended up with AE on all three platforms, but I'll somehow end up buying this another three times, FML

xbl/gfwl: spamage
psn: zxsythe

Not sure how I even ended up with AE on all three platforms, but I'll somehow end up buying this another three times, FML

xbl/gfwl: spamage
psn: zxsythe

Beat this, I've bought all of this

SF4 PC
SSF4 AE PC(bought it twice, GFWL and Steam version)
SF4 PS3
SSF4 PS3
AE DLC PS3
SF4 360
SSF4 360(bought it twice, disc version stopped working)
AE DLC 360

Planning on getting USF4 DLC on PS3, 360, and PC. And I plan on getting at least one of the packaged versions just for the sake of having it. Now if any of you guys have all this and the Mobile and DS version then gat dayum, I bow to you.

FSLink

Banned
Beat this, I've bought all of this

SF4 PC
SSF4 AE PC(bought it twice, GFWL and Steam version)
SF4 PS3
SSF4 PS3
AE DLC PS3
SF4 360
SSF4 360(bought it twice, disc version stopped working)
AE DLC 360

Planning on getting USF4 DLC on PS3, 360, and PC. And I plan on getting at least one of the packaged versions just for the sake of having it. Now if any of you guys have all this and the Mobile and DS version then gat dayum, I bow to you.
I got:
SF4 PS3
SSF4 360 (x2) + AE DLC
SSF4 AE 360 + Digital
SSF4 AE 360 and xTekken from the SF Anniversary Set (I got the 360 one)
SSF4 AE PS3 + PS+ digital
SSF4 AE PC
SF4 iOS
SF4 Volt iOS
SSF4 3DS

And I gifted the games tons of times on Steam thanks to the 4 pack sales. >_>

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Are we playing "how many times did you get suckered into buying Street Fighter IV?" OK, I'm game:

SF4 PS3
SF4 360
SF4 PC
SF4 iOS
SF4 Volt iOS
SSF4 PS3
SSF4 360 (Japanese LE)
SSF4 360 (Digital)
SSF4 PC
SSF4 3D
SSF4 3D (Digital)
SSF4 AE PS3 (Upgrade)
SS44 AE 360 (Upgrade)
SSF4 AE PC (Upgrade)
Ultra SF4 PS3 (Upgrade)(Pre-Ordered)

Will also be getting Ultra on PC and will likely end up buying the PS3 retail Ultra in August because I'm crazy.

And if we're counting that other game:

SFxTK PS3
SFxTK 360 (LE)
SFxTK Vita
SFxTK Vita (Digital)
SFxTK iOS

@_@

stn

My hatred for Capcom's selling arrangements knows no bounds. So they make the 5 costumes as a pre-order incentive through Gamestop. Guess what? Gamestop only sells DLC in America!!! What are the rest of us XBL'ers supposed to do if we don't live in the US?

Basically, I can't get the costumes because I bought the digital upgrade way back.

Are we playing "how many times did you get suckered into buying Street Fighter IV?" OK, I'm game:

SF4 PS3
SF4 360
SF4 PC
SF4 iOS
SF4 Volt iOS
SSF4 PS3
SSF4 360 (Japanese LE)
SSF4 360 (Digital)
SSF4 PC
SSF4 3D
SSF4 3D (Digital)
SSF4 AE PS3 (Upgrade)
SS44 AE 360 (Upgrade)
SSF4 AE PC (Upgrade)
Ultra SF4 PS3 (Upgrade)(Pre-Ordered)

Will also be getting Ultra on PC and will likely end up buying the PS3 retail Ultra in August because I'm crazy.

And if we're counting that other game:

SFxTK PS3
SFxTK 360 (LE)
SFxTK Vita
SFxTK Vita (Digital)
SFxTK iOS

@_@
what, no arcade cab?

Owensboro

PSN: Owens-boro

Anyone else going to be trying a character type they have never played and want a training buddy to mercilessly beat on? I'm going to go from Dudley to Hugo and the growing pains are going to be awful, I'm sure.

SmokeMaxX

My hatred for Capcom's selling arrangements knows no bounds. So they make the 5 costumes as a pre-order incentive through Gamestop. Guess what? Gamestop only sells DLC in America!!! What are the rest of us XBL'ers supposed to do if we don't live in the US?

Basically, I can't get the costumes because I bought the digital upgrade way back.

Can you buy this online? I have a US address. I don't really want to drive to the store, but if they'll send me the upgrade code and DLC code, I can grab it for you from their website. No upcharge or anything; it'd be a straight $15 to you. Just PM me if you're interested. As far as feedback, I'm one of like three Platinum traders on Neogaf's Buy/Sell/Trade thread if you're worried that I'll try to scam you or something.

vg260

It was pretty much that or nothing since Microsoft doesn't have pre-orders on their digital store like Sony and Steam do. I give them credit for doing something at least.

Edit: Well, Amazon would have been nice, but it appears Gamestop is just selling it as $15 Microsoft credit+ the costume code, so it might not have been attractive to retailers for such a short term offering. Maybe Gamestop is the only one who would bite.

That would imply that Dan isn't likeable and doesn't have even an ounce of personality. We both know that's far from the truth.

"Better" is a funny way of saying "infinitely worse" these days.

I think he was talking about "Indestructible", wasn't he? That song was great, still listen to it when I run.

Item Box

I think this works well as a Dream Match type Character select theme for street fighter which this game pretty much is at this point

I like the one used in desk's video better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbr_gic1k1M

I suppose one is used for arcade and another for versus, just as super did

The OST has never been SF4's strong point. Other than a couple of tracks, they're all pretty weak, IMO.

Yep, this is probably the only song i've enjoyed from the game so far

let's face it, indestructible was also bad

Obscura

So what is the word on Hakan now after all of the balance changes?

He seems very strong. Can combo into slide from a cr.short, cr.strong is now special cancellable, n.jump MP causes juggle, non oiled 360's have better range, he can f.rh into knockdown unoiled and more. His only nerf comes from adding delayed wake up. His incredibly strong set up game won't be nearly as good but whatever. Look at those buffs.

He seems very strong. Can combo into slide from a cr.short, cr.strong is now special cancellable, n.jump MP causes juggle, non oiled 360's have better range, he can f.rh into knockdown unoiled and more. His only nerf comes from adding delayed wake up. His incredibly strong set up game won't be nearly as good but whatever. Look at those buffs.

music to my ears

So what are the odds of a PS4 announcement at E3? They have to, right? Otherwise there will be no Capcom FGs on current gen (excluding PC) for a while presumably.

I'd just be mad because then I'd have to buy another fight stick. Unless there's a 360-> PS3 -> PS4 workaround.

Or I'll just stick to PC. That works too.

So wait, does Red Focus absorb all the attacks before it releases?

Looking at Desk's Red Focus video, when Poison absorbs all of Chun's Ultra 2, it seems like her FA should've finished, but it just kept charging.

Also that new Beats beats beats beats beats beats beats beats beats in my head theme

cackhyena

Looking at Desk's Red Focus video, when Poison absorbs all of Chun's Ultra 2, it seems like her FA should've finished, but it just kept charging.

Also that new Beats beats beats beats beats beats beats beats beats in my head theme
Was wondering the same thing.

jlai

pretty sure level 3 focus absorbs hits all the way til the end, but you'd be interrupted and counterhit if you released on level 2. same mechanic happens for 1 hit absorbtion for AE2012 i think

Top Bottom