• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

mbpm1

Yeah, I goofed around with a couple characters I normally play and I don't notice drastic changes I thought would be in this. Didn't have much time, though. Lotta double hits added to moves. Guile has some nice little additions. Is Ryu's only major change his FB speed?

Ryu has a parry.
Air tatsu juggles like akuma's so you can do whatever after it

cackhyena

Ryu has a parry.
Air tatsu juggles like akuma's so you can do whatever after it

1766691434.png

Holy shit....it's like Capcom finally learned how to balance a game with this update. Congrats guys, you realized that you DON'T need to fuck with everyone. I was surprised to see characters with only one or two changes.

That Ex Backbreaker change for Hugo hurts me. That was how I escaped the corner for free. Oh well...he got some nice shit in return.

Edit: Though I should say the Condor Spire nerf is bullshit. Why fuck with that?
Condor Spire was so damn stupid. It needed to be toned down, but the new MP DP into RFC is just wow m8.
Capcom is full of shit with lots of its balance changes. They claim they're going to buff Dee-Jay, so they give him back what he already had and just make it unsafe. Rightttttt, like a -3 on low sobat PLUS invincibility to lows would make him so broken. Yes, he'd instantly go from worst character to high tier. Rightttttttt, just because of one less frame on block. Meanwhile, Yun is still safe on EX lunge but now he just can't mash jab after (oh, what a pity). Though with the inconsistency of this game I'll bet he'll still be able to mash jab, upkicks, and whatever else.
Who? Deejay? Nope never heard of him.

baby steps tho. they finally made him able to hit people attacking low after 4 years. Maybe in 2018 he'll start doing real damage. baby steps.
Afraid that the Elena lynx tail change is gonna be a nerf and a buff at the same time. It's nice that it'll be more consistent, but it also might take away a lot of its versatility as a pressure tool.

Guess we'll see pretty soon.
Ya, now that I think about it, they Deejayed her lynx tail. It sucking the opponent in is most definitely a nerf. Now it all depends on how much it sucks them in
I was thinking the same thing. It's a double edged sword tbh.

1. It'll combo more consistently on the whole cast which is a big buff because on certain characters it would whiff a lot. Even if you do the HK Lynx tail point blank on like T. Hawk you won't get all the hits in 1.03. Now you should get all the hits.

2. Much easier to punish because it sucks them in if they block. ouch.

I am playing Omega Decapre and people so desperate for wins in Endless they choosing the normal versions, lol i still learning Omega Decap...

RS4-

Not sure what Ryu's back+hp+hk does. After the parry though you can do ppp for some focus attack that pops them up, but I don't know if it causes float status though.

After 5 years of mashing the short cut to do a DP, they remove the input leniency in Omega mode. I'm not sure my scrubby side can handle this change.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
How does edition select work online? Assuming it's player match only and an option that the host toggles on or off?

Haven't even tried Omega mode yet, to busy checking the changes out, cross posting from FGW Thread

With Cody's recent buffs, expect to see a lot more zonk(or bingo punch, whatever you prefer) combos now. I did some testing and training mode and well, just look at the numbers lol.

Basic 3 Bar Punish
Neutral Jump HP-Towards MP-Close MP-Crouching HP-Level 3 Zonk-FADC-Crack Kick-EX Criminal Upper = 499 Damage, 812 Stun. Without Towards MP it does 501 Damage and 810 Stun

4 Bar Corner Combo
Counter Hit Close HP-EX Bad Stone-Close MP-Crouching HP-Level 3 Zonk-FADC-Crack Kick-EX Criminal Upper = 564 Damage, 962 Stun.

Character Specific 4 Bar Corner Combo
Counter Hit Close HP-EX Bad Stone-Close HP-Crouching HP(Character specific and insanely tight timing)-Level 3 Zonk-FADC-Crack Kick-EX Criminal Upper = 593 Damage, 1042 Stun. Note this works on Zangief and T-Hawk, yes, you can almost stun them with one combo!

Also found Level 3 Zonk in the corner can link with EX Criminal upper without FADC, although the timing is a little tricky. Can also FADC Level 3 Zonk into Ultra 1, but it is character specific and has tight timing, no numbers yet. Cody still has his weaknesses but the new combo capabilities and overall buffs to Zonk and EX Criminal Upper certainly help. Will return with more and some stuff on Blanka's changes.

For the few that want the Blanka changes...

Onemic

Condor Spire was so damn stupid. It needed to be toned down, but the new MP DP into RFC is just wow m8.

Who? Deejay? Nope never heard of him.

baby steps tho. they finally made him able to hit people attacking low after 4 years. Maybe in 2018 he'll start doing real damage. baby steps.

I was thinking the same thing. It's a double edged sword tbh.

1. It'll combo more consistently on the whole cast which is a big buff because on certain characters it would whiff a lot. Even if you do the HK Lynx tail point blank on like T. Hawk you won't get all the hits in 1.03. Now you should get all the hits.

2. Much easier to punish because it sucks them in if they block. ouch.

They didnt need to add it at all though because in the notes they said they expanded the hitbox on all versions of lynx tail. That alone should have been sufficient. The sucking in addition was just to nerf it.

I wonder how it will affect using lk lynx tail buffered with s.lk/c/lp in neutral. Depending on how bad it is, it might make it obsolete.

Whetever, if it doesnt work out, there's always omega mode. Is the patch out for PC?

They didnt need to add it at all though because in the notes they said they expanded the hitbox on all versions of lynx tail. That alone should have been sufficient. The sucking in addition was just to nerf it.

I wonder how it will affect using lk lynx tail buffered with s.lk/c/lp in neutral. Depending on how bad it is, it might make it obsolete.

Whetever, if it doesnt work out, there's always omega mode. Is the patch out for PC?

I understand what you're saying. I feel it makes it a more solid attack but the way it was before definitely was a bit wonky.

I'll test it later

Exr

Really? No included movelist for omega...?
Omg Vegas crouching lp to mp isn't one frame anymore bless Onos heart

Oh my god, that gen infinite is hilarious haha. How did that not get found in testing

My biggest fear is that there will be a lot of these assholes who come in to play Gen for one match and then take off as soon as it's over because they know they're going to get kicked. Like anybody wants to deal with there troll job for a few laughs. This is one instance where I hope people start writing peoples names down and banning there asses from there rooms for doing something like this multiple times.

My biggest fear is that there will be a lot of these assholes who come in to play Gen for one match and then take off as soon as it's over because they know they're going to get kicked. Like anybody wants to deal with there troll job for a few laughs. This is one instance where I hope people start writing peoples names down and banning there asses from there rooms for doing something like this multiple times.

That's exactly what happened on Art's stream. I would hope they patch that out soon

Onemic

Its official, this is by far the worst version of PC netcode theyve ever released. Im not even gonna bother playing it on PC anymore till it's fixed. PSN is leagues better at this point.

Long post but I have to do this. At first I was worried they were messing with Blanka's Crouching Mk, now I'm worried in the opposite fashion, its too good. Consider this a warning of what to expect from competent Blanka players (there aren't many of us).

Crouching Mk was changed to now have less pushback, changed from 5 to 4 frame startup, and the advantage on hit was changed from +5 to +4, what does this mean? His Cr mk is now as fast as his Cr. lk, making it much more useful in footsies. Cr. Mk is now the preferred button for crouch teching and getting his offense going. Cr. Mk to Ultra is back to being a 1 frame link, no big deal, not the hardest link if you have been playing for a while. The reduced pushback opens up new combo capabilities, such as Cr. mk to electricity. It also opens up some, well, nonsense. Lets get started.

Cr. Mk-Cr.mk is still possible, its a 1 frame link and will be the go to for Blanka from now on. However here is some of the nonsense that is capable with this buff. Note, J HK refers to jump towards, and will the one used in the combos I describe.

Cr. Mk-Cr. Mk-Far S. Lp-Hp Ball (Character Specific)
Charged Overhead-Cr. Mk-Hp Ball = 264 Damage, 360 Stun
J HK-Cr. Mk-Cr. Mk-Cr. Mk-Hp Ball = 363 Damage, 570 Stun

Seems good, what about Red Focus? Well
J HK-Cr. Mk-Cr. Mk-HK Up Ball-RFC-Cr. Mk-Cr. Mk-Hp Ball =440 Damage, 645 Stun
J HK-Cr. Mk-Cr. Mk-HK Up Ball-RFC-Cr. Mk-Ultra 1 = 492 Damage
J HK-Cr. Mk-Cr. Mk-HK Up Ball-RFC- Ultra 2 = 520 Damage

Oh yeah, there's also some character specific stuff with this:

J HK-Cr. Mk-Cr. Mk-Cr. Mk-HK Up Ball-RFC-Cr. Mk-Cr. MK-Hp Ball =441 Damage, 680 Stun
J HK-Cr. Mk-Cr. Mk-Cr. Mk-HK Up Ball-RFC-Cr. Mk-Ultra 1 =458 Damage
J HK-Cr. Mk-Cr. Mk-Cr. Mk-HK Up Ball-RFC-Ultra 2 =496 Damage

Wow seems really good right? I'm not even to the scary part. In Ultra, Blanka had a bug that made moves cancelled into hop far less unsafe, its unsafe on its own, but it became piss poor for one of his gimmicks. Although not listed, this bug appears to have been fixed, and due to this, along with the Cr. Mk buff, Blanka is now even scarier mixing up people and going for resets.

J HK-Cr. Mk-Cr. Mk-Hop = Places Blanka behind you, not completely safe.
J HK-Cr. Mk-Cr. Mk-Cr. Mk-Hop = puts Blanka in front of you, not completely safe.
J HK-Cr. Mk-Cr. Mk-Far S. Lp-Hop = Depending on where the J HK hits, this is incredibly ambiguous, also not completely safe.

From these, Blanka can go for a variety of mixups, go into throw, electricity, or a combo. For example, a Blanka with good execution, if they land a Counter hit Cr. Mk after the reset, will be able to store enough charge to hit you with another Cr. Mk into Ultra 1, this combo does 506 Damage + whatever they did before the reset. I haven't even tested what is now capable on counter hit.

Edit: wanted to add, Cr. Lk links into Cr. Mk as well, all his BnB's are better now

Guys, I'm sorry...

mbpm1

I knew the cr. mk buff for blanka was good.

Less pushback and less startup? You could already do good with the previous one too.

Top Bottom