• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

ShinMaruku

Finally got around to Juri's omega changes, Her new super is amusing. I wonder if it allows me to put it in more combos. The change to her fireballs is something funny. Depending on direction you press after releasing she changes it into a kick. I think 6+HK release makes her kick them into the air.

cackhyena

I was just farting around with Ryu on Cody in training. I don't know why I just started mashing cr jab, but I did and noticed there seemed to be very little push back. I hit cr jab five times> cr fierce> ex hadoken> Ultra 1/ex DP. I went back into Ultra mode and it's definitely changed. I can only hit cr jab 4 times and even then it's hard to connect cr fierce.

Screwing around with Dudley now and hitting anything after ex machine gun blow lands your opponent too far away from you. Ex ducking has them not pop up in the air like they used to. Funky.

mbpm1

I was just farting around with Ryu on Cody in training. I don't know why I just started mashing cr jab, but I did and noticed there seemed to be very little push back. I hit cr jab five times> cr fierce> ex hadoken> Ultra 1/ex DP. I went back into Ultra mode and it's definitely changed. I can only hit cr jab 4 times and even then it's hard to connect cr fierce.

Yep

I knew the cr. mk buff for blanka was good.

Less pushback and less startup? You could already do good with the previous one too.

yeah, I'm all for buffs, but this is too much.

Also I forgot to add it in my original post but Cr. Lk can now link into Cr. Mk. So all his BnB's got better as well.

Condor Spire was so damn stupid. It needed to be toned down, but the new MP DP into RFC is just wow m8.

I was thinking the same thing. It's a double edged sword tbh.

1. It'll combo more consistently on the whole cast which is a big buff because on certain characters it would whiff a lot. Even if you do the HK Lynx tail point blank on like T. Hawk you won't get all the hits in 1.03. Now you should get all the hits.

2. Much easier to punish because it sucks them in if they block. ouch.
Nah breh, that's just your T.Hawk salt talking.

As for Elena, I'd consider it overall as a buff, at least for me. It was rare I'd use mk or hk version during block strings. And now I can use the hk version during combos and not look like a goddamn fool.

And that rhino horn buff could be useful.
Figures. But for the most part, you won't be using MP DP for that second it. it's for the first hit into Red Focus Crumple or regular FADC anyway.
Yeah I get that, but mp tomahawk was my go to during jump in or cross up combos because hp version would whiff for some reason on certain characters. I guess I'll take the risk with hp or I'll sacrifice the damage and use lp.

Meh.
It's really not meant as an anti-air primarily anymore.
No. That's just stupid and poor design.

Nuklear

Banned
I'd just like to say Kudos to Capcom regarding Omega mode. It's very fun and most of the combo's are pretty easy to do which is nice because my 40 year old scrub ass needs something like this.

Finally figured out the big change to Yun's LP shoulder. Beside having less range and doing less damage, the main thing is that you can link more normals to extend the combo. I couldn't link far MP, but far LK worked and seemed pretty easy so I'm going to guess the shoulder is +4 on hit. So he can fish for confirms with his usual far MP > shoulder and finish with far LK > HK up kicks for 252 damage. There are character specific combos and you may have to use LP lunge instead because HK upkicks will whiff on shoto's most of the time.

Still it's a pretty cool new change. They basically took the idea of Yun always using that hit confirm into super and red focus and gave him a free way to extend combos all the time now.

PC online is still pitiful. Looks like they did nothing to it.

I just played about 6 matches on PC, my first matches in 2 months. Yeah, time to renew that Xbox Live subscription. But before then, does anybody want to play with me using Omega or anybody from Edition Select?

Sajjaja

Any PC players have a hookup to Russian Steam? I want to upgrade to Ultra SF4.

I was watching my buddies play online and it made me want to play.

Imm0rt4l

I've been playing for over an hour without the game freezing at the loading screen.

I had this thing where any time my opponent selected adon my game would freeze at the vs screen. Today was the first time I've fought adon in months...but there's no sound from his mouth, no yells or anything.

Kain

I don't get Omega Vega. The divekick is useless, the ST is okeysh and, OK, the new RCF EX is great but... that's it? I've been fooling around with Ken and it's a blast, what am I missing with Claw?

Maybe the charging times are shorter? I think some 1f links are no longer 1f, but I'm not sure.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Why wouldnt it be? It's clearly not meant to be in the game

Well its in the game. So..i guess it was. Omega was meant for funsies so i wouldnt hold my breath for any balance changes. I think it will be held in the same regard as edition select in the long run.

vg260

Well its in the game. So..i guess it was. Omega was meant for funsies so i wouldnt hold my breath for any balance changes. I think it will be held in the same regard as edition select in the long run.

This is something that's just completely broken to the point of being absurd. I can't fathom them thinking this was ok, even for this mode.

Nah breh, that's just your T.Hawk salt talking.

As for Elena, I'd consider it overall as a buff, at least for me. It was rare I'd use mk or hk version during block strings. And now I can use the hk version during combos and not look like a goddamn fool.

And that rhino horn buff could be useful.

Yeah I get that, but mp tomahawk was my go to during jump in or cross up combos because hp version would whiff for some reason on certain characters. I guess I'll take the risk with hp or I'll sacrifice the damage and use lp.

Meh.

No. That's just stupid and poor design.
I'm not salty cause I beat most Hawks anyway lol. Just saying the Gun that they gave him was stupid.

Elena's Rhino Horn buff is really good. More like the way it always should've been tbh.

Also Omega Deejay has a command overhead. It's like all the buffs we wanted just got thrown into Omega mode and then they called it a day.

Imm0rt4l

Well considering that capcom seemed to go through some length to balance omega mode, I'm inclined to think they'd definitely patch this. ono wants a omega tourney at evo.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
This is something that's just completely broken to the point of being absurd. I can't fathom them thinking this was ok, even for this mode.

Well considering that capcom seemed to go through some length to balance omega mode, I'm inclined to think they'd definitely patch this. ono wants a omega tourney at evo.

Well to be fair. They did a decent job updating the game so far. Maybe they will address it.

Top Bottom