• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Un?)Official NeoGAF Madden League Rookie Draft Thread

Rorschach

2igloac.jpg

The time is almost upon us for our first rookie draft. It will take place on SUNDAY AT 6PM PACIFIC. Don't forget about DST!​

256qjrq.jpg

• [TRADING BLOCK THREAD] - Get those last minute trades in!
  • [LIST OF PICKS TRADED] - Click here to remind yourself who you're coughing up!
  • [AIM CHAT] - There will be an AIM Chat that. Invites will be sent at around 5:20 PST. If you want to be invited, post your name here. I was going to start an IRC chat, but everyone already has AIM and some people can't use IRC.
  • [FAQ]
    • Q: How much time do I have to draft?
      A: 60 seconds. CPU picks take 3 seconds.
    • Q: How long will this take?
      A: it depends on how many people show up. It will take at least 2 hours if half of us show up for the full 7 rounds.
    • Q: Should I cut players from my roster to make room in advance?
      A: No. It will cut 7 players regardless. Make a list of the bottom of your roster if you don't want to lose anyone. You can also just copy/paste your roster or take a screenshot from the website.
    • Q: What if the douche I traded with doesn't show up?
      A: Tell him who you want so he sets his draft board before hand.
    • Q:How do you set your draft board?
      A: Go to draft board in the "Player Management" section of the menu. Scroll to the player of your choice. Press A. Set the ranking.
    • Q: Can I draft and chat from the website?
      A: Yes, you can, but the chat only allows to view two messages. You can make your picks from the website if you so choose. Personally, I would show up on the console just in case.

qsw8yp.jpg

LiveWire

Rors that might be the funniest thing I've seen all year. BRA-FUCKING-VO! :lol

Oh and for AIM chat, my nick is Atreides815.

TheCrow

I want in the AIM chat. AIM Nick - GAFTheCrow

I am going to be so pissed if nightz draft preferences fucks me over in the 2nd round. :lol

BTW Rors- Great job with the banner. Can't be said enough. :lol

Somnia

So thinking back to it I think I forgot to hit save on my draft order. Fucking computer Is gonna screw me I know it :lol

TheCrow

We should pick players ourselves and just announce it in the thread. Shouldn't be that hard to keep up with. :lol

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
It would be nice to get through the 1st 2 rounds, where the good players are available, after that, it gets boring I think.

Nightz

:lol at the banner.

AIM - iijzflipii

TheCrow said:
I want in the AIM chat. AIM Nick - GAFTheCrow

I am going to be so pissed if nightz draft preferences fucks me over in the 2nd round. :lol

BTW Rors- Great job with the banner. Can't be said enough. :lol
Don't worry, after the first 5 slots, the next 32 slots are yours. :p I'll most likely be there though.

Rorschach

DMczaf said:
Eeyore looks more depressed than usual holding that Niners jersey
He's got a tear coming out, but got lost in the shrink. And it's not the Niners...it's ambiguous. Could be any team... ...with those colors....

m9unur.jpg

Keep the AIM names coming!

TheCrow

Nightz said:
Don't worry, after the first 5 slots, the next 32 slots are yours. :p I'll most likely be there though.

I still have a feeling EA is going to find a way to mishandle draft boards for someone.

Striker

TheCrow said:
I still have a feeling EA is going to find a way to mishandle draft boards for someone.
I pick in the top ten, and I will be home around 9:05 or 9:10. I may miss my pick, but I do have my draft board ranked just in case. I set my top five to players I know will be there no matter what since, 1) I pick early, and 2) I didn't choose positions I know I do not need.

EA just better not disregard my draft board and choose a fucking QB or FB.

I'll be home early in the 9:00 pm EST time, and I will participate in the AIM chat. My screenname is Toth029.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
AIM name is adoubledg

Lonestar

Meant to say this, but this is directed to DM and Rorschach. In the 5 round, I owe both of you guys a pick. You've got mine at #19 and Denver's (Crow) #7 pick. You guys, if you care, can decide which one you want to have.

So, when are we going to start to discuss the whole "who is picking for who" when it comes to the draft trades we have?

Lonestar

1. I was surprised I got a reply from BOTH parties that quickly.
2. Does DM posting first get the pick?
C. Better to flip for it or something?
P. =Profit

Rorschach

Sweet, I'll talk to you about the 5th when we get to it, Lone. Private chat if we have to!

DM is a sneaky bitch.

DMczaf

(9:08:35 PM) hawakubo: sweet
(9:08:40 PM) hawakubo: crow isn't going to be there
(9:08:42 PM) hawakubo: ahahahaha
(9:08:47 PM) dmczafx23: what!
(9:08:49 PM) hawakubo: #19 is the better pick

smashedcomputer_2.jpg

Lonestar

Crow better be there, I have other picks from him. But, not until the 4th round...Hmmm.

I really just need Houston, Tennessee, Jacksonville, and Baltimore to be around. That's key for me, or else I'd have sold off half the team for a couple Fullbacks that aren't named Mike Alstott.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AuuGLySv1GfCdDdOQkVWRDN5MEo5dzhqWVVJVVMyWlE&hl=en

I hade made this up at work during the week. It's to help myself keep up with the insanity of my what picks I'm responsible for. I think I've got the most involved draft tomorrow. Maybe others should do something like this.

TheCrow

bluemax said:
Considering my whole draft hinges on who I get with Crow's first pick he damn well better be there.

At least you don't have to rely on Bob. :(

Oh fuck. I have no idea if he will even be there. Quick, someone trade 1st rounders with me.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Striker said:
I owe CB a 5th rounder in the Kamerion Wimbley/Gocong/Harris trade -- unless FMT rejected that. ';'

nah he approved. its the man trying to hold us down

Fifty

Less than 5 hours to go! I'm excited to give all my attention to my first round pick. He's going to live like a king! I'm also excited to give Lonestar a 2nd, CB a 3rd, and most notably, DM a 6th

Hopefully when the schedule is made, after the draft, I get someone in W1 who is around tonight and we can get it at like horny teenagers.

FMT has said to me that we'll likely have a longer week 1 deadline. It makes sense to do that, because of all the trades that need to be sorted out, dropped players that need to be picked up, and late round draft picks that need to be cut.

Nevertheless, since that stuff can't take anyone more than 30 minutes, that's no excuse for this first week to take a ridiculously long time.

Top Bottom