• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Un?)Official NeoGAF Madden League Rookie Draft Thread

BigAT

So many picks owed to other teams. How many teams actually aren't owed a pick and don't owe one to another team? I know I'm one of the few.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
BigAT said:
So many picks owed to other teams. How many teams actually aren't owed a pick and don't owe one to another team? I know I'm one of the few.

I have nothing done with anyone.

Everyone should owe me for using the Chiefs, I accept small paypal donations.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I believe I only have 2 of my 7 picks that are my own. I owe #2, 3, 4, 5, and 7 to other people. I even have to somehow coordinate 2 people's picks, that were given to me, and now belong to someone else (Bigjonsson's 4th rounder to Crow, and I believe Crow's 5th rounder to DM).

BigAT

It's kind of a relief to be honest, I can go into the draft not having to worry about making picks for anyone but myself or (god forbid) relying on someone else to make picks for me.

Fifty

Matrix said:
I have nothing done with anyone.

Everyone should owe me for using the Chiefs, I accept small paypal donations.

A free 2nd round pick! What a nice reward for your self-pity :lol

I'll take it if you don't want it.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Wait how did I get that pick? :lol

Fifty

Tony Gonzalez trade! You can thank FMT for (stupid, but greatly beneficial to him) using real-life draft pick trades.

Plus you'll see as you read that important post that you owe the Dolphins a 7th rounder. There goes any hope of improving your roster. That 7th rounder was your last best hope.

Matrix

Fifty said:
Tony Gonzalez trade! You can thank FMT for (stupid, but greatly beneficial to him) using real-life draft pick trades.

Plus you'll see as you read that important post that you owe the Dolphins a 7th rounder. There goes any hope of improving your roster. That 7th rounder was your last best hope.

:lol

Well wtf DCX has never mentioned owing me a 2nd rounder and pheeniks has never mentioned me needing to pick for him in the 7th.

I haven't kept up with all this trading picks and I don't think everyone else has as well, too much shit is going on. I was paying too much attention to the FA draft.

Matrix

ph33nix said:
I just realized I have an 7th rounder....JOY :lol

Malley owes you it, speak to him.

TheCrow

Mrbob said:
First round picks are overrated.

I'm taking the night off until the 2nd round. :D

WAT

You can't do a fellow bears
pseudo
fan like this.

Good Guys Wear Black :p

Lonestar

DM/Ror, could be a problem with that 5th round situation.

So, My #19 is going somewhere. The other pick is from Denver (#7).

But, see, he has something similar. He's got his pick (#7) as well as Dallas's pick (whatever that is). He also owes that same round to Detriot. So, Crow has to decided which of his and Dallas's to give to Detroit and "me". And whichever one goes to me, goes to 1 of you 2. So, it could be a #7 in the 5th round or whatever Dallas is (in the 5th round).

Rorschach

Fuck I just found out I may have to leave at 8. Hopefully I can make it there and back before my pick that round!

Lonestar said:

But, see, he has something similar. He's got his pick (#7) as well as Dallas's pick (whatever that is). He also owes that same round to Detriot. So, Crow has to decided which of his and Dallas's to give to Detroit and "me". And whichever one goes to me, goes to 1 of you 2. So, it could be a #7 in the 5th round or whatever Dallas is (in the 5th round).
Notmyproblem since I have yours. :3

LiveWire

Lonestar said:

I would suggest whatever the first trade was takes preference (i.e., if it was a Patriots real-life NFL trade)...so, if the 7th pick in the 5th round is the pick you got due to your win/loss record, give that to the team with the original trade, and the other 5th rounder goes to whatever team you made a new deal with....

Striker

I'm going back to work, but I'll leave my computer on this page so as soon I walk in, I'll be right there to make my pick -- if it hasn't already. :(

My Top Five Draft Board is set, and HOPEFULLY EA doesn't fuck it up and pick some FB. :|

As far as picks I owe to others, just one, and it's one to CB in the 5th. No sweat!

Lonestar

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AuuGLySv1GfCdDVJZkJZeW1ibW5CVlNZM2ZUX3c4c1E&hl=en

Made that just now, see if it looks ok.

I know the 2 5th rounders I have to give, were Real Life ones, and the Denver to New England one (That I'm sending to Raiders/TB) is also a real life one. I don't know if the 5th rounder that Dallas is sending to Denver is real life, and I don't know if Denver's to Detroit is real life.

As I see it, there is:

New England -> Oakland
Denver -> Detroit
Dallas -> Denver -> New England -> Tampa Bay.

TheCrow

Lonestar said:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AuuGLySv1GfCdDVJZkJZeW1ibW5CVlNZM2ZUX3c4c1E&hl=en

I know the 2 5th rounders I have to give, were Real Life ones, and the Denver to New England one (That I'm sending to Raiders/TB) is also a real life one. I don't know if the 5th rounder that Dallas is sending to Denver is real life, and I don't know if Denver's to Detroit is real life.

As I see it, there is:

New England -> Oakland
Denver -> Detroit

I am pretty sure both of them were real life NFL trades

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lonestar said:

As I see it, there is:

New England -> Oakland
Denver -> Detroit

Lone

LJ gets my fourth rounder.

DCX

DCX
Matrix said:
:lol

Well wtf DCX has never mentioned owing me a 2nd rounder and pheeniks has never mentioned me needing to pick for him in the 7th.

I haven't kept up with all this trading picks and I don't think everyone else has as well, too much shit is going on. I was paying too much attention to the FA draft.
i did mention somewhere in the thread . I think when i traded Turner to get a second round pick i mentioned it was key for me since i don't own my second rounder it goes to the Chiefs :p

DCX

Lonestar

Wellington said:
Lone

LJ gets my fourth rounder.

Ror changed that after I started. So you are giving him a 1, 3 and 4?

I changed it to that, keep any other changes coming, hoping this can help on the upcoming mess

Lonestar

Anyone hear from Airbrian or Birdman? Seeing those 2 2nd round picks, I want them to be something other than FB's :p

LukeSmith

Lonestar said:
Anyone hear from Airbrian or Birdman? Seeing those 2 2nd round picks, I want them to be something other than FB's :p

I talked to Birdman this morning, he plans on being around for the draft.

on my way home now fellas!

i dedicate this draft in honor of nate clements' broken shoulder blade because mike singletary put him on punt returns since he (for some reason) cut allan rossum and arnaz battle cost us the game last week with a muffed punt.

this draft is for YOU, $80 million dollar punt returner!

Rorschach

Chat is going up early. If you haven't signed up, post your name or PM me or aim me or something.

There are only three rules for the chat:

-No halo fans.
-No 9er fans.
-No Broncos fans

[edit] Wait, nm. Going up in 10!

AirBrian

Lonestar said:
So you tell me what to pick? How is this going to work?

EDIT: AIM is airbrian14 for those who don't have it already.

Somnia

Wish I could be there with you guys! Rors or someone could you post who I get in the draft? I'm gonna check back in this thread here and there.

Lonestar

Yep, when it gets to about your pick, I will let you know who to pick, and that's the basic premise for everyone that has a pick belonging to someone else.

Nightz

Woo, didn't think I would make it home on time, but I made it with plenty of time to spare. :D

Now Luke and Crow won't have to worry about their draft picks. :p

TheCrow

AirBrian said:
Pseudo Bears fan? Please explain. Also, welcome, pseudo friend!

Well, since I have lived in Chicago pretty much my entire life I have to put up with watching and hearing about the bears. I like the team but I don't really root for them. I don't like Lovie
Ron Rivera ftw
and feel that they need to run the ball more and do less screen passes. They have Cutler now, no more Orton(who I liked).

AirBrian

TheCrow said:
Well, since I have lived in Chicago pretty much my entire life I have to put up with watching and hearing about the bears. I like the team but I don't really root for them. I don't like Lovie
Ron Rivera ftw
and feel that they need to run the ball more and do less screen passes. They have Cutler now, no more Orton(who I liked).
Ah, so what team is your team?

BigAT

I think it's just because you can't sign FAs at this point of progression, only after the draft. The only one that gets the correct message is FMT though. EA can't even tell people the correct reason why their shit is broken.

Birdman02

Lonestar said:

I'm here now, so when the time comes just let me know who you want with that 2nd round pick.

AIM - b1rdman02 (that's a 1, not an i)

Lonestar

Birdman02 said:
I'm here now, so when the time comes just let me know who you want with that 2nd round pick.

AIM - b1rdman02 (that's a 1, not an i)

Log on now!

Matrix

I'm on aim, wtf is this chat

Top Bottom