• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Un?)Official NeoGAF Madden League Rookie Draft Thread

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Matrix and I changed our earlier deal a bit. I now still have my own #22 pick in the 2nd round, and he now has my RG Stephen Neal 84 rated.

So, Ror and CK, you still gotta do what Mister Matrix tells you to do.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I am when it counts Boobs! I don't live on it like you.

Ck is going to do something evil with my pick cause of the whole LJ thing, just watch!

And I have to pick for Nightz in the 3rd.

This is so not fun and I have a head cold :(

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Mrbob said:
I'm surprised your shitty mac has the power to boot up aim. :p

Nothing wrong with using a mac mini :(

Lonestar

Hey, you could end up with the next Timmy Triumph, you never know. Total mistake on BJ's part in picking him, and I probably missed out on a so so CB that might mature in a year or 2. Instead, I got a Situational QB that gave me 17 TD's versus 1 turnover (fumble). Diamond in the Rough. Just remember what I told you about in PM ;P

Steelers get:
Mathis CB 88

Jags get:
William Gay 80 CB
2nd rd pick

Let me know if it's approved. Neither Ram or I will be home until right when the draft starts. Would you mind letting Wellie know (or posting in the thread) if it's approved, so the draft board can be updated?

Thanks!

approved!

Lonestar

Rookie (NOT FA!) Draft Order

Round 1

1. Chiefs
2. Titans.
3. Browns
4. Saints (From Redskins)
5. Chiefs (From Jets)
6. Vikings
7. Seahawks
8. Lions
9. Dolphins
10 Falcons ( From Bengals )
11. Panthers
12. Rams
13. Texans
14. Cowboys
15. Bengals ( From Falcons )
16. Saints
17. Niners
18. Jaguars
19 Ravens
20 Raiders
21 Cardinals
22 Giants (From Pats)
23 Steelers
24 Packers
25 Ravens (From Bears)
26 Colts
27 Packers (From Chargers)
28 Bucs
29 Giants
30 Bills
31 Eagles
32 Broncos

Round 2

1. Chiefs
2. Titans
3. Cowboys (From Browns)
4. Falcons ( From Redskins )
5. Jets
6. Browns (From Vikings)
7. Seahawks
8. Lions
9. Packers ( From Dolphins )
10 Falcons ( From Bengals )
11. Panthers
12. Rams
13. Texans
14. Cowboys
15. Redskins (From Falcons)
16. Packers ( From Saints )
17. Niners
18. Broncos (From Jags)
19 Ravens
20 Texans (From Raiders via Patriots )
21 Cardinals
22 Pats (from Texans From Pats!)
23 Jaguars (from Steelers)
24 Packers
25 Bears
26 Colts
27 Chargers
28 Bucs
29 Texans (From Giants via Patriots )
30 Chiefs (From Bills)
31 Eagles
32 Broncos

Round 3

1. Chiefs
2. Titans
3. Browns
4. Redskins
5. Jets
6. Vikings
7. Seahawks
8. Lions
9. Giants (From Dolphins)
10 Bengals
11. Panthers
12. Rams
13. Bengals ( From Houston through ATL )
14. Cowboys
15. Redskins ( From Falcons )
16. Saints
17. Niners
18. Jaguars
19 Ravens
20 Raiders
21 Cardinals
22 Panthers ( From Patriots )
23 Steelers
24 Packers
25 Bears
26 Colts
27 Chargers
28 Bucs
29 Giants
30 Falcons ( From Bills )
31 Eagles
32 Broncos

Rors send me the invite again when I log back on in around an hour. Wife is getting home soon from her 12 hour day at work. I figure that I better at least get dinner ready and eat with her. :D

LukeSmith

storybook77 said:
Rors send me the invite again when I log back on in around an hour. Wife is getting home soon from her 12 hour day at work. I figure that I better at least get dinner ready and eat with her. :D

Uh she's home, shouldn't she do that? :lol

Rorschach

storybook77 said:
Roger that, homeslice.

Matrix

When does the aim chat start?

Matrix

Well I'm on fucking aim :lol Someone send me an invite to the chat or something

also, for all you draft pick trade lovers out there, when something inevitably goes south (someone doesn't pick who you want or accidentally picks someone you didn't want) i dont want to be blamed for approving any of your trades! it's up to you guys to pull this stuff off!

god how hard would it be for EA to just let us trade the freaking picks?

Matrix

Yea since I haven't seen CK I won't be pissed if he doesn't pick something I need since this trade with Lone went down so late. I won't put any blame on anyone but EA for making this so annoying.

But I would like into the chat!

bluemax

Banned
Rorschach said:
Bluemax/Denog: it says you can't chat with your clients...
Naturally. Well I hope I can ge on the draft website. If not the I'm negating any trade offers as there would be no way for me to pick for anyone else.

The iPhone app has jackshit for the draft.

Striker

Steelers acquired Rashean Mathis?

So Steelers get a great CB, & Ravens got Tony G plus boosts from the all-stars last year.

Going to be even harder to compete. :(

also, peterboy and other top pickers and actually everyone, PLEASE SET YOUR DRAFT CHART EVEN IF YOU PLAN ON BEING THERE!

i would hate to see a guard or tackle be drafted #1 before we can figure out what the H is going on like last year. set your draft chart with your top guys and once the draft starts we can get things in order if something seems fishy.

you have been warned! ALL OF YOU!

BigAT

Also a reminder, you might want to copy your rosters since Madden will be automatically cutting some players.

daw840

storybook77 said:

LOL. Your a lot nicer to your nurse wife than I am to my nurse wife. HAHAHAHA. She is getting home in about 45 minutes and I will be in the computer room drinking beer and drafting for Madden. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

daw840 said:
LOL. Your a lot nicer to your nurse wife than I am to my nurse wife. HAHAHAHA. She is getting home in about 45 minutes and I will be in the computer room drinking beer and drafting for Madden. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Well I've been watching football every night for the past 5 or 6 nights. :lol

...and tomorrow

Striker

FrenchMovieTheme said:
also, peterboy and other top pickers and actually everyone, PLEASE SET YOUR DRAFT CHART EVEN IF YOU PLAN ON BEING THERE!

i would hate to see a guard or tackle be drafted #1 before we can figure out what the H is going on like last year. set your draft chart with your top guys and once the draft starts we can get things in order if something seems fishy.

you have been warned! ALL OF YOU!
I set three people in my preset board. So I'll get one guy no matter what (I hope, unless EA fucks me over).

Time to go back to work, get my guy, Browns CPU! :(

daw840

storybook77 said:
Well I've been watching football every night for the past 5 or 6 nights. :lol

...and tomorrow

But c'mon. They ONLY WORK FOR 3 DAYS!!!!!1!!! I would KILL someone to only work 3 12 hour shifts.

But I would not clean poop, and apparently that's in the job description to be a nurse

Fifty

Just got home.. I ended up with 2 76 rated OLB's in the first. Not too shabby. They were my 11th and 12th preranked picks, and I got them 19th and 25th. Neither pick is a star, but both of them can help me improve at a position at which I'm less than stellar...especially next year when Ray retires.

Fifty

I know the draft is fun and all, but come on, it's the 5th round. these guys are not going to play for you! 60 seconds of fun for a 60 rated player!

Fifty said:
I know the draft is fun and all, but come on, it's the 5th round. these guys are not going to play for you! 60 seconds of fun for a 60 rated player!

maybe not for you! :(

i legitimately just drafted a CB who will see significant time for me

Fifty

We're getting into the "Chiefs Rounds", #6 and #7, where every player drafted could legitimately start for the Chiefs.

daw840 said:
But c'mon. They ONLY WORK FOR 3 DAYS!!!!!1!!! I would KILL someone to only work 3 12 hour shifts.

But I would not clean poop, and apparently that's in the job description to be a nurse

Amongst other gross and nasty things, which I get to hear all about over dinner.

Top Bottom