• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
FFObsessed said:
More IGN editors way in with their opinion on Uncharted 2.

IGN: Group Session: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Some minor location/intro spoilers.

The lovefest for this game is pretty amazing. I mean I knew it was going to be good based on what ND did with Uncharted 1, but all this praise seems to be more than "console exclusive hype" or GTA IV style overblown hype. It's genuine I think.

The only thing left is for me to play the damn thing. And I agree with what Amirox said about puzzles, I would like to see more of that also. If any developer can figure how to make an exciting game based on more puzzles/platforming and less gunplay, it's ND.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Dax01 said:
:lol Have you even played the game?

No. I said that all the perfect scores beg to disagree, not that I beg to disagree. But I have a feeling that I will disagree. I love the gameplay of the first game (even though the "arena battles" are a bit too frequent), and I don't want them to completely change things up. It sounds like everything has been improved by a lot (that the controls and shooting mechanics have been improved is already evident from playing the MP demo), and that's exactly what I want from the sequel to the best PS3 game so far. I don't want something completely different.

Violater said:
I'm finding people are quickly gravitating towards regular tdm, I really wish there was a way ti filter the game types.

There's supposed to be much more filtering options in the full game, isnt't there? Or are they going to patch that in? I know they said it will be coming (along with punishment for dropping out of games, etc), either way.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Man, I wish the Gainesville area broke streetdates. :(

Going to have to pick mine up on Wednesday, most likely. *sigh*

RoadHazard said:
No. I said that all the perfect scores beg to disagree, not that I beg to disagree. But I have a feeling that I will disagree. I love the gameplay of the first game (even though the "arena battles" are a bit too frequent), and I don't want them to completely change things up. It sounds like everything has been improved by a lot (that the controls and shooting mechanics have been improved is already evident from playing the MP demo), and that's exactly what I want from the sequel to the best PS3 game so far. I don't want something completely different.
Why do scores matter? Better yet, how do those perfect scores invalidate one guy's opinion? If that's the way one guy feels about it, the scores can't do anything.

I'm sorry, you just made that post as if you were trying to invalidate his opinion in order to justify your purchase of the game, or as to say his opinion doesn't hold as much weight as any reviewer (WHICH IT DOES).

Amir0x

Banned
RoadHazard said:

There's supposed to be much more filtering options in the full game, isnt't there? Or are they going to patch that in? I know they said it will be coming (along with punishment for dropping out of games, etc), either way.

you should just drop it. You attempted to counter his arguments by utilizing a score aggregate bullshit, as if it somehow diminishes the opinion of his. It was dumb. You should probably avoid doing that. I would take his opinion over the opinion of pretty much all game journalists anyday.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I was at a local video game store and noticed that this is releasing in Japan on the 15th! I didn't expect it to come out here so soon and planned on buying the American version. I recently just played through the first Uncharted and am very excited for this. I downloaded the multiplayer demo last night and while I couldn't find any servers I was able to start up a custom match and run around the levels alone. The visuals certainly got a big upgrade from the first game and the controls feel much tighter as well. I'll mainly be playing this for the single player, but I will give multi a try as well as the modes sound kind of interesting and I liked the look of the levels.

Amir0x

Banned
yeah i wouldn't mind more puzzles. Indiana Jones was always solving puzzles and riddles, and Nathan Drake needs to do more of that!

Okay, I've actually thought of a way I can buy this game buy release. I forgot I have a launch 360 around (don't ask) and Ghostbusters the videogame.

How much do you guys think I'll get if I traded them in at Gamestop?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Dax01 said:
Why do scores matter? Better yet, how do those perfect scores invalidate one guy's opinion? If that's the way one guy feels about it, the scores can't do anything.

I'm sorry, you just made that post as if you were trying to invalidate his opinion in order to justify your purchase of the game, or as to say his opinion doesn't hold as much weight as any reviewer (WHICH IT DOES).

I'm not trying to invalidate his opinion, nor do I need to justify my own purchase of the game (I don't see what could possibly keep me from getting it). I just made the point that many (if not most) reviews don't seem to agree with him. That doesn't in any way mean that his opinion isn't valid.

Scores do matter for most people, though. Not many people would feel excited and hyped about a game that got 5s and 6s across the board. But no, they don't make one person's opinon any more or less valid, and I've never claimed that they do. If it somehow came out like that, I apologize.

But I'm dropping this now! Again, it was not my intention to try to invalidate anyone's opinion!

Ydahs

RoadHazard said:

I'm sorry, but you come off sounding very defensive. It's been like that with every "negative" review and comment about this game (not you in particular). Is this common with all big PS3 titles? I mean, more people are focusing an a 9.0 for graphics (and see it as a negative) than a 9.0 for gameplay.

I'll be playing the game, but I'm not sure I can form an opinion since all the perfect reviews have already made one up for me...

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Ydahs said:
I'm sorry, but you come off sounding very defensive. It's been like that with every "negative" review and comment about this game (not you in particular). Is this common with all big PS3 titles? I mean, more people are focusing an a 9.0 for graphics (and see it as a negative) than a 9.0 for gameplay.

I'll be playing the game, but I'm not sure I can form an opinion since all the perfect reviews have already made one up for me...

I actually haven't been discussing the review scores at all. Also, read my previous post.

But yes, I expect U2 to be a completely amazing experience for me, since it seems to improve on everything U1 (which I love) had to offer. What is so wrong with that, and why does everyone have to get so upset?

Ydahs said:

No. It's common for all exclusive titles on all platforms, not just PS3.

Captain N

I remember going nuts over the animation in the first one game. My only probably with this one so far is swinging. He just doesn't seem to have as much weight to him as he swings. It's a bit of a letdown.

Are we talking spoilers yet?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Captain N said:
I remember going nuts over the animation in the first one game. My only probably with this one so far is swinging. He just doesn't seem to have as much weight to him as he swings. It's a bit of a letdown.

Are we talking spoilers yet?

When the game hasn't even been officially released yet, you should probably hold off on the spoilers.

Violater said:
I wish they would give me one frigging button to roll and one to for cover, its stupid.

This! I just finished the first one and this one on of the more annoying aspects of the controls.

I also wished they implemented some kind of walk-over auto-pickup for ammo of the same type as the gun you are holding. It got really annoying to check on the icon and make sure it isn't a new weapon I am about to pick up when trying to get some ammo. Unfortunately from what I played of the multiplayer demo they didn't change this at all.

agaru

God, I love this game so much! It keeps on giving. I'm at chapter 7 right now, I take my time to wander around and stare at the beauty. I also play with hints turned off as I did with U1. Love going for the sneaky stealth approach whenever I have the chance, so satisfying. Awesome new melee animations. :lol Also, you can access Drake's journal at any time in the game by pressing 'select' and you can even flip through its pages.

Beowulf28

Dax01 said:
Okay, I've actually thought of a way I can buy this game buy release. I forgot I have a launch 360 around (don't ask) and Ghostbusters the videogame.

How much do you guys think I'll get if I traded them in at Gamestop?
I think the 360 could get you around $80 and Ghostbusters around $25.

Ydahs

The-Warning said:
No. It's common for all exclusive titles on all platforms, not just PS3.
Maybe it's because I don't hang around in official threads very often. Well, before release anyway. Now I see why...

RoadHazard said:
I actually haven't been discussing the review scores at all. Also, read my previous post.

But yes, I expect U2 to be a completely amazing experience for me, since it seems to improve on everything U1 (which I love) had to offer. What is so wrong with that, and why does everyone have to get so upset?
I was speaking in general terms.

De-mon

Working in a new tribute to the game. I think is better than my first UC2 wallpaper.

zmfjo9.jpg

Probably finished tomorrow.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Amir0x said:
yeah i wouldn't mind more puzzles. Indiana Jones was always solving puzzles and riddles, and Nathan Drake needs to do more of that!

Yeah, I definitely agree with this. I would love to see Naughty Dog do something along the lines of St. Francis Folly from Tomb Raider 1. It's pretty much a whole level of epic environmental puzzles and platforming. I'm sure fans of shooting wouldn't mind one level of not as much shooting.

Defuser

Zefah said:
When the game hasn't even been officially released yet, you should probably hold off on the spoilers.[/spoiler]
It's officially released in other parts of the world now so your point is invalid. :p

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Defuser said:
It's officially released in other parts of the world now so your point is invalid. :p

Is it? I think not. Isn't the earliest release date the US one (Oct 13)? Then Europe follows on Oct 14, Japan/AU/NZ on Oct 15, and the UK on Oct 16. So... where is it already officially released?

FFObsessed said:
Delivery #1: Not Yet Dispatched
Dispatch estimate: 15 Oct 2009
Delivery estimate: 20 Oct 2009 - 22 Oct 2009
RAAAGE! (>/_<)

Unless the person is completely physically unable to buy the game from a store I have no frickin' clue why people order online. Every single Official thread is filled with people getting the game 10 days late and everyone acts like they are surprised. Don't get it really.

DoomGyver

TheExecutive said:
Unless the person is completely physically unable to buy the game from a store I have no frickin' clue why people order online. Every single Official thread is filled with people getting the game 10 days late and everyone acts like they are surprised. Don't get it really.
You can buy it cheaper online and possibly pay no tax...

I want it day 1 so I'm going retail.

Q8D3vil

been playing it for 2 hours now

realy impressive graphics ( console wise )

i like the gameplay alot

the only cons right now are the stupid ai when sneaking
other than that its better than what i expected ( didnt hype for till i played the multi beta )
and i love the sound options ( 5.1 ht here ) :D

Defuser

RoadHazard said:
Is it? I think not. Isn't the earliest release date the US one (Oct 13)? Then Europe follows on Oct 14, Japan/AU/NZ on Oct 15, and the UK on Oct 16. So... where is it already officially released?
Asia version released on the 10th.

Full Recovery said:
You can buy it cheaper online and possibly pay no tax...

I want it day 1 so I'm going retail.

Yeah, I see that point of view, but there shouldnt be any surprise nor any complaining. I guess it just annoys me but I will drop it.

KZObsessed

TheExecutive said:

£30 vs £40 isn't hard to understand :)

And release date here is 16th so not 10 days late.

TheExecutive said:

Let's see. I got it for $46 from Amazon, and it will be waiting on my doorstep when I get home from Tuesday.

TheExecutive said:

Deals, giftcards, no tax, free shipping, theres lots of reasons :p

I'm stopping by TRU come the 13'th but that's really only because of their buy 2 get 1 free dealy.

Prezhulio

Valkyr Junkie said:
Let's see. I got it for $46 from Amazon, and it will be waiting on my doorstep when I get home from Tuesday.

i've heard the release date delivery is sometimes 1-day late. i will be pretty unhappy if that's the case with uncharted, cause i'm doing the same.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Three people on my friend's list have the game already and it's driving me insane. One of them stopped playing single player after a little bit to play the Demo. He should give me his copy if he isn't going to use it.

Prezhulio said:
i've heard the release date delivery is sometimes 1-day late. i will be pretty unhappy if that's the case with uncharted, cause i'm doing the same.

The only RDD order I ever got late was Soul Calibur 4 which I believe was Amazon's first time ever doing RDD. I doubt they'll screw-up Uncharted 2 given the fact that the game has been at the top of the best-sellers for months now, so I'm sure they're prepared.

And Blu_LED, RDD is overnight shipment, so our copies won't ship until Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom