• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Gribbix said:
Platinum get! Although I'm still missing the one treasure from Chapter 6.

So technically you can get platinum but not all treasures? Interesting

I might need some advice on these last 5, they're all in the last 3 chapters...

I really want to play with the platinum-only skin in multiplayer :lol

Is this the first game to reward you for something with platinum trophy?

imtehman

Banned
there's a guy above you, there's a guy above you.... there's a guy below you there's a guy below you
i swear this game keeps making me laugh out loud

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
TheExecutive said:
Unless the person is completely physically unable to buy the game from a store I have no frickin' clue why people order online. Every single Official thread is filled with people getting the game 10 days late and everyone acts like they are surprised. Don't get it really.
Shopto is around £13 cheaper and arrives 3 days before the release date, with free shipping (in uk). :D

Gribbix

Wario64 said:
So technically you can get platinum but not all treasures? Interesting

You were right about the strange relic
in chapter 5
. It wound up counting towards the treasure total so I got the 100 treasures trophy even though I still don't have the last one from chapter 6.

I might need some advice on these last 5, they're all in the last 3 chapters...

Did you get the one that's hanging from the ceiling in the river/drain/aqueduct area where it's raining and there's a guy with a grenade launcher and three guys walking together with their backs turned to you? There's another one shortly after that in the area where you and Elena push the cart to reach a higher platform. I'll try and think of more from the last chapters. Are you missing any from chapter 23?

wRATH2x

Banned
Just got the game, I've reached chapter 4 and it's freaking awesome. Much, much better than the first so far. Lives up to all the high expectations. Can't wait to continue my playthrough tomorrow. :D

freitax

Want to Win UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Fortune Hunter Edition? Start Playing Tonight!
:OOOO

8. Prizes. Thirty (30) prizes total for the Promotion Period. Each prize consists of one copy of the Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Fortune Hunter Edition video game. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the prize is $300.00
:OOOOOOOO

1. Eligibility. The Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Fortune Hunter Edition Giveaway (“Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia
:'(((((((((((((((((((((

imtehman

Banned
Wrath2X said:
Just got the game, I've reached chapter 4 and it's freaking awesome. Much, much better than the first so far. Lives up to all the high expectations. Can't wait to continue my playthrough tomorrow. :D

this game is leaps and bounds better than part 1 already, but i was of the opinion that UC1 was, at best, decent.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Gribbix said:
Did you get the one that's hanging from the ceiling in the river/drain/aqueduct area where it's raining and there's a guy with a grenade launcher and three guys walking together with their backs turned to you? There's another one shortly after that in the area where you and Elena push the cart to reach a higher platform. I'll try and think of more from the last chapters. Are you missing any from chapter 23?

Just got those treasures...the count is at 97 now. I'm missing 2 from Chapter 23, 1 from Chapter 24, and if math adds up right I should be missing 1 more in Chapter 25. Is there a treasure lying around before the final boss, after the cutscene with Flynn? I'm currently exploring that area right now. I got a treasure right before that cutscene too.

In Ch 24, I got the ones in the first room of the chapter before the Lazzy cutscene and one right before entering the puzzle with the cynlinders

Magnus

TheExecutive said:
Unless the person is completely physically unable to buy the game from a store I have no frickin' clue why people order online. Every single Official thread is filled with people getting the game 10 days late and everyone acts like they are surprised. Don't get it really.

Agreed 100%. Just doesn't make sense to me. So much shit can go wrong, and at least in Canada, you can get hit with other taxes on the way in. Just get it while you're out on the way to/from school/work/whatever.

wRATH2x

Banned
imtehman said:
this game is leaps and bounds better than part 1 already, but i was of the opinion that UC1 was, at best, decent.
Lets put it this way, 1 was OK. Beat it but never cared for it, hated the shooting but enjoyed the platforming somewhat. But this game has me sucked in, it's more enjoyable to say the least. This game is truly a huge leap, and now anything related to the Uncharted series will be on my radar. I never expected a huge improvement, but thats what I got and I'm really fucking happy about it.

Mikey Jr.

I hope I don't get flamed to shit over this, but in mutiplayer, does anyone else feel like it takes too many bullets to take someone down? There have been a lot of times where I would pelt someone in the back and it would feel like they should have died, but don't.

freitax

Mikey Jr. said:
I hope I don't get flamed to shit over this, but in mutiplayer, does anyone else feel like it takes too many bullets to take someone down? There have been a lot of times where I would pelt someone in the back and it would feel like they should have died, but don't.
It could be:
1. You are not used to bullet sponge games
2. You didn't take into consideration the recoil the AK has
3. lag
4. you have bad aim:/

rudds

Name 10 better posters this year
WARNING: If you care about unlocking things in the multiplayer store, don't try to play this game on more than one console.

Normally the game lets you use the money you earn from single-player to buy multiplayer stuff (perks, skins, weapon upgrades). You finish campaign with a huge amount of money, so that's really helpful when you're getting started online.

I copied my profile save to a second PS3 at our office to test some multiplayer stuff yesterday, and now on playing multi at home (back on the PS3 I originally played through the game on), it's telling me my profile save has been "modified or copied" and has locked out my campaign money in the multiplayer store. I assume this is because I played online with the same profile on more than one console.

That's a pretty big bummer as you earn money slowly in the multiplayer and I can't afford to buy much of anything now. Can anyone who has this think of a way to convince the game I didn't try to hack my profile or anything?

(The multiplayer is great otherwise, which is why this is such a pain.)

DoomGyver

rudds said:
WARNING: If you care about unlocking things in the multiplayer store, don't try to play this game on more than one console.

Normally the game lets you use the money you earn from single-player to buy multiplayer stuff (perks, skins, weapon upgrades). You finish campaign with a huge amount of money, so that's really helpful when you're getting started online.

I copied my profile save to a second PS3 at our office to test some multiplayer stuff yesterday, and now on playing multi at home (back on the PS3 I originally played through the game on), it's telling me my profile save has been "modified or copied" and has locked out my campaign money in the multiplayer store. I assume this is because I played online with the same profile on more than one console.

That's a pretty big bummer as you earn money slowly in the multiplayer and I can't afford to buy much of anything now. Can anyone who has this think of a way to convince the game I didn't try to hack my profile or anything?

It's probably setup that way to keep people from exploiting game saves for cash.

Imagine if you could rack up a bunch of money on your gamesave, back it up and then put that money towards your online. Then delete your save, restore backup save and do it over and over again.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
rudds said:

Oh wow, thanks for the warning. I actually have my PSN login profile saved on my friend's PS3 and I was able to play fine on his PS3, though I had $0 wallet since I didnt play Uncharted 2 before on this PS3. I was able to level up my stats but any money I got on his PS3 was to waste since there's no way for me to add it to my original game.

rudds

Full Recovery said:
It's probably setup that way to keep people from exploiting game saves for cash.

Imagine if you could rack up a bunch of money on your gamesave, back it up and then put that money towards your online. Then delete your save, restore backup save and do it over and over again.

Well yeah, that's exactly why it's set up that way. But it also penalizes people who are legitimately moving their own save file around (admittedly a tiny group of players), which is something the PS3 very explicitly allows you to do. It's a really lousy solution.

EDIT: To clarify, all the multiplayer goodies also have level requirements, so you have to rank up to the minimum level to even make new items buyable, THEN spend the money you've earned to purchase them. Two separate barriers to entry. Imagine if you ranked up in COD4 to open up new perks but then had to grind out a ton of money by playing more and more matches to purchase them before you could actually use them.

Gribbix

Wario64 said:
In Ch 24, I got the ones in the first room of the chapter before the Lazzy cutscene and one right before entering the puzzle with the cynlinders

Did you get the one in the area where Flynn is following behind you with a gun? It's in not all that well hidden, but I somehow missed it when I was going through. It's should be on your left early on as you're traveling towards the big door with the puzzle.

In chapter 23, the one I kept missing was in the area where you fight the two heavily armored guys with GAU-19. I had to shoot it off one of the beams above me along the right side where you use the bricks in the wall to cross the gap. There's also one near the section where you first come across the entrance to Shambala. The area where the the stairs going up to a tree recede into the ground. There's a treasure hidden on the roof of the building on your left if you're facing the tree. There's another one on a statue in the courtyard where you meet up with Elena and spin the device that opens the stairway to Shambala.

EDIT:
I remembered the general location of another one in chapter 23. There's one directly above you in one of the busted up hallways. I'm having trouble remembering where exactly that hallway is, but I think it's near the middle/end of the chapter. I think it's before you reach the area with the large battle where you turn that device in the ground with Elena.

Master Z

rudds said:
Well yeah, that's exactly why it's set up that way. But it also penalizes people who are legitimately moving their own save file around (admittedly a tiny group of players), which is something the PS3 very explicitly allows you to do. It's a really lousy solution.

Do you know if this happens even if you do a HDD restore from one PS3 to another?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Gribbix said:
Did you get the one in the area where Flynn is following behind you with a gun? It's in not all that well hidden, but I somehow missed it when I was going through. It's should be on your left early on as you're traveling towards the big door with the puzzle.

In chapter 23, the one I kept missing was in the area where you fight the two heavily armored guys with GAU-19. I had to shoot it off one of the beams above me along the right side where you use the bricks in the wall to cross the gap. There's also one near the section where you first come across the entrance to Shambala. The area where the the stairs going up to a tree recede into the ground. There's a treasure hidden on the roof of the building on your left if you're facing the tree. There's another one on a statue in the courtyard where you meet up with Elena and spin the device that opens the stairway to Shambala.

Thanks alot man.
I had a feeling I was missing the ones near the entrance of Shambala and the GAU-19 one since there was a huge gap between the first treasure and my 2nd one. Now I'm only just missing the one on Ch 25.

Platinum get!

2d7y4ih.jpg

rudds

Master Z said:
Do you know if this happens even if you do a HDD restore from one PS3 to another?

No clue. Better spend all your campaign money before you have to do that. :p

I wonder... Maybe Naughty Dog tracks your last known campaign money amount, so if I copy that updated profile file from the office PS3 back to my home console, it would verify it as current and let me use the money again.

LaneDS

Here's hoping Naughty Dog allows us to setup booster sets for different game modes. Can't tell you how many times I've changed from my default booster loadout (Down the Irons + Fleet Foot) to something specialized, only to forget to change it back.

Just did it twice in a row while pausing in between rounds to type this post. I'm pretty smart.

snack

LaneDS said:
Here's hoping Naughty Dog allows us to setup booster sets for different game modes. Can't tell you how many times I've changed from my default booster loadout (Down the Irons + Fleet Foot) to something specialized, only to forget to change it back.

Just did it twice in a row while pausing in between rounds to type this post. I'm pretty smart.
This is a great idea. ND needs to implement this into their next patch. Hopefully someone from ND is reading the thread. :lol

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Definity said:
Wario - now that you've got platnium do you mind to take a screen shot
of the MP SKIN you unlock?

I'm trying to get in a game right now. I have to be on the Heroes side to play it. In case you didn't know (and this really isn't a spoiler) but the unlock skin for multiplayer is
Marco Polo

h4k said:
This is a great idea. ND needs to implement this into their next patch. Hopefully someone from ND is reading the thread. :lol

Oh Naughty Dog reads GAF. Trust me.

Edit: Success! Got in a game with my Platinum'd MP skin.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
The game just frozed on me...that's twice it froze'd...

Shit, this was a nasty freeze. I had to power down my PS3 but pressing the switch in the back...it wouldnt turn off.

Wario64 said:
The game just frozed on me...that's twice it froze'd...

Shit, this was a nasty freeze. I had to power down my PS3 but pressing the switch in the back...it wouldnt turn off.

Thats a hard freeze. Which PS3 do you have?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
cjtiger300 said:
Thats a hard freeze. Which PS3 do you have?

MGS4 80GB bundle.

Here's some screenshots of the MP skin you unlock with platinum trophy. These aren't spoilers but since people were touchy last time, I'll just link only. I think people thought my skin was a bug since people were hesitant to shoot me, that or they were going 'wtf' :lol

http://i34.tinypic.com/20git7s.jpg
"Sup Nathan"

http://i35.tinypic.com/npgvh2.jpg
Going out with the FAL

http://i37.tinypic.com/autjye.jpg
Taking some shots

http://i38.tinypic.com/2r45z15.jpg
Playing dead

deepbrown

Dynamic3 said:
You also have to account for distance too correct? At least it seems like the bullets move fairly slowly so you would potentially have to lead people.

Regardless, it does still take quite a lot to bring someone down, even when using grenades/rockets.
That was less than two feet...

Krakatoa

Just grabbed a copy. Can't wait to get home and check it out :D

If you want a copy and live near Long Beach, CA. OM me and I will let you know where they have some.

LaneDS

Is
Gabriel Roman
(almost a non-spoiler) currently purchasable/unlockable for the MP? Or is that likely to be DLC?

KAOz

Short bus special
LaneDS said:
Is
Gabriel Roman
(almost a non-spoiler) currently purchasable/unlockable for the MP? Or is that likely to be DLC?

As far as I know, that skin should be in directly and be unlockable/purchasable. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom