• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
iNvidious01 said:
pieced together from amazon's zoom thing, couldnt find the gaps but got a nice closeup on the design

[IsMG]http://i.imgur.com/2fXDZ.jpg[/IMG]

click
http://z2-ec2.images-amazon.com/images/P/1908172002.01.MAIN._SCRMZZZZZZ_.jpg

icu9FgSENzO3A.jpg

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Liquid_015 said:
Haha yeah I just saw that on twitter. Haha, I'm contemplating if I should get one, but I'm not a fan of the Naughty Dog color scheme but its limited edition!!
I don't like it at all so I wouldn't even consider it. The figure being $50 is really bugging me though. How can I pay more for this ($50) than I will for the game ($40)?

Where is the cheapest place I can get the Uncharted 1 + 2 combo pack?

I haven't played Uncharted 1 since 2007 and Uncharted 2 since 2009.

I'd love to give them another play-through before 3 comes out.

Liquid_015 said:
Not sure if old, just found it while searching up some Uncharted 3 stuff on Youtube.

Some new gameplay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr4lIyfErSQ

Watch at your own risk!
Nice little video. For all of my distaste for the Uncharted series, I am always impressed by how good it looks even on such old hardware. While I'm not eager to play the game, I am eager to see what ND can do with hardware that isn't 5 years outdated on the next console generation. The closest comparison from the visuals here would be (and these are extremely minor spoilers)
Assassin's Creed. The draw distance on the rooftops of the Arabian-looking city as well as the level of detail is far better than the AC engine offers, not to mention the fact that the animations and models are much better up close.

darkwing

thetechkid said:
So is the Collector's edition worth it? I was originally thinking of getting it but having second thoughts about it in favor for just the normal game.
yeah, been waiting for feedbacks on the actual items

Liquid_015

Gold Member
krameriffic said:
Nice little video. For all of my distaste for the Uncharted series, I am always impressed by how good it looks even on such old hardware. While I'm not eager to play the game, I am eager to see what ND can do with hardware that isn't 5 years outdated on the next console generation. The closest comparison from the visuals here would be (and these are extremely minor spoilers)
Assassin's Creed. The draw distance on the rooftops of the Arabian-looking city as well as the level of detail is far better than the AC engine offers, not to mention the fact that the animations and models are much better up close.

The environment looks amazing, and Elena looks very Asian. Haha, just imagine if the Assassin's Creed series was on the Uncharted Engine.

GeoramA said:
Still gotta do my trophy run for UC1. I wish they were retroactive...

I've had to do my trophy run since the day the trophy patch came out and never got around to it. Maybe I should this weekend though.

darkwing

Got the Shakes said:
I've had to do my trophy run since the day the trophy patch came out and never got around to it. Maybe I should this weekend though.
it's pretty easy, toughest part is the sewers

arne

Kagari said:
That CE guide will be mine.

This guide is really one of the best I've seen, the guys have been awesome to work with.
there's a section for single player weapons I was looking at today that impressed me. we handed over a raw spreadsheet and data and they turned it into nice usable charts - to the point where I went over to the game designers and asked where this data was so we could use it on the website or something. and well, they were champs taking our lightly documented data, parsing it and visualizing it.

To be fair, I have a few of those future press books that people were impressed with on my desk, so i'll take a look at them soon in comparison. The CE cover though, that's pure class.

Rengoku

arne said:
This guide is really one of the best I've seen, the guys have been awesome to work with.
there's a section for single player weapons I was looking at today that impressed me. we handed over a raw spreadsheet and data and they turned it into nice usable charts - to the point where I went over to the game designers and asked where this data was so we could use it on the website or something. and well, they were champs taking our lightly documented data, parsing it and visualizing it.

To be fair, I have a few of those future press books that people were impressed with on my desk, so i'll take a look at them soon in comparison. The CE cover though, that's pure class.

Hey Arne,

Are you guys planning on working with Ballistics Publishing again for an Uncharted 3 Artbook? The UC2 artbook was fantastic, and I'd love to have one of the same quality for UC3 as well.

darkwing

Rengoku said:
Hey Arne,

Are you guys planning on working with Ballistics Publishing again for an Uncharted 3 Artbook? The UC2 artbook was fantastic, and I'd love to have one of the same quality for UC3 as well.
oh wow, that would look fabulous

arne

Rengoku said:
Hey Arne,

There's nothing in the works or planned right now. We'll have to see if we can work something out for an artbook in the future.

Liquid_015 said:
The environment looks amazing, and Elena looks very Asian. Haha, just imagine if the Assassin's Creed series was on the Uncharted Engine.
I wish Activision would take some stuff from the ICE team and use it for COD ;_;

I am playing this game for about half an hour and i can tell you that this is gonna be the best game in the series! So amazing. The game is beautiful, the animations are fucking amazing and the gameplay is even better than in UC2. Also chapter 2 is amazing! I dunno if they showed stuff before, but i went Uncharted media black out and i cannot wait whats going to happen in the game :D

Replicant

Anyone knows which online retailer ships that CE Guidebook overseas but package it properly? Everytime I order from Amazon, the edge of the book is dented by the time it arrives here. Amazon's packaging sucks!

cajunator

Banned
How much is the special edition? I decided to stick with just a normal version of this game. At least I think I did. I always order special edition shit for the hell of it but I can never remember which games lol.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
RaGMasTeR90 said:
I am playing this game for about half an hour and i can tell you that this is gonna be the best game in the series! So amazing. The game is beautiful, the animations are fucking amazing and the gameplay is even better than in UC2. Also chapter 2 is amazing! I dunno if they showed stuff before, but i went Uncharted media black out and i cannot wait whats going to happen in the game :D

Can't wait! Most anticipated game this year for me. I hope I enjoy it as much as I did the second one.

darkwing

Linconan said:
I think he meant the Explorers Edition with the big Antique Chest Replica box.
That's the Collectors Edition with that..little box,lol.
Even the video is labelled wrong, Its not the Explorers Edition.

I can't wait till i get my Explorers Edition with the Chest :)
yup, was wondering what the box is made of lol

darkwing said:
sweet! that is even better

Hopefully a friend of mine gets me one for 95€. That's a fair price imo for the whole package.

If not i'll go for the standard one imported from UK.

also, the quote about materials:

"The Explorer's Edition of Uncharted 3 brandishes a wooden travel case that's produced to "a premium quality" in an antique style. The case has space for 19 PS3 games. They're not included. "

Linconan

darkwing said:
sweet! that is even better
Yeah, it's wooden.
But it all depends on what sort,lol

Hopefully (doubt it) the straps are leather or atleast a good quality of some sort.

The thing i'm most pump, besides the game and box of course, is the Belt Buckle.

Linconan said:
Yeah, it's wooden.
But it all depends on what sort,lol

Hopefully (doubt it) the straps are leather or atleast a good quality of some sort.

The thing i'm most pump, besides the game and box of course, is the Belt Buckle.

The belt buckle and ring seem plastic-like. A shame.

Linconan

blitzcloud said:
The belt buckle and ring seem plastic-like. A shame.
I heard that the Buckle is wearable.
Atleast thats what i heard.

F'n better be,lol,
And, if its not. I'll be sooooo fucking pissed.

RaGMasTeR90 said:

XYKh3.gif

Damn i cant believe how good the graphics are. Everybody who says its not that of a big leap in comparison to Uncharted 2 is lying. I just
came to the part where you search the chateu in France. Damn that forest looks fucking AMAZING! the lightning is fucking insane!
It seems to profit Naughty Dog that the Sony first party studios share technology.

RaGMasTeR90 said:
Damn i cant believe how good the graphics are. Everybody who says its not that of a big leap in comparison to Uncharted 2 is lying. I just
came to the part where you search the chateu in France. Damn that forest looks fucking AMAZING! the lightning is fucking insane!
It seems to profit Naughty Dog that the Sony first party studios share technology.

Would you say this game is the AVATAR of videogames in terms of visuals?

Tricky I Shadow said:
Would you say this game is the AVATAR of videogames in terms of visuals?

I would not exagerate like that, but i think its the best looking PS3 game and the best looking console game with no doubt. I mean the Unreal 3 engine produces nice graphics, especially when you look at Gears 3, but what Naughty Dog did with UC3 is beyond amazing!
Edit: i played for about 1h30m, cannot wait for the rest !

Sinthetic

arne said:

I just watched the documentary with you in it on Eurogamer, I laughed so much when the guys were making noises during mocap.

Top Bottom