• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
StevePharma said:
Sneak peek was really good. Animation quality is AAA as well, I got a huge Ezio/Altair vibe from Drake's ubiquitous touching.
As far as I remember, in AC, the touching/pushing only happens when you go through crowds of people, it seemed like he was just doing the same thing all the time. Here, they've made it so it's like he's leveraging himself against the environment, leaning onto things, feeling things when close to them. There seems to be a lot more variety, and happens at any time anywhere, wherever it would make sense.

Furoba

Jarmel said:
Does anyone know if the Japanese release of U3 will have full english support and audio?

I ordered the Japanese version on Amazon.co.jp, I'd instantly return my copy if it lacked English voices. I got the Japanese version of the first Uncharted, and it has both Japanese as English voices.

Gregorn

I just went to Play.com to put in my preorder and saw this 'In Stock Sold by Play.com Usually dispatched within 24 hours.'
They've already got it in stock a whole week before launch!

CozMick

Banned
Spiffy_1st said:
I just went to Play.com to put in my preorder and saw this 'In StockSold by Play.com
Usually dispatched within 24 hours.' They've already got it in stock a whole week before launch!

You've used Play.com before right?

That shit is damn slow for me, you'll probably end up receiving it after launch :\

Gregorn

CozMick said:
You've used Play.com before right?

That shit is damn slow for me, you'll probably end up receiving it after launch :\

I haven't had a preorder come after release, only Amazon has given me the joys of that. I ordered Breaking Bad on Tuesday from Play.com and it came today so they've been good to me recently.

CozMick

Banned
Spiffy_1st said:
I haven't had a preorder come after release, only Amazon has given me the joys of that. I ordered Breaking Bad on Tuesday from Play.com and it came today so they've been good to me recently.

Oh that's cool then, get it bought :)

So, I just finished the game on Hard.

Playtime:
~10h30m
Collected treasures:
78/100

Thoughts on the overall difficulty of the game:
Usually I go with normal because I just want to enjoy the game the first time I play it, but this time I went for hard and I have to say it wasn't really hard. There were some situations which I had to replay a few times. Actually Uncharted 2 was harder. I never played any Uncharted on Crushed before, if anyone wonders.

Thoughts on gameplay and enemy AI:
Gameplay surely improved but I didn't see that much improvement on the enemy AI compared to Uncharted 2. I may be wrong here since it's been a while I played Uncharted 2 on Hard, but that's how I felt about it.

Thoughts on graphics, presentation & sound:
Dunno how they pulled off some of the visuals, but they looks sick in some parts/locations - I mean seriously. The only complain I have are some backgrounds which looked.. well, not so good. But other than that, the game looks phenomenal and so is it's presentation. I really, really enjoyed some of the camera angles which put this game on a whole different level once more. You'll exactly know what I mean, when you reach the desert. Sound is awesome as usual.

Thoughts on the game focus:
One thing you notice very soon is that the game is much more focused on fist fight's unlike before. That's one thing you'll notice throughout the whole game. So you better get your Kung-Fu ready, because it will come in very, very handy. Also, if you like to chase or getting chased, you'll be happy with this game since you will encounter such situations quite a few time and they are done great.

Thoughts on locations in the game:
When I started the game I was really surprised by the choice they did with the locations and liked that at first, but later in the game I expected more - until I reached the desert. That was fantastic imho. Overall I guess I'm pretty satisfied, but I liked Uncharted 2's mix of locations better. Also, the final location does look phenomenal, but to be honest, I didn't like it that much.

Thoughts on the finale:
JUST AWESOME - but tooooooo easy. Seriously, that was a piece of cake.

Thoughts on the game overall:
Uncharted 3 is a great game, no question about that and for me the pace really worked. I just think that I got spoiled a bit too much with Uncharted 2 so that I was kinda waiting for the highlights of highlights all the time - and there were quite some higlights - but never felt like "Wow, holy shit! This is it!". This is just me, so that could turn out for you completely different of course. As for the lenght of the game, I'm totally okay with that. I searched some treasure here and there and ended up with quite a bunch for the first time playing this game I think. They were not that hard to find anyway.

scott-pilgrim-wednesday.jpg

Hurry up FedEx!

Pranay

Mailenstein said:
So, I just finished the game on Hard.

Playtime:
~10h30m
Collected treasures:
78/100

Thoughts on the overall difficulty of the game:
Usually I go with normal because I just want to enjoy the game the first time I play it, but this time I went for hard and I have to say it wasn't really hard. There were some situations which I had to replay a few times. Actually Uncharted 2 was harder. I never played any Uncharted on Crushed before, if anyone wonders.

Thoughts on gameplay and enemy AI:
Gameplay surely improved but I didn't see that much improvement on the enemy AI compared to Uncharted 2. I may be wrong here since it's been a while I played Uncharted 2 on Hard, but that's how I felt about it.

Thought on graphics, presentation & sound:
Dunno how they pulled off some of the visuals, but they looks sick in some parts/locations - I mean seriously. The only complain I have are some backgrounds which looked.. well, not so good. But other than that, the game looks phenomenal and so is it's presentation. I really, really enjoyed some of the camera angles which put this game on a whole different level once more. You'll exactly know what I mean, when you reach the desert. Sound is awesome as usual.

Thought on the game focus:
One thing you notice very soon is that the game is much more focused on fist fight's unlike before. That's one thing you'll notice throughout the whole game. So you better get your Kung-Fu ready, because it will come in very, very handy. Also, if you like to chase or getting chased, you'll be happy with this game since you will encounter such situations quite a few time and they are done great.

Thoughts on locations in the game:
When I started the game I was really surprised by the choice they did with the locations and liked that at first, but later in the game I expected more - until I reached the desert. That was fantastic imho. Overall I guess I'm pretty satisfied, but I liked Uncharted 2's mix of locations better. Also, the final location does look phenomenal, but to be honest, I didn't like it that much.

Thought on the finale:
JUST AWESOME - but tooooooo easy. Seriously, that was a piece of cake.

Thoughts on the game overall:
Uncharted 3 is a great game, no question about that and for me the pace really worked. I just think that I got spoiled a bit too much with Uncharted 2 so that I was kinda waiting for the highlights of highlights all the time - and there were quite some higlights - but never felt like "Wow, holy shit! This is it!". This is just me, so that could turn out for you completely different of course. As for the lenght of the game, I'm totally okay with that. I searched some treasure here and there and ended up with quite a bunch for the first time playing this game I think. They were not that hard to find anyway.

Great impressions.

i have few questions -

1 - How was the story ? Was it better then uncharted 2 ?

2 - How were the puzzles in the game and since you feel the gameplay has improved what changes have they made ?

3 - Overall better then uncharted 1 and 2 ?

Pranay_ said:
Great impressions.

i have few questions -

1 - How was the story ? Was it better then uncharted 2 ?

2 - How were the puzzles in the game and since you feel the gameplay has improved what changes have they made ?

3 - Overall better then uncharted 1 and 2 ?
1) if you don't know anything about the story and the story development in this game, you better don't highlight this:
I actually did like it better than Uncharted 2 storywise, especially because of the insight about Drake's & Scully's background when they were younger.

2)
I played the game without hint, but I didn't feel too challenged. Some puzzles take a minute or two to understand, so there wasn't anything frustrating I would say. As I said before, fight fights are a bigger part of the game and they kind of force you to use it, which comes in handy later at some situations. Also I felt like the adventure part itself is much bigger now than before. The game itself starts quite unexpected. It's more like a tutorial and they are matching the pace to that, but it feels still great and I really, really like how they did that and with what locations they combined it. The fact that they added a lot of chases in the game is a huge plus in my book and it makes the game to feel more like a movie you are actually playing.

EDIT:
One thing I forgot: sneaking situations. There are clearly more now.

3)
That's a though one. I would say 3 = 2 > 1, but not really sure yet.

Ricky_R

Combichristoffersen said:
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFfffgoddammit, why won't they change the release date in Scandinavia too, I have to wait until next Wednesday for the game to arrive :(

If it makes you feel better, I will wait until Scandinavia's release date to play mine.

Sorry, I won't.

I feel sad.

Since the majestic sunrise of this unparalleled morning, my ears perked towards every passing motor hum, awaiting for that special FedEx rumble. Inside the truck, it carries my lonely copy of Uncharted 3, desperately wanting to mate with my PS3, to express years of magical design.

However, a troublesome landlord appeared and turned on the sprinklers, causing the sound of water traveling through the house to interfere with my affairs. To top it off, there is some lawn-mowing occurring next door. Damn them! Damn them all to hell!

And then, on Facebook:

311999_228671097197005_124203117643804_651678_865380665_n.jpg

Sinthetic

Got my pre-order complete mail from GAME. I've never been so happy to have money taken off me before. That feeling will be topped with Zelda in 3 weeks.

Zoibie

Managed to pre-order it from Sainsbury's a week or two ago for £30 with a code. They seemed pretty good with delivery before so I hope pre-orders are just as quick.

Rikyfree said:
You're closer to Chicago than me! Try living in Ohio!
Try living on the Gulf Coast. People forget we even exist unless they're watching football, want to shoot a movie for cheap, want to get drunk and shit on someone else's city streets for a few days, or we're underwater.

Subway if I don't get my copy early like you guys did with GT5 and INF2 I will never buy another footlong as long as I live. Maybe a six inch.

EloquentM said:
just four more days...we can pull through this man.
If i hear one more glowing impression I'll have to freeze myself.

thetechkid said:
Who wants to go "liberate" a supply truck and get some early copies with me?
I'm up for it, and we'll ship em to Gaf, we'll be like Robin Hood.

protonion

Finished chapter 7.

HOLY SHIT at everything!

-So far more exploration and less shooting than U2 which I like.

-Like U2 it will be a while before your first shot. Awesome start though.

-I was stuck for half an hour in the third puzzle. That's a first for an Uncharted game! A hint button appeared after a while!

-Chapter 7 is a certain set-piece they've shown a lot. Playing through it is a million times better. I almost got up from my couch.

To sum up... HOLY SHIT!

edit: online pass doesn't work yet right? Europe here.

iNvid02

protonion said:
Finished chapter 7.

HOLY SHIT at everything!

-So far more exploration and less shooting than U2 which I like.

-Like U2 it will be a while before your first shot. Awesome start though.

-I was stuck for half an hour in the third puzzle. That's a first for an Uncharted game! A hint button appeared after a while!

-Chapter 7 is a certain set-piece they've shown a lot. Playing through it is a million times better. I almost got up from my couch.

To sum up... HOLY SHIT!

edit: online pass doesn't work yet right? Europe here.

you son of a bitch, hyyyypppee

Top Bottom