• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

Anyone playing the game in 3D? Was gonna play through it in 3D after having a blast with Crysis, but after playing the Resistance 3 demo in 3D (which looked not good IMO) i am a bit worried that U3's majestic graphics could suffer from 3D mode :/

The worst thing about Uncharted for me is having to limit how much I play so I don't finish the sp in one day. Its so hard to put the controller down, but I waited 2 years for this, so I spread my playthrough over a week. This time I think I'll just play it naturally because it ruined the flow in the prior games.

klier said:
^^ The whole Resistance 3 demo looks like extreme crap imo. With or without 3D

haha yeah :D my brother bought the europe SE and i watched him playing, hell i even played coop with him and it looked fine to me, so it was quite irritating when i started up 3D mode and saw that "mess"
Maybe a little hyperbole

Lion Heart said:
The worst thing about Uncharted for me is having to limit how much I play so I don't finish the sp in one day. Its so hard to put the controller down, but I waited 2 years for this, so I spread my playthrough over a week. This time I think I'll just play it naturally because it ruined the flow in the prior games.

That is what second play threw are for and crushing .
I beat both UC and UC2 in one sit down UC3 mostly going to be the same .

Putty

RaGMasTeR90 said:
I am playing this game for about half an hour and i can tell you that this is gonna be the best game in the series! So amazing. The game is beautiful, the animations are fucking amazing and the gameplay is even better than in UC2. Also chapter 2 is amazing! I dunno if they showed stuff before, but i went Uncharted media black out and i cannot wait whats going to happen in the game :D

Hyped!............

Spacebar

First off, amazing OT! Second, has anyone in the US gotten this early at a store? I may have to go out this weekend and start searching. The hype is getting to be too much for me.

Tizoc

Anyone get the game yet? Got a message from one of my usual shops that they have it, but I'm not in a hurry to get it.
EDIT: Oh and I don't live in the US; ArabGAF, check your usual shops they might have it now.

darkwing

RaGMasTeR90 said:
Damn i cant believe how good the graphics are. Everybody who says its not that of a big leap in comparison to Uncharted 2 is lying. I just
came to the part where you search the chateu in France. Damn that forest looks fucking AMAZING! the lightning is fucking insane!
It seems to profit Naughty Dog that the Sony first party studios share technology.

this is going to be a long week

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
OneMoreQuestion said:
What's wrong with the dates?

He is probably referring to the official release date change in some countries in Europe, which is now tomorrow instead of the 2 november.

Stores here are already shipping it and some already put them on display and are selling them. Mine shipped today so i will be getting it tomorrow morning, so that means i will have the full weekend to play it, sogood.gif.

Hypereides

Gold Member
Younger Marlowe is kinda hot :eek:

Teen Drake is fucking awesome too :D

If you dont wanna spoil the yourselves, dont highlight!

Liquid_015 said:
Not sure if old, just found it while searching up some Uncharted 3 stuff on Youtube.

Some new gameplay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr4lIyfErSQ

Watch at your own risk!

Jesus so awesome, I think they've improved the lighting quality aside from the volumetric stuff, without having that green tint like in gears 3.

SolidSnakex said:
Behind the Scenes: Motion Capture

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnxZP2UtRME

Avoid that video if you haven't seen the launch trailer.

Jesus Emily Rose is so hot.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
The perfect Dark said:
Yeah, got it! (Gamestop)

Germany is selling it early.

:D
Proof it! :p just kidding. I hope they sell it here in austria too. Time to tele!

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Gearing up for the game:

2011-10-27_0924.png

Sn4ke_911 said:
Proof it! :p just kidding. I hope they sell it here in austria too. Time to tele!

Sry no cam here^^ But I won't be able to play it until tomorrow evening 'cause I'm not at home :/
AND I will finish Uncharted 2 first (yeah for the third time)...chapter 21 now I guess

Superfrog

Would you mind adding the CE version of the Official Strategy Guide to the OP? It comes with an exclusive 10-track soundtrack CD, an extra 16-page Cast Gallery section and a nicely debossed hardcover. :)

121ydqg.jpg

29bfwx4.jpg

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Just called my local store. Getting the game tomorrow. Hype to the max!!

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFfffgoddammit, why won't they change the release date in Scandinavia too, I have to wait until next Wednesday for the game to arrive :(

Grisby

Square Triangle said:
Now I need that guide. Firs time I've bought three guides in years, the others being Dark Souls and the CE of Arkham City.
Hey! Those are also the only 3 guides I've purchased (going to purchase) this year.

Wait. I also purchased the Dragon Age 2 guide. Well, the above are the most recent I should say.

badcrumble said:
I mean, we've all seen what Helen Mirren looks like in a bikini even today.

hah, I just meant for people not to highlight it... but yes.

soooo the AMC people should get their copies today... Subway people too?

please?

...Jesus?

Refuse to look at the OT till I play the game. My media blackout has gone great for this game so I am jumping in blind except for what they showed in the debut trailer. Can't wait! This game will be the only thing to break me away from BF3 for a little while.

Tucah

you speak so well
I'm pretty sure this is the most hyped I've ever been for a game. I've been on a relative media blackout - I watched the unveiling trailer but barely remember what was in it and I only know that this game has Drake in a desert at some point and that the villain is Helen Mirren. Goddamn Tuesday can't come soon enough.

GQman2121

Banned
Buy the new 320 gig PS3 Bundle at Kmart and they'll give you the U/U2 Dual Pack free + a $50 gaming coupon.

Basically, a new PS3, all three games in the Uncharted series & what pretty much amounts to a new release for $299. Good deal if you were considering a new PS3 this holiday.

ProfessorMoran said:
Jesus so awesome, I think they've improved the lighting quality aside from the volumetric stuff, without having that green tint like in gears 3.

Sneak peek was really good. Animation quality is AAA as well, I got a huge Ezio/Altair vibe from Drake's ubiquitous touching. Let's hope the boob-touch from Assassins Creed is applicable to the female characters here as well.

Forever alone.jpg. You're still my waifu Chloe.

Jarmel

Banned
Kenshin001 said:
Can't say 100% but both previous games did. Would be weird if they suddenly changed tack.

I'm trying to figure out if it would be faster to wait for the Play-Asia US version to ship or go and order the Japanese version off of AmazonJP.

Oh my fucking god! I just got somewhere where you will sit in front of your TV like :O :O :O :O :O: :O !!! It is so beautiful! The game is fun as hell, hard to put down and i am still amazed by the animations, naughty dog is so godlike :D Guys you need to play this game! seriously!

Top Bottom