• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

Like I mentioned previously, the only thing that REALLY bothers me is getting a loss for any late join game I join. It's complete BS. Late joining shouldn't affect your W/L ratio.

I agree with this as well, has this been brought to ND's attention?

Edit:

Wtf, the maps, the way you hold your guns are inverted. Is this a bug or intentional? Feels weird as hell.

did everyone's names not stay with them when you moved the camera as well? same with the open chest/treasure symbols? if so, I had the same issue in the Plaza just now in a lab match...something didn't feel right.

Mr. Fix

Interesting thing happened. Played Snipers only @ the Plaza, but the names were lagging for some reason, so the team couldn't help but shoot at nameless moving characters at first. Dat ND quality. Funny enough, my friend says there's always something that goes wrong.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I agree with this as well, has this been brought to ND's attention?

Edit:

did everyone's names not stay with them when you moved the camera as well? same with the open chest/treasure symbols? if so, I had the same issue in the Plaza just now in a lab match...something didn't feel right.
Yes, laggy names & treasure icons here too. It seemed like everyone had Cloaked on.

Himself

My biggest beef is still the matchmaking. Im level 21 and yesterday it was four of us, with me being the highest ranked, against five level 75s. So annoying. Other than that, I'm really glad I gave the MP another shot because I'm having some fun with it.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
weird, didn't notice that when I played a bit. does it only happen sometimes?
Yeah, it happens sometimes. I made a custom game in Yemen and it was reversed as well. I think it's a bug. It happened a lot when I was playing The Lab.

My biggest beef is still the matchmaking. Im level 21 and yesterday it was four of us, with me being the highest ranked, against five level 75s. So annoying. Other than that, I'm really glad I gave the MP another shot because I'm having some fun with it.
Yup, matchmaking has always sucked. It's my worst enemy. It just doesn't balance the teams properly for me. Maybe it's because of my stats that they just want to punish me.

- - - - -

In my opinion, boosters and kickbacks should not be available in The Lab. It irks me a bit that people can easily get scoped in gold with the reduced range from playing the lab when I worked my ass off for it previously before the reduction. 50 meters is just way too much of a reduction and it's easier than ever thanks to the lab. So is Power Hunter. As for kickbacks, it really defeats the purpose of it being T-Bolt and Pistole only when people can spawn an RPG/Hammer/Quick Boom/Cluster/Mega Bomb out of their ass. It ruins the flow of the match. With Militia Man equipped, you have such a huge advantage in CQC with the pistole and even the T-bolt that it's not even funny...I should know because I use it! I know you could boosters in certain labs in UC2, but I think they should be removed from any future labs.

I also wasn't expecting Power Plays to occur in the lab. I don't know how I feel about that yet. I'm OK with the concept, but I just fucking HATE Multi-Marked Man. 3 points per kill is complete bullshit and you have one hit kill weapons in this lab. I really do hate that power play. Even more than Double Damage.

Mikey Jr.

Pistole works with it at all. You can go on a fucking rampage with it.

Ohh shit, I just remembered.

RPG only lab. Militia Man.

...............Dear Lord save us all.

jett

D-Member
Is UC2 still active? What makes it better or worse than UC3? What's the general beef with UC3's MP? I just started UC3 MP and im mostly enjoying it, but I'm willing to give UC2 a go if there are legitimate reasons.

UC2 still active.

UC3's problem for me is that it's unbalanced all over. The inclusion of weapon loadouts killed one of the things that worked so well for UC2: simplicity, and killed any semblance of balance. I've lost count on the amount of times ND has attempted to rebalance the weapons in the game, it's just never going to happen. Add custom weapons, mods, kickbacks and other stuff they've added into the mix and it's a mess. It's entertaining, but it's a mess. UC2 for me is almost perfect, only problem is the lower health. UC3 has added character health but it's nullified completely by how OP some weapons are. It's pretty funny/sad.

The real shame for me though is that all the guys that I played UC2 with pretty much stopped after UC3 was released, and now they don't play either game. :/

UC2 still active.

UC3's problem for me is that it's unbalanced all over. The inclusion of weapon loadouts killed one of the things that worked so well for UC2: simplicity, and killed any semblance of balance. I've lost count on the amount of times ND has attempted to rebalance the weapons in the game, it's just never going to happen. Add custom weapons, mods, kickbacks and other stuff they've added into the mix and it's a mess. It's entertaining, but it's a mess. UC2 for me is almost perfect, only problem is the lower health. UC3 has added character health but it's nullified completely by how OP some weapons are. It's pretty funny/sad.

The real shame for me though is that all the guys that I played UC2 with pretty much stopped after UC3 was released, and now they don't play either game. :/

Well stated and I agree totally.

jett

D-Member
Goddamn this patch has introduced a plethora of bugs it seems. My guy started moving on his own in one direction, and was invincible to everything. :|

Well stated and I agree totally.

I also forgot to mention the ridiculous amount of gun recoil that was added to EVERY weapon in UC3. That is, every weapon but the g-mal. I just had some back-to-back UC2 and UC3 gametime and the difference is ridiculous, I really don't understand this change. It's terribad.

btw g-mal sucks. sucks bad. unbalanced, OP and extremely unfun to use.

Himself

Maybe I'll go back and try U2. Why the heck not? Didn't they just else all the DLC for free? I hope there are some maps included in that. Don't really give two shits about skins.

iLLmAtlc

Goddamn this patch has introduced a plethora of bugs it seems. My guy started moving on his own in one direction, and was invincible to everything. :|

I also forgot to mention the ridiculous amount of gun recoil that was added to EVERY weapon in UC3. That is, every weapon but the g-mal. I just had some back-to-back UC2 and UC3 gametime and the difference is ridiculous, I really don't understand this change. It's terribad.

Does the G-MAL really have no recoil? I went back to U2 a few months ago with the FAL and that gun literally had no recoil. The bursts all go to the same spot if fired rapidly. If you do that with the G-MAL it bounces around and the bursts definitely do not go in the same spot.

I also think people seem to have rose tinted glasses in regards in U2 MP. I went back to it a few months ago and that game has several major issues that really take away from the fun.

First of all, you have several users using Situational Awareness, but it's not possible to change to Evasion after the game has started. So you can either have Evasion all the time or just not use it and roll with it. Getting killed by people hiding with SA and a shotgun is pretty annoying. Second is in that game there are a lot of users who aren't interested in gunfights. Instead, when they see you, they'll throw a couple of grenades and start hopping around like an idiot. The blindfire in U3 sucked but in U2 you literally have people who don't use long-guns and spend the whole game hopping around to get blindfire/melee kills. Third is the Hammer has a ridiculous number of shells. I don't know what the max is but you can killed by the same person at least 3 times before they have to give it up.

Skidd

For the love of God Naughty Dog, do something about the GMAL soon.

No other multiplayer game has made me want to ragequit so much.

iLLmAtlc

For the love of God Naughty Dog, do something about the GMAL soon.

No other multiplayer game has made me want to ragequit so much.

May I ask if the games that frustrate you the most involve party of 5s all using G-MAL? If yes I think that's the bigger problem here. They have to do something about the matchmaking. They can use any weapon they want pretty much and it'll still end up being a horrible experience.

I know personally that G-MAL seems to be the top dog but it's not as far ahead as it once was or the FAL was. I feel like it's manageable with almost any gun now but I haven't really been playing a whole lot lately so maybe I'm mistaken.

Skidd

May I ask if the games that frustrate you the most involve party of 5s all using G-MAL? If yes I think that's the bigger problem here. They have to do something about the matchmaking. They can use any weapon they want pretty much and it'll still end up being a horrible experience.

I know personally that G-MAL seems to be the top dog but it's not as far ahead as it once was or the FAL was. I feel like it's manageable with almost any gun now but I haven't really been playing a whole lot lately so maybe I'm mistaken.
Mostly the full teams of G-MALs. And I can't put my finger on it, but I swear there's some weird lag with hit detection/hitboxes because for too many times I've been killed while rolling to cover. I clearly get behind cover (the whole animation plays), but a micro second later, I'm dead anyway because apparently magic bullets go through chest high walls or something.

Add in 2 bursts to kill someone and you've got yourself quite a mess. I've always loved the close range fire fights in this and U2, but this gun just stomps on your hopes of ever getting into any. Even when you do get close, (with any other rifle) a head- on confrontation very rarely ends in your favor.

In my opinion, boosters and kickbacks should not be available in The Lab. It irks me a bit that people can easily get scoped in gold with the reduced range from playing the lab when I worked my ass off for it previously before the reduction. 50 meters is just way too much of a reduction and it's easier than ever thanks to the lab. So is Power Hunter. As for kickbacks, it really defeats the purpose of it being T-Bolt and Pistole only when people can spawn an RPG/Hammer/Quick Boom/Cluster/Mega Bomb out of their ass. It ruins the flow of the match. With Militia Man equipped, you have such a huge advantage in CQC with the pistole and even the T-bolt that it's not even funny...I should know because I use it! I know you could boosters in certain labs in UC2, but I think they should be removed from any future labs.

I agree 100%. Kickbacks are extremely overpowered in the lab. It's ridiculously stupid. Anybody who has Kickback Endurance, Bargain and No Reload just flat out rape the opposing team. This completely destroys the way the specialness of the lab. Snipers only is fun because of the whole risk reward, live or die with each shot that's fired. Having a rapid fire one shot kill death machine that you don't need to aim and just unload all your ammo against someone who only gets basically ONE chance to kill you is just to harsh.

Also medals should save to your stats in the lab. Last night I had so many 5NA and streaks during the lab. Way more than I would normally get. It's devaluing the achievement of getting said medals. And using overpowered kickbacks only makes it easier to refill and keeps the streaks coming.

Kickbacks need to go ND! Okay do this. Go into Custom games and make it RPGs only and use Kickback Endurance, Bargain and No Reload. Look how stupid that is and realize that if its not changed that when it hits the lab how ridiculously stupid those "official" games will be.

Oh yea your right Rewrite. The lab makes leveling boosters stupidly easy. I went from Fleet foot silver to gold in like ten matches.

jett

D-Member
Pistole fucking blows.
T-Bolt fucking blows.

Militia man crazy-hilariousness is the only way to have fun in the lab to be honest. :lol

and seriously, good lord does the pistole blows, even militia-powered.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
The T-bolt doesn't blow. It's one of the greatest weapons in UC3. It feels so good getting a kill with it. Use this lab to get better at sniping.

The pistole is crazy overpowered with Militia Man. I've taken down 4 people with it in a row.

Kickbacks and boosters ruin this lab, IMO.

okay, while the inverted map glitch is interesting in terms of different layout and lighting, the reversed gun holding and the names/icons not staying where they should gets really confusing real fast.

My main beef is why they changed the weapon mechanics. I loved the way weapons felt in UC2. The bullet spread shooting was much better; you could just feel for the kill. Now with the crazy weapon recoil and the white dot, the bullets shoot out straight. the recoil causes the reticule to bounce around and you HAVE to have the little white dot directly on the enemy for it to hit.

Right now though as of 1.09 the game was much better. I only miss the graphics and feel of UC2 but UC3 MP is better to me now with all these modes and content. I play UC2 occasionally to cry but thats it.

So I just played my first game on a new map, and ran into that reverse weapon glitch. Man, is it disorienting, and the names of my teammates were lagging. Spent half the time shooting them thinking they were enemies. :/

Never change Uncharted MP.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
The reverse/inverted map glitch is fucking hilarious and AWFUL at the same time. It happened earlier today in TEAM OBJECTIVE of all things. Let me just say that Multi Marked Man was something else. :lol You could NOT fucking tell where the marked man was at ALL. It was so hilarious and frustrating. The map was Desert Village.

Ugh this game. I don't yell at my tv at all during Starhawk. Smooth as shit, with nothing retarded. Here, I have to deal with all sorts of algorithms that determine if I was more accurate or not, faster at ledge kicking, did I pick up a weapon or grenade or treasure or the idol, and am I quicker with my elbow? Hate this kind of shit.

And thanks for fucking me over for having to quit a borked game.

Mikey Jr.

The reverse/inverted map glitch is fucking hilarious and AWFUL at the same time. It happened earlier today in TEAM OBJECTIVE of all things. Let me just say that Multi Marked Man was something else. :lol You could NOT fucking tell where the marked man was at ALL. It was so hilarious and frustrating. The map was Desert Village.

Yep, just happened to me for the first time a few minutes ago on facility TDM.

For the first few seconds, muscle memory kicked in and tried to go to a specific place.

But as soon as I turned a corner, I was like "wait....what?"

Also, your guy looks like he has his shoulder view on the other side the whole time. It was aggravating. As well, some of your teammates dont have their names above their heads, so it looks like they are on the opposite team. Lots of FF happening.

Having said that, I do like the idea of mirrored maps as vote options.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
You've hated it right from the start. There's nothing new here.

Having said that, I do like the idea of mirrored maps as vote options.
Maybe they wouldn't be that horrible if the names, treasure icons, and other variables didn't lag.

Mikey Jr.

Maybe they wouldn't be that horrible if the names, treasure icons, and other variables didn't lag.

Obviously, lol. The way it is now sucks.

ND have said on the forums that it is NOT mirror mode though. So I'm not sure if they are lying or not.

They should have fixed this shit already though to be honest.

Well, before the doomsday changes in 2 and the summer beta for 3, the UC brand of online was amazing. Not so much now. With the BS I put up with, the flaws are goddamn glaring and it hurts my brain and heart.

Why do I get stuck on shit when I want to roll and vice versa? Why am I picking up a weapon instead of the idol/grenade/treasure? What sorcery is this that determines kicks and pulls? Still bugs the fuck out of me. A guy tonight in my last match, where I had to quit because fuckthisgame, jumped across a gap and pulled me over the ledge when he was in mid-air. Love this game.

Another match I couldn't jump out a window up on the airfield rooftop that is normally jump out a window-able and while trying 3 times laugh-raging at the BS, the structure blows up thanks to the non-audible, invisible plane. Yay!

BHK3

Banned
Well, before the doomsday changes in 2 and the summer beta for 3, the UC brand of online was amazing. Not so much now. With the BS I put up with, the flaws are goddamn glaring and it hurts my brain and heart.

Why do I get stuck on shit when I want to roll and vice versa? Why am I picking up a weapon instead of the idol/grenade/treasure? What sorcery is this that determines kicks and pulls? Still bugs the fuck out of me. A guy tonight in my last match, where I had to quit because fuckthisgame, jumped across a gap and pulled me over the ledge when he was in mid-air. Love this game.

Another match I couldn't jump out a window up on the airfield rooftop that is normally jump out a window-able and while trying 3 times laugh-raging at the BS, the structure blows up thanks to the non-audible, invisible plane. Yay!

Heh, I bitched about that stuff way back in 2, Bought 3 saw nothing was different and stopped playing it after 2 weeks. ND will never change or attempt to fix anything you just listed, they'll just keep tacking on more crap no one ever asked for.

Heh, I bitched about that stuff way back in 2, Bought 3 saw nothing was different and stopped playing it after 2 weeks. ND will never change or attempt to fix anything you just listed, they'll just keep tacking on more crap no one ever asked for.
Well when the game was bullshitless, I was able to ignore that stuff. But now I'm competing with everyone who switches to the newest cheap tactic/exploit, getting my rusty ass handed to me and now that stuff is working against me even harder. The game had all kinds of potential to be an Uncharted-like experience in an online world. Nope. Where's the hustle for treasure mode? Where are the more complicated co-op puzzles a la LBP? Neh, just fucking shoot people with various balance breaking bullshit options and call it a day.

well I finally went to finish this gamme, left off at chapter 5, got to chapter 7 and part of the level wouldnt load, supposed to jumo through an opening and land on the other side but its just a bottomless pit. Quit to the menu, tried to reload and now my game wont load, ring just spins. Searching the web it seems to be a fairly common thing that ND and Sony blamed on the individual users hardware...that all seemingly break at once...and only for this game

Top Bottom