• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

Eccocid

Eh i am done with U3 i think...still 2 chapters left but havent touched to it for over 2 weeks.
Online was fun but got starhawk now. Just gonna youtube ending and trade it for Dragons Dogma today.

jett

D-Member
oh dear lawd i just killed three bunched up campers one after another with militia-pistole. I spent like 10 bullets too. That was retardedly entertaining.

eloestmn

Got my first taste of the lab tonight and Ive never seen City of Brass get voted for so much.

Love to sneak up on someone whos aiming across the map with the t-bolt and aim the pistole at them for the quick head shot. Might as well be a free kill. :) I never really use the sniper rifles and stay away from the pistole normally but this is pretty fun. its odd because I thought it would suck worse than pre 1.11 plunder.

Has ND said how long each Lab will last?

Mikey Jr.

Got my first taste of the lab tonight and Ive never seen City of Brass get voted for so much.

Love to sneak up on someone whos aiming across the map with the t-bolt and aim the pistole at them for the quick head shot. Might as well be a free kill. :) I never really use the sniper rifles and stay away from the pistole normally but this is pretty fun. its odd because I thought it would suck worse than pre 1.11 plunder.

Has ND said how long each Lab will last?

A week I believe.

I think it changes this Friday.

jett

D-Member
dat broken ass pistole

iby4TKRLbGATeU.gif

It's funny how this shows not only how broken it is with militia man, but what a piece of shit it is still. I had to fire like 10 shots to kill two people with it. :lol Look at dat god awful blindfiring this thing has, really the worst weapon in the entire game for me.

Mr. Fix

^ The hell was Salim doing?!

Also why not keep Snipers along with the new one? Aren't we supposed to be voting for maps & types?

jett

D-Member
^ The hell was Salim doing?!

Running around like a chicken with its head cut off!

Also why not keep Snipers along with the new one? Aren't we supposed to be voting for maps & types?

They always replace the lab completely, for reasons beyond my comprehension. For a few weeks the lab on UC2 had a rotating playlist, which was AWESOME, but then some "smart" guy at ND decided to kill that and put a static hardcore deathmatch lab playlist, which is where it has been stuck at for well over a year. :|

Darkatomz

dat broken ass pistole

iby4TKRLbGATeU.gif

It's funny how this shows not only how broken it is with militia man, but what a piece of shit it is still. I had to fire like 10 shots to kill two people with it. Look at dat god awful blindfiring this thing has, really the worst weapon in the entire game for me.
Christ, is this what the game has stooped to these days?

Pranay

01 (01) [PCD] Diablo III (Activision Blizzard)
02 (02) [PS3] Max Payne 3 (Take-Two Interactive)
03 (NE) [360] Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (Ubisoft)
04 (05) [PS3] Uncharted 3 - Drake's Deception (Sony Computer Entertainment)
05 (NE) [PS3] Dragon's Dogma (Capcom Europe)

uncharted 3 love in germany

Mikey Jr.

01 (01) [PCD] Diablo III (Activision Blizzard)
02 (02) [PS3] Max Payne 3 (Take-Two Interactive)
03 (NE) [360] Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (Ubisoft)
04 (05) [PS3] Uncharted 3 - Drake's Deception (Sony Computer Entertainment)
05 (NE) [PS3] Dragon's Dogma (Capcom Europe)

uncharted 3 love in germany

Why the sudden boost all of a sudden? The game is like 7 months old.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I would seriously love to know how in the fuck this game handles "balacing" teams. C'mon arne, ND. Explain this bullshit balancing system already. it does NOT balance the teams. It has never done it and it probably never will. Do player's stats come in to play when matchmaking balances the teams? I always get the worst of the worst while the people with OK stats get placed on the same fucking team.

hao chi

If any of those trophies are added, I probably won't get most of them. It'll be like Uncharted 2 where there's trophies I would have unlocked if they were there shortly after launch, but since they probably aren't retroactive I will never get them.

If that list is true though (there's some doubts since it's Fadi), it's funny there's no Tricky medal this time around. I guess even ND realizes how broken shooting from ledges is in this game.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Just a heads up:

If you log in to the MP and it asks you to accept the terms of condition or whatever, don't accept them because it will reset your stats. You'll be reset to level 1 just like if you were going to play the MP for the first time. If you get the message, turn off your PS3 and reconnect again until you don't get it.

Reason I'm posting this is because this issue is becoming widespread to people on the ND forums after the latest patch.

jett

D-Member
Just a heads up:

If you log in to the MP and it asks you to accept the terms of condition or whatever, don't accept them because it will reset your stats. You'll be reset to level 1 just like if you were going to play the MP for the first time. If you get the message, turn off your PS3 and reconnect again until you don't get it.

Reason I'm posting this is because this issue is becoming widespread to people on the ND forums after the latest patch.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

ugh man what is wrong with ND

iLLmAtlc

Just a heads up:

...wow.

Just a heads up:

I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

Kanguro

Neo Member
I bought the first fashback map pack and I want my money back. Seriously. How do I get my money back? Oh, welcome to the digital era were companies can fuck you over and there's no one to return things to.

I want someone from ND to go into their servers and tell me how many games I've managed to play on the new maps I bought. My ID is KangUK. Tell me it's more than 15.

I'm seriously OK with balancing issues and whatnot because that's par for the course for all online games, but the complete and utter uselessness of the Map packs is just bullshit.

ND give me my money back I don't want these map packs. Who do I complain to?

jett

D-Member
I bought the first fashback map pack and I want my money back. Seriously. How do I get my money back? Oh, welcome to the digital era were companies can fuck you over and there's no one to return things to.

I want someone from ND to go into their servers and tell me how many games I've managed to play on the new maps I bought. My ID is KangUK. Tell me it's more than 15.

I'm seriously OK with balancing issues and whatnot because that's par for the course for all online games, but the complete and utter uselessness of the Map packs is just bullshit.

You're screwed. Or rather, ND screwed you. You need to buy the other map packs to be properly matched with other DLC-equippled players.

Mr. Fix

There's a table for the matchmaking on ND's forums somewhere. But if you only bought the first pack, you're not gonna end up playing them. You'll still be in the default pool.

Kanguro

Neo Member
I think there's certain expectation that you can have when purchasing software of what you might have to put up with (bugs, etc.), but this is plain ridiculous. I feel like I'm waiting for some kind of one in a million drop in a MMORPG.

I'm actually going to write ND's customer service department (do they have one?) a letter asking for my money back. I'll update you guys on how / if they reply.

hao chi

The amount of times this rank reset glitch keeps returning is gradually becoming hilarious.

The wait times in matchmaking would be incredibly long (as in, you might not even get it a match) for you if you were limited to just being matched with players who also only have the FB1 map pack, so that's why they don't even attempt it.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I hope you do get your money back.

The way ND set up the player pool for DLC is fucked up. People like you who purchased only the FB map packs are fucking screwed. Even with the Drake's Deception pack, you'll still HARDLY ever play them because only the DD maps show in the rotation. Ridiculous.

The PlayStation Store description needs to be changed immediately.

A possible solution would be to have 4 maps available to vote...that way there's variety since there's too many maps. 2 for selection does NOT cut it at all especially since the DD maps are at a much higher priority of being in the rotation than the FB pack. Hell, I'd be satisfied if it was just 3 maps for selection to start things out.

hao chi

I hope you do get your money back.

The way ND set up the player pool for DLC is fucked up. People like you who purchased only the FB map packs are fucking screwed. Even with the Drake's Deception pack, you'll still HARDLY ever play them because only the DD maps show in the rotation. Ridiculous.

The PlayStation Store description needs to be changed immediately.

A possible solution would be to have 4 maps available to vote...that way there's variety since there's too many maps. 2 for selection does NOT cut it at all. Hell, I'd be satisfied if it was just 3 maps for selection to start things out.

I don't think they should have sold the maps separately to begin with. It should have been obvious to ND people who didn't have all the map packs would very rarely get to play them. Even with Halo 2 and it's much larger player base, Bungie realized everyone would need the maps for matchmaking to work properly.

It sucks for the people who bought just one or two map packs expecting they would get to play the maps though.

They shouldn't have sold the maps to begin with. Competitive Maps should be FREE for everyone, just like in Starhawk.

They should charge for things that do NOT split the Competitive player pool (i.e. skins, weapons, customization, colours, Co-op maps etc.) <-- let's just hope for Uncharted 4

I am afraid that they won't refund you, because technically speaking the maps are still available in Custom Game. I know that's a BS answer, but so was the "Fort Co-op is a map pack" fiasco. :(

iLLmAtlc

I think ND has shown to be very nice people over the years. Maybe if you shoot them an email and explain how you had no idea you would have no chance of playing the maps they might be able to offer you something to try and make things right?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
In an ideal world, that would be the standard tapantaola. Unfortunately, we'll never see that become the standard in consoles nor do I see Naughty Dog giving out free maps in their future multiplayer games.

All DLC maps do is split the community and fragment it into smaller player pools. eventually, people won't even play the DLC and stick to default. Hey, that's what happened in UC2. What a surprise.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Robert Cogburn recently asked the community about what they should do with the broken stats system, so here's a poll:

http://community.us.playstation.com/polls/1712
Ugh.

No thanks. I worked hard for my stats, specifically my Team Objective (almost 200k!) points. Blood, sweat, and rage were had for them and they're thinking of resetting them just because some people cheated the system because of Naughty Dog's incompentence? Fuck that.

I'm not really surprised by the results of the poll. Eye roll worthy. Just like I'm pretty sure each member of the ND forum will start bitching when there's hundreds of threads being created of why their stats were reset.

Instead of focusing on stats, ND should be fixing the technical issues that are STILL on this fucking game first.

Top Bottom