• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyuga

Banned
Kusagari said:
This describes Uncharted perfectly to me. It feels so 'manufactured' that it turns me off. Everything in it is good, but I'd argue nothing except the graphics and voice acting is top notch. Uncharted's combat is nothing special to me. It's good, great even but nothing about it feels memorable.

thuway said:
I can just see Patrick Klepeck smiling as he steals this quote for his inevitable 7.9.
I would have definitely seen that happening if he was reviewing the game but I'm glad it's Brad who is reviewing it but during GOTY awards, I'm pretty sure that exact statement will come up.

jackb2424

Banned
Im sorry Shameless but I think you should quit gaming if you can't see why Uncharted is one of the best things about this generation. Name these other games that have superior shooting mechanics. I love RE4 but come on, you can't even move and shoot and nothing ever shoot backs at you. Its a totally different game and cannot be compared. Uncharted is about taking you on adventure. A roller coaster of pure awesomeness. I watched the launch trailer and literally had goose bumps. I've been gaming since the 80's and this is what I dreamed the future of gaming would look like. A game that goes beyond what a video game can be. Uncharted is at the top of the mountain right now and at this moment nothing can topple it. Whether it be the story, the gameplay, the graphics, or the characters Naughty Dogs deliver these elements at the highest quality I have ever seen. As for an identity crisis I think you're are completely wrong. Video games can be more than stats and multi-player. It should be able to bring you into their world and care about whats happening on the screen. Uncharted, to me, is that summer blockbuster movie that cannot be missed. Its my Dark Knight of this gen. November 1st will be glorious!

Kandinsky

Man ND are incredible, can't wait till this generation is over and they can finally move to something else, Uncharted games do nothing for me.

Pranay_ said:
Some one released a desert screenshot [camera ]

http://www.gamereactor.se/media/forum/se/6757449_29.jpg

Holyshit

zl4K0.gif

squidyj

highluxury said:
Oooooh boy... uncharted fanatics and their crazy photoshop skills.

Also their limited ability to proofread.

"Naughty Dog's latest installment brought Nathan more realistic than ever"

what

nib95 said:
Amazing shop.
But no way Drake is that ripped.
Maybe everything bar the six pack lol.
Constantly running,climbing tall ass buildings, fighting all the time and gripping even the most slippery ledges and you don't think he is that ripped? wut

chri5t

nib95 said:
Amazing shop. But no way Drake is that ripped. Maybe everything bar the six pack lol.

Ya seriously, what? For all the platforming he does, he would HAVE to have a freakishly amazing core. A six-pack is something that he would definitively have...

FinalD

SuperSonic1305 said:
The worst thing about Uncharted 3 is that it's almost too good.
Some review: "It's TOO good, we can't have that. 7.5/10"

AgentChris said:
I wish that was actually in the game. It would be awesome to walk around as shirtless Drake in his apartment/house.
Having threesomes with Elena and Chloe. Unlockable co-op mode I'm sure.

Ricky_R

upJTboogie said:
Aw, I'll be in class when the fireworks go off.

You can't leave IGN open in your cellphone and refresh it ninja style at 9 a.m.?

Edit: Ahh... I guess you mean that you won't be able to be here reading and commenting. Carry on.

Greg

I think my only issue with the series so far is that the platforming is too easy and there's no risk/rush that comes from it. The 'exploration' parts end up being nothing more than nice set pieces to look at while you jam X and hold the stick in different directions.

I know I'll love the game regardless, but I haven't seen any footage that indicates otherwise for UC3.

IGN has been giving out a lot 9.5's, would they give a 10 to UC3? (If the game deserved it)

And, anyone know who is doing the review?

DaBuddaDa

roman2003h said:
Is that good? Scores really don't mean anything without context. :)
No, a 9/10 means it's really mediocre.

The point of a score is to give context. That is why scores exist. The score is the context. You're thinking about it completely backwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom