• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 street date broken as thieves steal copies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, what? Dude, freaking where is this launch event? I got to go there!!

13015276_601246186695049_5678642831493622342_n.jpg

Sunway,

That being said, to enter the launch event on the 9th, you gotta get a pre-order UC4 from a participating retailer to get the entry ticket. 10th onwards is open to public.

Guy local to me is selling his copy for £90 although admits buying from CEX which means he's flipping it for profit. Tempting but really I think I can wait another week now.

Javin98

Banned
13015276_601246186695049_5678642831493622342_n.jpg

Sunway,

That being said, to enter the launch event on the 9th, you gotta get a pre-order UC4 from a participating retailer to get the entry ticket. 10th onwards is open to public.
Ugh, hype deflated. I'm starting my college life on Thursday and my campus is in Glenmarie, Shah Alam. Unless I'm mistaken, that's not too far from Sunway Pyramid. But since I need to pre order, meh. I'll just get a copy after the launch event. I suppose you're going? :p

Ugh, hype deflated. I'm starting my college life on Thursday and my campus is in Glenmarie, Shah Alam. Unless I'm mistaken, that's not too far from Sunway Pyramid. But since I need to pre order, meh. I'll just get a copy after the launch event. I suppose you're going? :p

Yeah.

I wanted to go digital at first, but I wanna see how big of a marketing campaign this is.

It's not as if I'm not dreading it... I live an hour away from Sunway lol... Driving back for an hour at midnight is not my idea of safety.

Javin98

Banned
Yeah.

I wanted to go digital at first, but I wanna see how big of a marketing campaign this is.
Lucky you. I'm so jelly. Perhaps I'll go after the launch event. The marketing for this game is crazy in Malaysia. I've never seen a AAA game being this big.

Edit: Haha, have a safe trip! :) I'll see if anyone in my course wants to attend as well. I'm taking up Game Development, so there's bound to be a few who are interested.

Skele7on

Banned
Now you have had some time to think about it, do you still rate it above TLOU?

I still rate the game so much still better IMO,
had an interesting chat with my buddy about it.
This game is really a sandbox for you to create awesome moments,
he stayed back more and found the pace a bit meh on normal,
I on the other hand was swinging round on a swing rope with a machine gun taking names left and right....

The game offers a sandbox for you to pull off some ridiculous things, GO BALLS OUT and that way it feels more uncharted it feels like atm.

Super interesting I think these reviews going to be awesome.

Slaythe

Impressions sound amazing except for playing 4 hours and there being almost no action. Think about the replays god damn

I'll take slower paced "replays" over shitty waves successions that never end like Uncharted and TLOU trademarks awful pacing for most of their chapters.

:/

I want it to feel like an organic adventure, if you want gunfights every two seconds then go play the multiplayer.

zsynqx

I still rate the game so much still better IMO,
had an interesting chat with my buddy about it.
This game is really a sandbox for you to create awesome moments,
he stayed back more and found the pace a bit meh on normal,
I on the other hand was swinging round on a swing rope with a machine gun taking names left and right....

The game offers a sandbox for you to pull off some ridiculous things, GO BALLS OUT and that way it feels more uncharted it feels like atm.

Super interesting I think these reviews going to be awesome.

Cool, thanks.

Skele7on

Banned
I will openly admit, whilst playing and swing on a rope I was shouting

"come get some drake fuq bois" before dismounting and throwing three grenades at some big ol' brutish guys they died stole BIG GUN madness continued.

silva1991

It worked with TLOU but I think old Uncharteds were more fun on normal, but U4 takes a lot of things from TLOU's combat so I don't know...

This. Hard worked with TLOU, but Uncharted games were already BS sometimes on normal against those waves of enemies let alone hard. and I'm not even talking about teh armored gank squads.

rob305

Well, never mind then lol

I never replay games. Never replayed any UC game. Only replayed my absolute favorite games. In the last years I think i've only replayed Far Cry 3, Tomb Raider Reboot, Infamous SS, GTA5 remastered, and TLOU remastered halfway through.

With Uncharted 4 I already want to replay it while I'm actually playing through it for the first time. Its just so much fun.

I want it to feel like an organic adventure, if you want gunfights every two seconds then go play the multiplayer.

There's an extraordinarily wide margin between wanting some action in a 4 hour stretch and wanting gunfights every 2 seconds lol. I want good pacing, I'm not much of a multiplayer guy.

hlhbk

Was the stolen version the UK version with English cover? I am trying to ensure the copy I am getting wasn't stolen.

I can't wait!! It's getting here before 3!!

I met the guy. I have really high doubts they weren't stolen

Why are you saying this?

I messaged the guy on EBay he said the stolen copies were the UK versions with English language on the cover. He said he bought these from his friend who was going to sell these in South America but won't be making the trip. He implied they weren't stolen. I sent him another pm asking if his friend bought these from a trusted mom and pop or major store and I am yet to get a response.

Can anyone who dealt with this version or this guy confirm these are not one of the stolen copies?

Have any of the early impression folks played it on Hard? How is it?

My copy arrives today and I'm debating between Normal and Hard.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I can't believe this game is EXACTLY what I was hoping for (from the impressions so far)

I wanted a slower run in so that I could get a feel for the characters. I wanted a more grounded experience in order to give me a true sense of drama and peril. I wanted TLOU levels of production and animations. I wanted THOSE GRAPHICS.

Thanks you ND.

Ricky_R

Impressions sound amazing except for playing 4 hours and there being almost no action. Think about the replays god damn

Those are among my favorite moments in ND games. Which is why I'm #TeamSummer in TLOU.

I just enjoy their world building and pace setting so much. They can be annoying for replays though, I agree.

Those are among my favorite moments in ND games. Which is why I'm #TeamSummer in TLOU.

I just enjoy their world building and pace setting so much. They can be annoying for replays though, I agree.

Don't get me wrong, I love that stuff too (although 4 hours of it sounded like it was pushing it) but I was purely thinking about replays where I find that the opening of the games become a little tedious.

But thankfully it seems I needn't have worried in the first place.

zsynqx

Early summer was a bit of a slog though. The whole transporting Ellie for guns plot wasn't that interesting and gameplay wise it was fairly dull. The game gets good at Bill's Town, when you see Ellie and Joel's relationship start to grow.

Left Behind on the other hand. That is no action gameplay done right.

Have no stores other than the one CEX broken the date then? I was kinda hoping one or two would follow suit. No such thing as an mom and pops game store left here in the town I'm in and hasn't been for years. The wait is killing me :(

Early summer was a bit of a slog though. The whole transporting Ellie for guns plot wasn't that interesting and gameplay wise it was fairly dull. The game gets good at Bill's Town, when you see Ellie and Joel's relationship start to grow.

Yeah I'm hoping for more stuff like the Halloween store. Like you can spend a ton of time in there interacting with all the awesome stuff but on subsequent playthroughs you can spend as much or as little time in there as you want.

Hey, have you got your copy yet?

No, the tracking hasn't updated since last night around 6 p.m. when it arrived at the origin sorting facility. It says it's on its way to the destination. It's supposed to be here by 12 (2 hours and 33 minutes!) and USPS is notoriously spotty with updating tracking info, so I'm not worried yet.

Skele7on

Banned

I played on normal and you got to have a lot of fun on it.

I found when trying a couple chapters out on hard it becomes a lot slower paces as you get taken out fairly damn quickly. I would play normal then go back on crushing.

1 week! now for time to slow down

actually i have an assignemnt due on the friday (13th) so i assume time will go normally

RIP that assignment

Ricky_R

I still enjoyed it... It was a nice setback after the intense intro. It felt like the calm before the storm, and it was also great to absorb the world ND built. They did a fine job introducing it to us, imo.

I just thought that moment between the intro and Bill's town really set the pace for me.

hlhbk

No, the tracking hasn't updated since last night around 6 p.m. when it arrived at the origin sorting facility. It says it's on its way to the destination. It's supposed to be here by 12 (2 hours and 33 minutes!) and USPS is notoriously spotty with updating tracking info, so I'm not worried yet.

Are you not concerned this could be one of the stolen copies. If not why?

AKyemeni

Mine just arrived at the local facility about 22 minutes away from me. I can smell the packed nitrogen in the case from here.

I'm sure you can power through it in about an hour. I took my sweet ass time taking pics and stuff. BTW when I say action I mean traditional Uncharted gun fights, you do all sorts of other stuff.

I played on normal and you got to have a lot of fun on it.

I found when trying a couple chapters out on hard it becomes a lot slower paces as you get taken out fairly damn quickly. I would play normal then go back on crushing.

RIP that assignment

Thanks for the impressions. Normal it is.

Seems decent enough. I can't be stupid in firefights. The screen goes black and white pretty fast which actually pisses me off cause it's so beautiful I want to see it colorful all the time. I've died quite a few times though admittedly sometimes on purpose just to play the section again. There was one legitimite tough section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom