• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 street date broken as thieves steal copies

Status
Not open for further replies.
The big issue is release dates get broken in those countries as well. The floodgates are already open and people are paying premiums just to play it first. I'm not gonna lie if the price of the Ebay copy was just 20-30 bucks cheaper Id buy it right now.
The amount of people getting early copies pale in comparison to when release day hits.

zkorejo

Really cant decide if I should start at Hard or Normal. SplasherJPC said Normal should be the way to go in order to experience it without getting frustrated but Hard sounds fun in MiamiWesker's impressions.

The big issue is release dates get broken in those countries as well. The floodgates are already open and people are paying premiums just to play it first. I'm not gonna lie if the price of the Ebay copy was just 20-30 bucks cheaper Id buy it right now.

I can only speak for Malaysia, but I've searched for copies this whole weekend, and I can't get it early. :(

Also, when you look at on scale, we're looking at what? A max of probably 50,000 early copies?

This game will sell in day one over a million copies easily, and more reasonably more than 2 million in a week.

We're talking a 2.5% here at best.

Tagg9

Really cant decide if I should start at Hard or Normal. SplasherJPC said Normal should be the way to go in order to experience it without getting frustrated but Hard sounds fun in MiamiWesker's impressions.

Do you need to complete Hard to unlock Crushing?

GnawtyDog

Banned

Always go hard with ND games. Never fails.

m4st4

Am I allowed to cry now? Proud, manly tears? But wait my shift just started and I'll look like a mess... damn you, early players and your impressions!

Radec

I can only speak for Malaysia, but I've searched for copies this whole weekend, and I can't get it early. :(

Also, when you look at on scale, we're looking at what? A max of probably 50,000 early copies?

This game will sell in day one over a million copies easily, and more reasonably more than 2 million in a week.

We're talking a 2.5% here at best.

Im in Malaysia too and no sight of Drake aswell.

hlhbk

So the thread title has me confused. Are the copies of the game in the wild stolen or legit? For instance the copies being sold on EBay?

SilentFlyer

So the thread title has me confused. Are the copies of the game in the wild stolen or legit? For instance the copies being sold on EBay?

Copies in UK were stolen and then sold them off eBay. They are certainly PAL version. However, US/NTSC versions seems legit. Someone got them early and selling them on US eBay probably.

Shin-chan

Any UK Gaffer hear of places shipping, please let me know. I will be trying to keep a look out today at work too.

I can't believe people are selling them used on eBay for well over £100. I suppose at least the thieves have good taste?

hlhbk

Copies in UK were stolen and then sold them off eBay. They are certainly PAL version. However, US/NTSC versions seems legit. Someone got them early and selling them on US eBay probably.

I bought a copy of the game on eBay that is arriving tomorrow. The case is in what appears to be in Spanish. I just want to make sure its legit and I won't get in trouble With Sony for playing it?

thuway

I bought a copy of the game on eBay that is arriving tomorrow. The case is in what appears to be in Spanish. I just want to make sure its legit and I won't get in trouble With Sony for playing it?
If you don't mind how much did u pay for it?

m4st4

Every copy of the game is 'legit', however I'm not sure Sony can actually track specific ones from the stolen batch, and probably won't since it's too late already.

Ishan

Its crazy the amount of work that studios outsource. It makes sense in the end. But like you said, its true. Japanese developers outsource to India and China since its so darn cheap compared to other countries. They can get so much content for real cheap. This doesn't escape many developers tbh. At least the big ones.

This is an issue because ? If the art quality is on par what's the issue ? ( Cause if not we can go down the road of pay 90 100 for a game a pop )

They still couldn't get it as right as RDR.

In the sense rdr was earlier in the gen . and btw we OUTSOURCE too to Vietnam etc . It's capitalism way it works .

hlhbk

Every copy of the game is 'legit', however I'm not sure Sony can actually track specific ones from the stolen batch, and probably won't since it's too late already.

Was the stolen version the UK version with English cover? I am trying to ensure the copy I am getting wasn't stolen.

haikira

Anyone else who's got the game early, can you confirm something? I've been getting trophy notifications on the top left as I've been playing, but I can't actually view my trophies for the game, nor does my number of trophies seem to have increased since before I started playing. This happening for any of you guys, and if so, does anyone know if they've actually unlocked, or just appeared to have?

Do you need to complete Hard to unlock Crushing?

I unlocked crushing when I completed moderate (normal). At least it's not greyed out for me any more, but I haven't actually tried using it.

Gurish

After the dissapointments that were other new sequels in franchises this gen, like Batman, MGSV, etc. This one is worth the hype and totally blew me away and my expectations. :)

People are too harsh on Batman, yea some bad Batmobile sections, and yea side content wasn't so good for most part but overall the campaign was great and worthy of a Batman title.

But yea I can understand how some can see it as disappointing after AC, I just still enjoyed it, now MGS5 though... oh man :(

Anyway just read the last 6 pages, impressions are unreal, reminds me of the U2 days. 7 days.

Always go hard with ND games. Never fails.

It worked with TLOU but I think old Uncharteds were more fun on normal, but U4 takes a lot of things from TLOU's combat so I don't know...

DKHF

Anyone else who's got the game early, can you confirm something? I've been getting trophy notifications on the top left as I've been playing, but I can't actually view my trophies for the game, nor does my number of trophies seem to have increased since before I started playing. This happening for any of you guys, and if so, does anyone know if they've actually unlocked, or just appeared to have?
I haven't got the game but from what I've heard from media people when they are playing a game pre-release and they can't view their trophies for that game, trophies just haven't been added to Sony's server yet. Sorry if that's not clear, I forget how exactly they phrase it but basically Sony hasn't officially let the trophies go live. It's why the trophies can't be viewed on sites like PSN Profiles yet.

eso76

haha that's not fair man!!

It is ! I can do that until embargo lifts !
But it appears I had already updated it to 94. Although that still seems a tad low right now...
I will leave it as it is, but 96 is definitely possible going by the impressions.

zsynqx

It is ! I can do that until embargo lifts !
But it appears I had already updated it to 94. Although that still seems a tad low right now...
I will leave it as it is, but 96 is definitely possible going by the impressions.

It's cool. Think I'm sticking with my 93.

Radec

I unlocked crushing when I completed moderate (normal). At least it's not greyed out for me any more, but I haven't actually tried using it.

So just like the past 3 uncharteds. Thanks.

Gonna go for the same route I did,
Normal for the first experience, then Crushing for the challenge(Plat)

Just a heads up for anyone who bought the Spanish NTSC version. If you want to recoup some money, sell the multiplayer booster pack code. You can sell it for at least $10.

As mentioned, this is because the trophies are not on the servers yet. They are earned, however, so once they're live they'll since and be viewable.

People are too harsh on Batman, yea some bad Batmobile sections, and yea side content wasn't so good for most part but overall the campaign was great and worthy of a Batman title.

But yea I can understand how some can see it as disappointing after AC, I just still enjoyed it, now MGS5 though... oh man :(

Anyway just read the last 6 pages, impressions are unreal, reminds me of the U2 days. 7 days.

It worked with TLOU but I think old Uncharteds were more fun on normal, but U4 takes a lot of things from TLOU's combat so I don't know...

I'm not saying those games were shit, I did have fun with them, but it's obvious most of the killer sequels have just been not up to people expectations. I fully think even now, some will say UC 4 wasn't as good as they hoped, but I'm willing to bet that will be much less then these other recent blockbusters that didn't live up to their pedigree. Batman had an over abundance of batmobile, dissapointing boss battles, and tank of course. MGS V basically was incomplete, repeated the intro, some questionable chapter issues, and just came off as an incomplete game at the eND of the day. I think in terms like this. UC4, really succeeds in moving it's franchise forward (even if it's the last) and didn't dissapoint me at all. Just left me with some very minor elements to bring up. Uncharted 4 is one of the best games I've ever had the pleasure of playing and the best third person shooter adventure game in my eyes.

So now that they've opened the world up do the tresures have any significance beyond trophies? That's always bugged me about the series. I still try to find the damn things because they are there but by halfway through the game that becomes tedious. Now with a larger area to explore I can really see it getting dull if nothing is tied to it.

Javin98

Banned
Plenty of places in areas like Taiwan, HK, Malaysia and Singapore are doing big scale launch events and roadshows.

Those plans would be really fucked with a release date reshuffling this late in the cycle.
Wait, what? Dude, freaking where is this launch event? I got to go there!!

Haha, me too. Couldn't find any in my region either. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom