• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 street date broken as thieves steal copies

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkorejo

FoxesSocks has just updated his progression and said that he's actually 16 hours into the game. He said that he took his time, explored, and searched for treasures. He's almost at the end based on the chapters count, but I won't say more.

Another guy claimed to have finished the game in about 11 hours. He said that he didn't explore much and haven't collected treasures and collectibles.

Both time don't count cutscenes.

Nice.. thanks for sharing that information.

The way I play my games, I am sure this will be atleast 15 hours for me. Maybe even slightly more because this time I am planning to start on hard and look for every treasure.

FoxesSocks has just updated his progression and said that he's actually 16 hours into the game. He said that he took his time, explored, and searched for treasures. He's almost at the end based on the chapters count, but I won't say more.

Another guy claimed to have finished the game in about 11 hours. He said that he didn't explore much and haven't collected treasures and collectibles.

That is very good time.

nib95

Banned
Highest quality cutscene in ideal lighting vs gameplay in much worse lighting. Gameplay model tweaked in colour balance to show white hairs better. Obviously I couldn't match them up perfectly as the facial expressions are different, but you get the gist. To me it seems clear the models are actually the same, it's just the lighting that makes the significant difference. Hopefully we get some gameplay close ups in more ideal lighting.

TacheGIF_2.gif~original

EyeBrowGIF.gif~original

Eye.gif~original

Kolx

Well at least we have something now to looking forward to an all-digital future. No more leaks, no more assholes that can spoil us, no more robberies because of a video game and no more scalpers. Everyone gets the game when Sony/MS/Nintendo push the button globally. What a great time this will be. See ya in 2030.

Except when someone at Sony fucks up and release the game at PSN before release and people manage to download it b4 it gets taken down.

Yeah... don't try and judge how long the game is based on chapter progression. Some are much longer then others.

Someone asked about verticality in battles. Yes, especially as the game opens up to larger batttles, you have people up above ledges, down below, sometimes coming from behind, add in the grapple and yeah... it's pretty obvious I think ;)

what about their opinions about the game ?

zsynqx

Yeah... don't try and judge how long the game is based on chapter progression. Some are much longer then others.

Someone asked about verticality in battles. Yes, especially as the game opens up to larger batttles, you have people up above ledges, down below, sometimes coming from behind, add in the grapple and yeah... it's pretty obvious I think ;)

Still enjoying the game?

Also, does the stealth work well?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Highest quality cutscene in ideal lighting vs gameplay in much worse lighting. Gameplay model tweaked in colour balance to show white hairs better. Obviously I couldn't match them up perfectly as the facial expressions are different, but you get the gist. To me it seems clear the models are actually the same, it's just the lighting that makes the significant difference. Hopefully we get some gameplay close ups in more ideal lighting.

TacheGIF_2.gif~original

EyeBrowGIF.gif~original

indiana-jones-popcornlsjrv.gif

Still enjoying the game?

Also, does the stealth work well?

Hit chapter 10 last night and stopped. Yes... Def still enjoying it. It's been quite amazing so far. Some very decent puzzles too. More in line with part 3 puzzle style.

Also yes lots or opprtunity for stealth or guns blazing depending on what the player wants to do.

Two pieces of information I'm wondering if early thieves have mentioned anything about:

1) About how long is the campaign? NVM: Literally just answered...
2) Is the aiming or anything else busted/in need of a patch?

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Hit chapter 10 last night and stopped. Yes... Def still enjoying it. It's been quite amazing so far. Some very decent puzzles too. More in line with part 3 puzzle style.

Also yes lots or opprtunity for stealth or guns blazing depending on what the player wants to do.

So stealth is fully integrated?

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
??? Sorry what does that mean? Lol

Guessing 9 and 10s

I changed it because I thought you wouldn't understand what I meant :)

There would always be a cutscene to join two sequences but because this uses real time rendering I'm wondering if those cutscenes are now playable.

Gurish

TacheGIF_2.gif~original

EyeBrowGIF.gif~original

Eye.gif~original

Facial hair is the same you're right.

But eyebrow, seems fuller in the cut scene model, more hair strains.
Eye geometry is also different, is this also because of lighting?

I'm scared to click on that easter egg thread for fear of spoilers. Is there any way somebody could give me the gist of it without ruining anything?

Because I read that title and immediately thought of Crash! lol

TacheGIF_2.gif~original

EyeBrowGIF.gif~original
As I said earlier this just bad direct frontlighting (red hue making it 10x worse) vs angled/sidelight. Makes huge difference in real world photography too.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I'm scared to click on that easter egg thread for fear of spoilers. Is there any way somebody could give me the gist of it without ruining anything?

Don't click anywhere in that thread. I thought I'd be safe clicking on the last comment but alas I was wrong. This is on me though, I knew I was taking a risk.

Like most Easter Eggs in games, this one has nothing to do with Uncharted 4. If your worried about spoiling yourself on UC4, looking at the Easter Egg won't do that.

Edit: It's probably for the best if you have someone tell you what it is, if you don't want to go into the thread.

As I said earlier this just bad direct frontlighting (red hue making it 10x worse) vs angled/sidelight. Makes huge difference in real world photography too.
People don't know how to take close up pictures with proper lighting. Sorry but that close up one is horrible, it needs to be shot in a better location to show the model off better.

Gurish

Like most Easter Eggs in games, this one has nothing to do with Uncharted 4. If your worried about spoiling yourself on UC4, looking at the Easter Egg won't do that.

Edit: It's probably for the best if you have someone tell you what it is, if you don't want to go into the thread.

I thought the same but you're wrong, the pic shows something that does spoil U4, why people keep saying it doesn't?

I won't spoiler tag but if you seen it you know what it is.

It was one of the reasons of why I was pissed after someone revealed it here by mistake, I went to that thread, thinking it's only related to that topic like some people said and I was surprised to see it wasn't and that pic ruined another surprise.

Have yet to see a screenshot of his face this close. This is better lighting:

ZaoLoe.jpg

This is from the gameplay unveil. Hoping for a proper close up picture

Well shit, now I don't know what to do.

Just answer me this one question then and I'll leave it alone - is this easter egg possibly referring to a future Naughty Dog production?

I thought the same but you're wrong, the pic shows something that does spoil U4, why people keep saying it doesn't?

I won't spoiler tag but if you seen it you know what it is.

It was one of the reasons of why I was pissed after someone revealed it here by mistake, I went to that thread, thinking it's only related to that topic like some people said and I was surprised to see it wasn't and that pic ruined another surprise.

Must've missed it then. I was on mobile yesterday and I saw the pic real small like.

Just answer me this one question then and I'll leave it alone - is this easter egg possibly referring to a future Naughty Dog production?

WARNING EASTER EGG ANSWER
!!!
.............maybe?.........

Gurish

Because I'd already spoilt it for myself, I decided to go all in and take a look at the pic:

DO NOT THINK THE PIC IS ALL THIS SPOILS! There's a huge spoiler that no one has mentioned or I assume noticed.

Exactly, I made the same mistake, went over there thinking it's the only spoiler, but there was a bigger spoiler in that pic there, something that was 10 times worse.

I just saw the pic again. Meh, I think that's a bit of an overreaction given the series history. And certainly nothing that comes as a surprise given the story trailer.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Exactly, I made the same mistake, went over there thinking it's the only spoiler, but there was a bigger spoiler in that pic there, something that was 10 times worse.

Yes, it's something I'd already considered anyway but for those who haven't STAY AWAY!

Onaco

Since I'm curious about the Easter Egg too, which chapter number is it in so I don't miss it? Is it easy to miss? Please use a spoiler tag for those who don't want the chapter number spoiled.

Gurish

If you want I can PM you the Easter Egg spoiler without spoiling the game itself, I don't think it ruins much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom