• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 street date broken as thieves steal copies

Status
Not open for further replies.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Since I'm curious about the Easter Egg too, which chapter number is it in so I don't miss it? Is it easy to miss? Please use a spoiler tag for those who don't want the chapter number spoiled.

Please, nobody answer this. It would solidify the spoiler. Come on people, think.

Because I'd already spoilt it for myself, I decided to go all in and take a look at the pic:

DO NOT THINK THE PIC IS ALL THIS SPOILS! There's a huge spoiler that no one has mentioned or I assume noticed.

Exactly, I made the same mistake, went over there thinking it's the only spoiler, but there was a bigger spoiler in that pic there, something that was 10 times worse.

WTF are you guys talking about? I didn't see anything else. There's not enough detail in the picture to make out anything else. If you did, it's speculation.

If you want I can PM you the Easter Egg spoiler without spoiling the game itself, I don't think it ruins much.

Nah leave it, I'll just wait until the game comes out. Thanks anyway.

Truth be told, I just wanted to know if it had anything to do with Crash Bandicoot or not. A new Crash developed by ND is stuff beyond even dreams.

Sorry to go off topic by the way.

Gurish

Omg you guys are spoiling the spoiler. I didn't even know there were spoilers. Disrespectful smh

I wish someone would "spoil the spoiler" for me instead of saying "it doesn't spoil ANYTHING about the game itself", which is inaccurate, that way I wouldn't go see it.

So sorry if you didn't notice, but at least others might know it's not an harmless pic.

History will look back at this thread as peak fuckin spoilerphobia.

Even CHAPTER NUMBERS are spoilers now!

Seriously. Some of this stuff doesn't remotely warrant the reactions if you've watched the official media released on the game. Or just the story trailer.

You play as Nate btw. Whoops I might have just spoiled the game for someone.

People don't know how to take close up pictures with proper lighting. Sorry but that close up one is horrible, it needs to be shot in a better location to show the model off better.

Well.... I'll just post this here as an example. It's all about lighting angle.
slide_20.jpg

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Don't get me wrong, I am very anti spoilers. It even pisses me off that someone made a spoiler thread so many days before release with lurkers then trying to send people like Akyemeni, Antitrop and I the ending on twitter.

But this last page was ridiculous. :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDEuS5wIk5Q

Because you haven't put two and two together and realised what it indicates. And all that vid shows is how little people really have to talk about without TV in their lives. You're so confident it's not a major spoiler so if you like I can PM you my findings. When we're talking about it after the game's released, I'll be sure to mention I knew about it because it was spoiled in the Easter Egg thread. Please understand that there are people who have avoided every single demo of this game. Respect them.

Because you haven't put two and two together and realised what it indicates. And all that vid shows is how little people really have to talk about without TV in their lives.

Did I miss something? I'll tag this appropriately:

EASTER EGG PICTURE DESCRIPTION
............the hands of young nate, yea?.............

How's that even a big thing? People here have played the past UC games. It happened before. It's in the story trailer. It's like... wow, something that I knew was going to be in the game just got confirmed as being in the game.

What a surprise.

Can we get to talking about the stolen copies of the game now...

Or at least NON-Spoiler impressions on the game.

Questions:

What are the settings in photomode, eg. aperture, f/stop?

How is Nates climbing mechanics compared to previous titles any changes to controls during traversal?

Gurish

............the hands of young nate, yea?.............

How's that even a big thing? People here have played the past UC games. It happened before. It's in the story trailer. It's like... wow, something that I knew was going to be in the game just got confirmed as being in the game.

What a surprise.
EASTER EGG PIC SPOILER

The story trailer didn't suggest you're going to play as young Nate, It could be a cut scence just as well, so yea for me it was a surprise and it was ruined, it's obviously gonna let you play a childhood memory of the brothers, you knew that?

Sorry, last post, won't talk about it.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.

removed TEH GREATEST SPOILER EVER!!!

What a surprise.

Yeah, people are a tad bit out of control.

Some of you act like everyone that watched the trailers is stupid and can't assume some things.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Yeah, people are a tad bit out of control.

Some of you act like everyone that watched the trailers is stupid and can't assume some things.

Assuming isn't verification.

My God this is hard work. Please people, think of others.

Any more impressions would be welcome.

EASTER EGG PIC SPOILER

The story trailer didn't suggest you're going to play as young Nate, It could be a cut scence just as well, so yea for me it was a surprise and it was ruined, it's obviously gonna let you play a childhood memory of the brothers, you knew that?

Sorry, last post, won't talk about it.

Yea, I'm sorry. This already happened in a prior UC game. It's not even something brand new.

This is quite literally spoiler sensitivity taken to the extreme. And we probably need a super vague impressions only thread to appease people that sensitive to spoilers. Maybe someone should make one.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Assuming isn't verification.

My God this is hard work. Please people, think of others.

But if you are so concerned about anything that would be classified as a spoiler (ex: even a shot of the game's skybox) you shouldn't be clicking in anything.

Just read the impressions that are clearly marked as non-spoiler. If you have some doubt wait until others posters had read and commented on it.

I'm done with this thread. Anybody from NJ/NYC if you find the game early just PM me with price and location.

There's too much random spoilers just casually being dropped in here.

Wow really sounds like this could be GOTY. Lots of improvements to the actual gameplay, I mean it's ND, we know they are going to tell a good story. But the gameplay might win over a lot of new fans. Could rate just like TLOU honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom