• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 street date broken as thieves steal copies

Status
Not open for further replies.

nib95

Banned
The following is just very basic screenshots up close and/or in an area already shown in videos. Nothing new or revealing.

Incredible. The funny thing is that some on Beyond3D are claiming that lighting/GI is improved in less open areas of the game. So whilst these already look amazing, there's a possibility it could look even better elsewhere. Have no idea if their claims are accurate mind you, but that's the current analysis based on comparing this Madagascar level with others.

As far as I can tell... yes!!!!
OfYGY.gif

Oh boy, this game will be so good.

nib95

Banned

Did you really just crop and blow up an image 500% in order to make it look bad? Lol.

Gameplay shots look amazing. Can't believe how clean it all looks, nor the fidelity given how large the area is.

Also, SlasherJPC, if you go to System settings > notifications > you can un-tick screenshot icon notification, that way when you take screenshots the little icon top left won't show up to ruin shots.

hlhbk

When shit like this happens they should just forget the street date and release it right away to avoid the game being spoiled for the fans.

Gurish

The following is just very basic screenshots up close and/or in an area already shown in videos. Nothing new or revealing.

This is gorgeous!

Don't want to get into the cutscene vs. gameplay thing but I really really love this model, I think it might be the best I've seen in games.

Btw your last couple of shots are not looking as good because of the lighting, but the ones with the good lighting are gorgeous.

Gurish

Incredible. The funny thing is that some on Beyond3D are claiming that lighting/GI is improved in less open areas of the game. So whilst these already look amazing, there's a possibility it could look even better elsewhere. Have no idea if their claims are accurate mind you, but that's the current analysis based on comparing this Madagascar level with others.

If this is true than that's amazing, like it's going to look even better than what we've seen so far?! :O

The 500% zoomed in Drake shot is pretty pathetic btw, people try too hard.

When shit like this happens they should just forget the street date and release it right away to avoid the game being spoiled for the fans.

Their supply chain would likely make this impossible. The game was delayed two weeks to ensure enough copies would be available globally on day one. Launching it now would defeat that purpose.

And if Sony released the game early on PSN, they'd piss off their retail partners.

Globally around the world, there are roadshows and launch events being planned for the May 10th timing.

It's stuff of a million logistics nightmares and booked halls/spaces/dates that is extremely difficult to alter in the last minute.

Millions of dollars are already spent to host all these launch events and roadshows. They're not likely to ruin their marketing plans just because there's several thousand copies sold early.

thuway

Impressions from a friend - @alex840 on twitter. He just beat the game:

Difficulty: Normal
Play Time: 14+ hours

On score:
-He rates the game a 10.

How it fits into the Uncharted franchise:
-This is the best Uncharted yet.
-He says the jump from a quality perspective is like the jump from Uncharted 1 to 2.
-"Better than U2 and U3 for sure (3 was my favourite)"
-He calls it the game of the generation. For reference he says its much better than Quantum Break.

On graphics:
-"I still can't get used to how good the visuals looks"
-The graphics are out of this world. Other devs asking for more power are put to shame. They are doing things that are absolutely on another level.
-It's all in the little details.
-"Framerate is very stable. The motion blur is phenomenal. You don't get that choppy feel you get when turning the camera fast in most 30fps games."
- Jaggies? What jaggies? This game is clean.

On setpieces:
-"It has a couple of my favourite set pieces in the series."
-"Less bombastic, but no less memorable or exciting.
- "There are big setpieces as a hole, but there are less bombastic ones that are different. I don't want to spoil anything." (He just answered me this)

On finishing the game and miscellaneous:
-Don't read any spoilers. "The ending is perfect. PERFECT!"
-"It makes me happy to end the series, it feels like they have nothing more left to add."
-"Also, Sam doesn't sound to much like Troy Baker. I was worried if it sounded too much like him it would take me out of it, but he does a fantastic job."

If you've seen the story trailer he took two pics for GAF. Nothing spoilerish, but I cloaked it because people get sensitive:
1. http://i.imgur.com/yrD10jx.jpg
2. http://i.imgur.com/WwH4lXg.jpg

AHA-Lambda

On score:
-He rates the game a 10.

-He says the jump from a quality perspective is like the jump from Uncharted 1 to 2.
-He calls it the game of the generation. For reference he says its much better than Quantum Break.

On graphics:
-The graphics are out of this world. Other devs asking for more power are put to shame. They are doing things that are absolutely on another level.
-"Framerate is very stable. The motion blur is phenomenal. You don't get that choppy feel you get when turning the camera fast in most 30fps games."

On setpieces:

-"It makes me happy to end the series, it feels like they have nothing more left to add."
-"Also, Sam doesn't sound to much like Troy Baker. I was worried if it sounded too much like him it would take me out of it, but he does a fantastic job."

If you've seen the story trailer he took two pics for GAF. Nothing spoilerish, but I cloaked it because people get sensitive:
ZPBftloO.jpg:large
ipoKG_Xl.jpg:large

Any word on length?

zsynqx

Click the spoiler tag

I did.

Any word on length?

Took the guy on reddit 18 hours, he said he explored quite a bit though.

Edit: Here

Foxes on reddit (spoiler free impressions dude)

"I've finished the game at 18 hours. Took my time and enjoyed the experience!"

"It gets a 10/10 from me. Other opinions may vary?"

"On par with tlou. Perhaps a little better."

Responding to

"No worries! Did the story and gameplay through stay engaging? I've noticed that a lot of the uncharteds go downhill near the end of the game"

Foxes said

"The story stayed consistent, and the gameplay the same. The end was great!"

Shin-chan

I'm in this weird position where I've ready enough impressions of the game to know it will be great and lengthy, I've played the beta so I know the core gameplay is good ... but I can't help coming back into this thread to feed my excitement, despite the risks.

Thanks to everyone giving spoiler free impressions. I wish I was one of you.

Gurish

The set pieces are less bombastic part is weird since the City chase alone is more bombastic than most things in the series.

On what difficulty did he play?

thuway

Give me a second guys - I'm processing more information as we speak. I'm juggling work, study, and uncharted 4 reviews all at once.

JonnyKong

Declaring a game to be better than Quantum Break isn't exactly difficult considering how average that game was.

I'll be popping into a Cex today to trade in some old games. I'll absolutely cack my pants if I see a copy of this on the shelf, but I know they would have all been snapped up by now.

Harmen

Saw the pics of Nate last page and I can only imagine how awesome this game looks while playing. These models in combination with the level of (free and natural) animation ND is on, damn.

thuway

Tagged it because I read there was a big spoiler dropped here the other day and curious if what I've tagged matches up with what was said.

This isn't the thread for that and is the EXACT reason why the spoiler thread was made so please edit the post. Thanks.

c0de

He says "much better" and "for reference", after giving his ranking of the series. But I guess whining about that was worth a shitty post.

Given his Twitter account, there is no indication that he even played QB but is a big PS fan but yes, I think it's a safe bet to say UC4 is better than QB.

Javin98

Banned
Don't think so just read it on twitter and was wondering if it's what was said in this thread.
Twitter is a popular spot for spoilers, so I wouldn't be surprised if there are already some major ones out there. Thankfully I don't have a Twitter account.

Grassy

I just bought the Nathan Drake Collection as I never got around to playing Uncharted 3 for some reason. I really enjoyed the first two Uncharted games so I'm looking forward to digging into the third. I guess I should just play-through all three games now...

Gurish

I just bought the Nathan Drake Collection as I never got around to playing Uncharted 3 for some reason. I really enjoyed the first two Uncharted games so I'm looking forward to digging into the third. I guess I should just play-through all three games now...

Don't recommend going through all 3 now if you intend to buy U4 at launch, it's a major overdose and it might hurt the experience of U4.

viHuGi

Banned

Difficulty: Normal
Play Time: 14+ hours

On score:
-He rates the game a 10.

On graphics:

On setpieces:
- "There are big setpieces as a hole, but there are less bombastic ones that are different. I don't want to spoil anything." (He just answered me this)

1. http://i.imgur.com/yrD10jx.jpg
2. http://i.imgur.com/WwH4lXg.jpg

Damn people playing this on Ps Neo already, what a beast!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom