• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 street date broken as thieves steal copies

Status
Not open for further replies.

NateDrake

I thought the capture of screens wasn't allowed...if it is I have some pretty cool images to share. Will have to look over the embargo again.

nib95

Banned
remember when ppl were like this game is in trouble b/c neil fired everyone

Fun times.

I thought the capture of screens wasn't allowed...if it is I have some pretty cool images to share. Will have to look over the embargo again.

Depends on whether it's a review copy you were sent by Sony, which would mean you were specifically tied down to an embargo, or you bought it personally and are not. If it's the latter you're fine to do so but please use spoiler tags!

I think it isn't allowed to yo press people. There are copies in the wild, however. Retail copies. And they do not have an embargo.

NateDrake

Damn. All my good stuff will have to wait a while longer. On the plus side, I can capture video at 1080p/60fps now for YT uploads, so I'll have plenty of high quality footage up soon enough. Should land some sweet multiplayer content early in the week.

nib95

Banned
Pre-emptive mini meltdowns about non-existing reviews has to be a new low around here

It's not a new thing though. Predicting Polygon low balling is a running gag/meme around the internet, and has been for some time, mostly said in jest. In a similar way to Jeff's reviews as well, since he has a reputation for being quite critical or harder to please, irrespective of the platform.

Gurish

Sad news...my launch day PS4 up and completely died today. I checked everything out and it is flat lined. I have built many computers and such and took it apart and nothing visually looks wrong, but it is just dead. Used a power meter and the system is getting power, but it just fucking died on me at the worst possible time. The system boots but immediate the screen gets garbled like a bad overclock on a gpu with a ton of artifacts and then shuts off.

Sadly, I just invested in a new fridge for the house, new Audio/Video equipment for my game room and really can't (wife would kill me) buy another one. I kind of screwed up and told her about the potential of the Neo a while back and the first thing out of her mouth was..let's wait till E3 and news about the Neo.

So I will be living vicariously through all of you playing the game. At this point, I don't care about spoilers because there is no way I can avoid them if I have to wait till the Neo. As much I was ALL GO for the Neo, part of me now wants it not too happen so I can get another PS4 after E3 (if they don't announce it).

So for those that have the game and are playing, keep up with the impressions. Thanks!

Damnit that sucks hard, I have a launch PS4 and I don't know what I would do in such situation, it's a real pain to now buy a new unit before Neo arrives.

I think they might talk about it in E3, but rumors suggest it may release on Q1 2017, would you really wait this long without having a PS4? honestly I myself have no idea if I would wait or not, hard decision.
-------

BTW, seems like Sony removed Slasher's pics.

Arun1910

Sad news...my launch day PS4 up and completely died today. I checked everything out and it is flat lined. I have built many computers and such and took it apart and nothing visually looks wrong, but it is just dead. Used a power meter and the system is getting power, but it just fucking died on me at the worst possible time. The system boots but immediate the screen gets garbled like a bad overclock on a gpu with a ton of artifacts and then shuts off.

Sadly, I just invested in a new fridge for the house, new Audio/Video equipment for my game room and really can't (wife would kill me) buy another one. I kind of screwed up and told her about the potential of the Neo a while back and the first thing out of her mouth was..let's wait till E3 and news about the Neo.

So I will be living vicariously through all of you playing the game. At this point, I don't care about spoilers because there is no way I can avoid them if I have to wait till the Neo. As much I was ALL GO for the Neo, part of me now wants it not too happen so I can get another PS4 after E3 (if they don't announce it).

So for those that have the game and are playing, keep up with the impressions. Thanks!

Are you from the UK?

If so "Sales of Goods Act 1979", I did this with my PS3 that died and ended up with the new Slim 500GB model back in 2011.

http://community.eu.playstation.com...s-Sale-of-Goods-Act-Swap-your-PS3/m-p/9976820

As a summary to not hijack the thread:

1. Get an engineers report who says its a manufacturer fault (Could cost £55 to send your PS4 etc)
2. Go back to whoever sold this to you (Important, you need to keep telling them how its a legality issue if they don't comply), quote the sales of goods act and how you have a report saying it was sold faulty and also bring them a receipt of how much the report cost you.

They will most likely give you a 500GB PS4 (very unlikely for a 1tb)

Des

Has anyone with the game commented on how engaging the climbing sections are yet? They have generally been the least interesting part of the series for me and I remember ND saying there was a lot more freedom this time around.

thuway

If you live in Seattle let me know. I'll loan you my PS4. I work and study so often I get zero to no time.

zsynqx

Has anyone with the game commented on how engaging the climbing sections are yet? They have generally been the least interesting part of the series for me and I remember ND saying there was a lot more freedom this time around.

I'd like to know this as well.

normanski

Neo Member
You sure it was your preorder? Mine has not been dispatched yet, not even my account was charged. SimplyGames as well.

I can't honestly think what else it could be that could be signed delivery...I've got a few gigs coming up in June but SeeTickets haven't needed a signature?

...guess I'll just have to see on Tuesday and hope lol.

stryke

Sorry for your loss

mlnwby.gif

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Are we going to pretend Amy Henning, the mother of Uncharted, being forced out wasn't a decent cause for concern? :/

We're going to pretend that the duo that made the greatest game of all time wouldn't be the perfect replacement for Henning? When I heard the news I was sad for her but happy for UC4.

Gurish

lol just wanted to compliment him, offering his PS4 to a complete stranger like that was a little touching I have to admit.

Krakin

Haha right. Thought you were the same guy. And yes, Thuway really is a nice parrot. He never pecks and tries his best not to poop on your shoulder.

Skele7on

Banned
I have finished, I have seen the sights and traveled seas.
I have laughed, felt and been amazed.
Glorious sights and wonderful dialogue.
Truly an adventure fitting of "a thiefs end"

This game is better than TLOU, it is just simply wonderful.
From start to finish, nothing but an absolute joy.
I am bitter now, as I didn't want this adventure to end.
I just wish there was another stone to turn, puzzle to solve.

But alas the great adventure is over.
Now I shall wait for DLC, just so I can taste another thrill.

You guys are in for one hell of a ride.
Stay calm and spoiler free,
I can't wait to hear of your own adventures.

Waiting for multiplayer to open up now.

Played on normal.
Completed in 13 hours 22 minutes 25 seconds

I can confirm those modes are legit.
There's a ton of them and also audio modes too

Krakin

Played on normal.

barz

viHuGi

Banned

Played on normal.

Pretty Amazing, can't wait for reviews and the game!

I-hate-u

Played on normal.

giphy.gif

Is it 10th of May yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom