• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 street date broken as thieves steal copies

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

I have finished, I have seen the sights and traveled seas.
I have laughed, felt and been amazed.
Glorious sights and wonderful dialogue.
Truly an adventure fitting of "a thiefs end"

This game is better than TLOU, it is just simply wonderful.
From start to finish, nothing but an absolute joy.
I am bitter now, as I didn't want this adventure to end.
I just wish there was another stone to turn, puzzle to solve.

But alas the great adventure is over.
Now I shall wait for DLC, just so I can taste another thrill.

You guys are in for one hell of a ride.
Stay calm and spoiler free,
I can't wait to hear of your own adventures.

Waiting for multiplayer to open up now.

Played on normal.
Completed in 13 hours 22 minutes 25 seconds

I can confirm those modes are legit.
There's a ton of them and also audio modes too

Did you cry?

GnawtyDog

Banned

Played on normal.

tumblr_mz59sxDCdC1s8rhj4o7_250.gif

Played on normal.

:) awesome.

Gurish

Played on normal.

Oh Boy :O

--

oh and how was normal difficulty, still challenging? would you recommenf it?

I suggest starting another playthrough on hard, and than report to us what would be the ideal first playthrough :)

Daft Punk

Banned

Played on normal.

Arggggh! Damn you ND! Why couldn't you have released this already!? The hype is too real!

Vuze

Since there's no OT yet and this basically became a first impressions etc thread, I'll just put this here.

Will the UC4 console bundle include a physical or digital copy of the game?

Gurish

The reddit guy also think it's a little better than TLOU, though other player said TLOU is still king but this game is the best Uncharted.

Either way going by impressions it's amazing.

bryanee

You sure it was your preorder? Mine has not been dispatched yet, not even my account was charged. SimplyGames as well.

I pre-ordered from SimplyGames yesterday and the money was taken around 15 minutes after. Its currently pending dispatch but I assume that's normal for pre-orders.

Skele7on

Banned
Oh Boy :O

--

oh and how was normal difficulty, still challenging? would you recommenf it?

I suggest starting another playthrough on hard, and than report to us what would be the ideal first playthrough :)

For an adventure I would choose normal,
It's difficult enough but without that stress on hard.
There are plenty of encounters that on normal was still a challenge, I think hard for a first play through would spoil the adventure somewhat.

I'll load up a chapter and see what hard is like now though and come back, but my general feeling is play normal "moderate" first then go back for the real test

Playing on hard will mess with pacing as you're more than likely to get stuck. That's my current feelings anyway.

Gurish

There are plenty of encounters that on normal was still a challenge, I think hard for a first play through would spoil the adventure somewhat.

I'll load up a chapter and see what hard is like now though and come back, but my general feeling is play normal "moderate" first then go back for the real test

Playing on hard will mess with pacing as you're more than likely to get stuck. That's my current feelings anyway.

Great, and if your opinion changes after trying hard update us, thanks!

GnawtyDog

Banned

Play the madagascar level on hard and see if the enemies carry rocket launchers and such at the first tower.....heard on harder difficulties they beef up, become smarter and take less damage?

Zemm

I asked this in the other thread but more suitable for this one I think.

Has there been any mention yet if picking up ammo is done automatically now? I'm replaying UC2 right this minute and it's a great game but the amount of times I pick up a different gun when I just want ammo/grenades is insanely annoying. Please fix.

Salarians

You can still change difficulty mid game, right? I'd like to start on hard and lower it if need be.

Skele7on

Banned

Has there been any mention yet if picking up ammo is done automatically now? I'm replaying UC2 right this minute and it's a great game but the amount of times I pick up a different gun when I just want ammo/grenades is insanely annoying. Please fix.
You still need to pick up ammo.

Play the madagascar level on hard and see if the enemies carry rocket launchers and such at the first tower.....heard on harder difficulties they beef up, become smarter and take less damage?

I will do that now and report back

You can still change difficulty mid game, right? I'd like to start on hard and lower it if need be.
Yes you can

Is it really wise to play U2 if you're going to play U4 very soon?

It might numb your experience of U4.

Skele7on

Banned
I love all the impressions you are giving! If you could check out what Bullet Speed Mode does in the modifiers, I would be eternally grateful!

I spent all my points on concept art etc.

Let me jump back in and unlock it, I'll be back shortly

Is Crushing unlocked after completion no matter the difficulty or do you have to beat it on Hard?

Crushing unlocked after completing on any mode

AKyemeni

So how terrible was the single player? Was it so terrible that you were mashing the multiplayer option, hoping to get it to work to get your mind off the atrocious single player?

One " mixed " impression found on Reddit : ( no spoil )

One of the most major criticisms I can give it is the lack of crazy cinematic moments (like the cargo train/plane) and the fact that right until the end it tries to stick to a more realistic vibe. Not enough combat either littered with (beautiful) cutscenes which I found to disconnect me from the gameplay all too often. These are definitely my biggest gripes. As a plus, the game knows who it's being built for and has an absolute fuckton of fan service. I can't say without spoilers but it's lovely to see such attention to detail (it is naughty dog after all). Without a crappy number review I'll place it comfortably within the same ranks as almost every ND game made to date, though it definitely had less of an effect on me when compared to 2,3, TLOU. While I could play those games again and again, this one I honestly couldn't just pick up and play as and when. This is all subjective to me though, I can't wait to hear what other people think.

Skele7on

Banned
So how terrible was the single player? Was it so terrible that you were mashing the multiplayer option, hoping to get it to work to get your mind off the atrocious single player?

LOL, I checked it for you before I started every morning before carrying on, assuming it unlocks next week at some point.

Also I have some crazzzzy screenshots trust me this game graphically is STUNNING. I've never found myself constantly hitting photo mode just to get a screenshot of the absolute beauty that is UC4

A buddy of mine who's also a mega fan is grabbing it off me to play today, I will grab his spoiler free impressions too, I'm expecting a 97/98 on metacritic

Jacob4815

Played on normal.

Can you confirm the lack of "crazy" action set pieces (train, plane, castle in fire etc..) ?

viHuGi

Banned

First guy i heard not saying it is better than Last of Us though.

Last of Us didnt have those crazy set pieces and it was the game of the generation, Uncharted with a more serious vive excites me much much more than those unreal explosions with everything going down.

Gurish

Is the bottom shot an in-game character model?

Yes, it's a gameplay shot taken by Slasher with photo mode.

Skeleton, I have another question, can you disable the awareness colors outlines? I want to keep only the triangle above the enemy's head, I hate that yellow outline.

Did you play it with awareness on?

It's good to hear such opinions as well, though for me it's hard to believe it will be any less than U3, game was very disappointing for me, no way, but we'll see how it compares next to U2 and TLOU.

Skele7on

Banned
Can you confirm the lack of "crazy" action set pieces (train, plane, castle in fire etc..) ?

There's a bunch of them honestly.

They're not all as crazy, but they actually have a better depth and wow factor in them being more subtle.

I'm not hype beasting the game, it's just an absolutely amazing adventure, it's a classy game.

I played with it on, some of those sneaky bastards become a real nightmare if you don't have it on, but the actual triangle disappears a lot quicker now, so you'll only know location for a short time.

I-hate-u

Uncharted being less bombastic was one of the concerns when the game changed its directors. If what the redditor saying is true, then the game, while might appeal to the TLOU gamer, might be a divisive one compared to the other one in the series.

I think will be decisive no matter what though. The TLOU guys will be upset too if the game was on the other spectrum.

A concern I had as well. Videogames are escapism and Uncharted was intentionally built on pulpy adventures. To hear this is not at all surprising. I'm sure the game is good, but after the main titles music being missing and now this, I'm starting to think it'll be my least favorite. It just seems to be missing some of the elements I love about the series. But we'll see, before the crazies start railing on me, I'm still excited for the game and haven't cancelled any preorders.

Last of Us didnt have those crazy set pieces and it was the game of the generation

Not for me. Not even close. And it was a completely different thing than Uncharted. You're arguing apples and oranges here.

Skele7on

Banned
Amy gets a massive shoutout in the credits which was nice to see, I'm struggling to convey my point whilst keeping clean.

It has amazing moments with jaw dropping crazy.

just wait and play the game haha

I wonder what kind of game we would have gotten if they asked "how can we expand on 3 and learn from it's shortcomings?" without the Last of Us being a factor...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom