• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

University of Miami is offering full ride scholarships for all Florida DREAMers

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
http://admissions.miami.edu/undergraduate/financial-aid/scholarships/udreamers-grant/

The U Dreamers Program is available to Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) students at the University of Miami, effective in Fall 2017. UM remains committed to providing students of all nationalities and citizenship statuses with opportunities to nurture their talents and achieve their goals. The University supports undocumented students and will continue to do all it can, within the law, to enable them to pursue their education at UM. Learn about the history of the U Dreamers Grant here.

The U Dreamers Program is intended to meet 100 percent of a student’s demonstrated financial need. The expenses covered with this program are tuition and fees, on-campus room and board, a meal plan, and University health insurance. Financial aid for this program is renewable for up to four academic years (eight consecutive semesters) or such time required to complete the baccalaureate degree.*

Eligible students will be required to maintain full-time status (12 credit hours or more per semester), must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress toward their degree, and must live on campus.**

Can't imagine how people paying their student loans off feel.

Trojita

To put things in perspective. One of the reasons for specifically used to tell Trump to keep the Dreamer's order still live is because mostly all Dreamers are productive people living in the USA, make an average of $16 a hour, and have a higher employment rate than the national average.

Wilsongt

Look at all of those ILLEGAL children taking away money from white Americans.

I mean white legal Americans.

I mean white re -- shit.

Trojita

It's a bit racist to assume only white people have student loans. What are you guys even talking about.

To put things in perspective. One of the reasons for specifically used to tell Trump to keep the Dreamer's order still live is because mostly all Dreamers are productive people living in the USA, make an average of $16 a hour, and have a higher employment rate than the national average.

Those traits seem like they would make the GOP base hate them even more.

FyreWulff

we've more than likely freeloaded about the amount of the scholarship off them since you can't use most tax-funded programs even though you pay tax as an undocumented

BriGuy

Probably selfishly thinking that they have such a hard life ahead of them in the face of such inequality.

#WhiteAmericansMatter

/s
You mock it, but this is going to create some real animosity out there. It's a nice gesture, but it feels misguided to me.

____

Start the thread over. It’s been shat on before it had a chance.

On topic, I can’t see this as a bad thing. Am I missing something?

psyfi

Banned
Whoa, that's awesome. That's exactly what our country should be doing: supporting people in their prosperity and growth.

Same people getting mad have no problem cheering on student athletes tho 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Can't imagine how people paying their student loans off feel.

"Damn, I wish I was treated like shit by basically all of society around me so I could get a full ride scholarship and make something of myself like my parents who risked life and limb to bring me to a place where they too would never be respected despite the great risk just so I might have the slightest chance to do so"

Something like that?

Top Bottom