• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Univision host fired after making racist Michelle Obama remark

Status
Not open for further replies.

GYODX

You have tons of liberals using someone's minority status as a basis to absolve people of bigoted behavior and prejudiced attitudes. Is it really so surprising that he would play the "But I'm a minority, too!" card?

Oh, and I'm a minority, too!

Ivan 3414

She's not attractive. Attractive in the realm of First Ladies, yes, but she truly is not attractive.

That being said, she doesn't look like a monkey and that comment was completely uncalled for.

Infinite

She's not attractive. Attractive in the realm of First Ladies, yes, but she truly is not attractive.

That being said, she doesn't look like a monkey and that comment was completely uncalled for.

I'll take Michelle Obama to dinner and a movie *kanye shrug*

SS7MvlJ.gif

they tried to save you breh

MYKE CTOWN!!!!!

Strike

He's still standing by what he said? Good riddance. Kudos to Univision for giving him the boot so swiftly instead of giving him a slap on the wrist or choosing to drag this out.
Someone going for that Noticias Fox pundit slot, Bill O'DeVerdad.
Nah, Geraldo's got that covered.

You have tons of liberals using someone's minority status as a basis to absolve people of bigoted behavior and prejudiced attitudes. Is it really so surprising that he would play the "But I'm a minority, too!" card?

Oh, and I'm a minority, too!
Black people don't get to call Michelle a monkey either. They would have a lot better of a time getting away with it in a joking sense, but people of all races would likely still find this racist despite the coming from a black person.

THis guy is disgusting. Deserves to lose his job.

Did anyone actually attack the Bush family, other than calling George W. mentally handicapped? Even when Jenna was basically flipping off cameras or doing Jello shots --- you know, actual bad behavior that the Obama kids don't do ---- I didn't see a ton of liberal people out there calling them any names. Even late night hosts said they don't go after the president's families. But this shit from the right is really getting embarrassing. Further proof that liberals are not assholes I guess.

Edit; god, what a knee jerk post but I'm not deleting it because I'm still angry.

Holy shit, haha, where were you from 1999-2008. The Bush daughters were endlessly slut shamed for doing such shameful things like... being in college and drinking. It was rich back in the early 2000s to see supposed progressives come out with the slut and whore criticisms of 19 or 20 years old Jenna Bush for wearing a miniskirt and drinking in college.

I think criticizing the first family is over the line, especially what idiot conservatives say about Obama's daughters, which is really terrible, but goddam, you had to have your head in the sand if you didn't see the constant stream of sexist criticism directed at Bush's daughters.

Laura Bush didn't get much criticism about her looks because she was so boring. She got a lot of heat early on for having been in a car accident when she was in her 20s or 30s where someone died, but that was basically the only real criticism of her for 8 years.

You should google more about Univision and what is going on behind scenes. There is a reason why I don't waste my time with that network.

Disappointing to hear if true. But hardly surprising. South and Central America have their own issues with skin tone and discrimination.

Out of the blue?

You certainly don't need to qualify your own lack of attraction to Michelle Obama in a thread talking about someone who compared her to a monkey. Unless they also agree she resembles a monkey. All anyone needs to do is voice their disagreement with this former TV host's opinion.

The need some posters have to bring up how unattractive they find Michelle out of the blue is suspect as hell.

Now, I think Michelle Obama is a fine looking woman, but are you saying that if you don't find Michelle attractive and post about it ... in a thread all about someone criticizing how she looks ... that means you're a racist?

Did anyone actually attack the Bush family, other than calling George W. mentally handicapped? Even when Jenna was basically flipping off cameras or doing Jello shots --- you know, actual bad behavior that the Obama kids don't do ---- I didn't see a ton of liberal people out there calling them any names. Even late night hosts said they don't go after the president's families. But this shit from the right is really getting embarrassing. Further proof that liberals are not assholes I guess.

Edit; god, what a knee jerk post but I'm not deleting it because I'm still angry.

You talking about Bush and Bush light?

Bodacious

Banned
The need some posters have to bring up how unattractive they find Michelle out of the blue is suspect as hell.

It's a Michelle Obama thread. And someone in the OP's story said she was 'very attractive.' That isn't open for commentary?

I will admit though that one of the things that I personally find 'unattractive' about her is size/stature, which isn't a fair attribute except that it does factor into everyone's subjective likes and dislikes. They have her shoes, and all the first ladies' shoes, on display at the Smithsonian and well ... I haven't met her and haven't looked it up, but she has to be a big woman, i.e. fairly tall and not lightly built in any way. Her shoes dwarfed all the rest, by a huge margin in fact. I'm not tall and just don't find myself attracted to that. For other guys, maybe that's an instant boner.

the only thing I took from reading this is, El Gordo y La Flaca is still on the air? I would have thought the fat guy would be dead by now.

Mesousa

Banned
He's always been a racist. I peeped comments he made about about Chavez hair texture around the time he cut it off when he was battling Cancer. He's only popular because he's the flamboyantly gay friend lonely housewives wish they had so he could grudge fuck them one day.

Slayven

Since he voted for Obama twice. he enjoy this cheap Obama gas while he look for a job in this low unemployment job market Obama created.

acrid

Banned
I don't find her or her personality or her views attractive. But having him fired for saying she looks like:

this
rise+of+the+planet+of+the+apes2.jpg

this
PLANET_APES_SE_DISC1_169-11.jpg

or this
Apes_6_Warren.jpg

is terribly unfair.

BraXzy

He said his comment was taken out of context, which is total bs. I heard recorded audio and it was clear what wanted to say. Glad he got fired.

I was going to say maybe he genuinely did mean the Michelle Obama look, not her personally but if it sounded as intended I can't defend that. What a horrible comment.

It's a Michelle Obama thread. And someone in the OP's story said she was 'very attractive.' That isn't open for commentary?

I will admit though that one of the things that I personally find 'unattractive' about her is size/stature, which isn't a fair attribute except that it does factor into everyone's subjective likes and dislikes. They have her shoes, and all the first ladies' shoes, on display at the Smithsonian and well ... I haven't met her and haven't looked it up, but she has to be a big woman, i.e. fairly tall and not lightly built in any way. Her shoes dwarfed all the rest, by a huge margin in fact. I'm not tall and just don't find myself attracted to that. For other guys, maybe that's an instant boner.

"In case I wasn't clear before, let me tell you more about why I'm not attracted to her."

Seriously, what the hell is the matter with you?

Why do you care so much? I think if I'd spent my time praising her hotness you wouldn't question that.

It's bizarre. I'm not the only person calling you (and others who are following your lead) out on this, and then you come back and double down on it. I don't understand. Why is it so important for us to know why and how you don't find Michelle Obama attractive?

I'm legitimately curious. It's like people are using this incident as an excuse.

JDSN

Banned
Coming to a Michelle Obama is a monkey thread and mention she is ugly is like the people that go into an Anita Sarkwhatever harrasement thread and mention you dont like her.

Bodacious

Banned
It's bizarre. I'm not the only person calling you (and others who are following your lead) out on this, and then you come back and double down on it. I don't understand. Why is it so important for us to know why and how you don't find Michelle Obama attractive?

I'm legitimately curious. It's like people are using this incident as an excuse.

1) what exactly do you think you're 'calling out?' What's wrong with commenting and replying to the Op and other posts in the thread claiming she is 'very attractive?'

2) those people 'calling out' any post with a critical remark suggest something 'suspect' about them, 'diet racist' and so forth. That's some cowardly bullshit and it deserves a response. (what you call doubling down) If you're going to go around slapping 'racist' on people just because they make a critical comment you don't like, what makes you think you entitled not to hear back from that person? I'm supposed to just sit here and accept those labels? FY. A black woman can be beautiful, or not, the same as any woman. And Michelle Obama isn't special or above being looked at, and I'm not the only one who's made comments about her looks in this thread. You're just choosing to jump my ass because I said I didn't think she was good looking. Where are your posts attacking the ones who said she's a "pretty hot lady?" They're no more on-topic or off-topic than my post.

I'm done with this if you are. But you're probably not.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
How tone-deaf do you have to be to think "I can compare a black person to an ape and that's totally fine"?

1) what exactly do you think you're 'calling out?' What's wrong with commenting and replying to the Op and other posts in the thread claiming she is 'very attractive?'

2) those people 'calling out' any post with a critical remark suggest something 'suspect' about them, 'diet racist' and so forth. That's some cowardly bullshit and it deserves a response. (what you call doubling down) If you're going to go around slapping 'racist' on people just because they make a critical comment you don't like, what makes you think you entitled not to hear back from that person? I'm supposed to just sit here and accept those labels? FY. A black woman can be beautiful, or not, the same as any woman. And Michelle Obama isn't special or above being looked at, and I'm not the only one who's made comments about her looks in this thread. You're just choosing to jump my ass because I said I didn't think she was good looking. Where are your posts attacking the ones who said she's a "pretty hot lady?" They're no more on-topic or off-topic than my post.

I'm done with this if you are. But you're probably not.

I am. The derail is stupid, as is this argument. Do you, buddy.

He doubled down on his racism. That's all i ask. Just own it.

Him saying how his father is afro Latino and how he's openly gay had nothing to do with his comments or him doubling down.

LQX

I'm more shocked they fired him so swiftly. Usually it seems to take a huge backlash before any of these networks fire or suspend anyone.

Thread needs pretty Michelle pics

Michelle's attractiveness ranges from average to cute/pretty, it depends what she's wearing. She does colourful outfits well and she has the physique to style the shit out of sleeveless dresses or any tight fitting clothes. She has the type of looks young adult males generally dont appreciate, but grown men over the age of 35 do. She's in great shape and radiates brains and confidence.

Nephtis

I'm more shocked they fired him so swiftly. Usually it seems to take a huge backlash before any of these networks fire or suspend anyone.

I'm glad they did. My mom actually called me to let me know of this lol

I like how he's trying to defend himself by pulling as many cards as he can and whining about it. The guy's a complete asshole and I hope no tv station or magazine ever hires him again for being such a racist fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom