• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speevy

Banned
If they had any sense, they'd show a birthing bed, then cut to actual Jon Snow, then Bran.

That's if they had any sense.

Speevy

Banned
It looks like Bolton soldiers catch up to her and Reek, and Brienne saves the day and kills them all.

Of course, because why the fuck wouldn't Brienne be in both the place where Stannis Baratheon is cornered AND the place where Sansa is escaping to?

I'm guessing they both run into Littlefinger in the woods.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
animation6o8o11.gif

"Oh shit, we forgot to set up her warging abilities"

fantomena

If he is R'hllor's chosen where is his burning sword, where is Lightbringer?

About Azor Ahai
II don't think there's any burning sword or lightbringer. Azor Ahai was not a conquerer, but a diplomat. A pact was reached between men and white walkers and white walkers build the wall to mark their territory. They are now pissed cause men broke the pact.

About Azor Ahai
II don't think there's any burning sword or lightbringer. Azor Ahai was not a conquerer, but a diplomat. A pact was reached between men and white walkers and white walkers build the wall to mark their territory. They are now pissed cause men broke the pact.

Haven't wildlings lived beyond the wall for thousands of years?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
There's like zero Dorne int he trailer (I assume the boat is bringing Jamie back). Confirmed that Alexander Siddig is returning for the season?

Iksenpets

Banned
Dayne with two swords?

Nevermind, looks like a Targ sigil on his chest plate.

I'm going to guess in show canon pre-Robert Kingsguard armor just has the dragon sigil on it, and that is Arthur Dayne. It could be one of the other two, but there's no evidence they cast anyone besides Dayne. Can anyone get a clear enough look to see if one of the swords might pass for Dawn?

Other stray observations:

-Euron is on a bridge!
-And he's getting baptized by Damphair? Not sure what that means.
-Bolton troops catch Sansa and Theon, but Brienne rescues them, so Brienne continues to be immortal and faces no consequences for abandoning her post.
-Didn't expect Davos to be involved with the resurrection. But he pretty much can't be in the book, so that just them rewriting to give him something to do.
-The shot of the Bolton troops all lined up opposed to wildlings
kind of fits with some of the rumors saying that they were going for an undisciplined-wildlings-routed-by-professional-soldiers thing with that battle.
-Is that a shot of Yara making out with a prostitute? Really hard to tell. Can't say I'd be happy with them rewriting a character who's aggressively heterosexual in the books into some stereotype of cool-girl bisexuality.
Wasn't there a rumor that she and Theon somehow end up in Volantis? Would kind of fit that shot
-I really can't discern anything we didn't already know about King's Landing, the Dothraki, or Arya from these shots. Arya's parkour looks better than expected.
-Surprised there's zero Riverrun material. Figured the trebuchets would've made for good trailer shots.

foxtrot3d

Banned
About Azor Ahai

Twas' sarcasm, m'lord.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
XVjfBUf.gif

I wonder if they'll specifically identify Howland Reed.

I like that they're completely upending the second worst storyline of last season and killing the Sparrows.

But if the Sparrows are all dead, how can Howland Reed be the head sparrow. :(

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
http://i.imgur.com/XVjfBUf.gif/IMG]

[B]I wonder if they'll specifically identify Howland Reed.[/B]

But if the Sparrows are all dead, how can Howland Reed be the head sparrow. :([/QUOTE]

My guess is, yes.

Seems like there were 3 actors that were seen filmed together/practicing together, and one of them (Robert Aramayo) Looks damn related to Jojen Reed's actor. One looks to be Dayne (Luke Roberts) and the 3rd (Eddie Eyre), I could see, being Ned.

Brakke

Banned
Is Howland Reed even a thing on the show?

Jojen had told Bran about their fathers being cool friends. But that was like two feet five inches ago for Bran so they don't really need to make good on it in the same way that the books *have got to* make good on Howland.

Gigglepoo

So do you guys thinking Jonathan Price's character will survive the first 4 episodes?

Well, the show certainly does enjoy killing as many named characters as possible. It still seems like killing The High Sparrow is the lamest way of reconciling the church versus the government.

NeoGiff

Well, the show certainly does enjoy killing as many named characters as possible. It still seems like killing The High Sparrow is the lamest way of reconciling the church versus the government.

So basically, that's exactly what's going to happen, right?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Jojen had told Bran about their fathers being cool friends. But that was like two feet five inches ago for Bran so they don't really need to make good on it in the same way that the books *have got to* make good on Howland.

If that's all, then I don't see why anyone would be jazzed about seeing him on the show. His appearance is meaningless (to book readers as well as show watchers) unless D&D want to troll book readers by spoiling stuff from the books that hasn't even been hinted at on the show.

NeoGiff

What the shit?! I remember seeing last year that Luke Roberts is likely playing Dayne when all that TOJ stuff was leaked/filmed by Solid Snake climbing on the rocks. I've also been loving Black Sails this year. Only now has my brain finally switched on and realised that Woodes Rogers is Arthur Dayne. Great casting, based on his acting in Black Sails.

If that's all, then I don't see why anyone would be jazzed about seeing him on the show. His appearance is meaningless (to book readers as well as show watchers) unless D&D want to troll book readers by spoiling stuff from the books that hasn't even been hinted at on the show.
Except that he has already been on the show plenty, played by Jonathan Pryce.

*dons tin-foiled hat*
What the shit?! I remember seeing last year that Luke Roberts is likely playing Dayne when all that TOJ stuff was leaked/filmed by Solid Snake climbing on the rocks. I've also been loving Black Sails this year. Only now has my brain finally switched on and realised that Woodes Rogers is Arthur Dayne. Great casting, based on his acting in Black Sails.
Bold gave me a good chuckle. Also, I need to catch up on Black Sails, haven't started the third season yet.

That video was hilarious. It's gonna be difficult for me seeing the Ned/Dayne fight now and not imagining that guy offscreen watching and shouting "Come on, Beanie! Get him!" from the cliff.

Mr Git

In the trailer there's Mel holding her hand over Jon's face, take it that'll be the resurrection then? It was a good trailer. Older Bran actually looks quite a bit like Tobias Menzies, so that's not bad casting really.

Brakke

Banned
A chuckled a bit, but then I thought, why is she going naked? It's not required for resurrection, nor is she going to make another shadow demon.

I'm pretty sure the trailer encompasses more than just the first episode back. Ten eps is plenty of time for her to find someone needs seducing.

Azzanadra

Was that Stannis on the cross? Fuck me. So much for not wanting to show Stannis death because it would be gratuitous.... so you show his flayed body burning on a pyre?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom