• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

Also, was Gendry just keeping that hammer out in the open? The one with an ornate Baratheon sigil on it? That's not exactly keeping a low profile when he's trying to avoid being recognized as one of Robert's bastards.

You know what? I'm ok with this!

The show has clearly gone full on fan fiction / fanservice at this point, so screw it, go all out I guess. Basically everything past season 4 has been all style over substance really with fantastic production values but often times ho-hum plotting and writing.

This whole plot of "Let's just grab a Wight and that'll convince everyone this is a real problem!" is just kind of stupid though. I mean, didn't they do this exact same thing way back in season 1? Or was it only in the book? And basically the Wight rotted away by the time they got it down to King's Landing? I guess with the teleporters they have on the show they'll get the Wight down to King's Landing Next Day Express via dragons or something? Otherwise this just seems like the showrunners doing something the books already tried except it'll work this time because... well, because there are only 8 episodes left and they need to wrap this thing up, I guess.

I didn't do any research but I thought they just brought the hand and it was dismissed.

pr0cs

I ain't even mad about the fanfic seven heading north.. How could I be when it's all my favourite characters?
Loved Thoros ask about the big woman too.

Chase17

All her advisors: "You know Dany, you should really stop burning people"

Dany: *chooses to execute via burning people to death*

It's sad that I would hope that they wouldn't make Arya this stupid for the sake of a contrived plot but after last season i'm sure that is exactly what is happening.

Honestly

I'm going to bet that Arya knows that the letter is a plant. I'm going to bet that Arya knew that LF was in the shadows. After all she fucking killed another assassin in the dark. LF hiding 5 feet away smirking ain't shit to her.

And then they kill little finger because oh my god his scheming needs to burn in a fire.

jett

D-Member
Of course you didn't, you were posting during the show instead of paying attention to it. ;)

I mentally tuned out when the seven started walking into the snow, obvious endpoint for the episode. :p

I don't understand why is Gendry there. Davos, the asshole, recruited him for a potential suicide mission. He's a talented blacksmith, he'd be more useful crafting obsidian weapons. Hopefully he forged himself an obsidian hammer before the westerosi avengers assembled.

Sotha_Sil

I don't think Dawn exists in the show verse

We saw it in the flashback to the Tower of Joy. Arthur Dayne sticks the sword in the ground before briefly talking to Edd & Friends. It had the distinct tip on the pommel, just like what we see with Beric's sword.

update - and now that I look closer, the pommel is slightly different and the hilt is completely different. Nevermind.

Nah it's his same sword from when he fought the Hound with the flame trick, and it's going to be AWESOME.

That sword was chopped in half when the Hound killed him. Also, Beric had to cut and wave his hand to light the one in the duel. This one seems to light spontaneously. Maybe Beric's upped his game and doesn't need blood to light it any more? Or perhaps it's something like how Melisandre's powers are stronger when she's near the Wall.

thefro

How in the hell are 5 humans (Gendry, Thoros, Clegane. Jorah, Tormund) and two zombies (Jon, and Berric) going to go up against literally thousands of White Walkers and not all get themselves killed? That's some bullshit. .

It's probably 6 of the 7 best fighters on the show (Frankenmountain goes in somewhere), plus Gendry who comes from good stock.

They could probably kill a few hundred each given previous feats.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I mentally tuned out when the seven started walking into the snow, obvious endpoint for the episode. :p

I don't understand why is Gendry there. Davos, the asshole, recruited him for a potential suicide mission. He's a talented blacksmith, he'd be more useful crafting obsidian weapons. Hopefully he forged himself an obsidian hammer before the westerosi avengers assembled.
That's what Davos wanted him to do at Winterfell and Gendry was all "fuck that, I wanna fight alongside my papa's bff's son beyond the wall!".

dle5BI1.jpg

Squad Up!!

Ramirez

That's not why Davos got him at all...lol.

Arkeband

Banned
A lot of teleporting and stupid posturing in this episode. Hopefully the last two episodes are an exhilarating sprint toward the final season.

Gilly reading an extremely important plot point and Sam telling her to stfu was hilarious blue balling of the audience, I have no idea what the fuck that was about.

UraMallas

A lot of teleporting and stupid posturing in this episode. Hopefully the last two episodes are an exhilarating sprint toward the final season.

Gilly reading an extremely important plot point and Sam telling her to stfu was hilarious blue balling of the audience, I have no idea what the fuck that was about.

I think you nailed exactly what it was about. haha

Loved the juxtaposition of Jon and Gendry's conversation (you're skinny/you're short) vs Ned and Robert's (you're old/you're fat). Down to the nonverbal reactions. So great.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
How in the hell are 5 humans (Gendry, Thoros, Clegane. Jorah, Tormund) and two zombies (Jon, and Berric) going to go up against literally thousands of White Walkers and not all get themselves killed? That's some bullshit. .

White Walkers aka Others = ice wizard demon god dudes, led by the Night King. We've only seen a handful of them at a time. They're pretty much invincible unless you use obsidian against them like Sam the Slayer did to save Gilly, or (per the show) Valyrian steel like Jon at Hardhome.

The Army of the Dead = wights = magically reanimated corpses under the control of the WW/Others. Wights are tough but can be destroyed with conventional weaponry and are very weak to fire. Also wights are mindless zombies while Others/WWs have intelligence and language.

There are thousands of wights, not White Walkers. Regular forces can face off against wights, especially with a good defensive position and fire, like at the Fist of the First Men.

Faddy

Banned
So the letter Arya got was Sansa's plea for Robb to bend da knee to Joffrey.

Littlefinger planting more strife between the sisters.

except for jaime and bronn getting away from dany's army with a second swim, i have to say that was pretty good

So the letter Arya got was Sansa's plea for Robb to bend da knee to Joffrey.

Littlefinger planting more strife between the sisters.

has anyone posted the text of this letter or a screenshot

Faddy

Banned
White Walkers aka Others = ice wizard demon god dudes, led by the Night King. We've only seen a handful of them at a time. They're pretty much invincible unless you use obsidian against them like Sam the Slayer did to save Gilly, or (per the show) Valyrian steel like Jon at Hardhome.

The Army of the Dead = wights = magically reanimated corpses under the control of the WW/Others. Wights are tough but can be destroyed with conventional weaponry and are very weak to fire.

There are thousands of wights, not White Walkers. Regular forces can face off against wights, especially with a good defensive position and fire, like at the Fist of the First Men.

They even brought a fire mage with their party.

Patriots7

Loved the juxtaposition of Jon and Gendry's conversation (you're skinny/you're short) vs Ned and Robert's (you're old/you're fat). Down to the nonverbal reactions. So great.
Except Jon is supposed to be tall-ish, or at least Ned's height. Robb was the shorter but stockier one.

And Ned was like average height, because Brandon was the tall one.

JakeD

We got proof that Jon targaryen is legitimate, got to see him get cozy with a dragon, and got to see gendry killing shit with a baratheon war hammer. Holy shit

welp, i found the text of the letter that arya stole it was the letter that sansa wrote to robb under threat at the behest of cersei

Robb, I write to you with a heavy heart. Our good king Robert is dead, killed from wounds he took in a boar hunt. Father has been charged with treason. He conspired with Robert’s brothers against my beloved Joffrey and tried to steal his throne. The Lannisters are treating me very well and provide me with every comfort. I beg you: come to King’s Landing, swear fealty to King Joffrey and prevent any strife between the great houses of Lannister and Stark.

if arya and sansa actually fall for this stupid plot to turn them against each other, that would be so fucking dumb

arya and sansa will absolutely fall for this stupid plot to turn them against each other, just like they hav always fought each other

it's like poetry

Top Bottom