• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

has anyone posted the text of this letter or a screenshot

Posted on Reddit:

"Robb, I write to you with a heavy heart. Our good king Robert is dead, killed from wounds he took in a boar hunt. Father has been charged with treason. He conspired with Robert's brothers against my beloved Joffrey and tried to steal his throne. The Lannisters are treating me very well and provide me with every comfort. I beg you: come to King's Landing, swear fealty to King Joffrey and prevent any strife between the great houses of Lannister and Stark."

Littlefinger is playing Arya like a damn fiddle.

Edit: Beaten

I want to see Jon and Sandor do some cool team moves. I need it.

I don't know what that is.

ah, it's a better response to this gif instead of that one

tumblr_ounkf9bVsD1r6imkto1_540.gif

This episode was pure fan service. The only thing it needed was Jon and Dany to bone. I'm definitely enjoying the season, but the lengths they go to get characters together is a little flimsy. I kind of miss the political intrigue of the first three seasons/books. This has to be the most boring war ever.. There's still a lot to like, but my hype levels just took a precipitous drop.

welp, i found the text of the letter that arya stole it was the letter that sansa wrote to robb under threat at the behest of cersei

if arya and sansa actually fall for this stupid plot to turn them against each other, that would be so fucking dumb

arya and sansa will absolutely fall for this stupid plot to turn them against each other, just like they hav always fought each other

it's like poetry

Nah Bran is there to save the day. He will show them both the truth.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Posted on Reddit:

"Robb, I write to you with a heavy heart. Our good king Robert is dead, killed from wounds he took in a boar hunt. Father has been charged with treason. He conspired with Robert’s brothers against my beloved Joffrey and tried to steal his throne. The Lannisters are treating me very well and provide me with every comfort. I beg you: come to King’s Landing, swear fealty to King Joffrey and prevent any strife between the great houses of Lannister and Stark."

Littlefinger is playing Arya like a damn fiddle.

Edit: Beaten

Arya never played the Game of Thrones!

Patriots7

I mean. That's just not the case in the show. I don't know why that matters, I guess.
I'm not holding it against them or criticizing them for not adhering to the books, that exchange just stood out to me.
Even in show world, they're all around the same height, so Gendry calling Jon short was just strange to me.

Like look at the first season, Ned and Robert are around the same height, and Jon and Ned are about the same height. Whatever.

TTG

I gotta say, both the newfound tension between sisters who just reunited and Jon's quest to parade a zombie around in front of Cersei as if that will change something are flimsy. Isn't the army of the dead practically up against the wall anyway? You'll have all the proof you can handle right around the corner. It's nice to see Little Finger in his element, but this seems forced. Hopefully it's not a protracted thing, I'd rather have Sansa lose the north, but stay on ok terms with Arya than some arc that will take the better part of 2 seasons just to realize they were stupid to be mad at each other all along.

Ok episode, but as soon as it started and I saw Jaime neatly escape without so much as a hello it took the wind out of its sails.

Maybe the plan is to try capturing one "alive".

But who is to say that the Wight wouldn't be decomposed on the way down to King's Landing? They tried bringing a creepy crawly Wight hand but the problem before was that by the time they got to King's Landing it had decomposed.

Obviously here, they'll probably just fly down to King's Landing? Or put the Wight in a refrigerator to keep him from spoiling? It just seems narratively lazy to me to have these characters basically try the exact same thing that totally didn't work 6 seasons ago. And yet it'll probably work this season, just because the writers need it to work now cause they're only doing 7 more episodes. Couldn't they come up with something else?

This episode was pure fan service. The only thing it needed was Jon and Dany to bone. I'm definitely enjoying the season, but the lengths they go to get characters together is a little flimsy. I kind of miss the political intrigue of the first three seasons/books. This has to be the most boring war ever.. There's still a lot to like, but my hype levels just took a precipitous drop.
what I got out of this episode reinforces what I thought before in that she has the hots for him way more than the other way around

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I gotta say, both the newfound tension between sisters who just reunited and Jon's quest to parade a zombie around in front of Cersei as if that will change something are flimsy. Isn't the army of the dead practically up against the wall anyway? You'll have all the proof you can handle right around the corner. It's nice to see Little Finger in his element, but this seems forced. Hopefully it's not a protracted thing, I'd rather have Sansa lose the north, but stay on ok terms with Arya than some arc that will take the better part of 2 seasons just to realize they were stupid to be mad at each other all along.

Ok episode, but as soon as it started and I saw Jaime neatly escape without so much as a hello it took the wind out of its sails.

They could literally find someone terminally ill or recently deceased and just wait a while without burning the body, lol. Mission accomplished.

Faddy

Banned
If only there was a direwolf that Jon had readily available who could help out with these sort of things? Ah well.

Hey guys lets swing 1000 miles out the way to Winterfell to get my dog. Not going to fly.

What he should have done is warg Ghost and have him meet there. Or have Bran tell Ghost to go meet Jon at the Wall.

Dammit now I'm mad. They should have totally had Bran tell Ghost to be at Eastwatch.

But who is to say that the Wight wouldn't be decomposed on the way down to King's Landing? They tried bringing a creepy crawly Wight hand but the problem before was that by the time they got to King's Landing it had decomposed.

Obviously here, they'll probably just fly down to King's Landing? Or put the Wight in a refrigerator to keep him from spoiling? It just seems narratively lazy to me to have these characters basically try the exact same thing that totally didn't work 6 seasons ago. And yet it'll probably work this season, just because the writers need it to work now cause they're only doing 7 more episodes. Couldn't they come up with something else?
Maybe since Winter is here, the wight won't decompose as fast as it did it season 1. Or maybe keeping one whole stalls the decomposition process

jett

D-Member
They could literally find someone terminally ill or recently deceased and just wait a while without burning the body, lol. Mission accomplished.

But don't you wish GRRM had thought up of #SQWAD?

This isn't The Walking Dead, it's gotta be raised by the WW.

I think corpses revive on their own in the north. What about the ones that attacked Mormont inside Castle Black.

TTG

Yea but, even with fast travel being on, you have the journey to the army, daring mission whatever, trip back, let Dany know, set up a meet with Jaime/Cersei... it's like 15 steps and then 7 days later the actual army shows up.

This and the intrigue at Winterfell feel like something for the characters to do.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I think corpses revive on their own in the north. I guess you forgot about the ones that attacked Mormont inside Castle Black.
The one killed by a WW? No I didn't forget. I should've said unless they're killed by the WW or raised by them. ;)

PFD

What did little finger give to the peasant lady? Was he just trying to look suspicious to get Arya to follow him?

duckroll

I think corpses revive on their own in the north. What about the ones that attacked Mormont inside Castle Black.

Those were already wights when they found them. They were just pretending to be corpses until they infiltrated back into the keep.

TTG

Yep, he was probably playing her the entire episode.

She did look kind of dumb gawping at him out in the open all episode, sneak around or put on a face or something. At least wear something that's not like regal Stark garb.

erawsd

So, assuming the wiki is accurate, it sounds like Allister actually makes it to King's Landing with the hand intact. The decomposition is blamed on Tyrion making them wait and not the trip.

Othor's still-moving hand is sent to King's Landing in a jar with Ser Alliser Thorne to impress on the Iron Throne the severity of the threat from beyond the Wall so that the king may send more troops to the Wall. Tyrion Lannister keeps Alliser waiting so long that Othor's hand decomposes, leaving bones, and is therefore unconvincing.[11]

Top Bottom