• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

actually, maybe it was for the best that i didn't post my hunch that jon would try to capture a wight, or some mod would have thought that i had read spoilers for the season and were posting them under the guise of "guessing"

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Might be the worst episode since Unbowed Unbent Unbroken.

Cersei being pregnant/Jamie falling in love again.
Arya/Littlefinger shenanigans
Jon Snow's plan (what a good way to kill off extra characters)
Gilly connviently finding Rhaegar's annulment
Probably other stuff I am forgetting

Hey guys lets swing 1000 miles out the way to Winterfell to get my dog. Not going to fly.

What he should have done is warg Ghost and have him meet there. Or have Bran tell Ghost to go meet Jon at the Wall.

Dammit now I'm mad. They should have totally had Bran tell Ghost to be at Eastwatch.

Yeah, I didn't expect them to go all the way back to get him. It was more of a general grumpiness about the under-utilisation of the direwolves. I want to see a direwolf really go to town during a battle, like Grey Wind did with Robb off screen. We got a glimpse of it during the Battle of Castle Black, but I just need more of it in my life.

Werd

This was definitely the most "wrap it up" cliff notes episode so far. Scenes like Jaime meeting Tyrion for the first time after killing their father should not be rushed through. And man Sam just the serial thief at this point, never had to hear from his dad about stealing Heartsbane either. Not one of my favorites of the season, though still scenes I liked in there of course. Jon/Drogon was nicely done, good to see Gendry regardless of it being kind of forced in, i liked the visuals of the ash covered battlefield.

Still can't wait for next week.

jfkgoblue

Yeah, I didn't expect them to go all the way back to get him. It was more of a general grumpiness about the under-utilisation of the direwolves. I want to see a direwolf really go to town during a battle, like Grey Wind did with Robb off screen. We got a glimpse of it during the Battle of Castle Black, but I just need more of it in my life.
Which is ironic, considering the show severely underutilizes the wolves, but Ghost being added to the Battle at Castle Black was one of the better show changes.

TTG

How much do you want to bet the final scene of the season is Jon and Dany mounting Rhaegal and Drogon to take on the WW army?

Nah, too early for that. My guess:

Cersei has a ploy to poison/burn Dany that could literally backfire, but maybe just figuratively

Greyworm is gonna be in the middle of the shit, I'm just not sure against whom

Jon is still beyond the Wall

Maybe Little Finger takes the North? Hard to tell, but there's gotta be more at stake than getting rid of Arya, he's been around well before she showed up

Sammy joins up as Dany's Maester

We saw it in the flashback to the Tower of Joy. Arthur Dayne sticks the sword in the ground before briefly talking to Edd & Friends. It had the distinct tip on the pommel, just like what we see with Beric's sword.

update - and now that I look closer, the pommel is slightly different and the hilt is completely different. Nevermind.

That sword was chopped in half when the Hound killed him. Also, Beric had to cut and wave his hand to light the one in the duel. This one seems to light spontaneously. Maybe Beric's upped his game and doesn't need blood to light it any more? Or perhaps it's something like how Melisandre's powers are stronger when she's near the Wall.

Yeah, I don't think that is dawn though. It's just a normal sword.

Might be the worst episode since Unbowed Unbent Unbroken.

Cersei being pregnant/Jamie falling in love again.

I didn't quite read Jaime's reaction that way

Arya/Littlefinger shenanigans

agreed, dumb af

Jon Snow's plan (what a good way to kill off extra characters)
Gilly connviently finding Rhaegar's annulment
Probably other stuff I am forgetting

i was ok with these

except for the arya/littlefinger stuff and bronn and jaime very conveniently avoiding capture thanks to taking a half-minute swim, i qute liked the episode

Linkin112

Not to mention, DD have said that they're apparently not restricted in episode length for the final season. Claiming that they'd be willing to go 2 hours per episode if necessary(though not wanting to). We'll see how true that becomes.
Jeeze, 6 episodes might not be so bad if they end up as the length of a standard season or possibly longer.

Lol the Westeros A-Team has just been assembled at East Watch, eh?

I really like how gracefully D&D tied all these plots together in order to get all these loose ends and fan favorite fighters in one place. Really masterful /s

Not to mention, DD have said that they're apparently not restricted in episode length for the final season. Claiming that they'd be willing to go 2 hours per episode if necessary(though not wanting to). We'll see how true that becomes.

Wow, that's great news. The runtime might be closer to a full season then.

I really like how gracefully D&D tied all these plots together in order to get all these loose ends and fan favorite fighters in one place. Really masterful /s

Honestly the only offender is Gendry. The rest seem fairly natural to me.

jett

D-Member
We in Episode 6 next week and Cersei will still be a thing. I honestly did not expect that. I guess it's all but confirmed she makes it to next season at this point. It really annoys me that Cersei has been doing so well this season. And now she gonna be in some potential armistice/alliance with Jon Snow and Daenerys to fight the White Walkers? I cannot see this happening in the books ever.

Save us fAegon!

p.s. I hate GRRM.

This episode was pure fan service. The only thing it needed was Jon and Dany to bone. I'm definitely enjoying the season, but the lengths they go to get characters together is a little flimsy. I kind of miss the political intrigue of the first three seasons/books. This has to be the most boring war ever.. There's still a lot to like, but my hype levels just took a precipitous drop.

It's so fan servicey. The Gendry rowing joke was great but everyone on screen might as well have paused for a beat and just looked at the camera.

I hope Gendry doesnt get killed next episode but I feel like that is going to happen.

Nah, it'll be Jorah. Gendry's gotta see Arya again. Jorah tho went through ALL THAT just to die. Mark it.

BETTER NOT BE TORMUND.

They could literally find someone terminally ill or recently deceased and just wait a while without burning the body, lol. Mission accomplished.

^^^^and that will be Jorah's fate, I expect. Also, shouldn't they have been dragging a big cage or something, like... uh... I don't feel like they planned this.

This isn't The Walking Dead, it's gotta be raised by the WW.

Nah, randos will rise. Isn't that why they wanted them to burn the bodies? The NK can just mass raise on demand for theatrics.

TTG

Except Brienne, she's gonna have to rescue the Starks... again.

We in Episode 6 next week and Cersei will still be a thing. I honestly did not expect that. I guess it's all but confirmed she makes it to next season at this point. It really annoys me that Cersei has been doing so well this season. And now she gonna be in some potential armistice/alliance with Jon Snow and Daenerys to fight the White Walkers? I cannot see this happening in the books ever.

I like Cersei. She is fun to watch, and Headey is fucking killing it

Save us fAegon!

yes pls

WaffleTaco

Watch faegon landing at Storms End be the season finale as Jon arrives at Dragonstone at the end of next episode, and him and Dany just ride the dragons and burn all the White Walkers down during episode 7.

Brakke

Banned

Save us fAegon!

p.s. I hate GRRM.

How can you even for a second think she'd accept an armistice. She all but promised to murder Dany even under a flag of negotiation.

erawsd

welp, i found the text of the letter that arya stole it was the letter that sansa wrote to robb under threat at the behest of cersei

if arya and sansa actually fall for this stupid plot to turn them against each other, that would be so fucking dumb

arya and sansa will absolutely fall for this stupid plot to turn them against each other, just like they hav always fought each other

it's like poetry

Its a dumb plot point but I don't think its that far fetched for Arya to fall for it. Arya and Sansa have never gotten along. Sansa lied to protect Joffrey the last time they were together, she doesnt defend Jon when the other Northern lords are bashing him, and now we have a note in her writing telling Robb to surrender. Theres enough there that I could buy Arya being resentful and not trusting her sister's motives.

WaffleTaco

Also completely forgot Arya saying they should cut off people's heads because they insulted her brother. Seriously her and Joffrey would have been perfect.

Its a dumb plot point but I don't think its that far fetched for Arya to fall for it. Arya and Sansa have never gotten along. Sansa lied to protect Joffrey the last time they were together, she doesnt defend Jon when the other Northern lords are bashing him, and now we have a note in her writing telling Robb to surrender. Theres enough there that I could buy Arya being resentful and not trusting her sister's motives.

They're not showing the audience that Arya and Sansa are actually talking and are luring LF into a trap.

Jon and Dany will bone by end of season, on Drogon's back.

if they just talked it out like reasonable, believable human beings. it shouldn't have to be a thing at all

or, as someone else said, bran should set them straight if he could get his head out of the leaves

Magnus

Wait, what was the revelation about Jon this episode? That he isn't Ned's bastard? Didn't we have that confirmed last season with Bran's flashbacks?

Also, can someone explain to me what purpose each member of the Eastwatch Squad has in heading out beyond the Wall? It really did seem like a contrived way to mash em all together for some crazy adventure.

Wait, what was the revelation about Jon this episode? That he isn't Ned's bastard? Didn't we have that confirmed last season with Bran's flashbacks?

technically, they only confirmed the mother last season

this episode's revelations are hints for the five or so watchers who didn't hear who the father was from friends or online

They already have a name, Eastwatch Squad.

that's pretty good!

jett

D-Member

No, that was confirmation that he isn't Ned's son.

This is confirmation that he's a trueborn son and not just a bastard.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!

Rhaegar dissolved his marriage with Elia Martell and maried Lyanna, making Jon the legitimate heir to the Iron Throne.

TTG

This Winterfell plot can't be real.

I just can't.

Guys please tell me its an elaborate joke.... please....

Would a joke have this gratuitous of a shot?

giphy.gif

hmmmm, HMMMM????

I feel like Berric is going to die just to up the tension. The lord of light has no power here. But then we'll never find out why he kept getting resurrected in the first place.

Also, how did Gendry get Robert's hammer?

WaffleTaco

Also, can someone explain to me what purpose each member of the Eastwatch Squad has in heading out beyond the Wall? It really did seem like a contrived way to mash em all together for some crazy adventure.
The revelation is that he's not a Targaryen Bastard but a legitimate Targaryen. Here's why the Suicide Squad is going out there:

Jon: to convince Cersei
Jorah: for Dany
Tormund: to help Jon
Gendry: because the plot said he should
Hound: lord of light
Thoros: lord of light
Beric: lord of light
technically, they only confirmed the mother last season

this episode's revelations are hints for the five or so watchers who didn't hear who the father was from friends or online
The father was pretty much confirmed, because who else would have fucked Lyanna. This just confirms he's legitimate and not a bastard.

Top Bottom