• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

Sean C

I think Tyrion has to be designated this season’s Least Valuable Player. After bungling Dany’s initial invasion, he then conceived of a grand stratagem to win Cersei’s alliance that ended up costing them one of Dany’s three dragons (and yes, he told her not to go, but the whole stupid mission was his idea in the first place; had his advice been followed, he would instead have cost Dany her main allies in Westeros) and did not even succeed in convincing Cersei to join them. Really, Dany would have been much better off if Tyrion had fallen overboard on the way to Westeros, rather than having him around trying to convince her to try to conquer Westeros without ever spilling blood. Oh, right, and that led to the White Walkers getting through the Wall too.

RaidenZR

Despite it looking cool while it lasted, the taking down of the wall was pretty disappointing overall.

That's it for The Wall? They didn't even try to attack the dragon? Zero defenses? Not even a couple of archers?

UraMallas

I think Tyrion has to be designated this season’s Least Valuable Player. After bungling Dany’s initial invasion, he then conceived of a grand stratagem to win Cersei’s alliance that ended up costing them one of Dany’s three dragons (and yes, he told her not to go, but the whole stupid mission was his idea in the first place; had his advice been followed, he would instead have cost Dany her main allies in Westeros) and did not even succeed in convincing Cersei to join them. Really, Dany would have been much better off if Tyrion had fallen overboard on the way to Westeros, rather than having him around trying to convince her to try to conquer Westeros without ever spilling blood. Oh, right, and that led to the White Walkers getting through the Wall too.

And he was perving on the incest sex, too. Which was foreboding.

He punctured Viserion's flame sack and now he can breathe blue fire.

I'm willing to overlook people transporting thousands of miles in an instant, but don't kill a dragon by piercing it's flame maker, but now that's fixed?

TTG

Killing Carcetti now would be such a shitty ending for one of the most powerful forces on the show. A season of smirking in the back of Winterfell's dining hall alternating with getting shat on by the surviving Starks, an episode of weak scheming... then death.

/facepalm

And King's Landing took the safest road as well. The show has really lost its bite, that hurts more than the nonsense story lines that were the driving force after loot train. The show works when viewers are off balance, without a volatility there's only spectacle and middling writing left. Oh well.

Explain to me why Rhaegar would name both his sons the same thing.

Rhaegar was following the prophecy, I bet the name Aegon had to do with that prophecy. Rhaegars obsession with the prophecy trumped everything else.

I'm willing to overlook people transporting thousands of miles in an instant, but don't kill a dragon by piercing it's flame maker, but now that's fixed?

It can fly with holes in it wings

so

you know

magic

Edzi

One of the showrunners always calls Cersei "Ser-Say" and it drives me mad.

Speaking of D&D, the inside the episode portion this week continues to be hilarious since it exposes just how bad they are at coming up with this story. Hearing them talk about the Sansa/Arya thing was something.

jfkgoblue

So uh now Dany and Jon get a big shock of holy shit I ducked my aunt/nephew and holy fuck Jon is heir to the Iron Throne at the same time.

_Ryo_

Season was pretty meh imo. Cersi didn't even die. And nothing was really accomplished apart for the dead making ground.

but isn't there magic or some shit that stops them
I think when Bran got touched by the Night's King last year that kind of screwed over whatever magic that protected Bloodraven's cave and once he passed the Wall, it screwed over whatever magical barrier the Wall had built in, undead dragon or not.

One of the showrunners always calls Cersei "Ser-Say" and it drives me mad.

Speaking of D&D, the inside the episode portion this week continues to be hilarious since it exposes just how bad they are at coming up with this story. Hearing them talk about the Sansa/Arya thing was something.

Yeah that was truly hilarious. They act like their writing is so fantastic that they could possibly trick the audience into thinking that Arya and Sansa would go after each other. The only reason people considered that a possibility is because it's stupid enough to fit with some of the other terrible plot lines we've seen

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Explain to me why Rhaegar would name both his sons the same thing.
8GBA7xKm.jpg

The man had her brother’s hair, but he was taller, and his eyes were a dark indigo rather than lilac. “Aegon,” he said to a woman nursing a newborn babe in a great wooden bed. “What better name for a king?” “Will you make a song for him?” the woman asked. “He has a song,” the man replied. “He is the prince that was promised, and his is the song of ice and fire.”

btrboyev

Because D&D do not know Jon's real name since Martin did not write it yet. He told them the story not its details. So D&D have to improvise and Aegon is just a good Targaryan name that is not in the show.

You don't know that. You are just making shit up. None of us have any idea what the show runners know or what Martin has told them.

The execution of Littlefinger was so dumb. Like, they didn't have any proof and if he had just denied everything he could have escaped that situation (assuming it was a fair trial), but no, they had to make him confess, desperately asking for forgiveness. I know it had the surprising effect, but LF should be smarter than that, being outsmarted by three kids.

Also, Arya being the headswoman wasn't really well thought as one of Ned's first lesson is that "the man who passes the sentence should swing the sword". They made the Sansa/Arya duo as something good but it was against the Stark's tradition.

And that dragon alone melting the wall looked hack as fuck. Like, his breath of fire is unlimited? wtf

Lautaro

Are you trying to find logic to zombies?

How they move without working organs and blood? magic.

I reserve my anger for Theon fighting using the power of being cockless (apparently he doesn't have balls too, that's news to me). That shit was stupid.

Faddy

Banned
so I stand by my question, what were they going to do if they didn't get a dragon from that stupid suicide mission???

Just stand there and be like welp.

Wait. They have been waiting for thousands of years.

Why awaken now? It seems pretty certain that the Night King has some sort of seer ability. It is not coincidence that they have come back as dragons re-entered the world.

Zabka

The execution of Littlefinger was so dumb. Like, they didn't have any proof and if he had just denied everything he could have escaped that situation (assuming it was a fair trial), but no, they had to make him confess, desperately asking for forgiveness. I know it had the surprising effect, but LF should be smarter than that, being outsmarted by three kids.

Also, Arya being the headswoman wasn't really well thought as one of Ned's first lesson is that "the man who passes the sentence should swing the sword". They made the Sansa/Arya duo as something good but it was against the Stark's tradition.

And that dragon alone melting the wall looked hack as fuck. Like, his breath of fire is unlimited? wtf

He admitted to killing Lysa. To deny would call the Lady of Winterfell a liar. It was already over.

Top Bottom