• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

The execution of Littlefinger was so dumb. Like, they didn't have any proof and if he had just denied everything he could have escaped that situation (assuming it was a fair trial), but no, they had to make him confess, desperately asking for forgiveness. I know it had the surprising effect, but LF should be smarter than that, being outsmarted by three kids.

Also, Arya being the headswoman wasn't really well thought as one of Ned's first lesson is that "the man who passes the sentence should swing the sword". They made the Sansa/Arya duo as something good but it was against the Stark's tradition.

And that dragon alone melting the wall looked hack as fuck. Like, his breath of fire is unlimited? wtf

One of which could see the past and quote himself back to him flawlessly. I'm not a fan of how they did it, but Bran knowing everything clearly freaked him out and caused his breakdown which narratively made sense at least.

Edit: and yes, Sansa kicking it off with the Lysa accusation pretty much sealed it.

He admitted to killing Lysa. To deny would call the Lady of Winterfell a liar. It was already over.

To hell with the lady of winterfell if it was to save himself. lol

In any case, he said it was to save her, he shouldn't have admiited the rest, the accusation of trying to take the Vale. It was stupid.

Faddy

Banned
Because D&D do not know Jon's real name since Martin did not write it yet. He told them the story not its details. So D&D have to improvise and Aegon is just a good Targaryan name that is not in the show.

All of these plots are direct from George. The letter and Littlefinger, the night king and the dragon, Dany and Jon.

George spilled all the details about the ending. Why do you think they would scrap that and do their own thing. If we know one thing it is D&D are lazy hacks only good at adapting things. So why come up with their own ideas when George told them exactly what to do?

timmy

So did Tyrion flip on Dany during his meeting with
Cersei? The cut to the next scene, plus his sulking outside of Danny's bedroom later made it seem that way.

Also, if the Whitewalkers now have an undead dragon, and an undead Tormund Giantsbane, it's game over.

UraMallas

So Lyanna died just after giving birth way after Rhaegar died at the Trident but somehow he was there also? Time traveling teleporters are awesome!

What are you on about now? I'm confused because I think you're confused. Are you talking about the scene with Ned Stark and Lyanna Stark/Targaryen that Bran saw? That was the Tower of Joy scene from last year revealing Jon's real name.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
So did Tyrion flip on Dany during his meeting with
Cersei? The cut to the next scene, plus his sulking outside of Danny's bedroom later made it seem that way.

Also, if the Whitewalkers now have an undead dragon, and an undead Tormund Giantsbane, it's game over.
Bienne will melt his heart and turn him human again.

Burt

So Lyanna died just after giving birth way after Rhaegar died at the Trident but somehow he was there also? Time traveling teleporters are awesome!

There was no House of the Undying Rhaegar prophecy talk in the show

Underrated scene: Sam's "ohhh that's nice" reaction to Bran saying he's the 3ER ��

100% true.

The exposition dump itself though was weak. They apparently couldn't work that shit in anywhere at all, so they just made a random ass scene about it.

Edzi

All of these plots are direct from George. The letter and Littlefinger, the night king and the dragon, Dany and Jon.

George spilled all the details about the ending. Why do you think they would scrap that and do their own thing. If we know one thing it is D&D are lazy hacks only good at adapting things. So why come up with their own ideas when George told them exactly what to do?

Uh, have you never watched after the credits? It's abundantly clear that they're making this up as they go.

clemenx

Banned
With Cersei talking about the vulnerability of dragons and Euron in Essos I wonder if they'd do Dragonbinder.

Or maybe she meant finding some dope javelin throwers.

The execution of Littlefinger was so dumb. Like, they didn't have any proof and if he had just denied everything he could have escaped that situation (assuming it was a fair trial), but no, they had to make him confess, desperately asking for forgiveness. I know it had the surprising effect, but LF should be smarter than that, being outsmarted by three kids.

That's pretty much how actual medieval trials went, though. If a ruler wanted you convicted and killed and you didn't have enough allies in court, you were dead, plain and simple.

Faddy

Banned
Uh, have you never watched after the credits? It's abundantly clear that they're making this up as they go.

They write everything months in advance of filming. Anyone thinking these aren't the plot points George told them is living in denial.

Sean C

Also, Arya being the headswoman wasn't really well thought as one of Ned's first lesson is that "the man who passes the sentence should swing the sword". They made the Sansa/Arya duo as something good but it was against the Stark's tradition.
They had Bran's word, which is apparently sufficient evidence, since he's magic.

As far as the Arya headswoman thing, the whole "passes sentence/swing sword" maxim is really premised on the idea that the person in charge is an ablebodied man with skill at arms. There's never been a Lady of Winterfell before; Sansa's not trained as an executioner.

Well, it was better than last week

Really, really weird to use the boning scene to tell us they're related. Bran was pretty casual in just dropping that major bomb, but whatever.

Sansa/Arya scenes were a fine conclusion to one of the must frustratingly annoying and predictable plots in the series. It was like the Olly shit all over again. It was super annoying, we knew what the outcome would be, and the 'twist' wasn't worth how annoying it was to watch the Winterfell plot all season. At least the conclusion was better than the Olly thing. It was satisfying seeing Littlefinger get fucked.

Overall, some silly annoying things as always this season, but it was generally fine.

jfkgoblue

They had Bran's word, which is apparently sufficient evidence, since he's magic.

As far as the Arya headswoman thing, the whole "passes sentence/swing sword" maxim is really premised on the idea that the person in charge is an ablebodied man with skill at arms. There's never been a Lady of Winterfell before; Sansa's not trained as an executioner.
There has been a lady of Winterfell before

gspec

It is starting to look like Tyrion is up to something or will betray Dany. In the books, when dany went to the house of dying and she drink the blue stuff. She had visions which one of them showed or told her not to trust the lion. Or may it was the assassin from assai that told her not to trust the lion. Which could mean tyrion?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
i dunno maybe the damage from childbirth took a few months to kill her

maybe dany's vision was figurative
No, you're trying to use a prophesy from the book to say Rhaegar named him when it never happened in the show. Is it possible Lyanna did so after Rhaegar told her to? Sure, but that vision has nothing to do with it.

Edzi

They write everything months in advance of filming. Anyone thinking these aren't the plot points George told them is living in denial.

Lol, look who's talking.

Watch the inside the episode segments. They pretty much admit that they're trying to come up with this stuff as they go.

That's not really really the case when a small girl like Arya was the one executing him.

Edit: I get it. It's fanservice, she is capabale and everything. But they shouldn't have really made that dialogue with Arya praising Sansa for giving the execution.

Burt

Well now I'm curious as to whether Jon is Aegon in the books.

Probably

Because Aegon is there for Dany to have conflict in Westeros in the books

And if this season's Winterfell plot is anything to go by

This show loves its superficial misreadings of characters to manufacture drama

orochi91

OBLBTud.jpg

hot

TheFuzz

It is starting to look like Tyrion is up to something or will betray Dany. In the books, when dany went to the house of dying and she drink the blue stuff. She had visions which one of them showed or told her not to trust the lion. Or may it was the assassin from assai that told her not to trust the lion. Which could mean tyrion?

I thought for a minute tonight they were going to go there after they mentioned the Golden Company. Would be a hell of a last minute twist.

Nah.

I think the theory that he's a Blackfyre, but believes himself to be a true Targ is probably the most likely. Doubt we see anything besides the Golden Company being some useless battle fodder next season.

Thanks!

No, you're trying to use a prophesy from the book to say Rhaegar named him when it never happened in the show. Is it possible Lyanna did so after Rhaegar told her to? Sure, but that vision has nothing to do with it.

no i'm using that excerpt from the book together with the revelation of this episode to argue that jon is named aegon in the books too

Zabka

Bronn taking a powder for the meeting in the Dragon Pit cracked me up because of the rumor that Lena Headey and Jerome Flynn are being purposefully kept apart on set.

Top Bottom