• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

Otome. Also it's time for them to take a gamble of Date a Live.

And more seriously, like everyone other Japanese localization house out there, they can always just get into publishing other company's games.

To be fair, I was talking more of games that could actually sell, not require a 90% off Steam sale to see any numbers like Amnesia did :p. I do think though that they should consider branching out if they don't plan on continuing with much of the Compile Heart catalog. Date a Live would be nice at least if they're sticking to only CH games.

They should absolutely stick with the CH games. I know they said they won't do it but I'd even prefer small alterations to getting nothing at all

Censored Vita release, uncensored Steam release. Seems like a decent compromise if that's the only option

Ephidel

For every single otome title from Idea Factory you get to know, there are another 40 that you don't know. They could release two per month for years and there'd still be a lot.
Even if they tried I doubt they'd ever catch up ^^
I might have missed a few but I tried to keep a list of the otome games due out this year in Japan. I ended up with 41 titles, of which 18 (and a half) of them are Idea Factory (the half being Diabolik Lovers because I'm not entirely sure how that's split with Rejet).

Jan
Storm Lover 2nd V (D3 Publisher)

Feb
Diabolik Lovers Lunatic Parade (Rejet/Idea Factory)
English Detective Mysteria The Crown (Karin Entertainment)
Hyakka Hyakurou (D3 Publisher)
Moshi, Kono Sekai ni Kami-sama ga Iru to suru Naraba (Rejet)
Sangoku Rensenki ~Omoide Gaeshi~ CS Edition (Prototype)

Mar
Akai Suna Ochiru Tsuki (dramaticcreate)
Corda d'Oro 4 (Tecmo Koei)
Dance with Devils (Rejet)
Wand of Fortune R (Idea Factory)

Apr
Brothers Conflict Precious Baby (Idea Factory)
Kamigami no Asobi InFinite (Broccoli)
Nil Admirari (Idea Factory)

May
Kenka Bancho Otome (Spike Chunsoft)
Kyoukai no Shirayuki (Idea Factory)
Period Cube (Idea Factory)
SA7 -SILENT ABILITY SEVEN- (Petit Reve)

Jun
Alice Taishou All in One (Prototype)
Hakuouki Shinkai Hana no Shou (Idea Factory)
Koezaru wa Akai Hana ~Koi wa Tsuki ni Michibikareru~ (dramaticcreate)
Zettai Kaikyuu Gakuen ~Eden with roses and phantasm~ (Prototype)

Jul
7'scarlet (Idea Factory)

Aug
Beast and Princess (Idea Factory)
Collar x Malice (Idea Factory)
Meiji Tokyo Renka Full Moon (Love&Art)
Oumagatoki ~Kakuriyo no Enishi~ (Extend)

Sep
Bara ni Kakusareshi Verite (Idea Factory)
DYNAMIC CHORD feat.[rêve parfait] V edition (HoneyBee Black)
Geten no Hana (Tecmo Koei)
Magic Kyun Renaissance (Broccoli)
Psychedelica of the Aa-nisus (Idea Factory)
Yuukyuu no Tierblade -Lost Chronicle (Idea Factory)
Yunohana SpRING! ~Cherishing Time~ (Idea Factory)

Oct
Norn9 Act Tune (Idea Factory)
PsychicEmotion6 (Idea Factory)
Suran digit (Idea Factory)

Nov
Code Realize ~Future Blessing~ (Idea Factory)
Hakuouki Yuugiroku Taishi-tachi no Daienkai (Idea Factory)
Torikago no Marriage ~Hatsukoi no Tsubasa~ (dramaticcreate)

Dec
Ken ga Kimi Momoyo Tsuzuri (Rejet)
HaruToki 6 Gentou Rondo (Tecmo Koei)
It's mad, really.
I'd love to see Aksys go after a D3 otome game or especially a Ruby Party title. Just to see what the genre is like made by these other studios (not because I dislike Otomate's stuff, just out of curiosity's sake).
I really wish Tecmo Koei would try their Ruby Party stuff here but they obviously think it's too big a risk. I can kind of understand it, but it still sucks. Their games look somewhat meatier than some of the ones other companies put out.

jzbluz

I really wish Tecmo Koei would try their Ruby Party stuff here but they obviously think it's too big a risk. I can kind of understand it, but it still sucks. Their games look somewhat meatier than some of the ones other companies put out.

I've been playing Harukanaru 6 a bit and it's been fun so far. I think it could sell to a bigger audience than to the otome fanbase due to it being a RPG, but KT obviously doesn't think so.

To be fair, I was talking more of games that could actually sell, not require a 90% off Steam sale to see any numbers like Amnesia did :p. I do think though that they should consider branching out if they don't plan on continuing with much of the Compile Heart catalog. Date a Live would be nice at least if they're sticking to only CH games.

Well I mean, it's not like Hyperdevotion Noire is selling gangbusters without discounts. And I mean if they'd brought Mugen Souls across they'd have been even worse off (I don't get how those games have done quite so badly considering what Neptunia did).

I kinda feel the Steamport bubble is popping a bit. Obviously not so much that it's never going to be not worth porting, but it seems with so much niche stuff releasing all the time it means that individual releases get less attention. Look at things like XBlaze (complete disaster) and even some of Sekai's games (I'm shocked the newest Grisaia is hovering around 3k) for other recent VN's.

So in that regard, I don't think Amnesia did that badly especially since it's a long term investment that'll keep selling in many Steam sales to come.

But yeah, anyway, I think they should consider branching out too. There's a lot of Japanese content out there and having another localization house on board wouldn't hurt!

Well I mean, it's not like Hyperdevotion Noire is selling gangbusters without discounts. And I mean if they'd brought Mugen Souls across they'd have been even worse off (I don't get how those games have done quite so badly considering what Neptunia did).

I kinda feel the Steamport bubble is popping a bit. Obviously not so much that it's never going to be not worth porting, but it seems with so much niche stuff releasing all the time it means that individual releases get less attention. Look at things like XBlaze (complete disaster) and even some of Sekai's games (I'm shocked the newest Grisaia is hovering around 3k) for other recent VN's.

So in that regard, I don't think Amnesia did that badly especially since it's a long term investment that'll keep selling in many Steam sales to come.

But yeah, anyway, I think they should consider branching out too. There's a lot of Japanese content out there and having another localization house on board wouldn't hurt!

Lol when clannad launched steam forums were all salty at the price because they could "play the fan translations" for free 👀

Most of VNs on steam are overpriced - those games have super low development budgets due to their nature so people aren't too happy to pay AAA or near AAA prices.

I can't justify dropping 15$ for few hours of content in case of episodic stuff like Fault Milestone One.

Most of VNs on steam are overpriced - those games have super low development budgets due to their nature so people aren't too happy to pay AAA or near AAA prices.

I can't justify dropping 15$ for few hours of content in case of episodic stuff like Fault Milestone One.

I mean, I can understand it for the doujin stuff, but what's wrong about paying full price for things like Clannad and Grisaia? They're premium products in Japan.

Fdkn

I don't get why 'low budget' deserves low price but no matter how big the budget for a game is they're not allowed to charge over $60. That way of thinking is trying to make niche genres 'lesser' games.

30 hours reading Steins;Gate are better than 30 hours playing the AAA fps of your choice for me, so I certainly would pay more for the VN. Indeed I already did.

VLiberty

Velocity Ultra or XCOM? Got 10 bucks to spend. (XCOm is on sale)

Velocity Ultra is a masterpiece, you need to play that and its sequel.

That said, XCOM is likely to feature more "bang for its buck"(haven't played it but I often hear people saying they've played it for dozens of hours, Velocity is quite short even aiming for the 100%, which is how it should be played regardless) and it would be wiser to buy it now as it's on sale, then wait for a sale on VU

RK128

Its amazing how this thread more or less became the new VitaGaf thread in the past few months XD! The PSN thread is all but dead at his point, so nice to see so much activity here.

For the poster interested in Velocity Ultra/X2 & XCOM, get Velocity. The on-foot sections are literally 2D Sonic with a gun and they are fantastic, while the main ship combat across both Ultra & X2 is really solid as well. Really solid games I highly recommend :).

Regarding the discussion on VN's and the price point for them, they should be priced as full games like any other Vita title. The translation work put into them should be appreciated, the hand-drawn stills took time to make and the story itself is like buying a good book at points. So, I have no issue throwing 30-40 bucks for a VN on my Vita :).

Hope everyone is having a great weekend and playing great games on their Vita's!

Saphirax

Low development budgets? Translation and VA can get costly no matter what. At the end of the day, publishers need to make money. Are some VNs overpriced? Possibly. Most? No way.

I'd take a few hours of content for $15 over 8-10 hours of content for $60.

Velocity Ultra is a masterpiece, you need to play that and its sequel.

That said, XCOM is likely to feature more "bang for its buck"(haven't played it but I often hear people saying they've played it for dozens of hours, Velocity is quite short even aiming for the 100%, which is how it should be played regardless) and it would be wiser to buy it now as it's on sale, then wait for a sale on VU

Thanks, really loved the VU demo, will get that next- got Castlevania SOTN.

yaffi

Nah, make it free. Translation is easy, anyone can do it!

That's not what I meant and you probably know it.

I thought localization work was hard :l? Entire jobs and careers are built around it.....

If that was a joke, then okay, very funny :). If not, sorry if I'm wrong about anything guys.

It's kind of a joke. I don't know if you follow stuff around VN localizations, but quite some of these don't have a lot of effort put into.

edit: Well, on the other side the VN localization industry (or whatever it is called) has a big problem with piracy and a lot of people in the VN "community" think they should get everything for free since they got their games for "free" for years.

18-Volt

So, Destiny trophies got Vita tag with last update.

9ihBpsA.jpg

If it's a mistake it's the second time this happening. First one was Batman Arkham Origins and that didn't come with an update. Kinda suspicious, making a mistake like that.

So, Destiny trophies got Vita tag with last update.

If it's a mistake it's the second time this happening. First one was Batman Arkham Origins and that didn't come with an update. Kinda suspicious, making a mistake like that.

Plenty of games do this. Shinovi Versus has a PS3 tag. Ratchet Into the Nexus has a Vita tag. Nothing came of those.

18-Volt

Plenty of games do this. Shinovi Versus has a PS3 tag. Ratchet Into the Nexus has a Vita tag. Nothing came of those.

Probably they must have considered ports. Because Into the Nexus not only had a Vita tag, it was also rated by ESRB and PEGI for Vita. Something must have happened, they scrapped the Vita port.

VLiberty

Probably they must have considered ports. Because Into the Nexus not only had a Vita tag, it was also rated by ESRB and PEGI for Vita. Something must have happened, they scrapped the Vita port.

Yes, it totally was in development for Vita, some members from Tin Giant even had it in their portfolio.

I hop we get a localized Galge game someday.

That's the dream. You have to assume the cost to license Otome games is near zero.

Yes, it totally was in development for Vita, some members from Tin Giant even had it in their portfolio.

What a disaster that would have been. Tin Giant's port of FFA is legitimately one of the worst ports I've ever seen. They probably wouldn't have released that either if they hadn't promised cross-buy.

Saphirax

That's the dream. You have to assume the cost to license Otome games is near zero.

What a disaster that would have been. Tin Giant's port of FFA is legitimately one of the worst ports I've ever seen. They probably wouldn't have released that either if they hadn't promised cross-buy.

With the amount of famous VA it definitely isn't near zero :p.

As much as I'd love Destiny on my Vita, the fact it'd be always online means I'd only ever play it at home, since the other places that I usually take my Vita don't have wifi, so it'd render the game kinda pointless, I'd just play it on my PS4 instead (plus my Vita wifi is a bit spotty, I'd hate to drop from the end of a raid accidentally and not get any rewards!)

One game I'm really pleased I picked up though is Pinball Arcade. I grabbed the first season pass and while it seemed fairly pricey I did enjoy the base tables included with the game so I took a gamble with it. And I'm glad I took the chance, I've barely played anything else on my Vita all month, its such a brilliant time waster - 10 minutes to spare? Hit up a pinball table and aim for the high score or go for one of the challenges. A couple of the tables are a bit underwhelming (Big Shot feels borderline unfair at times, feels like it screws me over) while other tables are just brilliant to play (the Star Trek table is really impressive with all the secrets it packs into the holodeck alone!)

Also, I've been playing through my import copy of Time Travelers. Its such a shame that this was never translated (it did badly in Japan from what I understand) as its a great interactive story (more in line with Telltales releases than a visual novel, since its fully animated). The story and characters are brilliant, I'm now on the final chapter and I'm hoping for a happy ending (the previous chapter being fairly bittersweet).

Takao

Banned
That's obviously a glitch, but if we lived in a world where it wasn't: my god Sony, if you're going to port an ActiBliz game to Vita make it a Blizzard one. Overwatch might melt Vita's CPU, but it would still sell well in Japan.

That's obviously a glitch, but if we lived in a world where it wasn't: my god Sony, if you're going to port an ActiBliz game to Vita make it a Blizzard one. Overwatch might melt Vita's CPU, but it would still sell well in Japan.

Both Overwatch and Splatoon on portable will DESTROY everything else there.

Was watching my sister play Sonic the Hedghog 2 on our old Sega console, I thought to myself how much i would love to play Sonic 1,2,3 and CD on my Vita.

Do it Sega, pleaseeeee

Vita 2 would be announced a month later

incpdo

Wait whattttttt for real?

Edit: can't seem to find it in the past store.

yes and also has :

Titles included in the Sega Genesis Collection
# Title Release Notes
#01 Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle 1989
#02 Altered Beast 1989
#03 Bonanza Bros. 1990
#04 Columns 1990
#05 Comix Zone 1995
#06 Decap Attack 1991
#07 Ecco the Dolphin 1993
#08 Ecco: The Tides of Time 1994
#09 Ecco Jr. 1995
#10 Flicky 1991
#11 Gain Ground 1991
#12 Golden Axe 1989
#13 Golden Axe II 1991
#14 Golden Axe III 1993
#15 Kid Chameleon 1992
#16 Phantasy Star II 1989
#17 Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom 1991
#18 Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium 1994
#19 Ristar 1995
#20 Shadow Dancer: The Secret of Shinobi 1990 unavailable in the PAL release
#21 Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master 1993
#22 Sonic the Hedgehog 1991
#23 Sonic the Hedgehog 2 1992
#24 Super Thunder Blade 1988
#25 Sword of Vermilion 1990
#26 Vectorman 1995
#27 Vectorman 2 1996
#28 Virtua Fighter 2 1996

Plus some unlockable games:

This is a PSP game :
At least in NA you can purchase and download the collection on your ps3 then transfer it to your Vita(i dont know if you can do it in the EU version)

Edit 2: Here is the link for the NA version https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/sega-genesis-collection/cid=UP0177-ULUS10192_00-SEGAGENCOLLPSP01

Hikami

So I've been playing Taiko no Tatsujin V version.. Didn't take that long to get used to button controls instead of the sticks like I'm used to with the 3DS versions.
Still wish you could play with the touch screen though.

This game is going to fuck up my eyes. I had this problem with the 3DS games but it happens much faster here, like after 2 or 3 songs my vision just gets blurry for a while.

Was almost able to complete my first song on Oni difficulty at least. Couldn't complete any of them in the 3DS versions.

N° 2048

Those 60FPS effects over the 30FPS gameplay threw me off lol

Also this game looks pretty great

You should give the Senran Kagura games a try if you haven't, they have a lot going for them beyond the exploding clothes.

What are these types of games called? Senran Kagura: Estival Versus and Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus look good.

This is a new genre for me.

What are these types of games called? Senran Kagura: Estival Versus and Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus look good.

I guess they're 3D beat em ups (with boobs)? And yeah those are the two on Vita and you can start the franchise with Shinovi Versus. The 3DS games are a bit more serious and give a bit of backstory but you can quickly read up on it (Senran Kagura Burst is the very first one, the Vita games are spin offs after that)

Pata

Was watching my sister play Sonic the Hedghog 2 on our old Sega console, I thought to myself how much i would love to play Sonic 1,2,3 and CD on my Vita.

Do it Sega, pleaseeeee

As much as I would like them (or porting studios like Blitworks who did ports of CD and Jet Set) to do it, it won't happen. Neither Sonic Mania (Sega pls).

RK128

As much as I would like them (or porting studios like Blitworks who did CD and Jet Set) to do it, it won't happen. Neither Sonic Mania (Sega pls).

Ugh :(. I wanted to play proper versions of Sonic 1, 2, 3&K & CD on my Vita since I got the thing personally. Oh well, not holding my breath for a Vita version of Mania honestly.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Drive girls doesn't look that good visually, it seems very low res.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MspXzSaj_bE

Valkryie Drive trailer. NSFW obviously. Also lol.
Oh man this trailer...

SK is definitively a musou(think of dynasty warriors) without map conquering, VD seems to have less enemies on screen so action i guess?

Top Bottom