• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

Lol, no platform announcements, eep. Though I can't see them not bringing Toukiden at least. Samurai Warriors is gonna bomb everywhere.

Now where is Shallie Plus?

Saphirax

Lol, no platform announcements, eep. Though I can't see them not bringing Toukiden at least. Samurai Warriors is gonna bomb everywhere.

Now where is Shallie Plus?

I'm really glad they've announced Firis and NoA 2 before they're even released in Japan, but why couldn't they announce Shallie+ as well? Game's been out for months now :/.

This lineup seems to be related to the things they're showing at TGS, so absence of Shallie Plus doesn't have to mean anything. Can't hurt to tweet at them though

EDIT: Theory from my butt: They're working on a release together with LRG and want to make sure everything is sorted before they announce it.

EDIT: Theory from my butt: They're working on a release together with LRG and want to make sure everything is sorted before they announce it.

I'm wondering about that. LRG managed to sort things out with Spike Chunsoft for a simultaneous release of One Way Heroics, so it's possible Koei Tecmo could be starting with Atelier Shallie and then work backwards.

And I hope they are working backwards, because I want the Arland games through LRG sososo much.

18-Volt

Pls Vita.

I really hope KoTec won't turn to darkside and treat Vita as a "dead" dead platform. Toukiden 2 is a long ass game, I can't see myself playing it on PS4. Monster hunting and all other grinding games shouldn't exist on anything except handhelds.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
World of FF looks awesome but we should see the framerate in fights and heavier scenes.

Is it time to get worried about Shallie+?

I'm worried since sophie's localization, too bad because i want shallie.
I hope that all the vita version of the announced games will be localized

maouvin

Double dipping on Toukiden again. They didn't even confirm the platforms, but still.

Azure 2 will probably get on PS4 anyway, but bringing the Vita versions would be oh so sweet.

Didn't they port the Oddworld games and Lumo to the PS Vita? Not a fan of those to be honest, but hey, would be still cool doing it.

incpdo

Didn't they port the Oddworld games and Lumo to the PS Vita? Not a fan of those to be honest, but hey, would be still cool doing it.
I think lumo was a lazy port but the oddworld games , I don't think so. Stranger's wrath is just perfect IMO .
I will buy the game twice if they can release it on Vita .

As a side note, does anyone think there's something going on with Banner Saga on Vita?

To compare to a similar game, Resident Evil Revelations 2 for Vita was announced in December 2014; had to wait until April 2015 for the full game to be released (meaning progress had to stall before that) and then released on August 18th. I can't be 100% certain when it started development, but it seemed to spend about 8-9 months in dev.

Banner Saga was cancelled in December 2015 and Sony stepped in to save it the same month. I'm assuming development on it didn't start immediately but it couldn't have been too long after, maybe a month or two? It's now September and we haven't heard a peep about where it's up to, so that's 9 months and counting.

Considering Resident Evil appeared to be a much more ambitious game to have to port to Vita, I really wonder what's going on with Banner Saga. My guess is that they're porting the second game as well, although that may be wishful thinking. Either that or the game is nearly finished but Gio is going to save it as a surprise PSX announcement like last year.

Massa

You can't assume the development cycle from the announcement date. It's also very likely they're spending less on Banner Saga, which would mean longer development cycle.

https://twitter.com/playasia/status/773443714270322688

Play-Asia are saying no Moero Crystal with English subs.

I think the writing was on the wall for this when we went several weeks without hearing a word about it after they had changed the preorder info to Chinese only. Still surprised about it though considering Chronicles doesn't exactly seem to be doing badly for import sites and it's not like they would be doing real work on a localization, considering Chronicles was just barely above google translate at times.

To be fair though, even if it had an English version, lol at $52 for this game. I only got the first because it was on sale last December and I didn't have to pay shipping, I do not feel like full fanservice games are worth a marked up price, especially when the gameplay is usually lacking compared to other offerings of the same genre.

redcrayon

Yesterday I posted in this thread that I was worried about Bloodstained, today I find out that it's been delayed to first half of 2018! Man, I'll keep my mouth shut in future!

Can't imagine that's good news for the Vita/WiiU ports.

Gematsu says this is news, so I'll post it

SD Gundam G Generation Genesis English version launches November 22 in Asia

SD Gundam G Generation Genesis will launch for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita in Asia with English subtitles on November 22, the same day it launches in Japan, Bandai Namco announced.

Bandai Namco SEA are pretty cool

You can't assume the development cycle from the announcement date. It's also very likely they're spending less on Banner Saga, which would mean longer development cycle.

They're spending less for a less demanding game though, so I wouldn't assume that means a longer cycle.

I dunno. I just find it weird to have heard nothing in 9 months.

Yeah, but I prefer a UK copy if possible. I should mentioned it. But thanks.

Did you check RICE ?

I only saw the big collector's edition. But they usually add the smaller LEs later. At least that was the case for Gal*Gun.

Thanks. I hope Amazon UK lists it soon. Does Spain use PEGI or some other rating on the box?

They use PEGI. Only Germany and Russia have different rating boards in Europe.

Yeah, but I prefer a UK copy if possible. I should mentioned it. But thanks.

I only saw the big collector's edition. But they usually add the smaller LEs later. At least that was the case for Gal*Gun.

They use PEGI. Only Germany and Russia have different rating boards in Europe.

Cool ill preorder just in case amazon uk doesnt list then. thanks

FDC1

Attractio, a first person puzzle game, was stealth released today on the european store. Zero mention in the blog weekly update, thanks SCEE. 2Gb, €9.99

Tohsaka

I think the writing was on the wall for this when we went several weeks without hearing a word about it after they had changed the preorder info to Chinese only. Still surprised about it though considering Chronicles doesn't exactly seem to be doing badly for import sites and it's not like they would be doing real work on a localization, considering Chronicles was just barely above google translate at times.

To be fair though, even if it had an English version, lol at $52 for this game. I only got the first because it was on sale last December and I didn't have to pay shipping, I do not feel like full fanservice games are worth a marked up price, especially when the gameplay is usually lacking compared to other offerings of the same genre.

I sent an e-mail to Sony Asia about it, and their response was basically "Your e-mail address is not registered in the Asian region, so we cannot offer you customer support. Please contact the American branch." I'm too lazy to try and find a free HK email or something since it'd be a waste of time anyway.

I sent an e-mail to Sony Asia about it, and their response was basically "Your e-mail address is not registered in the Asian region, so we cannot offer you customer support. Please contact the American branch." I'm too lazy to try and find a free HK email or something since it'd be a waste of time anyway.

heh

After we saw that the main reasons for "localization changes" in the west are Germany and Australia, I wonder how much games could get away with if they just focused on PEGI and ESRB. Gal Gun, SK, CG and VD all push it pretty far already. I wonder if PQube would have the balls to release a Genkai Tokki game.

Tohsaka

heh

After we saw that the main reasons for "localization changes" in the west are Germany and Australia, I wonder how much games could get away with if they just focused on PEGI and ESRB. Gal Gun, SK, CG and VD all push it pretty far already. I wonder if PQube would have the balls to release a Genkai Tokki game.

I think IFI could get away with localizing Seven Pirates uncensored if they didn't care about Germany and Australia. It's not as risque as the previous two games in the series, and we've had other games with boob groping get localized already. I don't know if they'll bother trying, though.

I think IFI could get away with localizing Seven Pirates uncensored if they didn't care about Germany and Australia. It's not as risque as the previous two games in the series, and we've had other games with boob groping get localized already. I don't know if they'll bother trying, though.

I hope they do. I'm also already getting worried about Mary Skelter :/ That would probably run into the same issues in those territories

heh

Honestly, if anyone tries it at this point, it should be IFI. I'm sure anyone who has been paying attention to Compile Heart releases sees that there's not exactly a whole lot IFI can even do anymore, without starting in on the more fanservicey games. Like what can IFI even do after SeHa releases in October, other than more PC ports? Black Rose is probably a lock even if it's guaranteed to sell poorly and then we "might" get Mary Skelter, even though it's guaranteed to be banned in some countries. Other than those they don't have much, since even the next Neptunia spinoff (Cyberdimension Online) hasn't been dated for Japan yet.

Honestly, if anyone tries it at this point, it should be IFI. I'm sure anyone who has been paying attention to Compile Heart releases sees that there's not exactly a whole lot IFI can even do anymore, without starting in on the more fanservicey games. Like what can IFI even do after SeHa releases in October, other than more PC ports? Black Rose is probably a lock even if it's guaranteed to sell poorly and then we "might" get Mary Skelter, even though it's guaranteed to be banned in some countries. Other than those they don't have much, since even the next Neptunia spinoff (Cyberdimension Online) hasn't been dated for Japan yet.

Yep. Something else I'm thinking about is that they're releasing Monpiece uncensored on Steam. I could almost see them skipping Vita versions entirely and bringing those games to Steam only, if ratings for console games remain an issue.

Tohsaka

Yeah, IFI has nothing left to localize other than Black Rose unless they take a chance on the Genkai Tokki games. I think Mary Skelter will be fine for everywhere other than Germany/Australia, but that's not even out in Japan yet so I don't know what they're gonna be working on in the meantime other than PC ports.

Shizuka

Yeah, IFI has nothing left to localize other than Black Rose unless they take a chance on the Genkai Tokki games. I think Mary Skelter will be fine for everywhere other than Germany/Australia, but that's not even out in Japan yet so I don't know what they're gonna be working on in the meantime other than PC ports.

More otome pls.

If by all you mean like 1% of them, sure :p.

There's a lot of otome out there.
I mean I was joking of course but I just looked up what Otomate releases and Jesus. It's always weird to see how much there is in these sub genres you know nothing about.

I think I have some research to do :p

Tohsaka

I don't mind if they do more otome games, but it seems like they'd rather just give them to Aksys since they haven't done any themselves after Amnesia. I just want Compile Heart's games to keep coming over too, but we're nearly caught up to Japan now other than the Genkai Tokki games.

Otome. Also it's time for them to take a gamble of Date a Live.

And more seriously, like everyone other Japanese localization house out there, they can always just get into publishing other company's games.

Saphirax

I mean I was joking of course but I just looked up what Otomate releases and Jesus. It's always weird to see how much there is in these sub genres you know nothing about.

I think I have some research to do :p

And not just Otomate. Sometimes it feels like otome games could make up for half the Vita's library.

And not just Otomate. Sometimes it feels like otome games could make up for half the Vita's library.

I'd love to see Aksys go after a D3 otome game or especially a Ruby Party title. Just to see what the genre is like made by these other studios (not because I dislike Otomate's stuff, just out of curiosity's sake).

Top Bottom