• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

derFeef

Which Musou game got a good port to the Vita?
Thinking of buying Samurai Warriors 4-2 but maybe there is a better title for Musou beginners? I already got that One Piece PW3 game on PC.

deadfolk

Thinking of buying Samurai Warriors 4-2 but maybe there is a better title for Musou beginners? I already got that One Piece PW3 game on PC.

Do you have PS+? Pretty sure Dynasty Warriors Next was free at one point, and other than the touch nonsense, I think it was well regarded. I know a lot of the other musou games are reported to have some performance issues on Vita (some better than others), but I don't have personal experience with them.

The Samurai Warriors 4 games perform the best, imo, while the Dynasty Warriors 8 games perform the worst.

Do you have PS+? Pretty sure Dynasty Warriors Next was free at one point, and other than the touch nonsense, I think it was well regarded. I know a lot of the other musou games are reported to have some performance issues on Vita (some better than others), but I don't have personal experience with them.

That never happened, unless it was in Japan.

18-Volt

Samurai Warriors 4 and after that 4-2. Framerate wise they're the most improved ones.

Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3 is graphically terrible (it's a 3DS port) but has much more content.

If you don't mind playing a PSP game, DW Strikeforce is an amazing game. It's a coop musou game with different powers & magic.

derFeef

Samurai Warriors 4 and after that 4-2. Framerate wise they're the most improved ones.

Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3 is graphically terrible (it's a 3DS port) but has much more content.

If you don't mind playing a PSP game, DW Strikeforce is an amazing game. It's a coop musou game with different powers & magic.

The Samurai Warriors 4 games perform the best, imo, while the Dynasty Warriors 8 games perform the worst.

THanks! :SW4-2 it is :)

autoduelist

i really enjoyed DW Next as well, but some don't like the touch mechanics. [there are only a few, but one involves dueling -- it will seem odd at first but it'll click].

I have a couple other on Vita but haven't beat them, all seem fun for the bit I played. I like how in Next you can send your other officers off to attack/protect areas, added a nice strategic element. My only complaint is that there is a trophy which requires local coop -- 4 missions you need to beat. You can beat two of them solo with absolutely perfect runs, but the other 2 need coop due to time limit vs. amount of ground you need to cover. [i tried. and tried]

Honestly, though? I enjoyed everyone I tried so far.

Massa

Ideally you'd have a list of all Vita games with the additional platforms it's available on. From there you could easily generate multiple other lists, i.e. Vita only, Vita/PC only, Vita/PS3/PS4, etc.

derFeef

i really enjoyed DW Next as well, but some don't like the touch mechanics. [there are only a few, but one involves dueling -- it will seem odd at first but it'll click].

I have a couple other on Vita but haven't beat them, all seem fun for the bit I played. I like how in Next you can send your other officers off to attack/protect areas, added a nice strategic element. My only complaint is that there is a trophy which requires local coop -- 4 missions you need to beat. You can beat two of them solo with absolutely perfect runs, but the other 2 need coop due to time limit vs. amount of ground you need to cover. [i tried. and tried]

Honestly, though? I enjoyed everyone I tried so far.

I just tried the Demo and it's pretty good! I like the touch intereuptions as well. Now I can't decide between this and SW4-2. Loved the music in the Demo as well!
Sadly I do not have Plus.

deadfolk

I just tried the Demo and it's pretty good! I like the touch intereuptions as well. Now I can't decide between this and SW4-2. Loved the music in the Demo as well!
Sadly I do not have Plus.

Next was a launch game, so you could probably find a physical copy for next to nothing. If you're paying full price though, I imagine SW4-2 would be a more sensible investment, being much newer.

Ephidel

Woohoo, glad to hear something after so long. Loved the first one, especially the post-game.
*mumbles something about never quite completing
the tower
* :x

Massa

Ideally you'd have a list of all Vita games with the additional platforms it's available on. From there you could easily generate multiple other lists, i.e. Vita only, Vita/PC only, Vita/PS3/PS4, etc.

Turns out the Giantbomb database might be perfect for this, I'll request a key and see if I can do it on the weekend.

Wait, why does DT2-2 have almost no chance? I haven't been following this game or news surrounding it, so I have no idea.

Because Atlus seem to be the only ones that were willing to give them a chance and something may or may not have happened between the 2 of them, which is why we haven't gotten Utawarerumono either. I mean I'd like to believe another company could pick up some of their games (especially if there's a company not really working on much *cough*IFI*cough*), but you would think that something of theirs would have been jumped on by now if that were the case.

Ventara

Because Atlus seem to be the only ones that were willing to give them a chance and something may or may not have happened between the 2 of them, which is why we haven't gotten Utawarerumono either. I mean I'd like to believe another company could pick up some of their games (especially if there's a company not really working on much *cough*IFI*cough*), but you would think that something of theirs would have been jumped on by now if that were the case.

Damn, thanks for the info. Wonder what kind of falling out they had.

Tohsaka

Yeah, I was hoping we'd get DT1 this year since 2 was really good. Seems like we probably won't get it or 2-2 at this point though since Atlus opted to do Caligula instead (I want to play that, too, but I'd rather have DT1).

This is basically the catch all Vita thread at this point right? A couple of weeks ago I was using Remote Play (PS4 down the hall, router in my room, direct connect turned off) and it was working well. My vita battery died and when I tried to reconnect to Remote Play just 15 minutes later it tells me the internet is too weak. I have continued to receive that message since.

Has this happened to anyone? Any advice? I had never seen that message before in my house.

derFeef

I ran out of space... I just ordered a 64GB memory card, ughhh.
Handheld is becoming my goto gaming right now. Got a 3DS and reactivating my Vita.
Also Soul Sacrifice is fucking awesome.

I ran out of space... I just ordered a 64GB memory card, ughhh.
Handheld is becoming my goto gaming right now. Got a 3DS and reactivating my Vita.
Also Soul Sacrifice is fucking awesome.

Just wait until you run out of space on the 64GB and have nowhere to go from there.

Saphirax

This is basically the catch all Vita thread at this point right? A couple of weeks ago I was using Remote Play (PS4 down the hall, router in my room, direct connect turned off) and it was working well. My vita battery died and when I tried to reconnect to Remote Play just 15 minutes later it tells me the internet is too weak. I have continued to receive that message since.

Has this happened to anyone? Any advice? I had never seen that message before in my house.

I see that message a lot, but simply connecting again gets rid of it and I can remote play fine :/.

Ephidel

Aspnhlc.jpg
Harukanaru Toki no Nake de 3 Ultimate has been announced, due to release in February in Japan.
It's a fully voiced Vita remake of HaruToki3 and HaruToki3: Izayoiki with redone/remade graphics, more events, and DLC set after the love endings of the characters.
(And also includes stuff that was previously added to the PSP port of Izayoiki).

I think it also says there's a DLC route for Fujiwara no Yasuhira which is a preorder bonus atm, but will be paid content later.

Because it's Tecmo Koei it has the standard Regular/Fancy/MoreFancy variations.

The Expensive Stuff Treasure Box contains
Photo Library
Soundtrack CD
10 badges
Tohko Mizuno Original Book

The Even More Expensive Stuff Their Hands Change Destiny (?) Box contains
5 Disc Drama CDs.
10... illustrated hand towels? dish cloths? :|
Necklace
Photo Library
Soundtrack CD
10 badges

derFeef

I have a 16gb card since d1, git on my level :p

I guess I could live with 8GB and switch games from time to time. But I love to just have shit installed, no matter if I play them or not. Also 2 big games and this thing is already full :( It's like my Steam library...

Saphirax

Harukanaru Toki no Nake de 3 Ultimate has been announced, due to release in February in Japan.
It's a fully voiced Vita remake of HaruToki3 and HaruToki3: Izayoiki with redone/remade graphics, more events, and DLC set after the love endings of the characters.
(And also includes stuff that was previously added to the PSP port of Izayoiki).

I think it also says there's a DLC route for Fujiwara no Yasuhira which is a preorder bonus atm, but will be paid content later.

Photo Library
Soundtrack CD
10 badges

5 Disc Drama CDs.
10... illustrated hand towels? dish cloths? :|
Necklace
Photo Library
Soundtrack CD
10 badges

*grabby hands*

That guy had love interest written all over him. Shame it's dlc only.

jzbluz

Photo Library
Soundtrack CD
10 badges

5 Disc Drama CDs.
10... illustrated towels? :|
Necklace
Photo Library
Soundtrack CD
10 badges

HaruToki3 is supposed to be the best in the series, so I'm want to play it. I've heard that that none of the games before 6 had any kissing scenes, so I wonder if those are part of the new scenes? I'm annoyed at all of the dlc though, same as with HaruToki6.

Top Bottom