• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

Saphirax

I've been a little worried about the Ys port, mostly because of DotEmu's shoddy previous work. Apparently they didn't use XSEED's script but retranslated YS 1 & 2 when they ported it to mobile and the translation wasn't good. HOWEVER:

But Jessica Iragne has just confirmed through the Sony Playstation blog that they are using XSEED's script for English, and translating it to Italian, French, German, and Spanish as well.

post-PSX gaf is always hilarious.

Already input lag complaints with PaRappa, Garou scanline filter is fucked up, games that look mediocre or bad being hailed as the second coming.

I miss 2015

dracula_x

https://twitter.com/YasuhiroKitao/status/805196797832376320

Salt and Sanctuary is working on PS Vita!!

CyyiNU1UQAAYhx-.jpg:large

So, I haven't watched the conference, but judging by Gematsu's articles we had some pretty good announcements!

Ys Origin is the most amazing one for me. Oath in Felghana is my favourite PSP game so any more Ys in that style is just incredible. I love owing a lot of games from one franchise on my Vita.

DanganRonpa is awesome, was kinda expecting it at NISA's press conference so it's just an accelerated announcement.

Windjammers... ehh, I never played it. Probably will though!

Lara Croft Go is an "I'll pick it up in a sale" kind of game but sure, looks fun. I hope we get Deus Ex Go because that looks the best of the three.

And Garou is awesome. I had a lot of fun playing Last Blade 2 earlier this year.

That's all the announcements right? Other than Fallen Legion getting its own story on Vita and a physical release?

Cotrip

The press coverage on PS Experience is so lame (no impressions on the booths so far). I'd love to know if Momodora is available there.

According to Wario64, it's coming to PlayStation plataforms... so PS4 and Vita?

Not a fall, but I had similar when running for a train with the vita in my pocket. I needed to put my second memory card in, load that up, and then replace it with the first which was then loaded up and all fine. So I'd suggest getting yourself a cheap second memory card and giving that a go...

THANK YOU!!!!!

I borrowed a 4GB from my brother, and this worked. The system just needed a fresh card to reset the database, then it was able to read my card again when I put it back in. Humanitarian crisis averted.

But, I am a little concerned - when I went to check my online backups on PS+, it hadn't saved anything, even though it was set to do so automatically. And when I go to save manually, it only lets me back up Vita saves, not PSP or PS1 classics/PS minis. I really don't want to lose all my P3P progress.

THANK YOU!!!!!

I borrowed a 4GB from my brother, and this worked. The system just needed a fresh card to reset the database, then it was able to read my card again when I put it back in. Humanitarian crisis averted.

But, I am a little concerned - when I went to check my online backups on PS+, it hadn't saved anything, even though it was set to do so automatically. And when I go to save manually, it only lets me back up Vita saves, not PSP or PS1 classics/PS minis. I really don't want to lose all my P3P progress.
IIRC you still need to tick a box for every game that you want backed up automatically. In the live area for a game select the plus icon

As for PSX and PSP saves, that least you can back those up to a PC without copying the entire game (what a crazy concept!)

IIRC you still need to tick a box for every game that you want backed up automatically. In the live area for a game select the plus icon

As for PSX and PSP saves, that least you can back those up to a PC without copying the entire game (what a crazy concept!)

Thanks, I don't think I ever would have thought to click on that plus icon to do it. I just assumed it would work the same way the PS4's backups do.

I have Content Manager installed on my Mac, but it's still kind of a pain to have to back it up manually, I wonder why they don't just let you back it up to online storage? A file's a file.

Takao

Banned
I was thinking more about official releases.

Your solution to getting Ys 6 is far from official lol.

The press coverage on PS Experience is so lame (no impressions on the booths so far). I'd love to know if Momodora is available there.

According to Wario64, it's coming to PlayStation plataforms... so PS4 and Vita?

Playism is doing Kero Blaster which is just PS4. I wouldn't assume Momodora is on Vita.

AniHawk

I can't think of other titles NISA can bring in 2017 other than more NIS/EXP stuff.

well coven and the princess games are the obvious ones that are unannounced. longest five minutes was also announced about four years ago and still doesn't have a date. there's also witch and the hundred knight 2, but that might be 2018 since 2017 looks pretty full.

but i'm expecting a few more games on the level of danganronpa v3 for 2017.

AniHawk

Hey there's still Ys 8, which has the potential to laugh at the Japanese numbers here. Because let's be honest here, that thing ain't doing too well on PS4 in Japan, just like the Vita version didn't.

i'm pretty sure that's xseed. aside from ys origins and xanadu, they're the falcom guys.

i'm thinking about their switch game, and they usually have something new/big for their press event.

edit: if we're just talking vita games though, then yeah: ys viii would be a really big announcement.

i'm pretty sure that's xseed. aside from ys origins and xanadu, they're the falcom guys.

i'm thinking about their switch game, and they usually have something new/big for their press event.

edit: if we're just talking vita games though, then yeah: ys viii would be a really big announcement.

Ya I was just talking about Vita games in general lol. As for the Switch game that Nisa could have, I guess it just depends on if Nis is in a good enough place or not for the next Disgaea, because I can see that as being worth mentioning. It should honestly be something that comes out around the same time in both regions now anyway, considering the West saved the last one from being a bomb.

Zhao_Yun

Dies Irae prefundia page:

http://prefundia.com/projects/view/project-to-lead-dies-irae-to-the-atziluth/11416/

The most important bit; the KS will have a 200k Vita stretch goal! I hope it makes it.

Q: Due to the game's content, will the game not be sold in countries like Germany?

We definitely want German audiences to enjoy the game too. However, we are still looking into if this is possible or not at the moment.

I hope this doesn't become a problem.

Takao

Banned
Falcom announced Ys Origin's release in Japan, and uh, it appears to only be the PS4 version ... I don't understand the thought process. There's nothing in the English announcement post that implies the Vita version isn't a simultaneous launch. The optimist in me hopes that this was just an oversight, or maybe, just maybe, Falcom is prepping a separate PR for a Vita physical print. The pessimist in me says either the port is terrible and Falcom's embarrassed by it, or they're prepping people for Trails of Cold Steel III exclusively on PS4 (until the PC port is out).

I thought Playism had released a few titles on Vita so far?

They did, but between The Silver Case (possibly NISA related) and Kero Blaster, I think their support ends with TorqueL (lol) and Croixleur Sigma.

Saphirax

Falcom announced Ys Origin's release in Japan, and uh, it appears to only be the PS4 version ... I don't understand the thought process. There's nothing in the English announcement post that implies the Vita version isn't a simultaneous launch. The optimist in me hopes that this was just an oversight, or maybe, just maybe, Falcom is prepping a separate PR for a Vita physical print. The pessimist in me says either the port is terrible and Falcom's embarrassed by it, or they're prepping people for Trails of Cold Steel III exclusively on PS4 (until the PC port is out).

They did, but between The Silver Case (possibly NISA related) and Kero Blaster, I think their support ends with TorqueL (lol) and Croixleur Sigma.

I don't see CS3 being ps4 exclusive. If it does happen, they'd have to bring the first two as well. Doesn't leave much room for a pc port.

The pessimist in me says either the port is terrible and Falcom's embarrassed by it, or they're prepping people for Trails of Cold Steel III exclusively on PS4 (until the PC port is out).

Whether that game runs like complete balls on Vita or not, I do not believe for a second that they will skip Vita for CS 3. They'd be banking too much on Japanese fans moving over to PS4. I also don't see Falcom being part of a Western PC port for the first 2 games, even though we will likely see one from someone. Falcom themselves would be wasting time with a PC port of anything, considering how badly PC games do over there.

I also would not look at how they deal with Ys as any indication as to how Trails will be dealt with. Trails is their best selling series by far, while Ys is to the point where it's likely barely making development costs back (at least when it comes to the first few weeks of sales in Japan).

AniHawk

I thought Playism had released a few titles on Vita so far?

Oh you tease!

Makes up for 2015 where they had like 3 games all year though lol.

2015 had a lot of smaller games. they even had a ps3 game in the awakened fate ultimatum, which is something no one remembers or knows existed.

they've been shifting pretty hard from the moe company they were from 2010-2014, mostly because their buddies aren't gust and idea factory anymore, but experience and kadokawa it seems.

Dangangonpa V3 JP CE on amazon jp is sold out. I was gonna order it because I dont like the NISA CE. Turns out NISA one is close to selling out as well. Guess ill pass and just get the full OST and full artbook for it along with the game.

Takao

Banned
Whether that game runs like complete balls on Vita or not, I do not believe for a second that they will skip Vita for CS 3. They'd be banking too much on Japanese fans moving over to PS4. I also don't see Falcom being part of a Western PC port for the first 2 games, even though we will likely see one from someone. Falcom themselves would be wasting time with a PC port of anything, considering how badly PC games do over there.

Sorry, I meant eventually. I don't expect Trails CS3 to hit PC day-1 and I'm not even sure Falcom would port it. Maybe Dotemu would lol.

I also would not look at how they deal with Ys as any indication as to how Trails will be dealt with. Trails is their best selling series by far, while Ys is to the point where it's likely barely making development costs back (at least when it comes to the first few weeks of sales in Japan).

Ys isn't a big series, but Celceta and 8 sold well on Vita. The latter a series best debut on PlayStation. I really struggle to see how they justify leaving the Origin port in Japan. Unless that was a mistake, part of a multi-phase announcement, the port is trash, or they're going cold turkey on Vita, that makes no sense.

Even Gurumin 3DS got a release in Japan. Sure, it wasn't by Falcom, but that's still better than what's going on with Origin on Vita.

Sitrus

They have tweeted a new tweet mentioning the PS4 version along with the PSV one.
https://twitter.com/nihonfalcom/status/805629742208598016

Falcom announced Ys Origin's release in Japan, and uh, it appears to only be the PS4 version ... I don't understand the thought process.

Takao delivering the double whammy of bad news!

Falcom released Vita-only Ys VIII this year which is surely gonna crater the PS4 version next year, I don't see them doing this out of spite. Wonder what the reason is though.

Bummer about Playism. I forgot they weren't doing Silver Case.

I feel like I haven't kept up with Vita releases for the past few months.

Like I just now learned that Slain and Volgarr are both out on Vita in NA.

I mean, I bought Darkest Dungeon on release.

Dang, what else have I missed?

Yeah, I have to warn people about Vita Slain. It runs like shit. Like, 20FPS with constant stuttering kinds of performance. Its almost unbearable, yet I've still managed to clear the first two bosses without taking damage. Its perfect on the PS4 so just play that port instead. I'm so damn disappointed, its one of the worst ports I've played in recent memory, made all the worse because I loved the PS4 version so much (I've damned near 100%ed that version). Volgaar looks like the better choice, at least that looks to run at 60FPS.

FDC1

Demetrios, The Big Cynical Adventure, game done by a fellow French gaffer, is up in Europe. Only €9.99 with a nice 20% PS+ discount. Let you be tempted!

speaking o falcom it seems aksys postponed tokyo xanadu news mentioned in this tweet, the year is practically finished

i hope nothing went wrong

Ehh I wouldn't worry about it too much just because nothing significant came of that. They've mentioned several times since then that they're still working on editing, so it is definitely still being worked on.

With that said, I would not expect Tokyo Xanadu until mid to late spring. The game falls a little under a Trails game in terms of text and voice work, not to mention they're also working on porting it over to PC.

Top Bottom