• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

Thanks. Trying the demo. I've had a revelation...I don't normally play vns on PC, but it just occurred to me that I can stream it to my phone! The next best thing to a real mobile/Vita version.

Woo! Hope you can play it soon man, Fata Morgana is crazy good.

Do you guys think Inside will ever come out for the Vita? Limbo did, but then again, the Vita was "healthier" at that point.

I didn't need that pipe dream... ;-;

I feel that it's unlikely though. How did Limbo sell?

OniBaka

Yes, my GOTY is The House in Fata Morgana, available on Steam. Not only is it my GOTY 2016, but it's also one of the best stories I've seen on a game in my entire life. Everything from the soundtrack to the themes discussed in the game are stellar.

Yeah I had my eye on that for awhile but I just don't like playing VN on PC.

I think it's cute that there are Vita games playable at PSX. I don't expect announcements, but at least it's there I guess?

Makes me wonder though why companies like NISA or IFI aren't there though. Seems like the perfect "hardcore" event to show your stuff. If indies can be there, I'm sure they could manage?

I think it's cute that there are Vita games playable at PSX. I don't expect announcements, but at least it's there I guess?

Makes me wonder though why companies like NISA or IFI aren't there though. Seems like the perfect "hardcore" event to show your stuff. If indies can be there, I'm sure they could manage?

They were there last year. Trillion Vita was playable iirc (can't remember what else).

There's three confirmed playable Vita games at PSX (Cosmic Star Heroine/Fallen Legion/Salt & Sanctuary). If you're selling your game on the console, might as well show it off at a conference if you can :p

Takao

Banned
Do you guys think Inside will ever come out for the Vita? Limbo did, but then again, the Vita was "healthier" at that point.

No. It's pretty clear that the days of Vita getting high profile western indie games are long over. We can't even get the announced ones to release.

Shizuka

No. It's pretty clear that the days of Vita getting high profile western indie games are long over. We can't even get the announced ones to release.

While it's sad, it's also true. It's either what's left from past years Kickstarter campaigns, SNK titles and some really obscure games. Not that I'm complaining, but it is what it is.

AniHawk

there just might not be enough stuff to show off right now. for ifi it's what - mary skelter that's a million years away and an otome? for nisa it's birthdays the beginning and maybe touhou genso wanderer and god wars, which might not lend themselves super well to an older-skewing audience aside from god wars. on the vita side, maybe only rose would make sense - but again, the audience is also a factor.

there just might not be enough stuff to show off right now. for ifi it's what - mary skelter that's a million years away and an otome? for nisa it's birthdays the beginning and maybe touhou genso wanderer and god wars, which might not lend themselves super well to an older-skewing audience aside from god wars. on the vita side, maybe only rose would make sense - but again, the audience is also a factor.

With how hard they've been pushing Birthdays I thought it would be a good place to let more people see it. Maybe not. I personally think it's a game with a broad appeal. IFI has Dark Rose Valkyrie as well btw.

RK128

Does anyone know how long is Neon Chrome?

I just got my review copy today and I saw it has over 30 levels to play through. In addition, the levels are randomly generated and you have an upgrade system in place.

I wouldn't be surprised if the game was at least......4-6 hours long in complete length just to get through the main campaign.

Clive

Ska Studios said "We know we're getting closer to knowing but do not know when. It's not quite done being ported with all the issues fixed yet." two days ago in regards to a Salt and Sanctuary Vita release date so no, it will not be released at PSX.

Trophies for Forevolution & Rodem the Wild Vita-native versions are up on PSNProfiles.

Japanese-only for now. No idea if they're coming west actually.

deadfolk

I just got my review copy today and I saw it has over 30 levels to play through. In addition, the levels are randomly generated and you have an upgrade system in place.

I wouldn't be surprised if the game was at least......4-6 hours long in complete length just to get through the main campaign.

Looking forward to the review. Particularly interested in Vita performance, as I've been holding off from the PC version.

Ska Studios said "We know we're getting closer to knowing but do not know when. It's not quite done being ported with all the issues fixed yet." two days ago in regards to a Salt and Sanctuary Vita release date so no, it will not be released at PSX.

vader.jpg

RK128

Some updates :D!

Lara Croft Go is coming out on the PS Vita and PS4 in the near future
http://3wirel.lostsig.com/2016/11/30/lara-croft-go-coming-to-ps-vita-ps4-trophies-release-wario64/
-Trophies are released online
-Source is Wario64

PS+ Games for the Month Announced (December)
http://3wirel.lostsig.com/2016/11/3...-december-stories-vvvvvv-hyper-void-and-more/
-Three quality Vita titles announced: Tiny Troopers Joint Ops, Color Guardians & VVVVVV
-Might write reviews on all three games in December
-Can't wait to play VVVVVV!

Yacht Club Games Has Game Awards Announcement
http://3wirel.lostsig.com/2016/11/30/yacht-club-games-has-special-announcement-at-the-game-awards/
-I feel this is Spector Knight's Expansion getting a trailer and release date
-Hopeful it releases day of the event as a nice 'You can play at home NOW' thing :)

Haha, I knew it. So Vita won't have a massive presence, but we're at least getting "Garou & Lara Croft Go are available now!" stuff. Maybe a Deus Ex Go announcement too.

It's not much, but that's pretty much the same as last year and the best that can be expected in Vita's state. And I am very happy with that. Lara Croft Go appealed to me a lot more than Hitman Go so looking forward to that!

I'm guessing Frima Studio are porting too? That still gives me a tiny slither of hope that they'll work on Oddworld Soulstorm for Vita.

edit: lol, I'm letting my hype and excitement get the better of me. I'm just happy with Garou & Lara Croft for now :)

John Blade

Welp, just got myself a Vita (OLED version) and playing some demo games right now as I am waiting to get a new memory card for it (32gb version). Never really pay attention of this handheld and just got myself a 3DS a month ago and now got this.So...people here, post games I should look into which I can buy from the Sony Store as I am trying to consider which games I should try out. For now, I just play Ragnarok game for the Vita and kinda like it (not liking the camera setup which you have to manually move it when I am trying to fight monster). Just post the games and I check to see if it catch my attention.

godisntheradio

Neo Member
Welp, just got myself a Vita (OLED version) and playing some demo games right now as I am waiting to get a new memory card for it (32gb version). Never really pay attention of this handheld and just got myself a 3DS a month ago and now got this.So...people here, post games I should look into which I can buy from the Sony Store as I am trying to consider which games I should try out. For now, I just play Ragnarok game for the Vita and kinda like it (not liking the camera setup which you have to manually move it when I am trying to fight monster). Just post the games and I check to see if it catch my attention.

i'm not good at recommendations so i'm just gonna say which games i enjoyed playing when i got mine last year
- Persona 4 golden
- Soul sacrifice delta
- Gravity rush
- Ys memories of celceta
-Little big planet
- trails of cold steel (trails in the sky is available too)
i also found that thomas was alone and Atelier Ayesha were very comfy games

Ventara

My top 3 favourite Vita games are

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
Dragon Quest Builders
Gravity Rush

Some updates :D!

Lara Croft Go is coming out on the PS Vita and PS4 in the near future
http://3wirel.lostsig.com/2016/11/30/lara-croft-go-coming-to-ps-vita-ps4-trophies-release-wario64/
-Trophies are released online
-Source is Wario64

PS+ Games for the Month Announced (December)
http://3wirel.lostsig.com/2016/11/3...-december-stories-vvvvvv-hyper-void-and-more/
-Three quality Vita titles announced: Tiny Troopers Joint Ops, Color Guardians & VVVVVV
-Might write reviews on all three games in December
-Can't wait to play VVVVVV!

Yacht Club Games Has Game Awards Announcement
http://3wirel.lostsig.com/2016/11/30/yacht-club-games-has-special-announcement-at-the-game-awards/
-I feel this is Spector Knight's Expansion getting a trailer and release date
-Hopeful it releases day of the event as a nice 'You can play at home NOW' thing :)

Shovel Knight getting its expansion released on Saturday would make my head explode! SK is one of my favourite games of all time and I just can't wait to get any new DLC (I'm still over the moon that my physical copy arrived!)

VVVVVV is another excellent game. I already own the Vita port and recently managed to do the "complete the game in 50 or less lives" challenge which was pretty darn tough. The time trial challenges are kicking my ass though.

And having just finished Hitman Go, I'm super happy at the Lara Croft Go news, that's a day one purchase for me.

deadfolk

Steins;gate (the first one, not Steins;gate 0. For the love of God you'd ruin it)
Any of the Project Diva games if you like rhythm games. I think the first has a demo.
Spelunky if you haven'y played it elsewhere. Or even if you have. :p

RK128

so what vita game are you guys most excited to see at psx?

Honestly hoping for some nice 'YOU CAN BUY IT NOW' announcements (which i think Lara Croft GO will cover) and seeing Vita footage of announced Vita games.

Not expecting much on Vita at the PSX but hopeful we get some decent announcements and news. Would be nice to see TellTale give update on Vita ports of some announced projects for example.

Worse than I Am Setsuna, sadly. Look at all that pop-in:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPRbav9Osak#t=11m

Video starting with a one minute load time:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU4kN7uOrQ4

I don't think we're getting this on the Vita.

Ehh the combat seems fluid enough at least, unlike how the latest SAO was even after a patch. But ya, that pop-in is pretty bad and these companies should be ashamed to have loading times that bad.

I don't think we're getting it on Vita though.

Clive

Ehh the combat seems fluid enough at least, unlike how the latest SAO was even after a patch. But ya, that pop-in is pretty bad and these companies should be ashamed to have loading times that bad.

Well, I Am Setsuna wasn't localized for Vita and had much better load times and minor frame rate drops in turn-based combat where it really doesn't matter. If Square Enix is consistent then they will not localize this. It is further from the PS4 version than I Am Setsuna was. Still pissed about not getting that one on the Vita.

We can hope for the best but let's not take it for granted.

Top Bottom