• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

Well, I Am Setsuna wasn't localized for Vita and had much better load times and minor frame rate drops in turn-based combat where it really doesn't matter. If Square Enix is consistent then they will not localize this. It is further from the PS4 version than I Am Setsuna was. Still pissed about not getting that one on the Vita.

We can hope for the best but let's not take it for granted.

All the impressions I've read of DQH2 have been that it's an incredibly high quality port. Not seeing anything in that video to the contrary.

I think the fact it had better legs on Vita than PS4 in Japan despite opening much lower says a lot about the perceived quality. I'm hopeful for it coming.

Shizuka

I don't get why I Am Setsuna would be brought up before Dragon Quest Builders when it comes to Square Enix releasing or not the Vita port for Dragon Quest Heroes 2 in the West.

I don't get why I Am Setsuna would be brought up before Dragon Quest Builders when it comes to Square Enix releasing or not the Vita port for Dragon Quest Heroes 2 in the West.

We have a pretty limited sample of Vita releases but one was released and was a decent port (DQB) and one wasn't released and was a rather bad port (Setsuna)

That's what I meant

Clive

All the impressions I've read of DQH2 have been that it's an incredibly high quality port. Not seeing anything in that video to the contrary.

I think the fact it had better legs on Vita than PS4 in Japan despite opening much lower says a lot about the perceived quality. I'm hopeful for it coming.

And here is I Am Setsuna:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yjmy7FcriaQ

Does it look like an unplayable mess? Looks pretty much like on the PS4 but has longer load times (~10 seconds to leave and enter a dungeon at the 3:40 mark, no combat load times at all). DQH2 has significantly longer load times on Vita, has issues with pop-in and is significantly uglier when compared to on the PS4.

I'm not saying DQH2 is so bad it shouldn't be localized, I'm saying that I Am Setsuna was a significantly closer port and stayed in Japan on the Vita. I want DQH2 Vita but realistically, it's not certain to happen.

Clive

I Am Setsuna was not released in the west on the Vita in spite of a PS4 version being brought over. Square Enix is the publisher of both games.

Shizuka

I Am Setsuna was not released in the west on the Vita in spite of a PS4 version being brought over. Square Enix is the publisher of both games.

Dragon Quest is an established franchise that had a Vita title released in the West by Square Enix barely a month ago, I Am Setsuna was the first title of one of their studios with a lot less brand recognition.

I saw it posted on r/Vita. It's old news.

Pretty sure that the trailer is new.

2a58b41611.jpg

;_;

I saw it posted on r/Vita. It's old news.

Mayhaps, but the Senpaigamer post was from 1st of December, so it was a recent post from them at least! And they tend to keep on top of those things.

Doesn't hurt to repost it anyway really? If the game's as good as you say then we should be getting word out!

Saphirax

Mayhaps, but the Senpaigamer post was from 1st of December, so it was a recent post from them at least! And they tend to keep on top of those things.

Doesn't hurt to repost it anyway really? If the game's as good as you say then we should be getting word out!

Too bad the English version is by MangaGamer...we're never getting the localized Vita version :(.

Saphirax

This'll be the game to get them into Vita publishing!

sob

But more seriously, Steins;gate was by JAST until PQube licenced it, so you never know?

S;G is the more popular VN though and it has an anime. HoFM is terribly niche even within the vn genre. I'd really like to play it though, heard nothing but good things about it.

Saphirax

Dammit, I was just coming to post this news haha.

Excellent! I was reading through the description and though "this sounds great, I hope there's a Vita goal or something" and there was!

I've seen quite a lot of praise for the game so I was hoping for the same. It's 40k extra. Crossing my fingers.

I've seen quite a lot of praise for the game so I was hoping for the same. It's 40k extra. Crossing my fingers.

Yeah, it's actually one I'd heard of before which is quite rare for me with VN's.

Sadly, 200k is a massive ask. KS bubble burst a while ago and I feel like Sekai helped contribute to the VN KS bubble bursting even more.

Though Sharin no Kuni is doing alright I guess.

Saphirax

Yeah, it's actually one I'd heard of before which is quite rare for me with VN's.

Sadly, 200k is a massive ask. KS bubble burst a while ago and I feel like Sekai helped contribute to the VN KS bubble bursting even more.

Though Sharin no Kuni is doing alright I guess.

I wonder which of the two games is more popular. If DI is more popular it could reach all stretch goals easily.

On the other hand, I'm not sure SnK will reach the Vita stretch goal. 40k in 19 days...

I wonder which of the two games is more popular. If DI is more popular it could reach all stretch goals easily.

On the other hand, I'm not sure SnK will reach the Vita stretch goal. 40k in 19 days...

Most Kickstarters get a surge of backers in the last few days. I wouldn't worry too much for SnK yet. Check how Muv Luv tracked for example:

https://www.kicktraq.com/projects/muvluv/muv-luv-a-pretty-sweet-visual-novel-series/

Massive spike at the end.

I hope DI is more popular, because it's aiming for more (although, the Vita goal is the same amount above base funding as SnK)

Saphirax

Most Kickstarters get a surge of backers in the last few days. I wouldn't worry too much for SnK yet. Check how Muv Luv tracked for example:

https://www.kicktraq.com/projects/muvluv/muv-luv-a-pretty-sweet-visual-novel-series/

Massive spike at the end.

I hope DI is more popular, because it's aiming for more (although, the Vita goal is the same amount above base funding as SnK)

Oh I know they do. It's first day + last day that gets the most backers, but with the KS slowing down to a crawl I'm not sure if they'd be able to reach 40k~. Muv Luv is in a league of its own :p. Pretty sure it eclipses both DI and SnK.

I'd buy any VNs coming to Vita as long as they're not trash (painful reminder about the first part of Muv Luv...ugh).

I don't do many kickstarters, but I can see myself going for Dies Irae if it has good tiers.

Muv Luv for example was impossible to pass up

Oh man...my Vita fell off the bed onto the (carpeted) floor. The memory card popped out (compartment lid stayed closed)...and now the Vita can't read it at all. Hundreds of hours lost.

The worst part? This is the second time this has happened to me. I'm calling this a pretty significant design flaw. A portable system should be able to take a small drop without destroying everything you have.

I don't even know if the online backup rescued anything because I can't check it without a memory card.

Anyone know if there's any way to rescue data from a fried memory card?

Ventara

Oh man...my Vita fell off the bed onto the (carpeted) floor. The memory card popped out (compartment lid stayed closed)...and now the Vita can't read it at all. Hundreds of hours lost.

The worst part? This is the second time this has happened to me. I'm calling this a pretty significant design flaw. A portable system should be able to take a small drop without destroying everything you have.

I don't even know if the online backup rescued anything because I can't check it without a memory card.

Anyone know if there's any way to rescue data from a fried memory card?

Is yours the 2000? I have the 1000 model and have watched it fall down a flight of stone steps and it survived it like a champ (outside a bunch of dents all around).

Is yours the 2000? I have the 1000 model and have watched it fall down a flight of stone steps and it survived it like a champ (outside a bunch of dents all around).

1000. The system itself is without a scratch, it was just a small fall. It's because the memory card slot is spring loaded, so if it lands just so it pops the card out, which seems to cause a short that wipes it.

Ventara

1000. The system itself is without a scratch, it was just a small fall. It's because the memory card slot is spring loaded, so if it lands just so it pops the card out, which seems to cause a short that wipes it.

Something might be up with the spring of whatever holds the memory card in place. For it to pop out at a slight fall doesn't seem normal. Don't think it's a design flaw and might just be something up with your system.

Adahn

Not a fall, but I had similar when running for a train with the vita in my pocket. I needed to put my second memory card in, load that up, and then replace it with the first which was then loaded up and all fine. So I'd suggest getting yourself a cheap second memory card and giving that a go...

Oh I know they do. It's first day + last day that gets the most backers, but with the KS slowing down to a crawl I'm not sure if they'd be able to reach 40k~. Muv Luv is in a league of its own :p. Pretty sure it eclipses both DI and SnK.

But again, Muv Luv slowed to a crawl in the middle too. I'm definitely optimistic anyway.

Dis Irae, I'm less sure on. Already where I've posted it (reddit/Vita Lounge) there's cries of "that target it too high" and "no physical = no buy" like usual *eyeroll*

Nephilim

Banned
Umm, may I ask where you found this? In store or online? If online, do they offer international shipping? Nothing but scalper prices whenever I hunt for this thing.

sorry for late response. it was at a local grocery store called HEB in Texas

Not a fall, but I had similar when running for a train with the vita in my pocket. I needed to put my second memory card in, load that up, and then replace it with the first which was then loaded up and all fine. So I'd suggest getting yourself a cheap second memory card and giving that a go...

Hmm..it still can't read my old one from the first fall, but I guess I can try getting a 4GB or something and seeing if it works.

If not...man, I don't know if I can go back. I was >50% through about 6 different rpgs. I can't see myself going back and doing all of that again.

Far more Vita mentions than I expected. Glad to see Danganronpa even if it was an eventuality, amazed to see Origins. Wonder if Xseed plans to do a physical for Origins.

Top Bottom