• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

cj_iwakura

I think we'll get it later this year after XSEED releases Xanadu Next on PC, I can't see them passing on a notable Falcom game and I'm sure Falcom wants it localized as well.

What's up with that, anyway? Been months since we've heard anything about Xanadu, it feels like.

What's up with that, anyway? Been months since we've heard anything about Xanadu, it feels like.

Most of their PC games haven't had updates in a while either, although Xanadu is the only one they're actually doing themselves, while the others are being done by the actual developers. If it is Sara that's working on it, which I'd assume she is, I think she just moved and had a baby not too long ago, so that one may be progressing slower than the others because of all the real life stuff.

plufim

Having never played Final Fantasy 6 before, is the PSOne version on Vita acceptible? I understand the load times are not great.

Clive

Having never played Final Fantasy 6 before, is the PSOne version on Vita acceptible? I understand the load times are not great.

The complaints about the PS1 version are pretty much strictly related to load times. I say it's hyperbole but sure, a couple of seconds here and there does add up.

Judge for yourself:

Battle load time.

Moving to a new area.

Opening the menu.

Each link should take you to a part in the video demonstrating each "problematic" load time.

incpdo

The complaints about the PS1 version are pretty much strictly related to load times. I say it's hyperbole but sure, a couple of seconds here and there does add up.

Judge for yourself:

Battle load time.

Moving to a new area.

Opening the menu.

Each link should take you to a part in the video demonstrating each "problematic" load time.

Also take into account the option that the psx emulator has to increase the speed of the "disc" which in most cases will increase as well the performance hold down the PS button and select [Settings] next to where it says the name of the game your playing, then select [Other Settings], then select [Disc Load Speed] then just select Fast. Take into account some games go the glitch way when this is used but some other games actually increase the performance for example the japanese rockman psone game.

Clive's got you covered. Just my two cents that it's overblown. I grew up on the SNES version, it's one of my favorite games of all time, and the PS1 version was great comfort food any time I wanted it. Still is. Roughly the same experience as playing any of the PS1 FF games imo.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Clive's got you covered. Just my two cents that it's overblown. I grew up on the SNES version, it's one of my favorite games of all time, and the PS1 version was great comfort food any time I wanted it. Still is. Roughly the same experience as playing any of the PS1 FF games imo.

Reminds me of the Hoohah over slowdown on FF Tactics, War of the Lions. It is a turn based game, I don't give a shit if there is slowdown for some spells. Game plays just fine.

omg_mjd

Finally bought a 64GB card and was pleasantly surprised that swapping memory cards doesn't mess my bubble layouts. I thought that was a problem before? Gonna keep my Vita games on the 64GB and my PSP/PS1/PSM games on the 32GB.

Also got Trails of Cold Steel and Estival Versus to add to my physical collection. Good stuff.

Finally bought a 64GB card and was pleasantly surprised that swapping memory cards doesn't mess my bubble layouts. I thought that was a problem before? Gonna keep my Vita games on the 64GB and my PSP/PS1/PSM games on the 32GB.

Also got Trails of Cold Steel and Estival Versus to add to my physical collection. Good stuff.

IIRC that bubble mess up thing only happened for account switching?

dallow_bg

nods at old men

IIRC that bubble mess up thing only happened for account switching?

It happens when switching cards too.
You just have to be careful about placement of system installed icons.

If you start swapping icons on that new card and put a game where say the settings icon is on the other card, then it will rearrange everything.

omg_mjd

It happens when switching cards too.
You just have to be careful about placement of system installed icons.

If you start swapping icons on that new card and put a game where say the settings icon is on the other card, then it will rearrange everything.

Good to know, thanks!

UCBooties

Glad to hear about Grand Kingdom.

Is Darkest Dungeon dead for the Vita? I feel like it's one of those things that just quietly slipped away after the game's home console launch.

Glad to hear about Grand Kingdom.

Is Darkest Dungeon dead for the Vita? I feel like it's one of those things that just quietly slipped away after the game's home console launch.

NOPE!!! (Darkest Dungeon is only currently out on Steam)

Just the opposite actually!

Very Much alive and they recently updated that console versions are slightly delayed to August or so

The upside is that those versions will have all the developed content and current updates

UCBooties

NOPE!!! (Darkest Dungeon is only currently out on Steam)

Just the opposite actually!

Very Much alive and they recently updated that console versions are slightly delayed to August or so

The upside is that those versions will have all the developed content and current updates

Awesome, thanks!

So my dearest VitaGAF
Can you recommend me a Vita game on NA PSN, around 10$, with a good story? PS1, PSP games etc. are a go. Don't expect I've played anything, no matter how obvious. Currently considering FF6 which would make it my first FF.

AmuroChan

So my dearest VitaGAF
Can you recommend me a Vita game on NA PSN, around 10$, with a good story? PS1, PSP games etc. are a go. Don't expect I've played anything, no matter how obvious. Currently considering FF6 which would make it my first FF.

Persona 4 Golden
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy Tactics

Jon Arbuckle

Neo Member
So my dearest VitaGAF

FFIX is my favorite of the series, but FFVI is definitely a popular choice. The Suikoden series is supposed to have some good story telling as well. Not sure what else would fit into your budget. I'm sure there's a lot of PS1 games that fit that bill that I'm not aware of though.

plufim

Thanks everyone. I'm convinced, will get it.

I just wanted to pop in this thread and say that I just got a Vita (Slim White import), and am having a grand time. I'm starting Persona 4 Golden tonight, and can't wait! I've been following this thread every day, and appreciate the updates.

Vita is cool.

How is the online in Freedom Wars ? I'd like to play this game and it would be more fun if there are still people online.

I just wanted to pop in this thread and say that I just got a Vita (Slim White import), and am having a grand time. I'm starting Persona 4 Golden tonight, and can't wait! I've been following this thread every day, and appreciate the updates.

Vita is cool.

Enjoy your ride :)

omg_mjd

Has anyone played the full version of Dust Force? I like the demo but i remember vaguely people criticizing the performance of the Vita version when it first came out.

Vita is cool.

Welcome to the family! P4G is a masterpiece. If you have a DS, play 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors and then move on to Virtue's Last Reward on Vita (my GOAT). Danganronpa 1-2, Tearaway and Soul Sacrifice Delta are other musts.

Decided to not buy a game for the time being, I have Soul Sacrifice Delta, FF7 and Samurai Warriors 4 lol. Might skip SW4 though, trying to limit my gaming to story focused stuff. Looked up a bit of FF6 and while the music and art is great the gameplay just didn't click. I buy games off allowance, so I just ended up buying a couple ebooks instead. (I just discovered I can get Kindle to work on my iPad and it will be the death of me)

By the way, how does Amazon US go about shipping preorders internationally? Preordered the watch bonus edition of Zero Escape 3 and I'd like to have an approximate date for when they start honoring orders (FWIW it takes a couple weeks for the order to arrive, usually)

Takao

Banned
A couple of game themes came out this week in NA:
Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir - $1.99 (3.9MB)
Atelier Sophie A-1 - Free (1.2MB)
Atelier Sophie A-2 - Free (1.3MB)
Atelier Sophie C - Free (738KB)

The Atelier ones lack custom music and are only a single pack and lock screen. Odin Sphere lacks custom music as well.

is it possible to play PS all star cross play from my Vita with my PS3 version?
they all in the same PSN ID.

IIRC PS All-Stars is cross-everything. I'm not sure if you can play online PS3 vs. PSV with the same PSN ID on both, though. You'd probably have to sign in to a different one on PS3.

incpdo

So i asked Amon26 about one of my most waited Vita games , an unpopular choice but its a personal one.

Gyossait is a disturbing 2d platformer and i want this to happen in the Vita .
This game was announced long time ago for the system but i decided to ask the devs about it the respnse was:

Amon26.PNG

I might be the only one excited for this game but if you are interested just ask woflgame NA and share the word

ill leave a first impressions of the game so anybody who doesnt know what im talking about can see if its or not their cup of tea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS7uHvBg0To

Top Bottom