• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

Jon Arbuckle

Neo Member
Apparently Banner Saga is still in active development for Vita via Banner Saga's Twitter page (fan asked since they were promoting Banner Saga 2 having a release date on PS4).

Glad to get some confirmation on it's status, but I would've loved a release date more than a "it's still in development but progressing well" from them. Does anyone still care that it's coming?

Only in NA

pretty weird since I think XSEED self published it in EU as well

Edit nope, 505 games released it in EU

Bummer. Wish I'd grabbed it while I had the chance.

Apparently Banner Saga is still in active development for Vita via Banner Saga's Twitter page (fan asked since they were promoting Banner Saga 2 having a release date on PS4).

Glad to get some confirmation on it's status, but I would've loved a release date more than a "it's still in development but progressing well" from them. Does anyone still care that it's coming?

I'd care more if they confirmed that BS2 was coming too. As of now, I'm a bit ehh since I'll have to play the sequel somewhere else.

maouvin

Toukiden 2 Vita demo coming out in Japan May 24. Cross-play with the PS4 demo.

edit: how did I mistake the name of the game, smh

What exactly do you want to know? It takes longer to load the system storage thing on a 64GB because it has to look through more data.

I never heard of anyone saying they are slower

I recently switched from a 16GB to a 64GB memory card. I did notice it takes longer to load song previews in Project Diva f, but other than that everything is fine (the load times for the stages themselves don't seem to be different, just the previews for some reason).

maouvin

Even the PS4 demo has messy framerate, lol. Maybe they'll improve it on the cross-play update.
Hell, performance on the village was better on the Vita version streamed than on the PS4 demo you can play. Optimization still has ways to go, and that's why I'm not worried with the performance shown on the streams.

Of course, game's coming out next month, might go gold at the start of June, they don't have much time left if they want to ship a nicely running game.

edit: PS4 version will have improvements, fixes and balancing indeed. Details here: http://gematsu.com/2016/05/toukiden-2-ps-vita-demo-launches-may-24-japan

L.O.R.D

What exactly do you want to know? It takes longer to load the system storage thing on a 64GB because it has to look through more data.

I never heard of anyone saying they are slower

from what i heard,64GB Vita memory perform very slow,like 4mbps,unlike the 16GB Vita card.

heringer

Guys, can I transfer games from PC to Vita?

Because of God knows why, I can't download (or buy, for that matter) Dissidia 2 on my Vita from PSN BR.

dracula_x

Guys, can I transfer games from PC to Vita?

Because of God knows why, I can't download (or buy, for that matter) Dissidia 2 on my Vita from PSN BR.

Only if you already have a backup file on PC. Because, as I know, you can't download a Vita game directly to PC from webstore.

Clive

I went all digital on the Vita. Are there any physical only games out there?

All games are required by Sony to get a digital version with the exception of Disney Infinity which requires a peripheral to even function. Some games have been delisted though but not many noteworthy games.

Retail-only games that I know of because of delistings:
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen
Virtua Tennis 4
Michael Jackson: The Experience
Asphalt Injection
Angry Birds: Star Wars
Football Manager 2014

Virtua Tennis 4 and UMvC3 being the stand-out titles from that list in my opinion. Two games I would recommend if you're into either genre.

Redhood

This year money is gonna be tough! So I decided to trim my purchase list for the year. I am only gonna buy Project Diva X and Zero Time Dillema. Most of the games on my list were 2017 anyways.

These are the games I am looking forward to:

Danganronpa 3
Toukiden 2
Ys8
13 Sentinels
Dragon Quest Builders
SaGa
World of Final Fantasy
Trails of Cold Steel II
Rain World
Odin Sphere
Banner Saga
Hyperlight Drifter
Oddworld
Volume
Severed
God Eater I & II
Tokyo Xanadu
Superbeat Xonic

Not sure if these will come over:
Nights of Azure
Setsuna

So I know my Vita is gonna serve me well into 2018.

Not sure if these will come over:
Nights of Azure
Setsuna

So I know my Vita is gonna serve me well into 2018.

Setsuna very likely will not, unless Square sees good enough sales from the other versions and decides to throw us a bone. NoA seems to have been swept under the rug as it's not talked about much anymore, so there's probably no chance now.

Also from your main list, SaGa and DQ Builders have a laughable chance of coming as well. SaGa because it's niche enough that they don't have to worry about it getting too much backlash when they don't announce it for Vita, and Builders is DQ on Vita, which we don't have a Nintendo here to help hold their hand on getting it out.

Fady K

Hey there folks! Some updates for you for the last few days :D

* MeiQ: Labyrinth of Death (Known in Japan as Death Under the Labyrinth) - as you may have heard, Compile Heart's dungeon RPG is heading westward thanks to Idea Factory International - physically too.
MeiQ-Labyrinth-of-Death_2016_05-09-16_011.png

MeiQ-Labyrinth-of-Death_2016_05-09-16_002.jpg

MeiQ-Labyrinth-of-Death_2016_05-09-16_003.jpg

MeiQ-Labyrinth-of-Death_2016_05-09-16_004.jpg

MeiQ-Labyrinth-of-Death_2016_05-09-16_005.jpg

* Angel Senki - a F2P MMORPG is hitting Vitas this summer in Japan, courtesy of...Lions Film. Here's the trailer of the previously released PS3 version.
8TDGzRk.png

* Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana is hitting Japan REAL soon (July 21). Here's the new TV Spot. Also, special edition Ys Vitas are coming out on the same day in Japan ^^ Also, enjoy some new screens and art! Here's a new gameplay trailer as well.
Ys-VIII-JP-TV-Spot-1.jpg

Ys-VIII-PSV-Models-JP-Ann_001-768x432.jpg

Ys-VIII_05-13-16_Top.jpg

Ys-VIII_05-13-16_001.jpg

Ys-VIII_05-13-16_002.jpg

Ys-VIII_05-13-16_003.jpg

Ys-VIII_05-13-16_004.jpg

Ys-VIII_05-13-16_005.jpg

* Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book - New character trailer and synthesis gameplay clip.
Atelier-Sophie_05-11-16.jpg

* God Eater Resurrection / God Eater 2: Rage Burst - excited for either of these games? Check out the new developer diary! (English subtitles)
GE2-Dev-Diary-2_05-11-16.jpg

* Divine Prison Tower: Mary Skelter - The awesome site Gematsu has put up a preview of this upcoming JRPG.
Mary-Skelter_05-11-16_001.jpg

Mary-Skelter_05-11-16_002.jpg

Mary-Skelter_05-11-16_003.jpg

* Minecraft on the Vita alone have topped 1 MILLION copies - in Japan alone! Nice to hear such a success story on the Vita!
Minecraft-Vita-One-Mil-JP.jpg

* Dynasty Warriors Eiketsuden now has a release date - August 3 in Japan. In case you missed it, here's the first trailer.
DWE-Dated-JP-Init_05-12-16_001.jpg

* Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir - As this beautiful looking game nears release in the west this June, here's another new trailer featuring the character Velvet.
Velvet-PV_05-12-16.jpg

* Osomatsu-San: The Game has been announced for the Vita in Japan, courtesy of Idea Factory and Otomate. Seems like an otome game. Not much is known yet.
3zJPr63.jpg

* Caligula - Here's a new gameplay video from this interesting looking JRPG from FuRyuu and Aquria.
Caligula-Gameplay_05-13-16.jpg

* Toukiden 2 - the demo will be available on the Japanese PSN store on May 24.
zFatuiF.jpg

* Shin Hayarigami 2 - New gameplay trailer. Out in Japan on July 7.
Shin-Hayarigami-2-Debut-PV.jpg

* Root Letter - new trailer (with English subtitles of Kadokawa's mystery adventure game.
Root-Letter-PV3.jpg

Root-Letter-PV3_First-Print.jpg

* Nuclear Golf has been announced for the Vita by Touchfight Games - a fast paced 2D golf game with explosions ;D Announcement trailer here! Not only will the game be cross-buy with the upcoming PS4 version, but PS+ users get a discount price at launch. Out this summer.
qySeugml.jpg

26193438663_dc40fa1216_b.jpg

* Letter Quest: Grimm's Journey hits the Vita on May 17th!
9wySHOHl.jpg

* Top sellers on the Vita in NA in April 2016 Congrats in particular to Drinkbox Studios for their success on Severed. All Vita owners here - check it out.

1 Severed
2 DIGIMON STORY CYBER SLEUTH
3 Risk of Rain
4 Persona 4 Golden
5 Axiom Verge
6 Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition
7 Grand Theft Auto PS Vita Collection
8 XCOM: Enemy Unknown Plus
9 Shovel Knight
10 Sid Meier’s Civilization Revolution 2 Plus

For those who missed last week's new releases, here you go:

MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies
AMzJVXX.jpg

M.O.P. Operation Cleanup
0j7ud8gl.jpg

Man, it's depressing seeing Japanese Vita exclusives that aren't IF because localization is becoming so uncertain. I stopped watching Caligula updates because it looks so interesting but I have no idea who would localize it.

Jon Arbuckle

Neo Member
Man, it's depressing seeing Japanese Vita exclusives that aren't IF because localization is becoming so uncertain. I stopped watching Caligula updates because it looks so interesting but I have no idea who would localize it.

Don't say it. I'm so excited for that game. I'm praying someone picks it up to localize. ...Maybe NISA or Atlus will take pity on us.

Yasumi

Banned

We've gotten pretty much every big game localization recently, apart from Square Enix's dumb BS and Koei Tecmo not bringing Nights of Azure for some reason. I wouldn't worry about it, localizations are still coming strong.

Guys, do you think that Sony will release a new Vita version soon?
Like, I mean, announcing a Vita SLIM 2 at this year E3?
Because I'm dying for a Vita right now and my birthday is really close.
CAN'T RESIST.

Guys, do you think that Sony will release a new Vita version soon?
Like, I mean, announcing a Vita SLIM 2 at this year E3?
Because I'm dying for a Vita right now and my birthday is really close.
CAN'T RESIST.

Honestly don't think so. They rarely even mention Vita when games are for PS4 and Vita. Also we wouldve seen some leaks if it was something that was happening.

I own 1 OLED, 1 aqua blue 2006 model. I'm considering getting a third one because I know someone selling an aqua blue 2 month used with screen guards in mint + 2 x 4gb + 2 x cases for just 111$.

Maybe I should buy a damn 64gb memory card instead as they cost the same here :/

Absolutely no chance of any new Vita hardware. What we have now is all we're going to get.

Honestly don't think so. They rarely even mention Vita when games are for PS4 and Vita. Also we wouldve seen some leaks if it was something that was happening.

I own 1 OLED, 1 aqua blue 2006 model. I'm considering getting a third one because I know someone selling an aqua blue 2 month used with screen guards in mint + 2 x 4gb + 2 x cases for just 111$.

Maybe I should buy a damn 64gb memory card instead as they cost the same here :/

Thanks a lot, guys!
Really hope to join you VERY soon. <3

EDIT: What about accessories? What would you suggest to buy to a new owner?
Somethink like protective films and similia, I mean.

Thanks a lot, guys!
Really hope to join you VERY soon. <3

EDIT: What about accessories? What would you suggest to buy to a new owner?
Somethink like protective films and similia, I mean.

Please try and get the 2006 model. Basically matte finish. Aqua Blue in NA through gamestop or the aqua blue and orange models in Asia or Japan regions. The matte finish is a lot better than the 2000 glossy one.

I had a screen guard on my first vita but removed it after a few weeks. I stopped using screenguards on all my devices a long time ago. If you do plan on getting one, make sure it is applied so that it covers the full glass panel so using the touch screen wont be annoying with friction between non screen and screen parts. Actually the 2000 model screenguards should not have this problem.

Get a grip if you can. I had the PDP grip for the 1000 model and loved it. Havent bothered with a grip on 2000 yet but i will get one of those remote play ones.

most importantly, see if you can get a 32 or 64 card right from the get go. that way the main expensive purchase is done along with the vita.

If you need any help, ask here or PM me anytime. Happy to help with vita stuff.

Please try and get the 2006 model. Basically matte finish. Aqua Blue in NA through gamestop or the aqua blue and orange models in Asia or Japan regions. The matte finish is a lot better than the 2000 glossy one.

I had a screen guard on my first vita but removed it after a few weeks. I stopped using screenguards on all my devices a long time ago. If you do plan on getting one, make sure it is applied so that it covers the full glass panel so using the touch screen wont be annoying with friction between non screen and screen parts. Actually the 2000 model screenguards should not have this problem.

Get a grip if you can. I had the PDP grip for the 1000 model and loved it. Havent bothered with a grip on 2000 yet but i will get one of those remote play ones.

most importantly, see if you can get a 32 or 64 card right from the get go. that way the main expensive purchase is done along with the vita.

If you need any help, ask here or PM me anytime. Happy to help with vita stuff.

Thank you SO much, you're really helpful!
I was thinking to buy something like this:
Dwio0LW.jpg

Seems pretty good to me (even if the case is really simple, without room for any game or charger) and it's Hori.
Plus, it's only 22&#8364; on Amazon.

According to heavy arm there will be an English Asia Vita copy of Mighty No 9

https://twitter.com/HeavyArm_Store/status/730765755298381824

June 30th

I just can't believe that it'll be out so soon, even with their apparent source. I'll wait and see, as from what I've heard in past threads about the development of the game I expect the handheld version to be out around 6 months after the release of the console game (they had to start from scratch after all).
Plus Comcept themselves haven't announced any date for the handheld version, so that leads me to believe Heavy Arm are wrong on this one.

Hows it been 9 months since the japanese release but we still haven't heard anything about a Tokyo Xanadu localization yet?

It's like that only non ys vita game worth caring about in the last year and the foreseeable future and yet... Nothing?

c-murph

cj_iwakura

Hows it been 9 months since the japanese release but we still haven't heard anything about a Tokyo Xanadu localization yet?

It's like that only non ys vita game worth caring about in the last year and the foreseeable future and yet... Nothing?

I'm worried too. I held off on importing it, now I think I should have.

Well, the whole reason it's still coming was because they did a massive poll that got thousands of votes and 69% of voters said they will wanted the Vita version. Gio Corsi stepped in and they partnered with Sony to finish the port.

Xseed seems to be holding off on any more major announcements until their usual e3 lineup. The most we'll get before then is probably an EDF 4.1 PC announcement since they've been hinting at it for some time now, that's going to be about it.

If we do get it this year though, I wouldn't expect it to be anything short of a late fall release.

incpdo

how the Vita version of Malicious?
the PS3 has some serious frames drop problems,wonder if it worse in the Vita.
Malicious Vita has double the content of the ps3 version. The new content performance is slighty better than the main performance but yes has frame drops when there is a lot going on in the screen .
The game plays very well actually and performance is a little better than when came out as there was some Vita performance updates of the main Vita OS.
I love it , but if you didnt like the performance on the ps3 version you wont like this one.

Tohsaka

I think we'll get it later this year after XSEED releases Xanadu Next on PC, I can't see them passing on a notable Falcom game and I'm sure Falcom wants it localized as well.

Takao

Banned
This seems to be Heavy Arm's 'source' according to that Twitter convo: http://gematsu.com/2016/05/mighty-no-9-launches-june-21-north-america-june-24-worldwide

Which says absolutely nothing about the Vita or 3DS version other than it'll happen 'later'.

I mean, I don't doubt there will be a physical Vita version eventually (it's been listed on Amazon Spain and Play-Asia for about a year now) but there's nooooo way it's coming June 30.

His source is Sony. They have committed to doing the Asian release of Mighty No. 9, but I doubt that date is correct for the Vita version.

Top Bottom