• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

IFFY'S NEWS FLASH Vol. 86: MeiQ: Labyrinth of Death Dungeon-crawls its Way to Your PS Vita This Fall!

Vita means life

physical and digital

you can never have enough DRPGs imo

JonnyKong

Thanks for all your feedback guys re:Murasaki. I'll wait until it appears in a sale. I've got plenty of other games to be getting on with as it is.

Shizuka

Fun games
speedy localization and worldwide releases

doesn't get better that this IMO

They're not amazing life changing experiences but not all games have to be

Some companies could use a lesson from them

Not that speedy if you ask me. One year is a standard, nothing fast about that. They used to be faster.

Cornbread78

Is anyone going out to buy the newest zombie game tonight?

4l3GW3u.jpg

Fun games
speedy localization and worldwide releases

doesn't get better that this IMO

They're not amazing life changing experiences but not all games have to be

Some companies could use a lesson from them

Exactly. Not every game has to be an amazing work of art. What's fun is fun.

JonnyKong

This may seem like a daft question, but can we play those newly updated PS2 games on our Vita? I quite fancy a handheld version of Parappa.

BTA

Too expensive imo. I've played the game since it was a PS+ free game. Puzzle are too easy, gameplay is weird and I find the art quite terrible. It's fine since I didn't "pay" for it but I wouldn't recommend it at that price.

I also played it due to PS+. I would second waiting for a sale; I think I liked it more than you did but still wasn't very fond of it. Some of it was neat, but it's pretty buggy and there's not much to it.

I paid full price for Murasaki Baby day 1 and really liked it. Love the art style and enjoy the unorthodox play mechanics in that genre. It's a one and done kind of game and not too long, though. Fun to revisit once in a great while if you enjoy it.

Just giving my two cents, but since most people dislike it you probably won't either.

pirata

Just won an auction on ebay for a white PSVita OLED model with a case and a 32 gig card for 150.00. Just ordered P4G and Danganronpa on Amazon. I've never had a Sony handheld before. Probably going to get Spelunky digitally ASAP. What else should I have my eye on, GAF?

cwistofu

Just won an auction on ebay for a white PSVita OLED model with a case and a 32 gig card for 150.00. Just ordered P4G and Danganronpa on Amazon. I've never had a Sony handheld before. Probably going to get Spelunky digitally ASAP. What else should I have my eye on, GAF?
Hot Shots Golf World Invitational for quick and addictive gameplay.
Muramasa Rebirth for side scrolling hack and slash.
Dragon's Crown for side scrolling RPG brawler.
Trails in the Sky FC and SC on PSN for amazing classic JRPG goodness.
Trails of Cold Steel after you play and love Trails in the Sky.
Dungeon Travelers 2 for pervy but deep dungeon RPG fun.
Atelier series for comfy alchemy JRPG.
DJMAX Technika Tune, IA/VT Colorful, or Superbeat XONiC for rhythm games.
Rayman Origins/Legends for top tier 2D platforming.
Disgaea 4 for SRPG that never ends.
Bastion.

And a lot more but those are my biggest recs.

EDIT: also get Severed, a first person action game developed by the guys behind Guacamelee. It's super good.

redcrayon

The Ys games. Memories of Celceta is the Vita title, but there's several more on PSN.

Check out Freedom Wars if you like the idea of Monster Hunter with guns and human opponents as well as giant creatures, it's pretty cheap and has some great ideas.

Just to rattle off a few of my favourite indies: Steamworld Dig, Shovel Knight, Rogue Legacy, Velocity, The Swapper, The Swindle, Xeodrifter, Heroes of Loot. If you haven't played them anywhere else, the Vita is a great place to start. Instant pause/resume on a portable has really helped me chip through games over the last few years.

Trails in the Sky, TitS SC and Trails of Cold Steel for more JRPGs.

Dungeon crawlers- Stranger of Sword City just came out and is great if you want an old-school, wizardry-style D&D adventure.

Is anyone going out to buy the newest zombie game tonight?

4l3GW3u.jpg

Had it pre-ordered for £20.00 for a while. Even if I hadn't got it for that price I would've bought it. Sounds silly but IFI really earned my trust with all their localizations, so I tend to have them all pre-ordered. Same deal with NISA.

Are any of those Neptunia games actually any good? They all seem to get bad reviews and moe generally creeps me out, but I love the idea of having the Saturn & Dreamcast as playable characters, and they keep making those games so I figure they must have something going for them.

i think a vita grip is mandatory for long play sessions, especially if a game takes a bunch of button mashing, but YMMV
I never felt the need for a grip

Are any of those Neptunia games actually any good? They all seem to get bad reviews and moe generally creeps me out, but I love the idea of having the Saturn & Dreamcast as playable characters, and they keep making those games so I figure they must have something going for them.
The main series are fun, light JRPGs. Look for Rebirth 1 on sale for $10-$15 or something and try it yourself, it's not a huge risk. Reviews are low because the games are for a niche audience, not because they are unredeemable garbage. I'd give Nep Rebirth 1 an 8/10. User reviews on Steam are extremely positive as well.

Hard to say what anyone's tolerance for "moe" is, but the games are more silly anime than "creepy" fanservice

After playing lots of Velocity 2X over the weekend I'd love to see it get a physical release of some kind (along with its prequel). The level design is getting pretty nuts now, it started out so simple but one level has you doing an insane level of backtracking both in your ship and on foot. I have a feeling that'll be one level that takes me ages to perfect! Getting perfect ranks on the Critical Urgency levels so far has been really challenging, I've only got two of them left to perfect, but I have a feeling the last level will be a pain to speed run.

I've also been playing quite a bit of Playstation Allstars. As a port its great, looks great and runs so smooth. The combat is more fun than I remember, easy enough to pick up and play but there are some simple combo's there if you dig a little deeper. Can't say I prefer it to Smash Bros but I'm certainly enjoying what I play at the moment.

I paid full price for Murasaki Baby day 1 and really liked it. Love the art style and enjoy the unorthodox play mechanics in that genre. It's a one and done kind of game and not too long, though. Fun to revisit once in a great while if you enjoy it.

Just giving my two cents, but since most people dislike it you probably won't either.

I agree with your points, It was a really interesting game and fun while it lasts. Its just long enough to keep things interesting but not too long so that it outstays its welcome.

JonnyKong

I think I will get Murasaki. I remember liking the look of it when I saw the trailer a couple of years back, and the shortness of the game doesn't bother me, especially as only a few days ago I paid £10 for "The Park" which only took me 90 minutes to finish!

ffvorax

I think I will get Murasaki. I remember liking the look of it when I saw the trailer a couple of years back, and the shortness of the game doesn't bother me, especially as only a few days ago I paid £10 for "The Park" which only took me 90 minutes to finish!

For me it was a very nice experience. The only real issue for me is the front-touchpad use that cover the screen... it's very easy and quite short, but the art i think is very original and the mood is also appropriate.

Could have been better, but still a nice game.

You have to know what you're getting - a very light hearted RPG (or action-RPG) with plenty of VN elements. To be honest, I don't find the Neptunia games particularly good but they're very safe. I enjoy playing them, and I know what I'm getting when I go in.

Clive

The best description is they're visual novels with bad dungeons tacked on. You're more likely to enjoy them for their characters and stories than for the RPG elements and the same goes for anything Idea Factory publishes. If you like cute anime girls and the parts of the humor you have experienced, give the series a shot. If not, skip it.

Not sure if this was known or the info is allowed to share here but according to Amazon Germany, which often leaks NIS America release dates, Criminal Girls 2 is releasing on 2th September.

L.O.R.D

Anyone has 64 and 16 GB card to make some speed test?
I have 64GB and when i go to check available free space it's taking long time.

plufim

After renewing PS+ with a voucher I've got ~$10 in my Sony wallet. What would you fine ladies and gents recommend? Any PSP or PSOne must haves?

Clive

After renewing PS+ with a voucher I've got ~$10 in my Sony wallet. What would you fine ladies and gents recommend? Any PSP or PSOne must haves?

Platformers: Klonoa or Mega Man 2, 3, X4 and Maverick Hunter X.

RPGs: Final Fantasy VII, Tactics or IX, Xenogears, Suikoden 1-2,

Needs PS3 to transfer: Metal Gear Solid and Silent Hill.

Shmups in Japanese but with good manuals in English on Monkeypaw's site, you don't really need to know Japanese for them anyway: Shienryu, Sonic Wings and Wolf Fang. They're on US PSN.

Top Bottom