• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (OVER ~350 games with screens inside!) || 2015 Edition ||

Another awesome update Fady. I can't wait to get Night Watch when its released. I like the concept and art style, hopefully the gameplay will back it up.
Also glad to see that Resident Evil Revelations 2 is getting a English physical release in Asia at least. If it plays smooth enough I'll be happy.

Great update, Fady! Thanks for all your hard work. Question: Any word on Drifter? The game sounded really interesting when first announced.

Also, wanted to throw in that I picked up the Persona 4 Dance All Night Vita bundle recently. It was hard to put down my OG white model, but the 2000 is amazing. Add on the grip with the L2 and R2 buttons, and you have a perfect handheld/remote play companion.

FTF

Wow, awesome job Fady. And that's an amazing list of games! o_O
If only I had more time (and money ha) …sigh :/

I couldve sworn they said Galak-Z is still coming for the Vita, but just not same day as PS4. They said something about it being ready by fall or winter. forgot where i read that source.

Wow vita 2000 looks sexy.

Hmm, the battery on my 1000 is going, I might jump on a 2000 if there is a good sale.

As to the Rocket League comment, while I would love that on the go, I just dont ever see it coming to the Vita. If games like Galak-z, Nom Nom Galaxy and other indie titles ran into resource constraints on the Vita, I cant see a game like Rocket League coming over.

Also, Fady, great job as always! I religiously check these threads. Always great information. How I hope the swathe of games coming to Japan (ie Tokyo Xanadu, Night Watch, Land of No Night, Maker Trilion, etc) come out to the west. I completely fell out of JRPGs from PS2 to PS3 generation but I feel they are perfect on handhelds especially for someone like me has to take the railroad to work (and even better when I was traveling around the country).

18-Volt

Also, Fady, great job as always! I religiously check these threads. Always great information. How I hope the swathe of games coming to Japan (ie Tokyo Xanadu, Night Watch, Land of No Night, Maker Trilion, etc) come out to the west.

Western publishers haven't announced anything for quite some time. NISA has 3 upcoming games and all of them are releasing in about 2 months. Same goes for IFI, they only have Amnesia this month. Also, I'm quite surprised Koei Tecmo still haven't announced Atelier Escha and Logy Plus or Nobunaga's Ambition Vita. I expect a 2016 localization list as this;

NISA: Night Watch, Hero Must Die, Criminal Girls 2
XSEED: Tokyo Xanadu, Luminous Arc, Net High, Valkyrie Drive
Atlus: Mystery Chronicle, Grand Kingdom, Odin Sphere, Exist Archive
Aksys: Metropolis Defenders and some IF otomes.
IFI: Makai Shin Trillion, Death Under the Labyrinth, Tag Team Blanc + Neptune, Neptunia X Sega Hard Girls
Koei Tecmo: Land of No Light, Atelier Escha Logy Plus, Atelier Sophie, Samurai Warriors Empires

Games I'm unsure about: Kancolle Kai (I have a feeling that NISA will skip this), Utawarerumono 2 (and Atlus will probably skip this because there are better games to be localized, like SpikeChunsoft stuff)

Sorry if this has been answered somewhere in the thread, has Tales from the Borderlands received an official release date for Vita? I want to get into the telltale games and have my sights on this one....

Sorry if this has been answered somewhere in the thread, has Tales from the Borderlands received an official release date for Vita? I want to get into the telltale games and have my sights on this one....

I've not heard anything myself about an official release date. I think it was vaguely announced for the Vita at some stage, but that was it (or that might have been for Game of Thrones, but I've not heard anything about that either).

I've not heard anything myself about an official release date. I think it was vaguely announced for the Vita at some stage, but that was it (or that might have been for Game of Thrones, but I've not heard anything about that either).

Have the finished all the episodes yet? The walking dead and wolf among us vita versions came out as complete series sets, so I imagine they're following suit with tales and Game of throne....

Have the finished all the episodes yet? The walking dead and wolf among us vita versions came out as complete series sets, so I imagine they're following suit with tales and Game of throne....

Neither GoT or Borderlands have released all their episodes yet, so it may be that they are waiting. I'm more interested in Borderlands at the moment, hopefully that one gets released first, I've still not got around to watching GoT, so I don't wait to indirectly spoil the series by playing the game...

UCBooties

Western publishers haven't announced anything for quite some time. NISA has 3 upcoming games and all of them are releasing in about 2 months. Same goes for IFI, they only have Amnesia this month. Also, I'm quite surprised Koei Tecmo still haven't announced Atelier Escha and Logy Plus or Nobunaga's Ambition Vita. I expect a 2016 localization list as this;

IFI: Makai Shin Trillion, Death Under the Labyrinth, Tag Team Blanc + Neptune, Neptunia X Sega Hard Girls
Koei Tecmo: Land of No Light, Atelier Escha Logy Plus, Atelier Sophie, Samurai Warriors Empires

Games I'm unsure about: Kancolle Kai (I have a feeling that NISA will skip this), Utawarerumono 2 (and Atlus will probably skip this because there are better games to be localized, like SpikeChunsoft stuff)

I hope most of that list is right. In particular I'm hoping for news on Luminous Arc, Grand Kingdom, Odin Sphere, Exist Archive, and Makai Shin Trillion. Fingers crossed anyway!

Tohsaka

Also, Fady, great job as always! I religiously check these threads. Always great information. How I hope the swathe of games coming to Japan (ie Tokyo Xanadu, Night Watch, Land of No Night, Maker Trilion, etc) come out to the west. I completely fell out of JRPGs from PS2 to PS3 generation but I feel they are perfect on handhelds especially for someone like me has to take the railroad to work (and even better when I was traveling around the country).

I think all of those are a lock for localization. XSEED has been bringing over Falcom's games, and have licensed Xanadu Next so we'll probably get Tokyo Xanadu as well. Night Watch seems likely since it's a Nippon Ichi game and probably not terribly text-heavy. Yoru no Nai Kuni is a K-T game and they localize everything, and Trillion is Idea Factory's big new IP so I'm sure they'll localize it.

Neither GoT or Borderlands have released all their episodes yet, so it may be that they are waiting. I'm more interested in Borderlands at the moment, hopefully that one gets released first, I've still not got around to watching GoT, so I don't wait to indirectly spoil the series by playing the game...

Amazingly I've not watched game of thrones either( gasp) so we're in the same boat. That said, I don't think the walking dead game has the same characters as the tv show( only watched a few episodes) so I imagine GoT will be the same. I'll have to check out the OT for that....

Shizuka

Let's see, your list is almost spot-on: Aksys will most likely do at least one Spike Chunsoft game from the ones you listed under Atlus USA and Atlus will definitely bring Utawarerumono 2, along with the first Dungeon Travelers.

Amazingly I've not watched game of thrones either( gasp) so we're in the same boat. That said, I don't think the walking dead game has the same characters as the tv show( only watched a few episodes) so I imagine GoT will be the same. I'll have to check out the OT for that....

I've not watched Walking Dead either, I'm behind on my TV!
From what I understand Walking Dead uses new characters and the game story takes place in the same universe as the comic/TV show.
I think GoT features main characters from the series in some capacity, but again focuses on new characters made for the game?

Fady K

Damn - Crossing Souls looks pretty cool! First I've heard of it

Hi Moobabe! Shame that we lost yesterday but Courtois was in top form! One of the main reasons behind my updates is to help introduce games a guy like you might have missed out on ;D

Cosmic Star Heroine looks nice.
Regalia reminds me of Banner Saga which is awesome.
Land of Night is the standout for me though, that game looks great, been interested in it since it was revealed, is it Vita only?

CSH looks nice indeed, the developer of the game is awesome too :D

Speaking of Banner Saga, it is coming along nicely apparently.

Land of No Night will also be hitting the PS3 + PS4.

I think you used Lost Dimension's trailer twice, hah.

I did! Thanks BTA - fixed it up.

Crossing Souls and Night Watch look amazing.

Without this thread I wouldn't know of any of these games. Where do you get all your info?

Thanks so much!

They sure do, Night Watch in particular is a highlight for me. NIS America better localize it!!

What I basically do stan is I look at all the great sites out there that provide plenty of updates on Vita games like Siliconera, Gematsu, Pocketgamer, the official Playstation Blog as well as the awesome posters in this thread for little nuggets of info we may have missed. The purpose of this thread is to make sure to give every Vita fan here exposure to literally every upcoming Vita game and all the updates tied to them <3

You are MOST welcome, it is an honor to be a part of such a great community that is the Vita fanbase here. You guys absolutely rock.

Another awesome update Fady. I can't wait to get Night Watch when its released. I like the concept and art style, hopefully the gameplay will back it up.
Also glad to see that Resident Evil Revelations 2 is getting a English physical release in Asia at least. If it plays smooth enough I'll be happy.

Thank you very much Shadowman16 :) Glad you liked it! Next update today hopefully :) I can't wait for Night Watch either! Hoping NIS localizes it :)

Great update, Fady! Thanks for all your hard work. Question: Any word on Drifter? The game sounded really interesting when first announced.

Also, wanted to throw in that I picked up the Persona 4 Dance All Night Vita bundle recently. It was hard to put down my OG white model, but the 2000 is amazing. Add on the grip with the L2 and R2 buttons, and you have a perfect handheld/remote play companion.

Thank you for the kind words CousinLump! I hope to release another update today :) And you are always most welcome.

Here is the last update from the devs behind Drifter, as of just a couple of weeks ago on twitter: "As soon as we hit 1.0 we're finishing the port and putting it on Vita and PS4. Trying to get there ASAP" Looking good :)

The P4DAN Vita looks *awesome*, one of the better ones IMO - congrats to you :)

Wow, awesome job Fady. And that's an amazing list of games! o_O
If only I had more time (and money ha) …sigh :/

First of all, thank you very very much for the kind words FTF :) It's a pleasure! Stay tuned for another update today hopefully.

As for the money, worry not - the Playstation Store tends to have insane sales from time to time, from weekly sales to flash sales, and you can pick up plenty of great games for an insanely low price. I'll try to update you guys on sales as well!

Everytime I fall in love with my Vita, it's like doing it all over again for the first time <3

The last time I saw you here you were banned, good to have you back here friend ^_^

Hmm, the battery on my 1000 is going, I might jump on a 2000 if there is a good sale.

As to the Rocket League comment, while I would love that on the go, I just dont ever see it coming to the Vita. If games like Galak-z, Nom Nom Galaxy and other indie titles ran into resource constraints on the Vita, I cant see a game like Rocket League coming over.

Thank you very much for the compliments sturgboski! It's an honor :)! I hope to have another update ready for today! As for the games you mentioned - I have a great feeling about Tokyo Xanadu being picked up by Xseed, Night Watch better be localized by NIS America, and I wouldn't bet against Maker Trillion either ;D The Vita has become an incredible system for RPGs - something I would have never imagined when the Vita was seemingly in decline a few years ago and the 3DS was stomping on it with support of Japanese devs before.

There's also Ys VIII which has a good chance of releasing in 2016 for the west.

It was officially announced either E3 or Gamescom 2014. It'll be coming, just all the episodes at once I would imagine, like most of Telltale's other Vita games.

I love making stuff like this. I think NISA will pick up KanColle Kai, and also Stranger of Sword City for 2016. And I definitely think Atlus will pick up Utawarerumono seeing as they're pretty close with Aquaplus these days.

There's also Ys 8 for XSEED.

The ones I'm not sure about from your list - Criminal Girls 2 (I'm not convinced the first one sold well enough); Mystery Chronicle (it's already available in the west, kind of, so I don't know if they'll bother) and Death under the Labyrinth (IFI have a lot of work to get through these days!)

18-Volt

There's also Ys VIII which has a good chance of releasing in 2016 for the west.

We haven't heard from that one for almost a year now. Is it still coming? Are we sure that it is really Ys 8 and not a spinoff?

I don't see Stranger of Sword City in any of your lists :(

NISA have already tons of stuff of their own, I suspect they won't have enough time for anything else. Also if they were to bring another Experience title here, that would be Operation Babel.

XSEED needs to do it
It's Marvelous and when they can do something like Lord of Magna I think there's a good chance they'll bring this over as well

In 2016, XSEED will have too many Vita titles to localize but none for the other platforms. Wonder if they're really gonna go all in for Vita next year.

BTA

I've not watched Walking Dead either, I'm behind on my TV!
From what I understand Walking Dead uses new characters and the game story takes place in the same universe as the comic/TV show.
I think GoT features main characters from the series in some capacity, but again focuses on new characters made for the game?

Not sure, maybe someone familiar with both the game and show could shed some light on that....

I've only played the first episode of GoT still, but that episode pretty much starts off with the events of episode 9 of season 3 in the show. You will be incredibly spoiled for some big stuff in the show if you play the game first, basically.

I've only played the first episode of GoT still, but that episode pretty much starts off with the events of episode 9 of season 3 in the show. You will be incredibly spoiled for some big stuff in the show if you play the game first, basically.

Thanks, so I'll steer clear of the game till I've gotten a chance to watch the show.

dolabla

Not sure where to ask this, but are there any Italian Vita owners in this thread? Or any Vita owners who might know some info regarding this?

I want to import Epic Mickey 2 and Ratchet and Clank Trilogy on Vita from Italy, but Amazon.it says that these two games are in Italian only. The Playstation Italy Store has both Vita games listed as having Italian dub/subtitles, along with English dub/subtitles, and a list of other different languages as well.

Do any of you guys in this thread perhaps own the physical Italian copy of one or both of these games and know anything about if these games contain English dub/subtitles or not?

daevv

I see Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer is still in the OP. Has there been any news on this one since the initial announcement a year ago?

Something for everyone today

Attack on Titan by Koei Tecmo / Omega Force

And omega Labyrinth from D3

http://gematsu.com/2015/08/oppai-roguelike-rpg-omega-labyrinth-announced-ps-vita

D3 Publisher has announced Omega Labyrinth, a new roguelike RPG for PS Vita, via a teaser website. It will launch on November 19 for 6,800 yen via retail and 6,000 yen via download.

“Embark on a chest-expanding adventure,” the teaser website reads. A new roguelike RPG of wondrous chest sizes begins.”
original.jpg

Omega-Labyrinth-Ann-PSV.jpg

2016 in the west for Vita is shaping up pretty nicely.

World of Final Fantasy; Digimon Cyber Sleuth; Attack on Titan; Odin Sphere; Sen no Kiseki 2 & Zero Escape 3. And that's not counting any indies I'm after like Drifter & Drift Stage.

Already a decent lineup imo and we've not even had NISA announcements yet (I'm expecting good things). And then there's a load of "almost certain to announced for next year" stuff (Atelier Escha; Samurai Warriors; Tokyo Xanadu; Luminous Arc; Neptunia Zombie Army; Yomawari etc.)

Can't wait!

Mozendo

I'm trying to map the shoulder buttons to R stick but can't seem to get it to work. I did it once but I'm having a hard time doing it again.
Custom layout, then you should see right stick up, right stick down, etc
Go to which right stick orientation you want to map the shoulder buttons to, when you press it you will be asked which button you want to assign the right stick orientation with.

Turnstyle

I totally missed this last week, but Nicalis have finally broken silence on VVVVVV for Vita, and said they're 'preparing a simultaneous launch with SCEE and SCEA'.

https://twitter.com/nicalis/status/623713746968391680

About time we got some news on this, it was announced almost two years ago, and back then they said the development was 'really far along'. The iOS version got released over a year ago.

The wording of the tweet makes me wonder if it's penciled as a PS Plus game - why else would they want a simultaneous release?

I've given up on wondering when 1001 Spikes is coming to Europe.

Top Bottom