• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (OVER ~350 games with screens inside!) || 2015 Edition ||

Redhood

Just saw on play-asia the asian region. Voices in English and Japanese and sibtitles in Chinese. Does that mean we can play it full English??

Text and menus will all be Chinese I guess? Guess will have to wait for our friends across the sea to buy and try it.

Infernal, you're on a roll mate. Love your posts!! So much to add :D!!

Haha, thanks man. Honestly, this thread and the little tight-knit community behind it is pretty much the only reason I stick around GAF anymore. I enjoy contributing whatever I can here~

There's a very detailed blog post about that over on Gamasutra.

This was a great read, thanks!

Looks like BigBen Interactive haven't given up on Vita yet. Wonder if we'll get anything else out of them other than WRC and Ruby games.

Shame Milestone & Pqube seemed to yank all of their racing game support.

BigBen also have Handball 16 and apparently Zombie Pinball due out on Vita this year. Nothing major, but it's still interesting to see them backing the Vita more than ever lately.

Cotrip

First screenshot of Rainbow Skies on Vita. Game will run at 60 fps.

rain_thumb.jpg

haxamin

Guys, I just (irresponsibly) brought a Vita for £95 on ebay. Was it worth it?
It comes with U:GA, NFS, SS, LBP,Dungeon Hunter, and AC-Liberation.

Shizuka

First screenshot of Rainbow Skies on Vita. Game will run at 60 fps.

rain_thumb.jpg

Another game I'll buy and go straight to the backlog.

Was it new? Those games are enough to keep you busy for a month or two, I think it was a good deal.

marcincz

Looks like great deal.
I still need my copy of U:GA. Maybe this month I'll grab it.
If you like Visual Novel, you should necessary take Steins;Gate and Danganronpa.

Redhood

No DQ XI - at least we're getting builders and Heroes 2

When 3ds and PS4 was announced I was like great they can port the game to ps4 but not on Vita! But when I saw that they were two separate games I made peace with it. I am more interested in this NX thingy. If it can run the ps4 version that means it might pack some serious power. Hope nintendo doesn't fuck up the screen.

Moobabe

When 3ds and PS4 was announced I was like great they can port the game to ps4 but not on Vita! But when I saw that they were two separate games I made peace with it. I am more interested in this NX thingy. If it can run the ps4 version that means it might pack some serious power. Hope nintendo doesn't fuck up the screen.

Is UE4 on Vita yet?

redcrayon

Just started playing The Swindle, it's really good.

Feels like a mix of Spelunky and Rogue Legacy with a steampunk vibe. I love the pacing of each heist, you can take your time as you case each location, but one mistake and it becomes really frantic. Upgrade tree is nice, there's always something worth working towards. Gets quite tough, quite quick, too.

Moobabe

Feels like a mix of Spelunky and Rogue Legacy with a steampunk vibe. I love the pacing of each heist, you can take your time as you case each location, but one mistake and it becomes really frantic. Upgrade tree is nice, there's always something worth working towards. Gets quite tough, quite quick, too.

How much is it?

on PSVita?

I guess so - it's on today's upcoming games post on the EU blog.

@Wreck

on PSVita?

redcrayon

on PSVita?
Yeah.

I know there's some discrepancy in the frame rate (I don't have a PS3/4 so can't check), but the animation on The Swindle's characters is like papercraft puppets with pins at the joints, so it doesn't look that bad. I'm no expert, but It's most noticable to me when descending from a jump that there are a few frames being missed. Thing is, it's a slow-paced game anyway (although you can upgrade your movement speed etc), there's a lot of planning your next move, it's not like Mario, Rayman or Shovel Knight where you are almost constantly moving, or Borderlands where you have whole minutes of frantic combat, so it really hasn't affected my enjoyment. When you mess up and it does get frantic, it's only for a few seconds- you're either about to die or running straight for the exit anyway :D

All I know is that I'm really enjoying it, I love the more cerebral take on a platformer. But seeing as it's crossbuy, if you have any other PS systems it's defo worth trying it on them all to see the difference.

I've noticed a couple of bugs too-once I've fallen from the edge of a platform onto spikes without pushing the d-pad (unless the idea is you can't stand on the very edge like mega man/Mario etc), and once I've managed to jump up through a thick ceiling (it wasn't a secret passage). At the start of the game where you haven't upgraded your jump, it's also possible to get stuck, and you have to use the 'terminate operative' command to escape. It would have been cool to have a very, very slow grappling hook/rope from the start that is obviously worse than upgrading the jump, as otherwise it seems very silly to be able to get trapped in someone's house because their dining room is at the bottom of a thirty-metre pit! Later on it's much less of an issue, after a couple of hours virtually all my deaths are coming from getting greedy and failing to learn when to say 'that room isn't worth it'- once I leapt into a dead-end room and killed everything, risking my haul and my life, only to then realise there was no money or computer in it! When you have the upgrade where you are paid for each kill, being aggressive helps, but otherwise I'm casing each joint looking for the easiest routes to it's computers (which you should prioritise) and easy isolated kills first, and not taking on more than I can handle.

I love the way you are reminded how many days you have left at the start of every mission, and it looks like there is an upgrade to extend the deadline if you are running up against it in the late game.

Fady K

After seeing this awesome awesome thread (thank you!) and reading about Danganronpa, I got myself a used vita.

It will arrive on monday. I'm hyped.
Got the OLED version, hope that was no mistake? :|

Congrats on getting the Vita deoee :) You're in for a special ride!! Mega update coming in, stay tuned and have fun :)

Haha, thanks man. Honestly, this thread and the little tight-knit community behind it is pretty much the only reason I stick around GAF anymore. I enjoy contributing whatever I can here~

This was a great read, thanks!

BigBen also have Handball 16 and apparently Zombie Pinball due out on Vita this year. Nothing major, but it's still interesting to see them backing the Vita more than ever lately.

Wow, hearing that from you is a big honor! Thank you so much and I pray you always enjoy your time around this thread!! I've been itching to update this thread - I have a huge word document full of updates that is almost ready!! Hope you will enjoy it friend ;)!! Your contributions are so plentiful and awesome, thank you for taking the time to add to this thread!! And yeah, big ben is stepping up their support nowadays ^^

Hey, looks like that Tri-ace/Spike Chunsoft 2D JRPG is for Vita and PS4

Exist Archive: The Other Side of the Sky

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1085542&page=1

Wow - this one is BIIIIIIIIIIG. Adding it up thank you very much red. The staff behind this are incredible.

No DQ XI - at least we're getting builders and Heroes 2

Man, the Vita would be a GREAT fit for this game (despite not having the second screen for retro graphics). I guess it's better than nothing that we can use remote play.

Curve continues to bring the goods to the Vita.

Hey, some tips to update this:
Galak-Z was cancelled
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth is coming west
Slain needs to be added ( http://www.wolfbrewgames.com/slain/ )

News re: galak-z very unfortunate. Thanks mark. I was meaning to add the other 2 (digi + slain) from ages ago, i'll stop procrastinating and work an update for today. Thanks!

Fady K

I miss updating this thread for you guys, let's go :D! This is the first of MANY. Enjoy, feedback is more than welcome :)

NEW ATTRACTIONS

The Swindle (Pub - Curve Digital, Dev - Size Five Games, 2D RPG/Roguelike platformer)
Launch Trailer
1xJ5e16.jpg

Lost Dimension (Pub - Atlus, Dev - Lancarse, Tactical RPG)
Launch Trailer
A76Zf5bl.jpg

Velocibox (Pub - Loot Interactive, Dev - Shawn Beck, Endless Runner)
Trailer
rNDp1u4l.jpg

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend (Pub/Dev - Arc System Works, 2D Fighter)
Trailer
8QNyBzb.jpg

Hatoful Boyfriend (1 week ago)
ma9XrA0.jpg

Squares (1 week ago)
xWevH6Zl.jpg

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess (2 weeks ago)
YIFMAs8.jpg

Angus Hates Aliens (2 weeks ago)
d8mX6nn.png

NEW MEDIA

* Salt & Sanctuary - (2D Sidecrolling RPG from Ska Studios, gorgeous, due this year). New gameplay video
fuKy3k8.jpg

* Cosmic Star Heroine - (Sci-fi 16 bit RPG from Zeboyd Games) - gameplay demo - check it out. . Game should launch for $15 (US price) sometime this year.
ss-001.jpg

74f11fb3fc2ce90a51fde8b7522e0cd2_original.png

* Sword Art Online: Lost Song - JRPG from publisher Bandai Namco, here is the English trailer. Due out in English this fall.
h3fVNkO.jpg

* Land of No Night - Beautiful JRPG from Koei Tecmo and developer Gust with PLENTY of new media to share with you guys. The game is due out in Japan on September 17, 2015. Here is a trailer showcasing some of the game's universe. Here's another trailer detailing the game. Here's yet another trailer detailing the game's weapons, servants and transformations.
YnnK_06-19-15.jpg

013_thumb7.jpg

001_thumb6.jpg

013_thumb9.jpg

017_thumb5.jpg

Yoru-no-Nai-Kuni_06-28-15_007.jpg

Yoru-no-Nai-Kuni_06-28-15_001.jpg

0104.jpg

0125.jpg

Yoru-no-Nai-Kuni_07-12-15_Top.jpg

Yoru-no-Nai-Kuni_07-12-15_011.jpg

022_thumb5.jpg

* Tokyo Ghoul Jail - Bandai Namco's upcoming Vita visual novel based on the anime Tokyo Ghoul has a new trailer. The game also has a release date - Oct 1 in Japan.
Tokyo-Ghoul-Jail-JP-Date-Set.jpg

NEW GAME ANNOUNCEMENTS

* Regalia: Of Men & Monarchs (thanks redcrayon) - From Pixelated Milk, hand drawn SRPG, due in 2016, check out the gameplay teaser,, this game gives you two years of in-game time to restore your family's kingdom to it's former glory, note that this game is possible on the Vita thanks to a successful kickstarter - congrats to the backers for making this one a reality.
8Faw0lE.jpg

8614f50e42705152fdf5b3cf6b26e98e_original_thumb.jpg

Ronin (thanks labadal!) - turn-based action platformer from Hotline Miami publishers Devolver Digital, from developer Tomasz Wacławek, with a little bit of Kill Bill Volume 1 inspiration, a lot of stealth involved, game is due out in late 2015. Check out the trailer.
NQAa2dpl.jpg

* Crossing Souls - from publisher Devolver Digital, action adventure game with RPG elements from Fourattic. Announcement trailer here. Seems to have a bit of Earthbound in it,
crossing_souls_videogame_screenshot2.png

crossing_souls_videogame_screenshot1.png

crossing_souls_videogame_screenshot-4.jpg

crossing_souls_videogame_screenshot-6.jpg

* Night Watch (aka Yomawari) - thanks Giangaruga - Nippon Ichi's new upcoming Vita game is a horror title with a cute look (except for its monsters!), you are tasked with finding your missing sister and dog. Due Oct 29 in Japan. Here is the original teaser. The game looks stunning and here's hoping this gets localized!!!
20150702_032955.png

yomawari_1507025_r.jpg

gallery_imageboard_pop011.jpg

gallery_imageboard_pop02.jpg

021_thumb7.jpg

020_thumb7.jpg

003_thumb11.jpg

Cosmic Star Heroine looks nice.
Regalia reminds me of Banner Saga which is awesome.
Land of Night is the standout for me though, that game looks great, been interested in it since it was revealed, is it Vita only?

N° 2048

Crossing Souls and Night Watch look amazing.

Without this thread I wouldn't know of any of these games. Where do you get all your info?

Thanks so much!

maouvin

Still no word on The Banner Saga?

Myll_Erik on /r/PS4 said:
Howdy Folks!
As an update - we're still working on The Banner Saga for PS4 and Vita. No real ETA yet as we want to make sure it's a great experience and as bug free as possible.

Post link

This was almost a month ago. Also, I have no idea if that user is indeed from the dev team as I'm not familiar with them but it seems so from his psot history.

Suzzopher

Post link

This was almost a month ago. Also, I have no idea if that user is indeed from the dev team as I'm not familiar with them but it seems so from his psot history.

Cheers, wish they'd hurry up I have nearly pulled the trigger on Steam and Play store so many times but would rather have it on my Vita.

NDPsycho

Game confirmed for English Subtitles and Voices! Get your preorders in people.

Done. Now I just need the Mighty No. 9 pre-order to open up. I hope this isn't like Lost Song, where they announce a NA physical release after my import ships. I could have gotten that for $20 less by skipping the import.

Top Bottom