• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (OVER ~350 games with screens inside!) || 2015 Edition ||

And then if Vita gets a high profile AAA exclusive they will say, what a waste, it should have come out on console instead.
This is what I hate the most.

Vita getting exclusives is rare but then we have people who want its exclusives to be ported to their choice of platform (PS4) instead. I am getting tired of hearing people port beg about Freedom Wars, Soul Sacrifice and Killzone Mercenary for the PS4. Heck while Gravity Rush was not confirmed for any platform yet, people want it to end up exclusive for the PS4 even though there is no harm in it being a Vita exclusive or even a multiplat release with PS4.

Vita getting exclusives is rare but then we have people who want its exclusives to be ported to their choice of platform (PS4) instead. I am getting tired of hearing people port beg about Freedom Wars, Soul Sacrifice and Killzone Mercenary for the PS4. Heck while Gravity Rush was not confirmed for any platform yet, people want it to end up exclusive for the PS4 even though there is no harm in it being a Vita exclusive or even a multiplat release with PS4.

I personally, am in massive favor of them being on both. Moving forward, if I could play every Vita game on the PS4, or every PSN game on the Vita, I'd be happier than a pig in fecal matter.

Awesome thread, subbed. Haters might as well leave now. We've heard it all before. We don't care. We enjoy the machine. Spend your energy elsewhere.

I personally, am in massive favor of them being on both. Moving forward, if I could play every Vita game on the PS4, or every PSN game on the Vita, I'd be happier than a pig in fecal matter.
I don't mind a multiplat release for Gravity Rush either but they shouldn't ignore the original platform for the sequel.

Was surprised to see that this is coming to Vita, 360 and 3DS only next month, and is getting a vita retail release.

Huh, so tallying up the games I definitely want:

The Banner Saga
Bastion
Corpse Party: Blood Drive
Cosmic Star Heroine
htoL#Niq: The Firefly Diaries
Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines
Pier Solar and the Great Architects
Resident Evil Revelations 2
Steins;Gate
Timespinner
Tokyo Twilight Ghosthunters
Trails in the Sky: Second Chapter

Seems I'm pretty set. I have copies of Shantae and Hyper Light Drifter from the kickstarters. Additionally, I still haven't played Tearaway, Freedom Wars, or Killzone. And I have a pretty good backlog to get through.

What's make me laugh is when some of them say they don't want it on Vita because it would held the game back even though they most likely haven't played the first one.

I made a huge mistake.

I started listing what I will definitely buy, and what I might buy... my issue is that my 64GB is already full. I would love a 128GB or 256GB option. :(

Road not Taken is on the list, wasn't that confirmed as not coming out due to development /engine issues?

The Firefly Diary
Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy
Day of the Tentacle Special Edition
Shovel Knight
Super Time Force Ultra
Darkest Dungeon
Severed
Octodad
Bastion
Towerfall
Hatoful Boyfriend
OlliOlli 2
Metal Slug 3
Nom Nom Galaxy
Merc Kings
Papers Please
Cosmic Star Heroine
Curse N Chaos
Oddworld
Oreshika
Pavillion
Risk of Rain
Skullgirls Encore
Starbound
Teslagrad
La Mulana
Axiom Verge
Broforce
Criminal Girls
Titan Souls
Hotline Miami 2
Galak-Z
Grim Fandango
High Tech Racing Plus
Nuclear Throne
Rain World
VVVVVV
Snapshot
Brandish
Trails in the Sky
The Chaos Engine

Might get, looks interesting:
Poncho
Soldner X2
Pier Solar
Toukiden Kimawi
Steamworld Heist
Gyossait
Salt & Sanctuary
Alone with You
Va-11 Hall-1
Hyper Light Drifter
The Legend of Raven
Shantae (shocked it doesn't have gorgeous pixels..)
Hand of Fate
Heart Forth, Alicia
TimeSpinner

If it gets localized:
Shiren the Wanderer (PLEASE XSEED OR AKSYS)
FF Agito
Deemo
Ys
EDF V2
Corpse Party Blood Drive
Chaos Rings Trilogy
Demon Gaze 2
PS Nova
Bullet Girls
Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax
Danganropa
Stranger of the Village of the Sword (pleaaaaase)
Dungeon Travellers 2
Shin Hayarigami
Gundam Breaker 2
Kagero

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
256GB option. :(

KINGMAX Introduced the 64GB microSD back in May 2011
SanDisk Introduced the 128GB microSDXC back in February 2014

Why do I bring microSD up? Because size wise it's the best comparison we have:
S2011121803120616.jpg

So who knows how long until we get a 256GB Memory Card although the technology is there if Sony wants to make a 128GB PS Vita Memory Card and just so you know microSDXC have a theoretical max size of 2TB so we are defiantly not at the limit of the technology yet.

AniHawk

my list:

firefly diary
steins;gate
danganronpa another episode
grim fandango
ys

should be a pretty good year as far as i'm concerned.

incpdo

Amazing thread as always fady put some magic here. Its really good to know so much support is getting us really good games. This is a good year for the Vita it would be great if i add a Gravity Rush 2 confirmation for it.

Novocaine

Jesus I thought I was only in for half a dozen or so games I was picking up this year. There are plenty more there that I will be getting but these are my 100% must buy games;

Steins;Gate
Banner Saga
Shovel Knight
Severed
Hatoful Boyfriend
Toukiden Kiwami
Aztez
htoL#NiQ
Hyper Light Drifter
Risk of Rain
Road not Taken (please come out!)
Tetris Ultimate (if it's not fucking broken)
La-Mulana
Axiom Verge
Persona 4 Dancing All Night
Titan Souls
Hotline Miami 2
Galak-Z
Nuclear Throne

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
In this topic, non-exclusive games are worth shit and are no fun.

Ok.

In PS4 topics, multiplatform games are worth everything.

Ah the double standards. This is the life of Vita and has been since day 1. Actually that's not true. On day 1 the exclusive games were apparantly worth shit too. Vita is and always has been held to a different standard. An impossible standard. More than one standard. Every time it seems like Vita meets a standard, the standard changes. AAA exclusives are worth shit. AAA multiplats are worth shit. Indie exclusives are worth shit. Indie multiplats are worth shit. I don't even know where the goalposts are anymore. They've been moved around way too much.

In PS4 topics, multiplatform games are worth everything.

Ah the double standards. This is the life of Vita and has been since day 1. Actually that's not true. On day 1 the exclusive games were apparantly worth shit too. Vita is and always has been held to a different standard. An impossible standard. More than one standard. Every time it seems like Vita meets a standard, the standard changes. AAA exclusives are worth shit. AAA multiplats are worth shit. Indie exclusives are worth shit. Indie multiplats are worth shit. I don't even know where the goalposts are anymore. They've been moved around way too much.

They wanted a Nintendo handheld out of the Vita: New installments for popular AAA first-party franchises redeeming the weak third party games.

But that is the 3DS, not the Vita.

Maybe that's why nobody gave two shits about the multiplat games it's getting.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
They wanted a Nintendo handheld out of the Vita: New installments for popular AAA first-party franchises redeeming the weak third party games.

But that is the 3DS, not the Vita.

Maybe that's why nobody gave two shits about the multiplat games it's getting.

Vita had new installments in popular AAA first party franchises on day 1.

Takao

Banned
I don't know about you guys, but I wanted a PSP successor, not PS3: Portable. There are brief flashes every now and then, but unless you love western indie games, Vita is hardly the platform PSP was.

Oxn

I don't know about you guys, but I wanted a PSP successor, not PS3: Portable. There are brief flashes every now and then, but unless you love western indie games, Vita is hardly the platform PSP was.

PSP is my favorite handheld.

Producer

sucks thats there's only 5 or so games that i want that are confirmed for localization.

absolutely, feel the same way. i really don't care for like 95% of indie games and i already have a ps3 so a ton of vita's library is already available there.

krYlon

That's all I wanted from the Vita, for it to be a worthy successor to the PSP :(

There are signs things are picking up, but it's a long way behind. Nowhere near as many unique Japanese games, and too much reliance on ports.

Good thread though.

I suppose this could be easy to track down, but the store on Vita is pretty crappy. Is there a way to see every PSP game on the NA PSN that works on Vita? Searching "psp" is just not working out really well.

Is there also really no "psone classics" and "psp" section on the Vita store?

Takao

Banned
I suppose this could be easy to track down, but the store on Vita is pretty crappy. Is there a way to see every PSP game on the NA PSN that works on Vita? Searching "psp" is just not working out really well.

Is there also really no "psone classics" and "psp" section on the Vita store?

SCEA made the decision to group all legacy content on the Vita store in a single folder. Head to the "All" tab to the far right on the Vita store. Scroll down until you see "Classics for PS Vita/PS3/PSP/minis A-Z." For some reason it's branded with a Minis folder icon ...

There are PSP and PSone games that work on Vita through PS3 transfer that aren't listed on the store: https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/281768-complete-list-of-pspminispsone-games-playable-on-vita/

Muzicfreq

Banned
And then if Vita gets a high profile AAA exclusive they will say, what a waste, it should have come out on console instead.

Sadly that's what happens. Sure it kinda makes sense but also at the same time other devices and consoles have exclusives. IOS has games Android doesn't, Android has some IOS doesn't, Vita has some 3ds doesn't ect. So really why should it change?
I honestly think that if there's games that look great on a platform and you REALLY want to play it then you should buy said platform if you can.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Getting:
- Shovel Knight
- Hatoful Boyfriend
- Steins;Gate
- Grim Fandango HD
- Day of the Tentacle SE
- Broken Age
- Hotline Miami 2

If localized:
- Corpse Party: Blood Drive
- DanganRonpa: Another Episode

Maybe:
- Axiom Verge

Puru

I agree, at the same time it got (or is getting) a few games i wanted from PSP (GE or the incoming Dungeon Travelers for example) but it feels like the shadow of it's older sister.
I really don't mind the PS3 ports (or older) and indies though but i wish there was more meat overall.

Not regretting my purchase at all but it just feels a bit sad when coming from the PSP/DS era. Oh well, i just hope smartphones will get a bit better and Nintendo gets rid of region lock.

Quite a lot of shovelware and trash it seems.

Despite that, there's still a ton of great games to be found. Unfortunately, some of the big hitters aren't localised. Digimon seems like a no brainer for localisation, but I suppose it's non-existent in the West.

Maedhros

You see, so far I have only bought Diablo 3 for my PS4, and maybe DriveClub, but I don't go to the PS4 games thread to post shit like if only it has games I want to play. Why is it that mocking indie games on PS4 is frown upon but not the Vita?

It's time for you to stop posting or else you'll get banned.

ss-hikaru

Steins;Gate, Firefly Diary and Persona Dancing All Night were ones I knew I wanted to get.

Forgot about OreShika, not sure if I'll like that. Hoping for localisation of Dangaronpa: Another Episode. Project Light looks good! Wouldn't have known about this one if not for this thread XD

Will World End Economica be on proper Vita and not PSM or whatever?

I never caught onto the PSP. I owned one that I got for free (maybe that was my problem - no investment). But I love indies and retro stuff and, importantly, I'm not a PC gamer. So I love it. This thread leaves me no doubt I'm going to have to snag a 64gb card -- and maybe even keep my 32gb, too.

Maid

Banned
It's time for you to stop posting or else you'll get banned.

Erm....seriously, what did I say that was wrong? I hate it when people trashing indie games on the PS4 to fuel the console war between the Xbox One and the PS4, but a lot of people defending the indie games on PS4, though, so I don't see what's wrong with express my frustrating when people bash indie games on the Vita.

What made the PSP a success in the west anyway?

I would say you are right on the money.

I made a huge mistake.

I started listing what I will definitely buy, and what I might buy... my issue is that my 64GB is already full. I would love a 128GB or 256GB option. :(

Road not Taken is on the list, wasn't that confirmed as not coming out due to development /engine issues?

The Firefly Diary
Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy
Day of the Tentacle Special Edition
Shovel Knight
Super Time Force Ultra
Darkest Dungeon
Severed
Octodad
Bastion
Towerfall
Hatoful Boyfriend
OlliOlli 2
Metal Slug 3
Nom Nom Galaxy
Merc Kings
Papers Please
Cosmic Star Heroine
Curse N Chaos
Oddworld
Oreshika
Pavillion
Risk of Rain
Skullgirls Encore
Starbound
Teslagrad
La Mulana
Axiom Verge
Broforce
Criminal Girls
Titan Souls
Hotline Miami 2
Galak-Z
Grim Fandango
High Tech Racing Plus
Nuclear Throne
Rain World
VVVVVV
Snapshot
Brandish
Trails in the Sky
The Chaos Engine

Might get, looks interesting:
Poncho
Soldner X2
Pier Solar
Toukiden Kimawi
Steamworld Heist
Gyossait
Salt & Sanctuary
Alone with You
Va-11 Hall-1
Hyper Light Drifter
The Legend of Raven
Shantae (shocked it doesn't have gorgeous pixels..)
Hand of Fate
Heart Forth, Alicia
TimeSpinner

If it gets localized:
Shiren the Wanderer (PLEASE XSEED OR AKSYS)
FF Agito
Deemo
Ys
EDF V2
Corpse Party Blood Drive
Chaos Rings Trilogy
Demon Gaze 2
PS Nova
Bullet Girls
Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax
Danganropa
Stranger of the Village of the Sword (pleaaaaase)
Dungeon Travellers 2
Shin Hayarigami
Gundam Breaker 2
Kagero

I think you forgot to put world end eclipse, zodiac, lieg and project phoenix on your list ;)

krYlon

I never caught onto the PSP. I owned one that I got for free (maybe that was my problem - no investment). But I love indies and retro stuff and, importantly, I'm not a PC gamer. So I love it. This thread leaves me no doubt I'm going to have to snag a 64gb card -- and maybe even keep my 32gb, too.

You may have done this already, but if you like that sort of stuff, make sure you check out the PSP section of the store for stuff like Half Minute Hero, Cladun, Patchwork Heroes, Where is my Heart, Space Invaders Extreme etc

Shinriji

Comparing 8 years of psp with 3 years of vita, give it time.

Zephyx

I also wanted a PSP successor but I'll live with what's available. The market for dedicated handheld games is almost non-existent outside Japan that I consider ourselves lucky to even have pubs localizing Vita games at this point in time.

By the way, great work OP. I need to build my list for 2015!

Top Bottom