• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (OVER ~350 games with screens inside!) || 2015 Edition ||

Takao

Banned
What made the PSP a success in the west anyway?

It was a different world. Phones couldn't adequately play a game, nor were there proper ways to consume non-music media on the go. PSP also came off the ginormous success of the PS2 and it was thought to do to Nintendo handhelds as the PlayStation did to Nintendo home consoles. As such, developer and consumer optimism was high. That translated into strong early sales and probably the best non-indie western support a handheld has ever seen. That rubbed off onto the SCE western divisions who made sure PSP was a known platform, at least initially.

Vita launched in a post-smartphone world. You can watch a movie and adequately (to the non-NeoGAF crowd) play a game on pretty much every portable device with a touchscreen. Vita came off of the PSP, which SCE let die in the west, and a home console that eventually got it together, but took its time. Western publishers were more interested in selling phone games and focusing on fewer, higher profile console titles. The death of the B-game market, which once supplied PSP with plenty of content (be it exclusives, or PS2/Wii multis) left gigantic gaps in the retail software lineup. What little Vita got from western studios mirrored the success of what was found on PS3, with little attempt to build upon what went right with PSP.

Comparing 8 years of psp with 3 years of vita, give it time.

You and I both know Vita isn't getting to 8 years.

It was a different world. Phones couldn't adequately play a game, nor were there proper ways to consume non-music media on the go. PSP also came off the ginormous success of the PS2 and it was thought to do to Nintendo handhelds as the PlayStation did to Nintendo home consoles. As such, developer and consumer optimism was high. That translated into strong early sales and probably the best non-indie western support a handheld has ever seen. That rubbed off onto the SCE western divisions who made sure PSP was a known platform, at least initially.

Vita launched in a post-smartphone world. You can watch a movie and adequately (to the non-NeoGAF crowd) play a game on pretty much every portable device with a touchscreen. Vita came off of the PSP, which SCE let die in the west, and a home console that eventually got it together, but took its time. Western publishers were more interested in selling phone games and focusing on fewer, higher profile console titles. The death of the B-game market, which once supplied PSP with plenty of content (be it exclusives, or PS2/Wii multis) left gigantic gaps in the retail software lineup. What little Vita got from western studios mirrored the success of what was found on PS3, with little attempt to build upon what went right with PSP.

You and I both know Vita isn't getting to 8 years.

If Sony isnt making a replacement, is entirely possible that vita lives on as a PS4 accesory, so vita is going to live atleast until the PS4 replacement comes out, so 8 years is not that far-fetched

You may have done this already, but if you like that sort of stuff, make sure you check out the PSP section of the store for stuff like Half Minute Hero, Cladun, Patchwork Heroes, Where is my Heart, Space Invaders Extreme etc
Hey, thanks! I have definitely done some research into PSP games (and flagged several threads with recommendations) but I haven't actually pulled the trigger on many. Some of the others on my list are the Prinny games, Patapons, Crush and others.

Omerta

Yiz can all take your 'vita has no exclusives/games/things I personally want' negativity the fuck out of this thread...

You have literally every other thread on neogaf for that.

This is a love in.

Thanks Fady!

Fady K

Damn awesome work op.

I need ms3 already @.@

Thank you so much Tizoc :)! Enjoy bro!

Great job. I'm going to have to figure out my memory card situation here. I have two 32gb cards full, a 16gb card full, and a 8gb full. Considering buying two 64 gig cards and keeping a 32gb card and then giving or selling the other cards to someone. Ugh.

I heard La Mulana comes out this month, pretty excited. I hope the US gets the SaGa game. I really wish SaGa frontier would get out on psn with vita compatible.

Anyways, despite lots of people hating on the vita, this should be a solid year, so many acclaimed indies coming and a good amount of Kickstarters.

Many thanks Beatofficer. Wow, that is a lot of memory cards haha. 64GB should set you straight in that case.

Yes, La Mulana should hit this month actually, along with Grim Fandango. SaGa may be a possibility, and if it does hit, maybe the SaGa Frontier games will hit the PSN as well. That would be logical.
If only Square-Enix were logical
:p

Is La-Mulana still releasing this month? Haven't heard anything for a while now.

Expected at the end of the month I believe :D I'll keep you guys posted.

Hopefully we'll get Danganronpa AE in the west.

NIS America are kind to Vita users. Here's hoping.

Best thread of 2015 so far.

Awesome! Really glad you're loving it boingball :)

Every year is the year of the Vita.

So many cool games. I love the variety on offer here.

Variety is a good word for the Vita's library these days :D!

Two corrections

Dengeki bunko climax and Bullet girls are both already released on vita.

You're right Paulink, though for Japanese releases I put them together until we get some localization news. If it was demanded, I'd consider separating recently released vs. unreleased Japanese Vita games.

Woah, Gyossait?? Didn't know that was coming to any console. Awesome little pixel horror platformer.

Yes it is indeed coming to the Vita :D

Any game that supports cross buy makes the playstation a no brainer. I buy all the new indies on the PS4 / VITA instead of the pc for that exact reason.

Is there an actual reason so many indie games get Vita releases? I mean with such small teams I can't imagine them having budget or time to target the platform. So how is it possible lol

One reason I recall hearing about from many devs is that Vita gamers tend to buy many gamers and are quite dedicated to the handheld ^^

Fantastic work again, thanks Fady!

Thank you so much daydreaming! Stay tuned for more updates soon :D

I just checked my pc folder where I backup my Vita games and there's 105 folder in there. holy shit, never realize I had that many Vita games.

edit: and this is not counting psp, psmobile and ps1 classic titles.

Heh, when I included my digital vita games I was shocked by how many I had as well. PS+ helps too!! <3

you know what sad tho. I have the huge Vita backlog still. I have about 14 games from last year when this list came out to go though still.. Gotta knock em out eventually.

Oh man, my list is even bigger to be honest :'( It is a good and bad thing. Bad because of wanting to finish more and time is limited, good because we get to pick the best of the best week in week out :D

Generations, Unleashed and Colors did a great job in 'fixing' the Sonic series :D; great high-speed gameplay mixed with really fun platforming and some of the best visuals from the PS3/360/Wii generation :). While many state Lost World isn't as great as that trio of games, it still looks like a good game, so it is great to see Sonic Team finally get a great grove going with the franchise. Can't wait to see what their cooking up for the PS4 and X1; going to look amazing XD!

The reason I'm looking forward to the Lucas-Arts adventure games for my Vita....is due to never playing them before; heard great things about them and have always wanted to try them out :). It will be great to see how they hold up and finally experience them for myself :).

Keep up the amazing work with this thread man and I look forward to seeing what more games you can add to it :D. You should be an advertiser for Sony for the Vita; you have done more to expose the Vita's great library of games then Sony has ever done man XD!

I LOVED Generations so much. So underrated IMO. I *tried* finishing Unleashed but it there was a level I got to far into the game that frustrated me for days that I gave up. It was the only Sonic game I couldn't finish. I picked up Colors and Lost World and plan to play both eventually. I also finished Sonic CD for the first time recently and I enjoyed it, as well as even the 2nd episode of Sonic the Hedgehog 4, which I didn't find to be as bad as people said it was. I'm disappointed with the direction SEGA took with Sonic Boom though. Hope the next Sonic game is similar to generations <3

Oh sweet! I missed out on these adventure games as well that we have heard so much about! Will be amazing to experience them for the very first time :D!!

Thank you so much RK, you're so kind bro :D There's more to come today if I get the chance to post some updates :D I'd happily advertise for these games because I naturally love them ^^

I had to stop loading the first page. That's a shitload of games.

More than I ever imagined it would be when I created the first thread :D

So much scrolling has never made me happier.

Reading such a comment gives me joy <3

Love this thread. Fuck you haters!

This month?! Oh my god!

So glad you're loving it Ingueferroque :D And yes, La Mulana should hit this month!

And hasn't it been dead for like 2.5 years? Crushed beneath the mighty 3ds and the iOS juggernaut?

great thread, cheers and thanks for all the great screens

You are most welcome Untalkative_Bunny, stay tuned for more ;D

Lots of awesome games coming. I disagree with some of your recommendations, and there are some released games in there (Gundam Breaker 2, for instance), but good job, man.

Thanks NormalFish :) The released games are mostly from the Japan-only games thus far until we hear of an English localization for most of them hopefully ;D

So many amazing games to play on my new Vita! There are a few I was already looking forward to, but quite a few new ones caught my eye as well.

Zodiac's art style is gorgeous! I also didn't know Higurashi was coming to Vita. Is it being localized? If I can get that and Steins;Gate on my Vita, I'll be soooo happy!

Thanks for the list, OP! I'll definitely be coming back to research more of these games.

Glad you learned about new games in this thread :) Zodiac looks gorgeous indeed! So far Higurashi did not hit Japan yet so we have no further info but i'll keep you guys updated.

Can't believe we're getting Steins;Gate on the Vita ^^ Enjoy the thread bro and there's more to come. Stay tuned for an update later on today.

Too bad a lot of games I want aren't localized yet. :(

You know...like God Eater 2? Please...for the love that is Vita, localize God Eater 2. Somebody!? XSeed? NIS? Anyone!? :(

Since this is hitting PS4 I have faith Bandai Namco may go for it ;D

Really wish that FW announcement had been an expansion. As it stands, I probably won't buy a single retail game unless Ys hits this year :/.

Luckily indies are bringing it. Totally slipped my mind that Hand of Fate was coming to Vita. And y'all need to do yourselves a favor and check out Liege gameplay. I've backed 20+ games on KS, and I firmly believe Liege will be the best of the lot. Get hype.

Edit: also, great work OP.

Liege looks really cool!

Thanks a lot for the kind words ryseing :)

Fady K, thank you so much for making this thread and last year's thread. It was definitely influential in my decision to pick up a vita. I've had one for a few months now and it is quickly becoming one of my favorite consoles I have ever owned. I will always have a soft spot for Nintendo handhelds because of Pokemon, I think that the vita is the best handheld to actually play. I especially love the suspend / resume feature, it makes gaming in small bursts so much easier. So far I have only completed Tearaway, but that game was really cute, cool and original. I would love to play more games like that! I'm currently playing through Danganronpa:Trigger Happy Havoc and Final Fantasy X. I enjoy playing them in bed at night with headphones because it just feels amazing.

This year I'm really looking forward to playing through Grim Fandango: Remastered and Steins;Gate. I'm a little cautious of playing point and click adventure games on the vita. I like how you control the pointer with the analog sticks in Danganronpa, but I don't really like the idea of using the touch screen to control the pointer. For that reason, I'll probably stick to playing Broken Age: Part II and Day of the Tentacle: Special Edition on PC, so I can control with a mouse.

The other games I am looking forward to are Alone With You, Exogenesis: Perils of Rebirth, One Way Trip and Y2K. I hope most of them get released this year.

You are *most* welcome thelongestj :D!! Really glad you're liking it and even better, that you are enjoying your Vita more now! It is one of my favorite consoles too ^^ Definitely my favorite handheld these days. The incredible thing about the suspend/resume feature is how little of the battery it uses. How was Tearaway? One of the best looking Vita games IMO. You are playing one of the most praised Vita games in GAF's history, Danganronpa looks incredible. Picked up both games and looking forward to tackling them sometime this year. BTW I enjoy playing on the Vita in bed at night as well lol! So. good.

Grim Fandango is easily one of my most wanted games on any system. I'm also very happy we're getting Steins;Gate. I wonder if Grim, Broken Age, Day of the Tentacle will let us control the pointer using the analog stick. What is exogenesis btw? Have not heard of it yet, is it confirmed for the Vita?

Alone With You sounds so unique, the genre alone is captivating - "sci-fi romantic thriller".

Thanks for the awesome work OP, found out about many releases I didn't know about. Wanted to buy Skullgirls anyway because of their arcade stick driver but it being on Vita too makes it much better.

There is a little mistake though. You put a wrong picture under "Get off my Lawn!". It isn't a Plants vs. Zombies game.
Also, there is supposedly a Star Ocean 2 (remake or whatever) for Vita: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=942751

You are most welcome nampad :D! Glad it lead you to finding out about more games! Skullgirls will look glorious on the Vita I bet.

That mistake was pointed out to me, I should have fixed it by now. My bad. Thanks for the feedback btw :D

What's this about Star Ocean 2 :0? I'll give it a look, thank u nampad :)

• Steins;Gate
  • Hatoful Boyfriend
  • Resident Evil Revelations 2
  • Steins;Gate
  • Shovel Knight
  • VA-11 HALL-A
  • Steins;Gate

WvQqfLh.gif

Fitting gif :D

All I want is more VNs, I need them!

Also, you ALL better check out Brandish next week!

The more VNs the better :D

Oh, I need to add Brandish to the coming soon list ^^

Damm thread reminded me Hell divers. Where the hell is it...

It was playable at the PSX event recently, it is sounding quite promising in the previews too ;D

I'll give this a proper read over tomorrow, but just wanted to say bless you, Fady. Bless you.

Just in time for my latest update later on hopefully ;D Bless you too Triggerhappytel, hope you have a great time!

Dat list..*drools*. Really hope Danganronpa:AE gets localized. Still waiting for Assault Android Cactus and Collectems release dates. Great work Fady K.

Thank you for the kind words Cha :) Btw worry not about release dates because much of the time Vita games get sudden release dates. For example this week's releases, Joe Danger: the Movie and Brandish, both got their release dates a few days ago ^^

Fantastic.

Really looking forward to Nom Nom Galaxy.

Thanks a lot Falaut :D

great thread one again. can't wait already 10+ games which will be must buy.

Thank you so much biglittleps :D!

The variety is just amazing...

Agreed! Some of the best variety I have seen on any system. What the Vita needs more of are first person games, be it shooters or adventure games, more adventure games (more are coming than ever but still ;D) and more Sony first party games (one can dream :p).

Thanks for all the effort, excellent thread.

Vita's got game, baby!

You are most welcome Occam :D Thank u for the kind words!!

Fady K

Be still my heart.

Thank you for doing this.

You are most welcome Kevin McCallister ;D Enjoy the thread bro!

Wowzers. That is amazing. I'm an old Vita fan who recently got heavily into 3DS.

I love both of these handhelds, but am surprised Vita is getting so many more games than 3ds. Or so it seems from that list. I thought 3ds sold more systems than Vita.

But anyway, go Vita!

Awesome indeed ^^ The Vita has way, way, way more games coming out for it than the 3DS these days; what the 3DS does have is a good number of first party games. That is the major thing that the Vita lacks IMO.

Woah awesome work Fady! Love the thread.

Getting these games this year apart from new localizations that may be announced.

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines
Resident Evil: Revelations 2
Abe's Oddworld: New n'
Persona 4: Dancing all night
Hell divers
deception IV+; localization announcement
Bastion
Grim Fandango
Banner Saga
Steins Gate
Tokyo Ghostlight
OP:pW3

Thank you so much barrymatharoo, really glad you're liking it :D!!

Good list! I hope Deception IV+ gets localized, love that series!

Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax looks interesting. Is there a chance of it being localized?

Due to the licenses, I'm not sure...but then again Bandai Namco games is bringing J Stars Victory + ;D

Wow. So many games. It should be great year for every Vita owners.

Agreed Garrus ^^

Man looking at this really makes me want to grab a Vita right now. I used to have the original model but it was stolen along with my 32gb memory card and Tearaway. ;(

Right now I'm waiting on a solid deal on the new model though, just enough so I can justify importing a 64gb card with it - I'm planning on going like 90% digital with the vita.

You won't regret it Hyperfludd, much to play and much to look forward to! Let us know if you ever need recommendations :D

Quite ashamed to say I haven't heard of most of them... but a lot of them will definitely be mine.

Let us know if u ever want to know more about any of them ;D

Great work Fady K. Much appreciated.

Thank you so much fog, hope you enjoy today's update ^^

The best topic on gaf just got better.

Shinriji <3 <3

Awsome , my vita will get some love this year.

Yessss, much to look forward to ^^

Over 350 visual novels and two-bit indie games more like lolz, enjoy your dead handheld system wieners!

Fady K continues to do the Lord's work

LOOOOL God bless you Acquiescence! You're awesome bro ^^ Enjoy the thread, there's plenty more to come in the coming days, including a very decent update today :D Hope you pass by soon ^^

Fady you're my hero. Two things - how crushed were you when we lost to Spurs? Also add me on PSN - moobabe.

As for the list, well, I thought I'd be safe with a 64gb card:

Broken Age (Maybe)
Shovel Knight
Banner Sage (Maybe)
Darkest Dungeon
STFU
Severed
Bastion (Depending if there's any additional content)
Wild Season (If it turns out to be a half decent Harvest Moon clone)
Moon Hunters (Maybe)
Zodiac (Maybe)
Steamworld Heist
The Sun & Moon (Because you should all support the developer because he's a genuis)
Salt & Sanctuary

That's not even half way through post one...

What a year it's going to be for this little machine

You too, love you my Chelsea bro <3 <3 As you expected, I was *crushed* when we lost to Spurs in *that* manner. Our defense was capable of far more than that. I must say it was hilarious seeing them draw to Burnely and then lose to Crystal Palace after defeating us. I had a feeling them defeating us had a lot more to do with our defense being drunk than them being great :p Was happy to pay Newcastle back and City to draw against Everton ^^ Love your list, great taste in football and gaming confirmed.

Adding you up on PSN tonight mate :D

Great work Fady! My favourite GAF thread now works great after a new year clean-up, with more room at the start for glorious games!

My list of stuff I'm interested in is approaching 40 games now, can't wait.

redcrayon, one of my favorites from the last thread :D So good to see you here bro.

If you had any feedback let me know. Liking the look of this more than the last thread so far! I too have nearly 40 games that I want on the Vita, it's crazy 0_0

What happened to that Poltergeist game? It was supposed to come out a couple months ago but never did andI don't see it in your list unless I missed it.

Poltergeist is out already since October bro ;D At least in NA regions as far as I know.

Great work as usual Fady K!

It's been a while since I played on my Vita, I need to get Freedom Wars, Sentan Kagura, SAO, Tokiden and Tales of Hearts. It's still baffles me that people say the Vita only has ports and multiplat.

Also looking forward to Steins;Gate and Oreshika the most next year.

Thank you so much Mass_Pincup ;D Enjoy it!

Much to play on the Vita these days. That criticism people use about the Vita mostly having indies and multiplatform games can be applied to almost every single console nowadays ;D

Come on Fady, how in the hell did you forget this soon-to-be classic:

Whoops! Thanks FDC1, adding it today ^^

Heart Forth, Alicia? That is a game I didn't know was coming. Great thread.

So many games I want.

Thanks a lot LiquidMetal14 ^^

Heart Forth, Alicia's devs added Vita support later on <3

Awesome job Fady, as always.

Thanks for the praise Valkyria, you're so kind :) Enjoy the thread mate.

So many games, why don't the Japanese love the vita more, it would seem that so many games there are rpgs and typically the type of games they like.

The good news is it's actually doing great in Japan, only outsold by the 3DS usually. Software sales could be much better though.

Great job Fady!

Can't even begin to make a list with titles I want to play, it's ridiculous. Everytime I think of getting a PS4 I remember that I don't even have time to get everything for my Vita.

Well, I'll be taking it one step at a time. Next stop will be Ayshea+ and possibly Brandish, if it really releases in EU in the near future.

Thank you so much bobohoro, hope you enjoy the thread and today's upcoming update ^^

Just want to note that Ciel noSurge Offline image is actually from Ar noSurge.

Also, why didn't I know that a new Saki game got announced for the Vita? Now I can let my PSP rest in peace forever.

Thank to this thread that I found out even I followed the Vita scene closely, I still missed some titles here and there.

Thanks a lot for the feedback Maid, I'll change the photo :D

Glad you learned about new games here :) Much to come!

Next few months are gonna be good on my Vita but buy on my wallet.

I look forward to this!

Enjoy SliceSabre ^^ plenty more to come :]

ikVHMlu.gif

Fantastic work OP, especially adding all the screenshots. Scrolled through the entire list to bring myself up-to-date on what Vita games I need to buy this year. Hyped for Steins;Gate!

Mega64 <3 <3 Great gif haha.

Thanks a lot Bricky, your compliments provide bigger motivation to me to keep the thread going. Bless you :D

Asskicking thread once again, Fady. Cheers!

edit: you should bold this part:

Good idea maouvin, i'll edit it to make it clearer :)

And thank you so much for the kind words :)!!

Amazing list. Vita again will be my most played console this year - by far.

Thanks 18-Volt! Among my favorite "consoles" ever ^^

Damn. So many good looking games. Ports I wasn't aware of (Papers Please?!) and long awaited follow-ups (Hotline 2 and OlliOlli 2!). Vita just got a Phoenix Down, can't wait to play some of these.

Excellent, awareness raising OP.

Thank you very much MasterBalls and stay tuned for constant updates about the latest announcements, release dates, releases, etc :D

Amazing work Fady.

What a great year for Vita. I didn't know VVVVV is coming to Vita, that's just a particularly sweet cheery on top.

Thank you so much Bumhead :]!!

All I know about VVVVV so far is the soundtrack is soooo good.

Really impressive OP.

You even imgur each pic to make sure they would be available. The amount of work you must have put into this to compile this is extraordinary.

It's very much appreciated.

Thank you very much cyberheater, very kind of you bro :)

Didn't think anyone would notice haha, as you said I used imgur to maintain the photos as much as possible ^^ Your comments are appreciated and motivational, thank you.

Thanks OP!

Totally buying:
-Alien Shooter
-Steins; Gate
-Hotline Miami 2
-Starbound

Localization wishes:
Danganronpa Another Episode
Corpse Party: Blood Drive

I'd also like to add this: Exogenesis-Perils Of Rebirth

It will be released for the Vita, but there is no release date.

Thank you so much funyarinpa :D Enjoy the thread!

Good news for you - it is looking VERY likely that we will be getting Corpse Party: Blood Drive in English thanks to XSEED. And boy does that make me happy, CP:BD is by far one of my most wanted portable games.

Vita has no
dearth of
games.

Well said Nikodemos ;D

Didn't know Space Hulk was coming to Vita, day 1.

Also you missed Tales From Borderlands from OP, which is also coming to Vita.

Unless I'm blind, but the OP is huge lol

Space Hulk was a recent addition ^^

TotB is already there but I don't blame you, the list is huge indeed : D

What an awesome thread. I really need to spend more time with my Vita...

Really wish Kiseki was getting licensed, haven't jumped into that series yet and the upcoming remake sounds awesome.

What an awesome compliment, thank you very much Hastati and enjoy the thread ^^

So many good titles, wish Sega would update us on PSO.

Sucks that SEGA isn't bringing over either PSO or PSN (Phantasy Star Nova). Hope they do.

Yep Fady K has indeed done an excellent job with the thread.

Parakeetman, your words humble me. Thank you very much and enjoy the thread (including a cool update today ^^)

So what are the chances that someone will pick up Shiren the Wanderer 5 Plus? It's the game I want most on this very long list.

Also, hoping that Koei Tecmo will release Ciel no Surge Offline, if not, I'm fine with Escha&Logy Plus and Ar nosurge Plus.

Atelier games are very likely. Wouldn't be surprised to see Shiren brought over either.

Grim Fandango is easily one of my most wanted games on any system. I'm also very happy we're getting Steins;Gate. I wonder if Grim, Broken Age, Day of the Tentacle will let us control the pointer using the analog stick. What is exogenesis btw? Have not heard of it yet, is it confirmed for the Vita?

Alone With You sounds so unique, the genre alone is captivating - "sci-fi romantic thriller".
Exogenesis is a visual novel / adventure game hybrid, kind of like the Zero Escape series. I tried the demo on the PC and it looks promising. I'm not sure how confirmed for VIta it is. The Kickstarter made the Vita stretch goal and they're developing in Unity so I hope that means it will be ported.

I sure hope Steins;Gate gets retail for both PS3/Vita. I recall the publisher wanting to, so hopefully they can.

I really love those tiny boxes. They're so tiny. Also, I'm not a fan of digital only.

this is just insane.....sony 128gb is needed already

Same here. Any game that gets a retail release I buy the physical version of so I can free up space on my card for digital only titles, DLC and patches and even then I've got at most 10GB left free. Looking at the list I can see a great deal of games I'll be getting on the Vita, I personally prefer to play indie titles on the Vita, it suits my playstyle perfectly. Last year my top games included the Vita versions of The Swapper, Rogue Legacy and Olli Olli.

Great thread as always Fady!

krYlon

Hey, thanks! I have definitely done some research into PSP games (and flagged several threads with recommendations) but I haven't actually pulled the trigger on many. Some of the others on my list are the Prinny games, Patapons, Crush and others.

Crush is fantastic. Good choice.

Fady K

Wow that list just kept going, haha. Out of all the 'Japan only' games, God Eater 2 and EDF V2 hurt the most. :/

I forgot Grim Fandango was out this month. Looking forward to playing it on Vita.

Thanks a lot CaptainTipTop ^^ I expect at least one of the above to get localized.

Thanks a lot!

I own a Vita for almost two years now and I didn't touch it for almost 1 1/2 years. A couple of days ago I bought Danganronpa and a couple of other discounted games. And I eventually found some time to install EA`s PSX Most wanted freebie. Since then my oldest daughter and I quarrel about who can use the Vita to play Danganronpa...

Seeing that really long list of quite cool and awesome games makes me think that there could be some kind of Vita-renaissance upcoming.

Danganronpa 2 Goodbye Despair, Shovel Knight, Banner Saga and some others will be perfect for me to kill some time (I spend approx.15 hours a week in trains on my daily way to work in Munich).

You are most welcome bro!! Wow 15 hours a week on the train! Much time to play huh? Let us know if you ever need recommendations ^^

Wow we are now arrived at 350! XD
Good work Fady K! ;)

Thank you so much 2+2=5 and good to see you here!!!

You forgot Dungeon Travelers 2-2 OP.

Decent amount of stuff i want or want to give a try, what is really gonna sting is when i finally start my japanese account.

Thank you very much Puru! Adding it up :)

I'll be sure to sub to the thread then. Thanks! I'm glad my original post didn't come off as assholish (I think) lol.

Awesome, hope you enjoy it! I'll start with the exclusivity info on this week's releases :D You didn't come off as assholish at all, your feedback is appreciated ^^

Wow.. OVER 9000!.The op must be working for Sony because this looks like alot of work put together .

Would be so cool if I worked for Playstation, but alas. Hope you enjoy the thread mate!

The irony is that Vita marketing team in Sony probably can't do half of OP's work with 10 times of people.

You're so kind Maid <3 <3 <3 I wish Sony would advertise the Vita more though I am happier with their recent efforts at promoting content for it at the PSX event in December.

Fady is life.
Vita is life.

DC is part of m thread now. <3 <3 <3

Thank you for this incredible list OP. The Vita may have too much games now.

Which is definitely not a bad thing.

You are most welcome jkh33 :D
and i agree with you ;D

It's ridiculous the amount of games the Vita has.

Can anyone chime in on Broken Sword 5?

It is certainly one of my most anticipated games on the Vita. Some people liked it a LOT and others, at worst, felt while it did not reach the heights of the first two games, it was definitely better than the 3rd and 4th. It looks great, can't wait for a sale ^^

As a new Vita owner, I can only say: Thanks, Fady. Great work!

Maybe this is the right place to ask: Since I didn't own a PSP, I am catching up on A LOT of games.

How often do games like Tactics Ogre (or most JRPGs) go on sale? Has it ever been? Are sales recurring?

Gambit! Long time, nice seeing you here bro :D! How have you been?

And you're moooooooost welcome my friend. Your words are truly appreciated and motivational :D

Yes, Square sometimes has a sale on the majority of their games, and many times I recall seeing a lot of Atlus games on sale for half price, including a lot of SRPGs.

By the way:

- Do you have any links that say Attractio is coming to Vita? Can't find it anywhere.
- Are you sure Orc Attack is still coming? It's been 2 years. I think it's cancelled.
- Are you sure Road not Taken is still coming? I seemed to remember hearing that the devs were having trouble with the port and either cancelled it or put it on indefinite hold.

Also, here's some other stuff:

- Starlight Tactics coming pending Unity 4.6 support.
- Lego Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin is a sequel to last year's game and coming to Vita.
- Color Guardians is coming to Vita this year.

Hey there Kresnik! Good to see you here. Here is the confirmation by the developers about Attractio on the Vita.

Not sure about Orc Attack, haven't heard a thing about it in over a year.

As for Road Not Taken, it is one of the few games on that list that don't have good signs about a release. I'm waiting till they officially cancel it first before taking it down, in case.

And btw, THANKS a lot for the tidbits, I'll be adding them up tonight :)

Amazing job Fady, I subbed and shared this thread on Twitter. Looking forward to another great year of games on the Vita.

You are most welcome pal! Thanks a lot for spreading the word on twitter btw! Here's hoping for a fantastic year of gaming for us all :D

But my Mega Adventure Pack with Uncharted, Tearaway amd Gravity Rush have me covered for another week.

I have yet to play Tearaway and Gravity Rush (my wife loved this one!) but Uncharted on the Vita is my 2nd favorite Uncharted so far after 2. I loooved it ^_^

xMMDK7V.gif

All those games
How can anyone say Vita is dead?!

Shantae I have set for my vita
Might do the same for Mighty No. 9
Skullgirls... I want to see if it will run at 60fps solid since I love the vita d-pad with SFXTekken
Ugh I rather not fill this page of what I want, so many are already on OP

So much awesomeness <3

That's a lot of Vita games. Awesome post.

Thanks a lot BigBadShamoo, enjoy the thread :D

Great work, Fady! I'm looking forward to playing as many of those as is humanly possible.

Thanks for the very kind words Matthew, likewise, much to look forward to! I'll have a nice update later on in the day, stay tuned ^^

Does anyone have any info on The Chaos Engine?
All I can seem to find about it is that "it's in the plans for Vita", but nothing else. Is it actually coming out, or is it just a maybe up to now?

Haven't heard a thing about it in a long time. I'll update the thread if that changes.

Holy smokes. It is going to take me a week to look through all these to see what piques my interest. Thanks for the post.

Many thanks to you nonnocere, enjoy the thread and you can expect more timely updates regarding what's new and the like :D

I'm looking forward to around 30 games, with the highlights being Axiom Verge, Hotline 2, Shovel Knight and GeoWars 3.

As usual, great work Fady! :D

https://twitter.com/GameCoder_Team/status/496108529162682368
https://twitter.com/GameCoder_Team/status/514457296324558848
https://twitter.com/PonchoLTRC/status/542122993447870465

Looking forward to this one too

Thank you so much VLiberty! You're a Juventus fan right?

Enjoy this thread bro! More to come soon....

Amazing.

If you dont own a Vita at this point "Because no games", then I guess you dont like games.

Bummer.

Agreed legacyzero! hope you enjoy the thread bro :D

Nice, I was looking everywhere for a list :)

I hope you enjoy this one! Stay tuned for updates every few days :D

magawolaz

Fady K, you are doing God's work.

Any chance to have thumbnails in op? My browser is crawling with all those pictures :lol
Many of them are hosted on imgur, so you would only need to put an "s" before the file extension and embed the original link:

http://i.imgur.com/3eYsEwu.jpg
3eYsEwu.jpg

+

http://i.imgur.com/3eYsEwus.jpg
3eYsEwus.jpg

=

(click)

This way you could put even more pics and still save space.

Turnstyle

Yep, great work Fady, these threads are invaluable to Vita owners - it's great to see all these future releases in one place. I'm blown away by the sheer volume!

I wish VVVVVV would get a release date soon, it's been in the pipeline for ages. I do wonder sometimes if Vita releases get held back to be used as future PS+ games.

We know that Duke was ready to go last year (even appeared on the store for a few hours), but didn't get a release until January's PS+ batch of games. I also wonder if Binding of Isaac was in a similar boat.

Fady K, you are doing God's work.

Any chance to have thumbnails in op? My browser is crawling with all those pictures :lol
Many of them are hosted on imgur, so you would only need to put an "s" before the file extension and embed the original link:

http://i.imgur.com/3eYsEwu.jpg
3eYsEwu.jpg

+

http://i.imgur.com/3eYsEwus.jpg
3eYsEwus.jpg

=

(click)

This way you could put even more pics and still save space.

Lets make it an m as s is very small.

So many games I forgot about...oh man I can't wait for several games on here, despite likely not having a ton of time to play them! Vita means life!

redcrayon

Cheers Fady!

Yeah, I agree with the guys above me, anything you could do to reduce the file sizes on the first page would be great.

What I do is save the last page URL as a bookmark just so I don't kill my browser every time! Awesome work though.

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
I love the Vita. Look at all the games I have to buy over the next little while, all of these are day one for me:

Broken Age
Day of the Tentacle(!)
Grim Fandango
Shovel Knight
Darkest Dungeon
Bastion
Space Hulk
Pier Solar
VA-11 HALL-A
Papers Please
Cosmic Star Heroine
Hyper Light Drifter
Pavilion
Risk of Rain
La Mulana
Hand of Fate
Heart Forth Alicia
Hotline Miami 2
Nuclear Throne
VVVVVV

Not to mention that I'm sure I'll end up buying some of the others in the list as I find out if they're any good. There's just so many games, I'm having trouble deciding what to play.

Couple of comments - first, I had no idea that Day of the Tentacle was even getting remastered, that news clearly went over my head or I wasn't paying attention that day. That's the best news I'm likely to hear all week, Day of the Tentacle is the best. Seriously cannot wait to buy it and start a new game.

Also, what's the point in releasing Metal Slug 3 when Anthology is already available? I didn't pick up Anthology yet but was planning to, is there anything wrong with it?

Thanks Fady K, keep up the good work !!

Does anybody know if Skullgirl Encore is cross buy? I have it from PS+, but never played it since it had such a big update lol

I'm really looking forward to:
Shovel Knight
Super Time Force Ultra
Pier Solar & the Great Architect
Steamworld Heist
Grim Fandango
Day of the Tentacle
Papers, Please
Cosmic Star Heroine (backed on KS)
Hyper Light Drifter (backed on KS)
Helldivers (I'll play this on PS4 though)
Axiom Verge
Broforce
Heart Forth, Alicia (backed on KS)
Titan Souls
Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
Midora (backed on KS)
Nuclear Throne
Timespinner (backed on KS)
Rocketbirds 2: Evolution

Will definitely check out:
The Banner Saga
Severed (mainly because I love Drinkbox)
Bastion
Ray's The Dead
Salt and Sanctuary
Flame Over
BigFest
Pavilion
La Mulana
Volume

What's Project Scissors? Is it related to Clock Tower or its creators?

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
The games I'm strongly interested in:

Broken Age
Steins;Gate
Resident Evil Revelations 2
The Banner Saga
Darkest Dungeon
Bastion
Toukiden Kimawi
Zodiac
Salt & Sanctuary
VA-11 HALL-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action
Cosmic Star Heroine
Helldivers
Guns Up
The Firefly Diary
The Legend of Raven
Hyper Light Drifter
Shantae: Half Genie Hero
Oddworld: New N Tasty
Skullgirls Encore
Tales from the Borderlands
Axiom Verge
Mighty No. 9
Dragon Fin Soup
Grim Fandango remastered
Midora
The Chainsaw Incident
Timespinner
Dying: Sinner Escape
World End Economica
Fault Milestone One DX

If these game get locolized I would pick them up:
SaGa 2015
Yu-Gi-Oh: Arc-V - Tag Force Special
Atelier Escha & Logy Plus
New Way of the Samurai (Ukiyo no Roushi )
God Eater 2: Rage Burst
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
Judas Code

Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax and Irregular at Magic High School Out of Order are Fighting games so not knowing the language is not an issue so just grabing it from the JPN PSN Store is an option.

Thank you for the time you put into this Fady!

I don't know anything about ~90% of this list.

That said, there's still enough i do know about that i am interested in. But is it just me is there virtually no coverage to speak of for all the indie stuff, until it's right about to release? I know of the vita lounge website but even with their coverage i don't really know what might be good of what's coming out. Ps blog is the only other i can think of for news but obviously everything's "good" there!

Appreciate the post though! I know it'd be a lot of work, but would be heaps better if there was some description for each, at least for me :)

That said, there's still enough i do know about that i am interested in. But is it just me is there virtually no coverage to speak of for all the indie stuff, until it's right about to release? I know of the vita lounge website but even with their coverage i don't really know what might be good of what's coming out. Ps blog is the only other i can think of for news but obviously everything's "good" there!

Appreciate the post though! I know it'd be a lot of work, but would be heaps better if there was some description for each, at least for me :)

I agree, I think someone should step up to the plate and create a dedicated information pipeline for indie development. Sony's in a good position to offer something like this. Perhaps a side project for the Blog team.

I do wonder sometimes if Vita releases get held back to be used as future PS+ games.
(...)
I also wonder if Binding of Isaac was in a similar boat.

I don't think so, the game launched on the same date for PC. It IS possible that all three platforms were held back, however.

Kalamoj

Awesome OP Fady!

My picks (so far):
Banner Saga
Hotline Miami 2
Oreshika - damn Sony, give us a date
Stranger of the Sword City - fell in love with the artwork, I hope someone brings it over

Liége - please be good
Geometry Wars 3 - only if it's 60 fps

VLiberty

Yep, great work Fady, these threads are invaluable to Vita owners - it's great to see all these future releases in one place. I'm blown away by the sheer volume!

I wish VVVVVV would get a release date soon, it's been in the pipeline for ages. I do wonder sometimes if Vita releases get held back to be used as future PS+ games.

We know that Duke was ready to go last year (even appeared on the store for a few hours), but didn't get a release until January's PS+ batch of games. I also wonder if Binding of Isaac was in a similar boat.

Yes, it's very likely.

And yeah, give us that fucking VVVVVV. Worldwide. (we're still waiting 1001 Spikes in europe...)

boingball

Plenty of good stuff in the list.

Already bought:
Moon Hunters (Kickstarter backer)
Ray's the Dead (Kickstarter backer)
Liege (Kickstarter backer)
Soul Saga Ep.1 (Kickstarter backer)
Mechrunner (Kickstarter backer)
Dragon Fin Soup (Kickstarter backer)

Hype:
OlliOlli 2: Welcome to Olliwood
Hotline Miami 2 wrong number
Grim Fandango remastered
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC (well, this is actually HYPE HYPE HYPE)

Buying:
Atelier Ayesha: Alchemist of Dusk +
Joe Danger: The Movie
Shovel Knight
Severed
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart
Zodiac
Steamworld Heist
Run Sackboy Run
Papers, Please
Aztez
Cosmic Star Heroine
Hyper Light Drifter
Rainbow Skies
Axiom Verge
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Evolution
Ys

Maybe (If any of these are on sale I most certainly will buy them):
Resogun
Hyperdimension Neptunia U
Boken Age
Steins;Gate
Bastion
The Banner Saga
Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions
Shu
Klaus
Ascension: Chronicle of the God Slayer
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re:birth 2 - Sisters Generation
Pavilion
Starbound
Rocketbirds 2 Evolution
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 3: V Century
Great Edo Blacksmith

Welp, I already have more than 100GB of Vita SW. Both my 64 and 32 Gigs are already maxed.

Turnstyle

(we're still waiting 1001 Spikes in europe...)

I've given up on 1001 Spikes. When it came out in the US, I was really hyped for it. Months later and with no release date in site, I've just got my fix by watching a playthrough on YouTube rather than being able to play it for myself.

I don't understand the huge delays for some European releases. It's not like there's any translation or anything to go through!

Holy crap, pretty much every indie game I'm waiting for is going to release on Vita as well, including Starbound which is kind of crazy. What I wouldn't give to have Crypt of the Necrodancer and especially FTL there as well.

Plenty of good stuff in the list.

Already bought:
Moon Hunters (Kickstarter backer)
Ray's the Dead (Kickstarter backer)
Liege (Kickstarter backer)
Soul Saga Ep.1 (Kickstarter backer)
Mechrunner (Kickstarter backer)
Dragon Fin Soup (Kickstarter backer)

Hype:
OlliOlli 2: Welcome to Olliwood
Hotline Miami 2 wrong number
Grim Fandango remastered
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC (well, this is actually HYPE HYPE HYPE)

Buying:
Atelier Ayesha: Alchemist of Dusk +
Joe Danger: The Movie
Shovel Knight
Severed
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart
Zodiac
Steamworld Heist
Run Sackboy Run
Papers, Please
Aztez
Cosmic Star Heroine
Hyper Light Drifter
Rainbow Skies
Axiom Verge
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Evolution
Ys

Maybe (If any of these are on sale I most certainly will buy them):
Resogun
Hyperdimension Neptunia U
Boken Age
Steins;Gate
Bastion
The Banner Saga
Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions
Shu
Klaus
Ascension: Chronicle of the God Slayer
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re:birth 2 - Sisters Generation
Pavilion
Starbound
Rocketbirds 2 Evolution
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 3: V Century
Great Edo Blacksmith

Welp, I already have more than 100GB of Vita SW. Both my 64 and 32 Gigs are already maxed.

You look like someone that knows of the old pd Amiga gem Master Blaster, wouldn' it be lovely for the Vita?

A bit off topic, but I was hoping someone could help. I'm getting myself a Vita 2000 (currently have a 1000), and I was wondering if I'd be able to just take out the mem card from my 1000 and insert it into the 2000 and have everything there? I ask mainly because I've got Persona 3 on it and I don't want to loose all the save data when I move to the 2000

Chuy

A bit off topic, but I was hoping someone could help. I'm getting myself a Vita 2000 (currently have a 1000), and I was wondering if I'd be able to just take out the mem card from my 1000 and insert it into the 2000 and have everything there? I ask mainly because I've got Persona 3 on it and I don't want to loose all the save data when I move to the 2000
Yeah you can swap memory cards between them. Bubbles might be out of order but everything else should be fine

Yeah you can swap memory cards between them. Bubbles might be out of order but everything else should be fine

Thanks man, I appreciate. Can't wait to get my hands on the new Vita. Might miss OLED but I'll be damned if everything else doesn't make up for it.

Wow. Not only does he create one of the most insane OPs ever, he takes the time to respond to every poster who comments. Nice job, Fady. You are a true GAFer.

Moobabe

I agree, I think someone should step up to the plate and create a dedicated information pipeline for indie development. Sony's in a good position to offer something like this. Perhaps a side project for the Blog team.

I know that the guys at The Vita Lounge were thinking about something along the lines of a PS Vita Heaven (like the 3DS ones) but I agree, I think the guys at Playstation Access or the blog team could do a job as well.

Or a GAFfer... I'll see what I can dig up for some of these games in the OP (but it will just run the risk of making it even bigger!)

Also - what the heck is Steins: Gate? You all seem to be gushing over it

Jacqli

That happened to me so many times… I know Yoshida said once that Vita's games do not need advertising because its audience was "core" enough to discover them or something in the lines, but I think I am part of that audience and still struggle to find release dates and so on. Were it not for this amazing thread, and I would not be aware of some interesting announcements.

Anyway, I also realized that I have up to 28 games on my Vita. For a console that has none, it is a good number I think.

bobawesome

bSZfMbE.jpg

All I want :eek:

All you need.

Also - what the heck is Steins: Gate? You all seem to be gushing over it

Very brief synopsis: A group of college students accidentally create a time machine that can send text messages into the past. The time machine is a microwave.

This is a straight-up visual novel meaning 99% of your time is spent reading. Your input is relegated to
responding to texts from friends and interacting with the microwave at story junctures.

Top Bottom