• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (OVER ~350 games with screens inside!) || 2015 Edition ||

kuYuri

Even though the analogue camera for Monster Hunter Freedom Unite with a Vita isn't true analogue, and only replaces the left/right d-pad buttons on PSP, I find it much easier on my thumb than 'the claw' with PSP.

I also much prefer the Vita d-pad. Other than that I can't think of anything outside cosmetic stuff- personally I prefer the Vita interface with it's 'launch' pages for each game, so I must have clocked up hundreds of hours playing PSP games on my Vita by now. To each their own, really.

I've seen people argue that PSP battery life for digital games is better, so there is that, although personally my Vita has never run out either. I use it every day for about 90 minutes each way on my commute, and charge it every two days, so it depends on your circumstances I suppose. A PSP might be better if you have a long flight, although these days I carry a portable battery pack for the various gadgets I'm using when I travel, and a USB cable for the portable I'm using when I'm not. I think I've charged my Vita off of hotel tellies, computers, trains, aircraft, pretty much anything! Proprietary chargers just seem awkward and unnecessary for gadgets these days.

Yes! Playing on Vita is much superior.

- Resolution is exactly double, so games scale perfectly.
- You can remap controls to the second analog, meaning you can, for example, often get camera to map to analog, or convert compass button shooting to 'dual stick' shooting.

And comfort - once I started playing on Vita I found it really hard to go back to my psp. So much so that I've re-bought probably 30 games over the years [I had made a secondary 'psp' account for ease of use years ago - ps+ plus single accounts on vita effectively made that account pointless.

Thanks!

Nightbird

I like that you can play some games one-handed due the remapping of the second stick, that makes grinding in games like Disgaea 2 a whole lot more comfortable.

Snowballo

I've always been tempted to play this but I read that the game (or maybe the end-game) was designed for online/multiplayer and not for offline/single-player. Do you think its still worth playing?

I've beated it today.

+ Art style is soooo awesome, a reason to play it imo
+ Nice tactical rpg
+ Very challenging boss fights
- Repetitive random encounters (you can speed them up, but not skip them at all)
- Weird level scaling (*)

(*) You can read/see what I mean here (spoiler, final boss)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmDOIRiluAM

Overall is a game that deserve at least a few hours to be judged. You could like/dislike it. But at least you've to try.

Always good to get some new Vita games through the post today, special thanks to Wilflare for grabbing the Asian English releases of Resident Evil Revelations 2 and Samurai Warriors 4 II:

Unfortunately my camera doesn't really photograph Corpse Party that well, but its a really nice Collectors Edition. Did a quick count of my physical games and I'm now at 223! That's not counting the 100+ digital games I also have. It'll take me a while to work my way through all of these!

Shizuka

WiOjSDB.png

My first time backing a Kickstarter for real. If you want a physical Vita copy, this is the best way. They can't guarantee that they'll sell physical copies after the Kickstarter is over, how much they'll have available for sell or that it'll probably be more expensive if they manage to sell those.

Honestly, since the $80 tier nets you two cartridges with the entire trilogy plus digital codes for the games, with a $10 worldwide shipping, it's a no-brainer.

WiOjSDB.png

My first time backing a Kickstarter for real. If you want a physical Vita copy, this is the best way. They can't guarantee that they'll sell physical copies after the Kickstarter is over, how much they'll have available for sell or that it'll probably be more expensive if they manage to sell those.

Honestly, since the $80 tier nets you two cartridges with the entire trilogy plus digital codes for the games, with a $10 worldwide shipping, it's a no-brainer.

Happy for you! (Not much of a Muv Luv fan myself but hey) Enjoy it!

Takao

Banned
Apparently Borderlands 2 on Vita received a patch today:

Patch notes:
* Fixed various bugs.
* Improved overall playability.
* Added option for additional vehicle control method.
* Added sort by value option for inventory.
* Added user's support ID in ShiFT menu.
* Increased drop rate of legendary items across the game.
* Update PlayStation Vita SDK to 3.500.
* Enabled +77 MB expanded memory mode.
https://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/3qrcec/borderlands_2_patch_108_is_now_live_74_mb/

what year is it

Severed?

Looks like fun!

Yeah, if you click the picture it'll send you to a dev diary Drinkbox posted yesterday.

Just want to show some love for Heroes Of Loot.

heroes-of-loot-ps-vita-screenshots-001.jpg

This game costs less than a Value meal and is damn awesome on the Vita. Reminds me of old school Gauntlet and is just perfect for short gaming sessions. :)

maouvin

We're getting Dragon Fin Soup on PS+ in November, that was one of the Vita games I was most looking forward to, awesome stuff.

Didn't expect it to launch straight to PS+, awesome stuff indeed.
And I was always curious on Invizimals, so that seems ok too. edit: woah, it's the PSP Invizimals lol.

I really don't think we will see any more physical releases in the US outside of XSEED/NISA niche Japanese stuff.
I'm still hoping for more PQube niche Japanese stuff as well. Rest assured that if they do release anything else, it'll be physical.

(And don't forget Aksys, they're even releasing their otome games physical, unlike IFI)

The internet never seizes to amaze me.

(yesterday someone added me to their "Xbox one gaming tweeters" list)

Edit:I only tweet about the V.(over 3000 tweets)

Sealtest

So I have a problem I think and hopefully people who import from CDJapan can answer this.

I plan on buying Valkyrie Drive limited edition which comes out December 10th, my credit card expires January and CDJpan is known to transact the payment when the item ships but not post it for weeks afterwards. Should I be safe using this card since the pre-auth transaction went through already?

I tried asking support but I dont think they understood my question.

Azusa

So I have a problem I think and hopefully people who import from CDJapan can answer this.

I plan on buying Valkyrie Drive limited edition which comes out December 10th, my credit card expires January and CDJpan is known to transact the payment when the item ships but not post it for weeks afterwards. Should I be safe using this card since the pre-auth transaction went through already?

Its hard to say. I had the similar case and everything went through. Also I had a case when my credit card expired before CDjapan shipped my order and it didn't stop them to withdraw from my account.

Also you can change the payment information later if you write them. Its easy and they gladly change credit card information.

No experience with CDJapan, but I had a similar problem recently, where between pre-ordering and shipping my CC was cancelled because of attempted fraud. Since the authorization charge successfully went through, there was no problem though, my bank told me at the time that after the authorization the merchant has a certain timeframe to "cash it in". There weren't more than two weeks between the events though so YMMV.

I also requested a new card from my bank in the past a few months before expiration because of a situation like yours and they did it without any issues, so you could try that as well.

Top Bottom