• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (OVER ~350 games with screens inside!) || 2015 Edition ||

If you take into account that $80 nets you two cartridges for the trilogy and digital codes for the game, it's a bargain.

Yeah, I think it's a fair price for what you're getting, I just didn't expect to have to decide whether to commit to buying this or not so soon! Normally I have longer to uhm and ahh about games

Having read the plot descriptions on the Kickstarter page though, I'm definitely down.

I'm beginning to degrade into Vita-collection mode though. Whenever I see a Vita games on sale; or with a limited print run; or something I think'll have a limited print run (i.e. English-Asian games) I'm almost always deciding to buy on the spot these days.

That's on top of buying the games I'm in the mood for playing as and when I want them (currently hovering over importing Irregular at Magic High School just because I've watched some videos and I want to play it; as well as deciding whether the £5.00 off Disney Infinity 2.0 on amazon is cheap enough to make me buy it now or if I should wait for later).

By the end of its life, Vita is certainly going to be my largest collection of physical games by some margin.

Yeah, I think it's a fair price for what you're getting, I just didn't expect to have to decide whether to commit to buying this or not so soon! Normally I have longer to uhm and ahh about games

Having read the plot descriptions on the Kickstarter page though, I'm definitely down.

I'm beginning to degrade into Vita-collection mode though. Whenever I see a Vita games on sale; or with a limited print run; or something I think'll have a limited print run (i.e. English-Asian games) I'm almost always deciding to buy on the spot these days.

That's on top of buying the games I'm in the mood for playing as and when I want them (currently hovering over importing Irregular at Magic High School just because I've watched some videos and I want to play it; as well as deciding whether the £5.00 off Disney Infinity 2.0 on amazon is cheap enough to make me buy it now or if I should wait for later).

By the end of its life, Vita is certainly going to be my largest collection of physical games by some margin.

I know that feeling far to well. I just gave in and started collecting full on for the system, mainly because I wanted a system to collect for and I spend most of my time on my Vita and PS4 so it just seemed like the best option at the time. And because of that I've played games I'd not originally have picked up, and ended up loving them.

The only problem is getting the time to play through all the Vita games in my collection, as I'd never buy a game I'd not play. That means I have a nice backlog for the system!

That said, I did manage to complete a Vita game today - Super Meat Boy (though I still technically have more to do on the game). And I must say its one of the most satisfying games to complete, its tough but it hardly ever feels unfair. I love my 2D platformers and this one is certainly now one of my favourites. Now to see how many more trophies I can get on the game...

Shizuka

Time to do that Excel sheet with all your games! I did mine a few weeks ago and I'm currently over 200 native titles (around 90 physical, among lots of limited editions).

can you tell me what the frameware version that come with this vita ? also the white and the orange one

Sorry already updated them.

And since we are on a fresh page I will repost my pictures and unboxing of the Aqua Blue Vita:

My aqua blue Vita arrived. Also did an unboxing video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfi3Alc109k

nlYzhRH.jpg

What are people's impressions about WipEout 2048? Really liked the demo.

30 FPS hurts and the focus on wide tracks that encouraged combat let it down. Also no Racebox was a massive disappointment.

However, it's still WipEout and that means it's still fucking fantastic. Just slightly disappointing if you're a long-time fan, but still worth getting.

Best racing game I've ever played. Best Vita launch title. Best DLC implementation on the Vita.

Basically HD but handheld. It's a beautiful, fantastic game.

30 FPS hurts and the focus on wide tracks that encouraged combat let it down. Also no Racebox was a massive disappointment.

However, it's still WipEout and that means it's still fucking fantastic. Just slightly disappointing if you're a long-time fan, but still worth getting.

Thanks! Going to buy it ASAP then. Seems worth it for a first WipEout. (Also is that $13 price tag on NA PSN a sale?)

RootCause

Highly recommend Wipeout 2048.
Game is amazing, spent so much time trying to get the best times. I'm not even huge on racers.

I need help guys. I recently ordered two extra vita cards, and created two accounts(Europe, & Japan through the web store) for games that aren't available on the NA store. I have a couple of questions about the content manager, backing up on multiple drives, and account activations on PS3.

First the PS3. There's one account in my PS3 at the moment(NA), if I create two extra user accounts, and log in with the two newly created psn accounts, will they count as PS3 activations on my main (NA) account, or do they appear on their respective accounts as new PS3? Also, how do I deactivate them if the console were to die?

Backing up content. I currently don't have a desktop PC, and my laptop has a SSD that I'd prefer not to clog. I've got two external drives, I plan on backing up the games, and save files to the external drive. I would like to know if it's possible to make an extra copy of the files on the second external drive. Can these files be used if one of the two drives were to fail?

Content manager. How does it handle multiple psn accounts? Does it create separate folders for all three user accounts? is there a limit to how many accounts it can manage?(3-4?)

I know.. Lots of questions, but I would really appreciate it. :)

Highly recommend Wipeout 2048.
Game is amazing, spent so much time trying to get the best times. I'm not even huge on racers.

I need help guys. I recently ordered two extra vita cards, and created two accounts(Europe, & Japan through the web store) for games that aren't available on the NA store. I have a couple of questions about the content manager, backing up on multiple drives, and account activations on PS3.

First the PS3. There's one account in my PS3 at the moment(NA), if I create two extra user accounts, and log in with the two newly created psn accounts, will they count as PS3 activations on my main (NA) account, or do they appear on their respective accounts as new PS3? Also, how do I deactivate them if the console were to die?

Backing up content. I currently don't have a desktop PC, and my laptop has a SSD that I'd prefer not to clog. I've got two external drives, I plan on backing up the games, and save files to the external drive. I would like to know if it's possible to make an extra copy of the files on the second external drive. Can these files be used if one of the two drives were to fail?

Content manager. How does it handle multiple psn accounts? Does it create separate folders for all three user accounts? is there a limit to how many accounts it can manage?(3-4?)

I know.. Lots of questions, but I would really appreciate it. :)

1. They appear on their respective accounts as a newly registered PS3. You can deactivate all the consoles either by phone or by using the account section of the PSN site on the PC.

2. It is possible to copy the files to multiple drives, you just need to change the directory in the content manager before connecting the Vita to the PC.

3. I'm not sure about this as I have only one Vita account.

For those with multiple vitas, can you just take your memory card out of one and insert it in another easily or does that create issues with game saves, installs etc?

For those with multiple vitas, can you just take your memory card out of one and insert it in another easily or does that create issues with game saves, installs etc?

IIRC doing that will make you format the card (essentially wipe all its data) and then log in with your previous account. You first need to deactivate the console on your account, and then factory reset. (That's mot all there is to it though) Doing this repeatedly might cause issues since some games only give you a locense to DL it on, say, 3 different Vitas and it might count every switch as a different Vita (not sure on this last point)

The hassle of account/memcard switching is Vita's most maddening thing.

Damn straight. I've pretty much given up on hoping we get an accounts system for the Vita so I can have a Japanese, Euro and USA account on the same handheld for convenience the ability to buy/play other region DLC without hassle. Its as if Sony wants me to spend less money on the system...

IIRC doing that will make you format the card (essentially wipe all its data) and then log in with your previous account. You first need to deactivate the console on your account, and then factory reset. (That's mot all there is to it though) Doing this repeatedly might cause issues since some games only give you a locense to DL it on, say, 3 different Vitas and it might count every switch as a different Vita (not sure on this last point)

eek. I just ordered one of those aqua vitas and will be using the same account so hopefully I can have the digital ps+ games from that account on both and can use ps+ for syncing saves.

Damn straight. I've pretty much given up on hoping we get an accounts system for the Vita so I can have a Japanese, Euro and USA account on the same handheld for convenience the ability to buy/play other region DLC without hassle. Its as if Sony wants me to spend less money on the system...

That is such an edge case that I don't think Sony could even measure the number of people who would care about this.

autoduelist

My guess is we don't get multi-accounts on Vita to prevent any sort of gamesharing. Multiple NA accounts, etc.

Not true. A significant amount of people from Europe also have an NA account on their PS3 and PS4 for several reasons. Not an edge case at all.

True, but even there given Sony is a major player in international media I doubt they want to openly allow people to skirt regional restrictions. That is, it's one thing to allow it by ignoring it, but it would be another if they said something like 'you can have one account on your vita per region'. In addition to your standard pricing/currency issues, etc, you've got all sorts of contracts in place that, for example, might give one company the rights to publish something only in Asia, and another company the rights in the Americas.... blatantly allowing customers to skirt those contracts and buy digitally from international regions is a definite grey area.

This is true even if the game is only available in one region. For example, say you sold the rights to Atlus to sell your game in Asia. You, as developer, still retain/own the rights to other regions to sell to other publishers - Sony openly encouraging/allowing people to go around the licensing you worked out is problematic, even though it would be good for consumers and ultimately result in a sale. There still may be a sale made, contractually, you haven't sold or given away the rights for that game sale in NA and you may be trying to sell the rights to a completely different publisher.

Licensing! The nightmarish spaghetti mess of goofyness that will never end!

animax

Wait, that's not right is it?

You can switch your mem card between two vitas with no hassle provided they're using the same account and same firmware version - the only side affect would be that the bubbles would not be in the same place.

You only run into problems if you have different accounts or different firmware versions right?

Wait, that's not right is it?

You can switch your mem card between two vitas with no hassle provided they're using the same account and same firmware version - the only side affect would be that the bubbles would not be in the same place.

You only run into problems if you have different accounts or different firmware versions right?

Pretty sure I had responded to someone talking about different accounts...

Edit: Multiple VITAs, huh? Don't know then, I'm sorry.

Ventara

Why cancel? You won't get charged if it fails, right?

Anyways, the game looks cool, but I don't think it'll meet it's goal, sadly. And I'm a little dubious that the PS4/Vita stretch goals are only 10K extra.

Shizuka

Why cancel? You won't get charged if it fails, right?

Anyways, the game looks cool, but I don't think it'll meet it's goal, sadly. And I'm a little dubious that the PS4/Vita stretch goals are only 10K extra.

It's a stretch goal, isn't it? If it meets the base goal but not the Playstation goal, he's stuck with a copy of the game on a platform he doesn't want.

Nightbird

So o just got a 16 GB Card for 29€ in Gamestop.

Was that a good or bad purchase?

Edit: forget it.
After seeing all the digital Games I own this Card is a godsend

Edit2: aaaand it's full again lol
But at least I've got now a large number of games, so that's good

Bought Superbeat Xonic on eBay using the 20% off voucher (CUKFLASH; £20 minimum purchase, expires at 10PM, eBay UK only). Got it for a shade under £22 which I'm happy with.

Not fussed about the limited edition anymore really...

Is GOW Collection too bad an entry point to the franchise? I have no other PS systems.

Not at all.

It's less impressive than the PS3 port of 1 & 2, but still solid aside from a few framerate hiccups and some iffy audio (I know that makes it sound bad, but I thought it was a good port otherwise).

And you can try Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta too, but I'd recommend the Collection if you're just trying out the series.

redcrayon

I've got about thirty games on my PSN wishlist, and another forty or so upcoming games from this thread that I'm interested in. Even if no more games are announced for it, There will be enough to keep me going for years.

Nightbird

I've got about thirty games on my PSN wishlist, and another forty or so upcoming games from this thread that I'm interested in. Even if no more games are announced for it, There will be enough to keep me going for years.

Same here.
Right now I got exactly 40 Games on my wishlist (38 if you don't count MLS 2&3 since I also put the collection on the list), and there are a lot more from this thread.

Snowballo

New trailer for Grand Kingdom , spiritual successor of Gran Knight History (but this time is not developed by Vanillaware).

It is not bad at all, but it seems the flash/mobile version of the masterpiece that came out on PSP (I'm playin' it right now, english patched version, and it is visually unbelievable.

GRAND KINGDOM (PS4/PS Vita)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q22nAh6CO5Y

GRAND KNIGHT HISTORY (PSP)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADeEAdQt0lE

And, as Bonus, the latest trailer for Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir

ODIN SPHERE: LEIFHRASIR (PS Vita)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrFO5-3pKEg

Top Bottom