• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

do you have the mario hat and if so can i have it

i'll send you a picture of it on my dog

I got that fucking useless Doc Louis' Punch Out instead.

finished it in 30 minutes and haven't played it since

oh my dear fucking god my hobby is a joke isn't it...

...send me a picture of your dog anyway

Lotto

My brother is gonna be so disappointed when he wakes up and sees this. I'm already disappointed for him.

NFreak

Wow really? I didn't think it could get worse than the pin set we got last year but I think this just might be worse. I have every poster set Nintendo offered normally already and the playing cards are.... well playing cards. I would have taken the Mario pillow any day of the week over this stuff.

The real prizes are on Reggie's desk ಠ_ಠ

AxG9oERCMAA04FH.jpg

_woLf

Platinum prizes shouldn't be made out of paper :(

This. Especially given what Japan gets. This is beyond fucked up, after everyone was so upset about last year's they had the nerve to make this year's even worse? What the fuck are they thinking?

bluehat9

And you guys were complaining that the pillow was not good enough, lol.

Guess more people keep making platinum status because each year seems to be cheaper and worse than the last.

Risible

I'm appreciative of free stuff.

That being said, the discrepancy between what the Japanese get and North America gets is disgraceful. It's a real slap in the face to their NA fans.

And you guys were complaining that the pillow was not good enough, lol.

Guess more people keep making platinum status because each year seems to be cheaper and worse than the last.
As soon as all those surveys people have hoarded expire I bet we wil get a better platinum prize.

rpmurphy

As soon as all those surveys people have hoarded expire I bet we wil get a better platinum prize.
I wish I had your optimism. :<

This past year had the 3DS with ambassador titles. The current year with the Wii U, I think it will be fairly easy for people to get Platinum status again.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Same. I finally made platinum and this is what we get? Screw club nintendo, it's not worth it.

Yeah, I'm done hoarding codes to try and hit Platinum status. Every "prize" has sucked, and these retread offers are no exception. I mean, hard to complain because it's free, but if you're going to offer the program then at least show some effort and love for your loyal customers like Japan does.

The playing cards look goofy, I'm too old for posters, and I already bought Majora's Mask. I'd like something for 3DS so I guess I'm either going with Mario vs DK or Metroid 2.

bubnbob

Banned
They tweaked the site, it now shows how much you need to hit the next status (Gold/Platinum) - and the cute little badge has a year on it now

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
So lame. Free stuff is free stuff, but the fact that it's not even anything truly exclusive completely defeats the point of attaining Platinum (and, like others, it was my first time getting there). I don't have any faith that they'll decide to start offering better rewards again next year, so I'm not gonna go out of my way for Platinum in the future.

I'll probably just get the calendar, since it's the only thing I'd actually get any use out of (already have the games I want).

jgkspsx

Wow, totally uninterested in any of the "prizes", and I have all the games. I guess this is the tradeoff for having digital games as redemption prizes for coins. They're making the normal prizes better and the platinum prizes worse. (This would be more reassuring if the trend was worse and worse deals on the games of the month, though.)

And here I was actually looking forward to the pillow over what we got in the past. So what do you think will sell for more pennies on eBay, cards or posters? :(

On another topic: I got registration surveys for Bomb Monkey and Marvel Pinball!

EDIT: Shit, those pillows are selling for $50+ on eBay! :(

massoluk

Banned
NOA is just trolling, I refuse to believe this. It's not real. NANANANANANANANANANA. It's the pillow, the pillow, the pillow, the pillow, the pillow, the pillow, the pillow, the pillow, the pillow.

/cry in the corner

I already own majoras mask on the wii vc
I've got Metroid II on a cartridge. (fucking great game by the way)
Super Mario Kart is whatever. Mario vs. Dk too.

There were cooler 8bit Mario playing cards released a couple years ago that I wouldn't be embarrassed to whip out on poker night, so fuck those cards.

I actually really like that luigi's mansion poster. I'd frame that. The others are cool, but I hate most gaming posters.

Luigi's mansion is easily the classiest non embarrassing one of the bunch.
It's just, I feel like I should be getting more :/ 600 bucks for three posters, only one of which I'll actually use.

at least let me also get a game I don't want :/

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So lame. Free stuff is free stuff, but the fact that it's not even anything truly exclusive completely defeats the point of attaining Platinum (and, like others, it was my first time getting there). I don't have any faith that they'll decide to start offering better rewards again next year, so I'm not gonna go out of my way for Platinum in the future.

I'll probably just get the calendar, since it's the only thing I'd actually get any use out of (already have the games I want).

I was pretty excited about hitting platinum for the first time as well. Really disappointed in what they're offering, though. Everyone has pretty much nailed it by saying NoA has let us all down pretty hard on this one.

Vidiot

From now on every written answer on club nintendo will get a "The NOA prizes suck!" Instead of actual feedback. If they want to be cheap with the fans here I'll be cheap with the feedback.

Top Bottom